Jonboy Meyers Moves to Marvel in New Inhuman Ongoing "Royals", part of RESSURXION

Teaser/variant by Paul McCaffrey

>The Inhuman Royal Family will be featured in a new ongoing comic book series called Royals by writer Al Ewing and artist Jonboy Meyers.

>The new book is launching in April 2017 out of Marvel’s Ressurxion initiative that acts as a new chapter for both the Inhumans and the X-Men after their clash in December’s Inhumans vs. X-Men event. Royals will be the first of several new Inhumans-themed comics to debut in 2017.

>The cast features classic, royal Inhumans Medusa, Black Bolt, Crystal, and Gorgon; newer “Nuhumans” Flint and Swain; and surprise addition Marvel Boy. The story sees the group returning to the Inhumans’ space roots as they travel to the remains of the Kree homeworld and beyond to discover the origin of Terrigenesis, the chemical process that gives Inhumans their powers.

>“It's not the first time the Royals have been to space, admittedly, but I promise they've never been this far out before. I wanted to create a myth from the future, a quest to find answers and meaning in the face of extinction,” Ewing told us in an email interview. “In some ways, this is similar to my run on [Loki: Agent of Asgard], the thing that'll let me explore ideas of myth and metaphor, that'll allow me to play around on a grand tapestry. And the further out I get, the bigger I can go. I want to take this book to a place where Marvel-Earth -- the Marvel Galaxy -- isn't even a speck in the sky.”

>As for why they’re seeking out the origin of Terrigenesis, Ewing teased, “Let's just say that Terrigenesis is... not working out great the way it currently is. It's doing terrible things to the mutant population, and it's roaming the Earth as a giant cloud, and really, knowing more about it doesn't seem like that crazy an idea, even if it does take the form of a giant space quest.”

>Right from the get-go, Ewing is making sure readers are aware this adventure is serious business by letting them know that while seven are going forth, only six are going to come back alive.

>“It's a quest, and quests should have some kind of consequence to them,” he said. “Plus, if I told you ‘Anyone could die, honest!’... well, you wouldn't believe me. It'd be just more high stakes, like in every issue of every cape comic ever. But if I tell you that someone will die, that it's prophesied, baked in, suddenly there really are high stakes. One of these people is going to go to the far shore and not come back. And you're going to fall in love with all of these characters, so it's going to matter when it happens.”

>With this band of Inhumans traveling into space, the likes of Karnak and Lockjaw will stay behind with the Nuhumans on Earth. As for why newer characters Swain and Flint made the cut, Ewing said they were just too interesting to leave behind. As for Marvel Boy, Ewing hinted that he’s there because he knows an important piece of information that will prove vital to the Inhumans.

>Marvel Boy is the outlier, the x-factor. I'm kind of combining [Kieron Gillen's] characterization with the ‘Lord of Force and Fire’ from [Grant Morrison], then putting my own spin on it,” Ewing said. “He's very necessary to the mission, because he's a Kree from an alternate dimension. And he's realized that there's one piece of common knowledge in his world that just isn't know about in the dimension he ended up in. Imagine going to a dimension where oil hadn't been discovered... well, knowing what we know now, you might want to keep quiet, but it's that kind of magnitude. There's something Marvel Boy knows about the Inhumans that they don't. Yet.”

>Artist Jonboy Meyers recently left DC’s Teen Titans comic book series over creative differences, which freed him up to take on Royals at Marvel.

>Ewing

Might have to pick this up

>Artist recently left DC
Expect shit art in this book.

>The Inhumans have been getting quite a bit of attention in the past few years, with Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD television show introducing them to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and just last week it was announced that, instead of the planned Inhumans movie, a new show called The Inhumans will feature the Royal Family and debut in Fall 2017 in theaters with a two-hour IMAX special before heading to TV. Ewing said he had no knowledge of the upcoming TV show when he signed on for the book.

>Marvel Comics has put an increasing emphasis on the Inhumans, an effort spearheaded by writer Charles Soule with the titles Inhuman, The All-New Inhumans, and The Uncanny Inhumans. Soule and his artistic partners over the years essentially reinvented the Inhumans by bringing them down to Earth, creating a new cast of characters thanks to the Terrigen Cloud released during Jonathan Hickman’s Infinity event, and putting them in conflict with the beloved X-Men. The reveal of Royals signals that he will be wrapping up his years-long work and handing the Inhuman baton off to Ewing.

Nice try. It still won't stick, but nice try.

Fuck yes. Good things do happen. I might finally give a shot about Black Bolt. +Flint and maybe the Blue healer might show up.

>another TT artist left for marvel

this is a sign that teen titans should die

>Marvel Boy
who?

>Ewing on this instead of Guardians
FUCK
I'll read it for Ewing and the fact it's about the actual Inhuman family as opposed to not-Xmen

This is the better thread.

Hehehehe

DC ARE FINISHED

>Ewing making the Inhumans great again
>Ewing making Marvel Boy great again
Yes.
Fuck yes.
This is better than I could have hoped.

I mean, I'd rather have him on someone I care about more than the goddamn Inhumans, but they're the ones who likely need him the most.

This isn't Meyers' first Marvel work, I just discovered.

Noh-Varr

Technically, there's no proof that he's not on Guardians as well. Apart from the fact that it's gonna be Slott.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the fucking INHUMANS with superstar writer and huge draw Al Ewing on charge have DC easily beat. Dumbass.

>‘Lord of Force and Fire’ from [Grant Morrison]
Thank christ. Fuck Gillens Marvel Boy

Some faggot created a similar but substance-less thread seconds after creating this very thread.

Fuck off shithumans! This still sounds boring and stupid not even Ewing "nostalgia fag" can make it appealing!

Yeah, I know.

So this is why he disagreed over TT.
I mean, it's not like TT is AAA list brand but fucking "royals" is two elevators below them.

>> Inhumans getting another title...
>> Medusa still isn't sexualized in any of them...
>> Domino still doesn't have her own series...
>> Almost all Marvel Female titles are social justice twitter style feminist garbage with campy silly 5 year old quality artwork...
>> Beta Ray "best bro ever" Bill might die...
>> Ares is not be using while lame bitch ass Hercules is on the main Avengers book...
>> Mads Mikkelssen was wasted as fuck in Doctor Strange...
Die In Fire Marvel, Die In Fire...

Ewing is a Reddit-tier meme writer anyway.

also since this is Ewing, the man who cleans up after Bendis, it'll ideally
>explain why the cloud abruptly changed nature after six months, going from harmless to all but those with inhuman ancestry thanks to being diluted, to causing m-pox with a completely random incubation period
>explain why the cloud STILL hasn't dissipated
>give the Inhumans a fresh supply of crystals so they can just burn the cloud already
>apply what they've learned about terrigen and create a cure for m-pox

>actually remember that Black Bolt has powers other than his voice

>Medusa still isn't sexualized in any of them...
Go look at Meyers Starfire. We're in safe hands

>>“It's not the first time the Royals have been to space, admittedly, but I promise they've never been this far out before.
they ruled the kree

>Inhumans leave Earth, like non-Caucasians leaving USA
Good old Ike.

But the Inhumans are, like, the ultimate whites. They practiced eugenics.

>x-men going back to the good old days
>inhumans is now games of thrones in space

I-is this the marvel rebirth we have been waiting ?
at least for x-men and inhumans fans ? we are getting 2 things we like now

Dis Mary Jane...
> Muh Dick!

Who is the tumblr landwhale?

I'd say I'm gonna miss The Quiet Room but honestly it only even showed up in two issues

Doesn't Bendis still have another year on Guardians?

>>inhumans is now games of thrones in space
it already was that. than the hack man happened

Either Flint or Swain, presumably.

swaim. some mind control dyke

>>x-men going back to the good old days
I want herbs you use, senpai.

Swain, she has a lizard tail and secret empathy powers capable of subtle mindrape

>I'd say I'm gonna miss The Quiet Room but honestly it only even showed up in two issues
I will be eternally sad that we didn't get a miniseries/ongoing of silent, self-contained adventures of Black Bolt running the Quiet Room.

Yes. We're discussing who's going to replace him, obviously.
And it'll be Slott. Of COURSE it'll be Slott.

> Give Shithumans competent creative team
> X-titles announced with no creative team.

heh.

I'm betting on Kate Leth

more like swine, amirite

>that
>competent
lel

Ah, that's right. She's one of the nuInhumans that was introduced in the past year.

Membah how hard inferno was pushed in now 1.0 and how he is nowhere now

what, would you prefer Bendis?

I hope he dies in IvX desu

I actually liked Inferno

Not him but yes, at least the writer would be of the same caliber as the characters.

>>x-men going back to the good old days

Thats a lot of presumption for something we have very little information on so far

>x-men going back to the good old days
>no writers confirmed
Doubt it

but it has a blue and gold team like the 90's when x-men was last good

Epic meme, bro.

>push Inferno
>wild Toro appears and is Inhuman
>even wilder Human Torch appears
>New Warriors get ANOTHER Inhuman with fire powers and he transforms into some wingless dragon
What the fuck is with Marlel, Inhumans and fire?

>Royals
>NuHumans

dropped

For a split second I thought that it was the Marvel Boy of Atlas so Ewing would reconstruct the connection between Uranus' Eternals and the Kree's decision to create the Inhumans. Still on board but disappointed the fuck out of my mind now.
Anyway more space is always cool.

Ulterior Shithumans push by Perlmutter's Marlel favorite team... Easy pass.

Going from Teen Titans to the fucking Shithumans. What a dumb nigger.

>Teen Titans

>Ewing taking the Inhumans back to space and expanding into their mythos
It's everything I wanted. I guess Johnny fucks off during IvX and Karnak must be running Attilan.
>somebody dies
RIP in peace Flint.

What?

>>Ewing
Yay!
>>Death
I hope it's Noh-Var

Goddamn, this sounds fantastic. Cosmic coming back?

This is a very immature post, you should feel bad user.

>the series will send classic Inhumans Medusa, Black Bolt, Crystal and Gorgon into space once again
Yaaay!
>along with Nuhumans Flint and Swain
Ugh. Can not work up any interest in these guys

who's the shortstack? seriously, lady's like 15% boob

They were pretty interesting in All-New Inhumans. Swain got her development dupped quickly on the back end though.

Doubtful. I don't think Marvel will ever manage to get anyone interested in Inhumans, and GotG and Nova are going to continue to linger for now

YES. GOOD RIDDANCE
Also, FUCK Ewing! I always knew he was a hack

It never left. You have to stop thinking cosmic is just Guardians

ha ha Soule btfo his career

I wouldn't worry about it. 5 issues max, and 20k level of sales, just like his new avengers and ultimates. Sup Forums faps over ewing, but frankly he didn't set the roof on fire

>Inhuman book is part of Ressurxion
hahaha remember when people said this was the end of the Inhumans push? Expect Inhumans in every new X-book following a team

Nah man I'm not even talking about Guardians. There's definitely been some good stuff the last few years but this just really grabs me. He sounds like he's got a real good plan.

Hi Sup Forumsmblr

>777
delet this

>putting good writers on books that will fail
why?

if this is true, marvel is in dire trouble. they already have problem with ivx, as they are giving the floppies for free to retailers

such move would be a suicide. i think that they're going to wrap the inhumans plot and say goodbye. given that marvel relaunches last 5 months, it would make sense for this book to be a glorified mini

>There's definitely been some good stuff the last few years
Like?

but the book doesn't even have inhumans in its title....

Can't they just go back to ruling the Kree Empre again? That was actually cool and gave them a purpose for the first time in 40 years.

Spike's career died for this.

Kree are dead, cause Hala blew up.

that doesn't mean anything.

Ressurxion has Black Bolt's logo in it for a reason.

Will Ewing save the Inhumans "franchise"?

Yeah, but you would expect that a major inhumans book would be at least called "inhumans: royals". It isn't. It' only "Royals", like marvel was too embarrassed to put the word "inhumans" in the title, like it was tainted or something

he couldn't save new avengers, nor ultimates, so nope. he should had go to GOTG, but noooo..
fuck marlel

I hope they get back together.

it never made sense and always felt superficial

It's weird because this is a pitch that makes sense for the Inhumans

Bendis won't be off that for a while. They should have put Ewing on Nova.
But I guess a tv script writer will be good enough

Too little, too late.
The fact that they had to include the nushits already ruins it to me

What's their deal, anyway? If Ewing's thinks they're interesting enough to write about I'd at least like to know who they are.

Knowing Ewing, there's no way this doesn't at least get brought up. Kind of weird how Ronan hasn't shown up at all since Black Vortex.

Why would anyone think that? The Resurroion logo literally has Black Bolt's symbol in its name.

Guardians 3000, Korvac Saga, Guardians of Infinity, Starlin's Infinity books, Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet. I read the first few issues of Ultimates and thought they were good but I haven't kept up with it.

Well, I should say stuff I've enjoyed. Your mileage may vary.

>please spoonfeed me I'm a stupid dumbass
Nah, kill yourself

eh, Ewing is one of the dwindling list of people at Marvel whose writing I think is generally fine at worst, but I'm not sure he's good enough to save them

>had to include
I don't think Ewing "had" to include anyone he didn't want to.