Where should I start with the Transformers?

Where should I start with the Transformers?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ
youtu.be/9ODtsNMNJXk
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BzuMJ3VIVPj_U1BaVS1oZHRESUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start with: Beast Wars
End with: Animated

That's pretty much it. Everything else is shit.

The shows are all shit. Read the IDW comics. Start with Phase One. Don't fall for Tumblr's lies and skip to Phase Two.

What about Transformers appeals to you?
How old are you?
What are some franchises/comics/cartoons you already like?

These're important to know, cuz otherwise you're just gonna get a bunch of people pushing their contradictory opinions on you. I know what TF media *I* like, but I wanna know what would work for you.

>What about Transformers appeals to you?
The lore.
>How old are you?
>What are some franchises/comics/cartoons you already like?
Star Wars, Spider-Man, old school Disney comics/cartoons, Hannah Barbera, and Gundam.

I will list shit I saw
G1 cartoon 30 episodes I dropped since I'm busy with work
Saw Beast Wars when I was a kid and rewatched it fully in 1 summer and I did the same for beast machines but it isn't that good
Binge watched Animated and Prime and saw the first movie.
Skipped the rest of the adaptations. Read some Idw comics but they didn't captured me so much.

The original 80's film has aged shockingly well.

I highly recommend last stand of the wreckers it's a 5 issue mini series that is decently separated from everything else, it also has a decent sequel

Hmmm. If by "Hanna Barbera" you mean the older cartoons and not the 90s Cartoon Cartoons, then you may have the patience to watch the original cartoon. Just know that, like all 80s action cartoons, it's not really meant to be taken seriously - seeing and more importantly, hearing all the classic characters with their original voice actors is worth it though. And it, in addition to the Marvel comic, created the "lore" that would be reinterpreted by later series.

I'd definitely recommend Beast Wars & Beast Machines, as those actually DO hold up better and do unique things with the mythology, but it'd be even rougher watching G1 AFTER those.

Alternatively, if you don't have time to watch all of those, just watch Transformers Animated. It's self-contained and sharply written, and has a diverse enough cast and stories that you could probably tell from there what you wanted to try next - f'rinstance, if you like the sillier, comic-relief-heavy episodes, you'd probably enjoy G1, and if you like the darker episodes, you'd prefer the comics.

>Furmanshit
lol

Animation-wise, it's aged decently.
The story and writing's complete trash, though, if you're not using nostalgia goggles.

I think that varies depending on wether or not you've seen the original TV series prior to seeing the movie.

There's quite a few changes in tone and actions between them, such as the difference between a shot by a laser rifle just knocking you down and outright killing you.

>The story and writing's complete trash

To be fair, it's better than the TV series and Bay Movies, but that's not worth a whole lot.

It was handled by different animation studios right?

a bunch of them, and it's pretty obvious.

Yes, though Toei was the main one for both show and film.

>Contrarianism is cool mom!
Furman is the Claremont of Transformers.

>Megatron shows you what he thinks of Cosmic Cube

>Great in the 80's, but completely went to shit when he came back after a long hiatus
Sounds about right, yeah.

> the lore
You could force yourself through G1, since it introduces many core concepts and characters that have re-appeared throughout the different iterations of the franchise.
You could read up on the current IDW comics since they're also getting expanded - we got a pastbin and reading list, but I don't have those at hand.
The shows... Beast Wars is good, but it doesn't touch much on lore, it deals with the descendants of Decepticons/Autobots being stranded on a primitive planet, but it's still good despite outdated graphics.
Transformers Animated has some very good character growth and overview of some of the conflict with more nasty Autobots, but it's also Optimus' coming-of-age story against the ancient warlord Megatron, and it never got the 4th season that was planned, so that's that.
Transformers Prime is also considered good by some, boring for others. I enjoyed it, and it's part of the (sort-of) Aligned Universe with a (botched) follow-up in the Robots in Disguise 2015 cartoon. RID2015 has its up and downs and is aimed at a more kiddy demographic, Prime was good but very slow.

I think the best adivce I can give is: watch a show to see if you like it, if yes, continue with shows or comics, and hang out in threads when they're up - usually wednesdays with new comic drops, where also the pastbin and reading list are shared. Info osmosis can go a long way.

Jesus, Optimus, there are children present!

Actually that does look like pretty shit protection for the Matrix. From certain angles you could probably see it right in his chest through the glass.

Of course it's probably super cybertronian glass, but still.

There's a thick panel that folds over the matrix behind the windows.

The matrix probably has some built-in protections, but since it's broken in two and then some, that doesn't matter anymore. What happened to Bumblebee's piece anyway? I know Rod broke his by foiling Tyrest's plans.

Rescue Bots

s02e10 (have SD need HD)

s03e03
s03e04
>we got a pastbin and reading list, but I don't have those at hand.
Link for the MEGA. Posting the Pastebin at this point is fairly redundant since it just links to the MEGA.
mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ

Cartoons:

-G1 s goofy and silly. Sometimes fun for silly reasons. Occasionally legitimately solid. Sometimes an absolute chore, especially in s3.
The film is a lot of fun though for what it is.

-Japanese G1 continuations are a bit contested and how much you like them will come down to how much you like that brand of kids anime really. Most TFG guys only like Victory, but I like all 3.
Headmasters is the most TF like. First half I think is great, kinda loses its way by the middle though and aside from a couple of isolated eps where it picks up again, never really gets back its form and goes out with a weak non-ending.
Master Force is super fun and Ginrai is awesome. But it's the least like a TF series and just a full blown kids piloted mecha show.
Victory is honestly like Master Force, but retains being an actual TF series more. Since it's no longer humans piloting robos.

-Beast Wars is great, I'd possibly even argue it's the only truly great Transformers cartoon there is. First series to really tackle the Transformers with a degree of maturity with some great character growth for the heroes and really strong well fleshed out characters. Though not without its childish side as some of the villains are the typical "dumb enforcer" archetype, with some slapstick humour here and there and the occasional fart joke early on in the show while it was still finding itself.

(cont)
Ignore that opening bit I typed it up in a notepad window I had spare and forgot to delete something non-related up top.

-Animated is well liked for being and energetic and fun show with charming characters. It's quite unique for Transformers though a lot of its uniqueness for TF comes from just turining it into a super hero show at times. Has really good world building, a really good interpretation of Optimus Prime and handles the Decepticons great. S1 and 2 can be a bit rocky though depending on what you want out of the show and it doesn't fully come into its own until s3 where it gets cancelled

-Prime is more contested on Sup Forums, but generally in a wider sense it's one of the more liked series just as Animated is. Tries to be a more serious TF series again like Beast Wars. Is a strong series when its good, but restraints on the show's plotting from production issues start to really show through in later seasons and the show can at times be a bit frustratingly dumb in how it forces the status quo to maintain.

(cont)

Comics:

-Marvel G1 is great and if lore and worldbuilding is what you're looking for this is the place you're gonna find where most of the significant lore for TF really began. Budiansky's stuff starts out decent but starts to go full retard before he leaves the book due to him not knowing how to keep up with the mandates of including new toy gimmicks and characters all the time. Generally the Furman stuff is why it's considered great. I'd recommend reading the Marvel UK version which has twice the content as Furman started there and was writing extra UK only stories that worked around the Budiansky ones, before Furman later took over writing the US series too and brought over concepts he'd introduced in Marvel UK.

(cont)

-IDW's current universe started out decent. Furman came back to do a new ground up take on Transformers. Some like it, some feels its aged a bit. But I definitely recommend checking out for yourself to know and I am a fan, other than Spotlight Arcee which is just such a messy can of worms.
IDW then gets a bit of a rocky time of it with the McCarthy era of All Hail Megatron, largely ignores a lot of what Furman had established in favour of being a shallow and "edgy cool" version of the G1 cartoon with nostalgia goggles. It was uh... not good.
Then you have Costa's era with The Transformers ongoing. G.I. Joe writer who openly didn't like the concept of Transformers ideal guy for the job. Basically didn't know what he should do with the characters so tried to give a human army perspective on them. We had basically 30 issues of Optmus being lost, the Autobots doing stupid things and more focus on insufferable and impossible to like humans than the Bay movies.
IDW finally turns it back around with new editor and writing blood. Now 2 main ongoings, Roberts writing More Than Meets the Eye, basically Transformers as a space opera on a quest to find an old Cybertronian myth. Has the most world building of IDW's TF books, and captures the feel of sci-fi shows like Farscape and Doctor Who while still being grounded in being a Transformers coming and about Transformers. Meanwhile Barber writes Robots in Disguise (later just called "The Transformers"), a more political book focusing on the political climate of post war Cybertron and how Autobots, Decepticons and non-aligned get by together in times of peace. More of a slow build book than MTMTE but still a great read.

I was just making a joke, or at least trying to. Guess I got a little serious in the speculation. It's just a still and those aren't always made to be accurate, just dynamic. For instance there doesn't appear to be any covers there except for a short flap up top that wouldn't hide much. Ah well, as long as it isn't Pat The Transman... The dimensions of the figure otherwise make sense, after all. Good old Guido. Did he ever get all his money from Pat?

If you used the original g1 cover it would obscure part of him, so yeah they leave it out to make the view more dramatic.

I like how Ultra Magnus had a compartment all ready and waiting. Makes me wonder what it is normally used for. Storing energon goodies? The remains of people he can't deal with right now?

Truth. But not. Read Tom Scioli's Transformers Vs GI Joe instead.

>implying
>he doesn't into G1, Beast wars, Unicron trilogy or Animated
youtu.be/9ODtsNMNJXk

Don't listen to this retarded faggot social justice warrior, IDW is shit

If you want an opinion of a real Transformers fan, I will tell you

G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines....these are all the same continuity, BM sucks dick but it's worth the watch for the sake of completion and hell maybe you'll like it

Animated, it's good

TF Prime, it's good

If you like this shit then if you dare venture onto the anime which at that point you can look up yourself, it's all awful and I regret having to suffer through it, but some people do like it and maybe you like overly Japanese crap

If you want a shortcut watch the G1 movie and Beast Wars, and find your own way from there

Play the War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron games as both are great

Uh, haven't seen the latest show so I can't speak on it....but TF Rescue Bots is fun for a kid's show

>Sup Forums
>real TF fan
lol

>TF Prime, it's good

s1 and 2? yah. s3 was trash tho.

What? There is not real TF fan who's not a fan of G1, sorry

It wasn't amazing, far from the worst thing if you've watch every show in Transformers....it was not done the way it should have been, that happens

>muh cartoons are better than the comics!
Let me know when they make a MtMtE cartoon, weeaboo.

I'll never get over Dreadwing. Never.

>weeaboo.
Are your a fucking retard?

In the end they all went to waste since RID"2" brought back virtually none of the cast in a meaningful way or other than who was to be assumed, so don't feel bad.....they all may as well have died

start with loliformers, it only gets better from there.

So should I just skip All Hail Megatron and Costa's run altogether?

Come on, they're all adults. They're just drawn by a guy who doesn't know the difference and... Marissa, why are you wearing assless chaps?

The tail end of Costa's run is important, and Roberts writes some issues that lead into the new status quo (and an issue that features an incredible conversation between Optimus and Megatron) so I'd advise to at least read from issue 22 onwards if nothing else.

Other than that your call. Furman, McCarthy and Costa's stuff all do their own thing to the point that they don't even feel connected and have giant incompatibility issues even though it's meant to be the same continuity. Costa tries to fix some of that damage when fans complained but it didn't help much.

When Barber starts writing Robots in Disguise though he impressively manages to make you believe that Furman, McCarthy and Costa's eras all work together and characters are really shaped by what happens in all 3.

So I guess it comes down to how much you care about that from a continuity stand point. There's nothing in RiD that's esoteric about it so it won't lose you or anything, but you would have a slightly greater appreciation of it.

Your call if something like that makes them worth slogging through, generally they're not really worth it. Unfortunately my OCD didn't let me skip them.

I would definitely advise to read Last Stand of the Wreckers though. A mini series that happened during the Costa era, but it was written by Roberts and Roche and is a fan favourite. Plus some of the plot threads get revisited in More Than Meets the Eye.

Sins felt a lot weaker than Last Stand, and I dread the idea of having to wait for another Wreckers mini-series years form now where they'll finally pick up the plot points Sins left dangling.

At this point how many Wreckers are even still left alive? It's not like they're getting any replacements now that the war is over. Of course Impactor has his own wacky animal hit squad now.

>At this point how many Wreckers are even still left alive? It's not like they're getting any replacements now that the war is over.
They basically drafted Kup, Hubcap, Stakeout and Arcee accidentally. If you go on a mission with the Wreckers, you're a Wrecker.
Also, Broadside and Scoop are still around.

I still really liked Sins, but then I really love Prowl so there was that. Plus I always loved Tarantulus in Beast Wars and IDW mad scientist version definitely tickled me.

>Spoiler
Well the Wreckers in Last Stand were mostly guys who were just slapped on the team, Impactor could easily just convince people. Plus as you said they had a rank boost in Sins anyway.

Also not directly TF related but:
Most of the way through IDW G.I. Joe v1 and I feel like I'm just passing time in the Joe parts until I get to more Cobra shenanigans. I'm not even usually that overly focused on the villains, is this normal for G.I. Joe? I suspect it is but it's kinda hard to tell since I'm bias, I don't like military stuff.
Scarlet is pretty much the only Joe I give half a care for.

Sandstorm is also still alive.

First Impactor would have to spring him from jail. I'm not sure if he'd be Impactors boy or not. I guess so, he was just murdering Cons after all.

He was horrified by what Impactor did and thought he and all of the other Wreckers deserved to be punished for just letting it happening, so I doubt it.

>I'm just passing time in the Joe parts until I get to more Cobra shenanigans. I'm not even usually that overly focused on the villains, is this normal for G.I. Joe? I suspect it is but it's kinda hard to tell since I'm bias
Yes this sadly the norm which is part of why people are hyped for the new Joe. He might actually make the Joes fun to watch for once. Snake-Eyes is entertaining though.

But yeah, Cobra will always be more fun since they're a bit more out there. IDW Destro is fantastic.

I can see him being Impactors boy given he was taking care of the Cons the system otherwise was failing to capture since most of them were committing crimes on Cybertron anyway beyond just what they did in the war.

But Sandstorm definitely wouldn't see Impactor as his boy. Maybe, MAYBE, if he frees him and convinces him that now is the time to make up for all their past actions by committing all new atrocities in the name of what is right. Sandstorm is kind of messed up in the head from all he's been through so he might agree to it.

But tell me that doesn't sound like a major plot hook when someone finally talks some sense into Sandstorm or at least reignites his hatred for what the Autobots did during the war.

But is IDW Destro anyone's avatar?

>Snake-Eyes is entertaining though.
Unfortunately he's a bit too forced for me. He comes off like bad fanwank at times. Plus so far his story has amounted to barely winning a fight and the fact he only barely won caused him to lose all his self worth and he abandoned the Joes completely to go off for some painfully dated stereotyped Eastern martial arts training of the spirit.

>IDW Destro is fantastic.
I was a bit shaky on him at first since the "Scottish" dialogue would oscillate between alright and painful (though admittedly they tone it down for Destro himself in comparison to his lackeys and generally comes of fine for him). But being Scottish still did definitely give him points.
He did spend a lot of v1 out of his depth and I did want to see more from him actually being cunning. The second they dropped him in the gulag he became pretty GOAT. Plus nearly killing a guy for calling him English did a lot for me.
At this point he's easily my favourite so far.

I need to check out the pre-Transformer GI Joes. Guess I should find a torrent.

If you mean the IDW stuff I put it in the MEGA since it's not technically related:
(2005-) IDW > Other > G.I. Joe (Pre-Revolution)

Then it's split into 4 folders for each of the seasons.

I left out the stuff that wasn't part of the mainline continuity. So it's missing the Marvel continuation, Future Noir Special, Live Action tie-ins, Deviations, and both the Street Fighter an Danger Girl crossovers. Everything else should be there though.
(I'm trusting Wikipedia's word that Street Fighter isn't in continuity with IDW's main stuff, and I'm just guessing for Danger Girl since neither Wikipedia nore Joepedia even acknowledge it exists.)

Space on the MEGA is starting to get tight though, we've got a little buffer room but it's gonna fill up faster than it used to thanks to a shared universe now. So when push comes to shove the pre-Revolution G.I.Joe stuff is gonna be the first thing to go.

>since it's not technically related
>not
Meant "now".

I'll check it out. I saw some of the folders were otherwise empty.

Hmm? That should only have been the cases if you just so happened to check while I was still uploading issues.

Let me know if anything appears to still be missing.

Actually wait, did you mean some of the folders in:
(2005-) IDW > Hasbro Universe?

If so it's because most of them haven't had an issue out yet, but I put the folders up now to save me the effort later and it helps me remember which books to watch for.

So far in Hasbro Universe the folders that are meant to be empty are
G.I. Joe
M.A.S.K.
Revolutionaries
Lost Light
Optimus Prime

Since they're still to debut. Everything else should be up to date though.

The older IDW stuff I sorted separately just because I didn't like having the G.I. Joe stuff stretch that far back before Revolutions in the Hasbro Universe folder. Jem was recent enough it seemed silly to split it up though, especially when it's still a single ongoing.

Yep, checked Hasbro Universe first.

Why do people keep posting outdated versions of this?

Because apparently that's the most current they had? You didn't exactly step up and post the newest version.

Nobody will click on that update link. A Sup Forums poster going to tumblr? IT'S A TRAP!

Everything is dated in the MEGA (well to within a year), so there's at least that to help people somewhat when they go past the rec image.

Plus to be fair when they're done with what's covered there I think it's fair to expect they can more or less find their way.

>G.I. Joe
>M.A.S.K.
>Revolutionaries
>Lost Light
>Optimus Prime
Any news yet on what is getting delayed next?

This week:
Jem And The Holograms #21
Rom #5
Transformers Till All Are One #5

G.I. JOE A Real American Hero #234
But that won't be added the the MEGA

Next Week:
M.A.S.K. Mobile Armored Strike Kommand #1
Optimus Prime #1
Revolution #5 (Of 5)

I generally read so many comics each week I always have loads each Wednesday so I don't really notice how long it is between most series.
Though there is one series I really feel the wait between issues sometimes. But it's Doctor Who, not TF, sorry TFbros.

To clarify that's what will be coming out this week and next, not any actual delays. I don't really keep track of delays since like I said I always have plenty to read.

>M.A.S.K.
I wanted to like that because the concept seems cool and both Miles and Vanessa look like fun villains but ughhh the Revolution tie in was soooooo boring.

Yep it kind of always has been like that Cobra and the Dreadnoks are always fun and they steal the spotlight.

Serpentor is the only one I despise out of the villains and the only time I liked him was in thay Joe/TF crossover where they made him out of Megatron into SerpentOR since that added depth to him other than being this angry asshole who was made out of tyrants.

That said Renegades made the Joes interesting to me as characters, even Duke who is usually the blandest of bland characters has a personality in that cartoon. The Marvel Joe comic also makes them interesting.

>No Prime
>No Cybertron games
I agree with those 2 but these are the 4 top tier Transformers series
tfw we'll never get a 3rd game because Activision put High Moon on CoD DLC for the rest of their life

Prime is for masochists that like getting disappointed every-time a potentially good idea is wasted

I might try some of those out user thanks. Well the the IDW crossover ongoing I was always gonna read anyway, but the others I wasn't gonna get to before now.

I'd always been kinda opposed to G.I. Joe in concept so I'd always tried to avoid reading it beyond the TF crossovers.

Then Revolution triggered my OCD too much to carry on avoiding it after all this time.
I'm even kinda sad on some level how much I'm loving Cobra.

How's the original G.I. Joe cartoon? I know people were saying upthread it was silly but fun, but I'm curious specifically about Cobra in it. If each episode sort of paints it they're just a nuisance the Joe's easily dispatch each ep like G1 TF often was I'm not sure I'd dig that.

Tfw like Animated and Prime about similar.

Same could be said for Animated since both Starscream and Megatron did fuck all except stand around and look cool. Starscream did slightly more but it was largely pointless, we really needed to see more actual fighting from both of them.

>How's the G.I Joe cartoon
Fun, silly, and entertaining.
But yeah Cobra is easily dispatched but usually not in an incredibly disappointing way. Cartoon Cobra Commander in particular is a best boy through and through. He's like a better and less annoying version of G1 Starscream.

Recommendation: "There's no place like Springfield!"
It's insane.

>He's G1 Starscream.
OH NO!

>a better and less annoying version
Actually that might work.

I'll check it out when I'm between shows sometime. Not sure when that'll be though, got a lot on my to do right now. Plus still 3 series of TF left to go, not counting Beast Wars Neo.

2nd Nov. version of the guide, in case anyone wanted it. I started out with Phase 2 and haven't regretted it so far.

Thats what good animation, a decent story, and a fucking awesome voice cast and soundtrack do for you.

>people advocating skipping anything

Everything from the IDW stuff is referenced at some point. Knowing it helps. And besides, if you're just fuckin' pirating comics off the net, why not read it? At worst, you'll kill another hour of time reading something.

You've never been truly frustrated or narratively blueballed if you talk like that.

Different people enjoy different things. And if they're pirating comics anyway might as well read them all. Not like it's costing them anything.

Imagine Revolution wasn't just a Hasbro thing and IDW had free reign to combine any of their stuff, what of IDW's would you most want to see TF get combined with?

I'd have loved Godzilla suddenly running around in his world, and I'd kill for a TMNT and TF crossover.

I also adore the Rocketeer but I don't really think there's a lot I'd get out of a TF team up from him. I think I'd like to see him interact with some of the other Hasbro stuffs though.

Time is precious user... I mean not my time I dump that into watching, reading and playing some terrible things for completions sake, but some people's time is.

I think the things that would work best for TF crossovers are anything from space. GI Joe suddenly popping up out of literally fucking nowhere is a bit jarring. "lol they were out fighting turrists while the world was being BURNED TO THE FUCKING GROUND BY MEGATRON AND BILLIONS ARE DEAD" is pretty fucking hard to swallow. ROM's Dire Wraith's suddenly being a player in the world at large is also a bit odd, but ROM and the Wraiths themselves could've easily existed in the universe without "messing" with anything until they hit Earth.

Hey terrorists are a big deal user, more important than some goofy robots FROM SPACE.

Yeah they really should have had a merging universes story that allows the histories to both still happen even though contradicting at that point. It's not even like ridiculous science like that is out of place for TF, and even the little G.I. Joe I've read it's not too out there. Plus sharing a universe their levle of science crazy now has to be shared regardless.

Yeah. I mean, I like the potential for crossovers it now brings, but I do think it actually puts GI Joe in kind of a bad place since they're usually more traditional in terms of military shit, and now they've gotta adapt to giant mecha playing wargames all over their planet over glowing space rocks that they eat.

That one of them planted on their planet millions of years ago, in a bid to collapse the whole universe into a singularity to power their home planet.

They just feel really outclassed.

Oh not to mention Infestation made it explicit the TF and G.I. Joe universes were separate in that. Not that it really matters though. Plus since I haven't read it all yet, it's totally possibly the G.I. Joe stuff from Infestation was easily separable from IDW's main G.I. Joe continuity in a way TF Infestation wasn't (even if that wasn't the intent at the time).

If you don't like the military aspect then Renegades will be perfect since it was more of an A-Team type of thing and it strays away from the military concept, as a matter in fact the dynamic of Cobra and GI Joe is different in this cartoon.

Here's a link with all the episodes, they aren't many and this cartoon only had one season.

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BzuMJ3VIVPj_U1BaVS1oZHRESUk

As for the original cartoon, IMO it was better than G1 mainly because the Joe cartoon had some episodes that were really well written and it had a more coherent plot.

It also ranged from very dumb and silly episodes to episodes that were dark in tone so there was some variety.

Cobra gets dispatched although not as easily as the Decepticons were by the Autobots and the Joes sometimes have to work to stop them because Cobra has good legal representatives with Tomax and Xamot which often made cobra untouchable and the Joes had to find other ways to stop them.

Also Cobra's plans consisted of fucking up the weather, pyramid schemes, world domination, restructuring the US economy, fucking with the Joes, they varied.

>"There's no place like Springfield!"
One of the most fucked up episodes, I really rec that one as well.

CC was definitely better than Starscream and very entertaining when he went on a rant, if there is someone you'll hate it's Serpentor (he comes on later on and takes CC's position) that guy had zero to no redeeming qualities IMO.

The upside is maybe we'll see GI Joe go back to the crazy lasers from the 80's show. They can toss that right in and say "this is what a bloated military budget can do" or something, and boom.

Lasers.

Plus then they can have Cobra steal the design specs, and begin handing out laser rifles to every two bit shithole.

>A-Team
FUCKING SOLD!

>Also Cobra's plans consisted of fucking up the weather, pyramid schemes, world domination, restructuring the US economy, fucking with the Joes, they varied.

TF had some pretty weird and varied plots too though.

They were both great cartoons for their day.

Not just Hasbro? Does Judge Dredd count? Can you imagine Optimus and the rest arriving on Mega City One? Optimus would be horrified.

Judging from Mainframe's comment about Soundwave killing some of his friends it looks like some of the Joes were fighting Decepticons while AHM happened, plus most of the IDW Joe stuff happened during that period when both the Decepticons and Autobots were away from Earth.

What was weird for me was when it was mentioned in Action Man that England got spared from the Decepticon takeover, did Megatron not give a shit about England? I thought he would wreck all of the major countries of the world.

I want to believe he didn't give enough of a shit about the isles and just concentrated on central europe. Or the people in Action Man kept their stiff upper lip attitude about getting wrecked.

>Not just Hasbro? Does Judge Dredd count?
Yeah Dredd would count. Question was for basically anything IDW so them doing the US Dredd stuff makes it qualify.

>What was weird for me was when it was mentioned in Action Man that England got spared from the Decepticon takeover, did Megatron not give a shit about England?
You'd think, being an alien invader, the UK would be first on his list. That seems to be how the Daleks, Cybermen, Zygons, Time Lords and just about any invading alien force operates. Hell even the Skrulls prioritised the UK one time for its magic.

Dr Who is british, of course the writers aim the danger at home to raise the stakes.

Hellboy/BPRD, now that's a proper wholesale destruction of the world. Now awkward first starts, individual horrors all over the world culminating in terror.

Armada

Well, obviously there isn't a temporal rift under Cardiff in this universe.
>What was weird for me was when it was mentioned in Action Man that England got spared from the Decepticon takeover, did Megatron not give a shit about England? I thought he would wreck all of the major countries of the world.
England is pretty small potatoes compared to America, China or Russia. He probably ignored it on the basis of how small it was.

>He probably ignored it on the basis of how small it was.
Clearly it was just because Megs was too scared to fight Brian Blessed.

Revolution #5 iTunes/iBooks lettered preview