>Spend so much time hyping up the Space Infinity Gem on how it's able to transport things across space

>>Spend so much time hyping up the Space Infinity Gem on how it's able to transport things across space.
>>MEANWHILE, Dr. Strange and all the other wizards use this ring device to do the same thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

addictgear.com/collections/doctor-strange-gift/products/doctor-strange-sling-rings?variant=32616070086
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well the rings
>Need intense focus, years of training, and the user must have prior knowledge/visualize the place they want to travel
While the stone
>Can instantly take you anywhere across the universe old and new if you know how to channel it, can maintain portals indefinitely if need be, and is a source of limitless energy

You need to focus when you use the Rings. You also have to have the destination in your mind. It would take years of practice to get "anywhere" and it's bound by how much the user knows.

The Space Stone is "Teleport wherever I want, fuck you"

how does the dude without hands use a sling ring

Sling Cock Ring.

When you think about it, Dr Strange (and Dr Fate I guess) are pretty worthless without all of their mystical items and talismans.

>and Dr Fate I guess
well since Dr Fate pretty much is his magical trinket

Fate, yes. Strange, not even close.

I thought Strange was nerfed pretty hard lately? I'm pretty sure Magik beat him.

Mutants are Mary Sues, go figure.

Every time a new idea pops in Marvel, it gets Cannibalized to make a Mutant who is better at that power than the original.

Isnt that DC

I dont think he ever does

>years of training
Which must be why strange learned in side a few weeks. Also, "sling rings" was a retarded as fuck concept to introduce into the movie.

that's the one you want to harp on, not the mind gem which is significantly weaker than Scarlet Witch even though it apparently gave her powers?

>Also, "sling rings" was a retarded as fuck concept to introduce into the movie.

>Magical device is retarded in a movie about magic

Honestly I have no idea how long his training period was in the movie. It didn't really do a great job illustrating that.

It's so confusing. There was an award on his shelf from 2016, indicating that his training was less than a year, but also one of the patients he rejected sounded a lot like one of the Hammer prototype pilots, which would put the beginning of the movie in 2010.

No, the fact that it's called a "sling ring" and the fact that if you lose it, you're shit out of luck, make it retarded.

I have, thanks to your insightful comment gained new respect and admiration for this board.

I went to Strange, and I thought it was shit too.

It was just, like,
a bunch of CG.

I didn't care about the villans.
Then Strange beats the bad guy by believing in himself and pumping his own ego,

which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what the whole message to this point was.

Not only that, but the movie was a FUCKING ORIGIN STORY.
Way to treat your audience with some contempt, Marvel!

The movie was OK in 3d, but only if you miss good acid, I guess.

You know what COULD have been cool? That darkness dimension shit, that was feeding monk lady her immortality?

WHAT IF SHE NOW EXISTED AS AN EVIL ECHO IN THAT UNIVERSE!?

Now THAT would be more compelling as a villan; someone we actually have seen characterised on screen.

Not emo makeup guy and his collection of unnamed, unimportant mooks.

WHAT A DISAPPOINTING FILM I WANT MY MONEY BACK

sorry, did you get lost on your way to the Youtube comments?

>but also one of the patients he rejected sounded a lot like one of the Hammer prototype pilots, which would put the beginning of the movie in 2010.

2008, actually. IM2 was only 6 months after IM1. And Vision states in CW that it's been eight years since Stark publicly announced himself as Iron Man.

It could just be that the government is still trying trying to reproduce an answer to Iron Man.

Did you have a point?

wasn't he only missing one hand?

Not once in the entire movie do they show or imply that the rings can send you anywhere outside of Earth, faggot.
And Earth is an insignificant speck of nothing in the infinite that is Space.
So suck a cock.

>Then Strange beats the bad guy by believing in himself and pumping his own ego,
Uh, no he didn't.
He simply figured out how to use the Eye to cast a spell that would force the villains hand.

Did you?

That would mean that Thor and TIH both happened in 2008, and all 3 heroes basically fucked off for 4 years until the Avengers.

The answer for both of these is simple and plot convenient and canon.

People don't know how to use them right and so aren't reaching the full potential like they'll be whenever Thanos gets hold of them maybe.

Also sling ring never tried to go off world, so distance wise Tesseract was still OP

>people using the Incredible Hulk as a legit source of information
Where's the point in the timeline where Banner gets surgery to alter his physical appearance and change his voice?

He did a bit of a lightshow, but didn't conjure a portal.

Plus he had one hand, he still could have used it.

Nowadays it's mutants being wrecked in favour of the NuHumans

>That would mean that Thor and TIH both happened in 2008
Yep.

>and all 3 heroes basically fucked off for 4 years until the Avengers.
One, actually. Unless Fury was bullshitting. Which he might have since he said that Thor 'leveled' Puente Antiguo, when all he did was fuck up main street. Most of the town was, in fact, untouched.
Same as Rhodey's.

Stand back!

I shall use the mighty power of the Eye of Agomotto to reveal this demons bait post!

>One, actually. Unless Fury was bullshitting.

What? So the Avengers happened in 2009? Guardians without a doubt happened in 2014, and since Age of Ultron happens after Guardians (Thor references the Infinity Stone from the movie),that means a 6 year gap between Avengers 1 and 2?

Also means Iron Man 3 happened in christmas of 2009.

But Winter Soldier HAS to have happened in 2014, right? Especially if you consider Agents of Shield canon

So where does that leave us? Phase 1 starts in 2008, and ends in 2009,Iron Man 3 wraps up the year in Christmas 09, and then there's a 5 year gap until Winter Soldier, with Thor 2 happening at any point in between?

>Agents of Shield canon
Fuck off

>But Winter Soldier HAS to have happened in 2014, right?

I think so. Falcon says in Civil War that he and Steve spent two years looking for Bucky, and CW takes place in 2016.

Just because they spent two years looking for him doesn't mean it was exactly two years ago.

>its bait if it disagrees with me,

you marlel fans are fucking children

this desu

Nice samefag, samefag

True, I suppose. We know that as of the events of Age of Ultron they were still looking for him. That's the latest as far as I know.

So maybe TWS happens in 2013, they start looking for him right after. Then stop their search after Sokovia and Sam is inducted into the Avengers in 2015. That's two years right there.

Upon further pondering, yeah. TWS does take place in 2013. Steve makes mention that he's 95 years old. Being that he was born in 1918, add 95 to that and you get 2013.

>Using SPACE Gem to teleport
Why would you even do that? Nothing is stopping you from warping space in 5-6 dimensions of horror, to do it faster.

Depends on the Dr Fate. I.e Superwizard Kent doesn't exist to give fucks, he exist to be a superhuman doll for the Mask.
Strange is still pretty scary without items. Just not as stupidly scary as with.

>can travel around dimensions
>can't travel a few lightyears in the same dimension
>Wizards can teleport just their hands and take things
>haven't done so for any other infinity stones
>We can totally protect the world and send people into the shadow realm...but we can't make dimensional prisons for Loki or other villains.

What month in 1918? He could still be 95 in early 2014. the movie came out in what, April?

How little did you actually consider any of the things you posted there?
I'm going to guess fifteen seconds.

>trying to figure out the MCU continuity
>implying MCU time moves linearly
Forget everything you think you know

>implying the people who write the MCU movies could grasp how to use non-linear time in their plot
They just aren't that talented.

>What month in 1918?

I don't remember. I'll have to rewatch if Zola lists Steve's precise birth-date or if it's shown in the Smithsonian scene. But in all, I'm leaning towards TWS being set in 2013. It fits best based on what we know thus far.

Helicarrier.

I said fuck off

No. Stuff in Daredevil spilled over into Doctor Strange, and Stuff in Agents of SHIELD had already spilled into Daredevil, so they're all part of the same world.

>Stuff in Daredevil spilled over into Doctor Strange

wait what

>B-b-b-but stuff in these two shitty low budget tv shows with dog shit actors and worthless writers is totally canon because I said so
Kill yourself

Metro-General Hospital is a fictional Hospital that was in both Doctor Strange and Daredevil. That's not where he practiced medicine in the comics, but in this version, it was probably easier to start with something already established.

Budget has nothing to do with what's in an established collection of works.

Is that the same one Claire worked at? Wouldn't Dr. Strange have either been at work, or known a fuckton of people who were there when ninjas attacked?

IE Bullshit that doesn't actually mean the two are connected in any way

I don't think he works the night shift, and in-universe, the hospital covered it up by saying it was a junkie that killed that nurse.

What would count as an actual connection then? It's the same setting, why is it not the same world?

>Implying MTVU=MCU

Kek.

>must have prior knowledge/visualize
Like how Strange made a portal outside of the Hong Kong sanctum?

>MTVU
That's something you just made up though.

>What would count as an actual connection then?

The movies acknowledging events in the TV shows happening. Which they don't. The people who make the movies have zero regard for shit that happens in the TV shows. I forget who it was, but someone who's a bigwig in Marvel or maybe it was a producer for one of the shows said that characters who appear in the TV shows will pretty much never appear in the movies.

>That's something you just made up though.

But I didn't. I've been using the term for months now.

>characters who appear in the TV shows will pretty much never appear in the movies.
Objectively false, he must have meant TV actors will never appear in the movies. There have been characters like Lady Sif, Doctor List of HYDRA, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and President Ellis who appeared in the movies, appeared in the show, and then appeared in the movies again.

>I've been using the term for months now.
Then it's something someone not involved with Marvel made up months ago.

>Objectively false, he must have meant TV actors will never appear in the movies.

What's the difference? Bottom line it basically confirms that Daredevil, Luke Cage and the AoS original characters will never appear in the MCU.

I've only ever seen it used to refer to the Marvel TV shows.

>Bottom line it basically confirms that Daredevil, Luke Cage and the AoS original characters will never appear in the MCU.
Why would you want them to? They're actors that were cast on a TV budget. It's still the same canon though, because the characters all inhabit the same world.
>I've only ever seen it used to refer to the Marvel TV shows.
I just looked it up, and the only times I've seen it used were by Reddit users who were immediately corrected that there is nothing, according to Marvel, called the "MTVU". It's all part of the same universe, Earth-199999.

Sling Rings rock. I ordered one today to sit in front of the MCU shelf like other one offs I've found from movies.

Yes, only the right hand was missing

Are the sling rings from the comics? If not, they seem like a pretty weird/random addition to the mythos just for the sake of what simple spells could do in the comic.

>MTVU

Music (heh) Television Universe?

>I ordered one today
Wuuuuuuut? Is it any good looking? Eh, I suppose you won't really know that until it arrives.

No, they were first introduced in a comic leading up to the movie but that basically means they were made FOR the movie.

>Why would you want them to?
I don't. But seemingly a lot of other people do.

>It's still the same canon though, because the characters all inhabit the same world.
Except the movies (or the people who make them at the least) refuse to acknowledge that and have no problem with contradicting events established in the TV shows. Even if it hasn't been officially stated yet, the TV shows, for better or worse, are effectively a separate canon from the movies.

sling rings can only transport a single person, and are presumably powered by an individuals energy, and they require visualization of a destination, so while you coudl travel to places on earth you havent been to, you could have seen them in a magazine, you probably couldnt travel to saturn or pluto

the Cube has unlimited energy, can open a portal of any size, for any period of time, and can travel from earth to asgard, or from earth to the chi-tauri dimension, the sling ring is the baby version of the tesseract, easier to handle but cant trasnport an entire army, or power weapons

I think it means Marvel Television Universe.

Looks good enough.

>addictgear.com/collections/doctor-strange-gift/products/doctor-strange-sling-rings?variant=32616070086

"FALLSALE" takes another 10% off. I paid more to get the three tokens from Inception made by a fan and the Babadook book was like $80 from the actual movie producers. So $15.98 or whatever is pretty livable

>the sling ring is the baby version of the tesseract
Its not even that.
The gem could conceivably get you to any place in the Universe where as the sling rings can only seem to take you any place on Earth.
The difference is far greater than simple comparing it to an infant vs a child. Its more like an ant vs a god.

>the sling ring is the baby version of the tesseract,

I've always liked to think that Sling Rings are the short range portable version of the Bifrost. Both bend space-time to create wormholes. I guess the Tesseract is just the maximum advanced version of both.

*infant vs an adult

>and have no problem with contradicting events established in the TV shows.
Like what?

we also need to take into a few things about the infinity stone

GOTG showed that not anyone can just grab one and use it. You have be a being of enough power to control one.

Or you can be inorganic material like Ultron and just grab that shit.

GOTG almost got wrecked if it was for Quill being a half breed.

The space stone is also INSIDE the tesseract. Who knows what kind of dampening the actual cube itself is doing to the space stone.

Loki had to get Dr Selvig to build some weird machine shit that need Lokis Staff/The Mind Stone with it just to get it to make a fucking wormhole

Who knows what kind of power the space stone has without the actual cube

>GOTG showed that not anyone can just grab one and use it. You have be a being of enough power to control one
Well the gem purported to be the one in GotG is the power gem which is arguably the most unstable of them.

>that need Lokis Staff/The Mind Stone with it just to get it to make a fucking wormhole

no it didn't; Loki took his staff with him to the helicarrier

Doctor Strange made it seem like anyone could be a decent sorcerer if they studied hard enough, that's the point right?

In the movie its implied that he is a fast learner, also his interest in learning may border on obsession as he was so fixated on getting his hands to work again. His character is also made to seem very stubborn. Add to this the fact that the teachers were very closely guarded and not anyone would be allowed to even study.

*teachings

Fuck

Im really tempted to buy an eye of agamotto replica. Anyone know where to get one for the best price/quality? Ive seen a few, but Im weighing my options

Can't beat the price of making one yourself.

Yeah I have zero skill in that department

>The movies have better writing and acting than the Netflix shows

Holy shit actually kys. The only possible show this could work with us Jessica Jones and even that's debatable.

I don't know what kind of a response you expected when its such a one sided argument.
You're just wrong.

Not all that long, it was stated he was abnormally gifted in picking up the Art. He was able to read texts he shouldn't by his bullshit memory and he mastered spells that nnormally took years in a week or so.

Purple: Power stone
Blue: Space stone
Yellow: Mind stone
Green: Time stone
Blue: ? stone
Orange: ? stone (I don't remember seeing it yet)

You said Blue twice.
The ones left are
Red: Reality (Aether in Thor: The Dark World)
Orange: Soul (Not revealed yet)

GotG = Power Stone
Loki's Staff = Mind Stone
Tesseract = Space Stone
The Aether = Reality Stone
Eye of Agamotto = Time Stone
???? = Souls Stone (Either Thanos has it or Adam Warlock has it)

Yeah my bad but thanks. Wasn't sure if the blue was space stone. I forgot about the red aether.

Or Heimdall has it in the center of his armour, as some have theorized.
This ain't the comics, son.
Thanos picked up the glove at end of AoUltron and didn't have any stones yet.

I'm inclined to agree with Comics Explained in that I doubt Heimdall has it.
It may be somewhere other than Thanos or Adam but I doubt its Heimdall.

Where are we going to see it? GotG 2? Thor Ragnarok? I doubt it's going to be on earth.