Venom #1 spoilers

>bleedingcool.com/2016/11/21/5-spoilers-for-the-brand-new-venom-out-this-week/

>This week sees the release of the new Venom comic book by Mike Costa and Gerardo Sandoval.
>Heavy anticipated, the book has been a pre-order sales success within Marvel, more even than they were expecting.
>There was some silly mindless speculation over the identity of the new Venom. But everyone’s wrong.

>So what’s coming?

>1) The new Venom is not a lethal protector, he’s an actual bad guy. No question about it.

>2) He is linked to Mac Gargan, previously the Scorpion and also a previous host of Venom.

>3) He is an ex-army ranger, discharged, wounded in action.

>4) He is missing fingers and registered as disabled.

>5) You’ve never heard of him before. But he has paid a price.

The more I hear about this comic, the more my heart sinks.

>2) He is linked to Mac Gargan, previously the Scorpion and also a previous host of Venom.

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU LINK HIM TO THE WORST VENOM

At least it's a new shitty OC rather than regressing a character who has had development.

Wait, I'm out of the loop. What happened to Thompson?

not the worst one to link h too but fuck i hate where venoms gone. I miss old old venom back when they were actual villains fuck i miss when had proper villains.

WHY

Who the fuck knows. I'm glad they didn't shit up the end of Space Knight explaining it.

Anyway. At least the art will be good...?
It's not surprising that he's ex-army, what with Costa's military fetish.

Venom is a good fit for Sandoval.

Calling it now. He's black.

Maybe mixed?

Underrated.

>THE WORST VENOM

That would be Angelo Fortunato, user.

I miss Eddie...

>At least the art will be good...?
Its Gerardo Sandoval. Its fucking garbage-tier art.

Fuck off, Sandoval is great. I'd rather have him than some bland, stiff house style garbage.

this sucks

bring back agent venom.

Not space knight venom

not scorpion venom

and Eddie was at his most interesting since the 90's as Anti-Venom. Just say no to Eddie Venom.

Well, ya, but I hardly count him since he only had it for like one issue.

>Sandoval is great
You probably also like Ramos, I'm guessing?

Same shit-tier levels of art.

>Tfw Venom wont ever be as good as it was when Remender wrote it
>Tfw getting ready for another 20 years of shitty Venom storylines with a few glimpses of what a good idea might be

>Marvel
>house style
It isn't the 90s anymore fampai

This

Gerardo is the closest we have to Sandoval Venom fuck off Romita

*Joe Mad Venom
oops

What? How are they even similar apart from being stylized? Ramos just draws funny, Sandoval exaggerates to create weight and momentum.

Nope.
Sandoval is what Ramos's style would be like if it was actually good.

The symbiote did not make Peter angry or aggressive at all.

Talk about wasted pages.

>Peter Parker (A.K.A. The Amazing Spider-Man)

Jeez, thanks for spelling that one out for me. I might have thought you were talking about a different Peter Parker.

Shit, even Bendis doesn't do this.

Yeah, that's a really annoying misconception that's been around for a while now. Just like the idea that it somehow made Pete stronger. I blame Spider-Man 3.

I'm pretty sure that one's been retconned for a while.

Honestly, as much as I love the 90s cartoon, it really was what started it all. Everything else just seems to base it off that.

Ah. I only caught a few episodes here and there, so I just pinned it all on Raimi.

The more they reveal about this series, the more I wonder why they thought it would be a good idea.

>Guys pls order 1000 copies of this for a cool variant!
>1/7 of the book may as well be blank.
This is robbery.

>Legit trying to argue that Joe Mad and Sendoval are good artists

Top kek, user.

If you're serious, you need to get your eyes checked. You might be vision impaired.

Yeah, there is too much happening on the page. He only likes repeated panels or completely blank pages, as shown in Ultimate End.

It hasn't ever been retconned. People just have shit memories or are too casual to bother doing even the most basic amount of research.

>actually a villain again
Good
>linked to Gargan
FUCK
>ex military donut steel missing fingers and probably riddled with PTSD
So Flash again but worse?

I do not have high hopes for this.

>Wasted pages
Won't these ones be in addition to the ones with actual art? That's what IDW does.

Why can't Marvel let the symbiote be happy?

Joe Mad is a good pinup artist.
Like McFarlane, this does nor make him a good comics artist.

What is it about symbiote characters that makes it so difficult for writers to know what to do with them?

Nobody worth a damn wants to touch the clusterfuck, especially when Bendis just proved that everything you write means less than nothing.

No it didn't, you're right. Peter just flipped the fuck out when he found out it was alive and that rejection is what made it resent him so much. It didn't actually do anything to him.

It must chap Marvel's collective ass that Venom's original design was literally perfect and any "updates" they try to do all look like knockoffs.

What was wrong with Flash as Agent Venom?
Why must everything ex villain go back to being villainous again?

>Go through all the pain to redeem Venom
>Even with a fucking Bendis retcon
>Venom and Spider-Man, after all these years, make peace.
>The INSTANT we get Agent Venom back, we change to a new character

FUCK YOU MARVEL

>Why must everything ex villain go back to being villainous again?
Muh status quo.
Unless writer starts self-inserting into bad guy and him becoming Avenger and getting ongoing.

>tfw no one will chase Bendis to the ends of the Earth for his crimes against comic books

Because symbiotes are a clusterfuck. No one can agree on what they are and what they actually do to their hosts, so every new writer has a new take on them even if it contradicts something that's been previously established. Bendis tried to make it his own thing with this "Klyntar" nonsense, but it only served to make things even more convoluted.

In comics, the only things more messy than symbiotes are Hawkman and Donna Troy.

Because Flash won't be Venom in the movies and MUH SYNERGY.

These. I love me some Sandoval. But Sup Forums is too pleb to accept anything that dares to have an actual artstyle.

>In comics, the only things more messy than symbiotes are Hawkman and Donna Troy.

What about Cable

They had to acknowledge miles somehow

All I wanted was Agent Venom teaming up with the Spider bros.

God dammit.

What's gonna happen with Mania now?

Cable actually isn't really convoluted at all though.

Cause they would run out of villians and heros would become just firefighters

nothing

I'm sorry

Why exactly is Venom going along with this? Are they sedating him again?

Because rght now he should be a shameless moralfag and believes in the power of fucking friendship.

Save us Toxin

Back into the broom closet of purgatory until someone remembers she exists again and/or she's killed off-panel in an event.

So this means Eddie's still going to be "Agent" Toxin, then?

That is, if they don't forget he exists again after Carnage gets canned.

In the letter page to the last spaceknight issue, Thompson said this, so there's still hope.

So where can I read a symbiote-less Flash?

I'd rather read that and how he's dealing with it.

...IF THEY THROW HYBRID ON HIM, IMA BE PISSED.

Didn't Eddie kill Hybrid?

And the other symbiotes are living inside a doggo I believe.

It's been confirmed Eddie will be appearing in the new Venom book, and I think I read that he'll have an important role.

I mean, Eddie tried to kill Hybrid, but he only succeeded in killing the host, and then breaking apart the symbiote. The remaining symbiotes didn't seem to be all there though, Scorn described them as "mewling kittens" or something.

Just read our 1:1000 variant, we still know nothing. No story time unfortunately because i'm not trying to handle this book more than i already have

>that dares to have an actual artstyle.
That some some justification to me. You're in some serious denial about your shit tastes, user.

Do you not have a different copy you could use? Like, the default version instead of a variant cover?

I need my symbiote fix user

So the story just beginss with the guy already using Venom?

What happens in Civil war II #7 and Death of X finale?

Why do they keep rehashing venom. We need more toxin and hybrid.

Do we at least find out what happened to Flash?

Toxin is hunting down Carnage in not-R'lyeh

>not-R'lyeh
Wat

We got shipped the 1:1000 separately because they wanted to make sure it didnt come damaged, regular shipment comes in tomorrow sorry user
Pretty much, He meets up with a friend who knows Mac and they recruit him for a job and as the job goes south Venom latches on, new guy takes control and goes home
Didnt get the rest of our books in, just this one
Nope, in the letters the editor says that Mac and Flash are going to be involved in the series though

that sounds like a clusterfuck first issue desu

>So where can I read a symbiote-less Flash?

Nearly all of Amazing Spider-Man before #654

>Didn't Eddie kill Hybrid?
He killed Hybrid's host, Scott Washington. With the exception of the Scream symbiote, all the Life Foundation symbiotes are still alive.

Carnage got the Darkhold as apparently he is the chosen one to awake Chthon, so he travelled to an island with an insane ancient city that's pretty much R'lyeh, with Toxin, Man Wolf and some others chasing after him.

Also it looks like Carnage had another kid (despite hating the idea before). So yay, Toxin's a big brother now.

Spoil us oh benevolent user. Give us all the details.

Oh, I see. Thanks anyway user.
>Nope, in the letters the editor says that Mac and Flash are going to be involved in the series though
So with Eddie also being confirmed to being in the book, I guess he's playing upon the idea that Bunn eventually wanted to get to about the previous hosts all trying to get the symbiote?

I'm suddenly a lot more interested.

Is Raze really one of Carnage's spawn though? The book makes it sound like she's just another one of those faux darkhold-made copies of himself, though it is weird that she looks way different.

That's why I say "looks like", All others were pretty uch Carnage, but this one not only looks different, but has an actual name.

Who new all Carnage needed to accept parenthood was religion?

Oh OK. I had to look up what you were talking about since I've never read any of the comics and just keep up with developments of new characters.

Oh cool, time to throw out any character development for the better part of a decade.

Come on, user. Don't be such a casual faggot. Just read the comics.

I might be an outlier here, but I was actually totally fine with Gargan as a host.
I mean, he's not as good as Eddie or Brock, but he's cancerous to me.

I thought he was alright mainly because I liked Dark Reign/Dark Avengers. I'm pretty ambivalent to him as Venom

>Actually shelling out for that.
Your shop disgusts me.

I've only read one comic book in my life so far, not about to start now. And that's still an achievement compared to the fact that I've never read a manga before.

>I mean, he's not as good as Eddie or Brock, but he's cancerous to me.

The fuck are you even trying to say, user?

We didn't buy it until it (plus 100 copies of the regular cover) presold on ebay for $1600, money isn't too disgusting user

>not about to start now
Then get the fuck out off this board.

That Gargan was totally okay as Venom.

>I mean, he's not as good as Eddie or Brock, but he's cancerous to me.

So...

He's not Eddie. And not Eddie. But he IS cancer?

The hell? Did you have a stroke while you typed that?