So much for King tackling the 3 Jokers thing. I guess we'll have to wait for Johns to do it in the next mega event

So much for King tackling the 3 Jokers thing. I guess we'll have to wait for Johns to do it in the next mega event.

You missed it.

i assumed the Joker/Riddle War or whatever was the reference

He's clearly talking about this

Everyone just misinterpreted his interview question. The interviewer asked him about the 3 Jokers thing, and he responded that #9 would tie into Rebirth.

DC must have decided that Palmiotti and Conner were best suited to tell the 3 Joker story or part of

I'll bet $20 that ends up not even being a real Joker. Besides, the Conner/Palmiotti Harley stories have never been canon.

That doesn't mean that they aren't part of the DCU, I mean Harley had a Futures End tie-in

>implying Johns had any plan for 3 Jokers and didn't just come up with something last minute to drum up hype for "JOKER'S IDENTITY REVEALED"

Realistically, is there any chance that we can get DC to drop the 3 Jokers thing thing?

I don't think so. They put so much hype around it and raised a shit ton of questions. Johns said that the "Rebirth Event" would conclude in 2018, with bits of it interweaving between the titles until then. I'd be willing to bet that we'll see the "answers" then.

Who even gives a shit about Joker? Much less 3 of them? At this point he's the most over exposed and boring villain of Batman's. Fuck this shit, give me Riddler as a bad guy again please.

>Joker/Riddle War

Wait, what?

Blame the idiots jerking off to Suicide squad.

I do user, I liked the movie just fine, but Joker and Harley were the weakest bits of the whole film and they are all any one ever talks about.

>Who even gives a shit about Joker?
99% of casuals. Look at the sales numbers for Snyder's run; they shot up whenever Joker appeared.

I used to be a casual like this, but I've just been worn out on Joker in the last decade.
>Starred in all 3 Arkham games and was the villain of Origins
>was the main bad of Dark Knight
>had the mini by Azzerello
>was the big bad for 2 or three big events during New 52
>had an animated movie based on Killing Joke
>was promoted to be the biggest draw for Suicide Squad
How are people not sick of this character yet? It's like early 2000s and fucking Wolverine being everywhere

King dodged a bullet of not having to touch that stupid concept and we dodged a bullet of not having King touching that stupid concept, everybody wins.

For most people the Joker disappeared in 2008 and only showed back up now in Suicide Squad, not everyone consumes as much superhero media as you.

I wish. It's arguably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from comics.

I just wish that a better more intresting villain would have gotten the casual push that Joker has gotten over the last few years.

It was a dumb idea to begin with. During the New 52 DC had a lot of ideas that were never really fleshed out. Joker it seems is like a beacon for being written into a corner, hell just look at that entire face-off fiasco. Another good example is Mister Mind, who I fear is never coming back. Also who the fuck was this person and why havent they done ANYTHING with her?

they referenced the "war of jokes and riddles" once or twice but nothing was ever explained

What happened with the cock craving golden MILF anyway?

Yeah, but Dark Knight convinced DC that nobody would be interested in the DC universe unless Batman was involved in some way, hence why Batman is slated to appear in EVERY SINGLE DC movie that is currently in the works and only 2 members of the Suicide Squad weren't from Batman's rogues gallery. Hell, when i heard Captain Boomerang was in it, I nearlly crapped my pants in shock that there was going to be a non-batman associated character in it. He turned out to be the best part of that film.

>"war of jokes and riddles"

It's supposed to be an implied allusion to some war between Joker and the Riddler. Because even though we scrapped about a decade's worth of history to compress everything into 5 years, that doesn't mean there isn't room to add in new shit.

Thats my point, this was the only time we've seen her! She just shows up at the JL tryouts with Atomica, Blue Devil, Black Lightning, Black Canary, and Element Woman, and thats literally it.

>I am an hipster

Thanks for sharing

SHAZAM REBIRTH

Harley can recognize The Joker by fucking him.

Also, daily Conner and Palmiotti should get gassed.

>I was happy that Suicide Squad was Batman 0.5 and only featured one villain that wasn't his
So, you're a batfag? Thanks for sharing.

Remember that Shazam New 52 run? Remember that DCYOU Shazam run? Fuck DC for lying for more than five years now.

I care about quality, unlike you, obviously.

They could have been all Flash characters for all I care.

>Katana for no reason
>Croc as The Big Guy
>quality
I'm not sure you know what that means. Ostrander's Suicide Squad was fucking amazing and didn't require any Batman villains as mainstays. More Batman villains equals quantity, not quality.

>Ostrander's Suicide Squad was fucking amazing and didn't require any Batman villains
Deadshot

Penguin, Poison Ivy, Barbara Gordon,

Not mainstays

Right, I keep forgetting Deadshot is supposed to be a Bat Villain. Alright, you got me there

>goalpost_moving.gif
Whatever nigga, Poison Ivy was in a year and a half worth of issues and probably would've been in more if #66 weren't the last issue of vol 1, and Deadshot was in 49 of those 66 issues, from the very beginning.

>moving goal posts
Not really, brother, seeing as how the orginal post you were replying to stated "Mainstays". Rick Flagg, Boomerang and Deadshot would be mainstays, the others not so much as it was it was a rotating cast of characters.

Anyone who expected a mystery plot point brought up in a Crisis crossover maxiseries to be resolved in one of the regular ongoings is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Come to think of it, wasn't Bronze Tiger a Batvillain for a bit?

king da best

At this point it's fair to say that any villain based on earth is a Batman villain, I know BT was involved with the LoA, so I guess that makes him a Bat rogue by proxy

>Anyone expecting a major revelation about the bat canon to be brought up in Batman is an idiot

They should really start actually revamping these titles instead of soft rebooting them or making promises for changes that are so far down the pipeline that they lose all relevancy

I still say they should give Green Arrow his own set of rogues that aren't being used by other heroes like Captain Boomerang and Deadshot, make a Superman themed Brave and the Bold ongoing that would follow Superman teaming up with different heroes from the DCU to help expose the lesser known aspects of the universe while supporting other ongoing titles, and split Suicide Squad into 2 team books where the first has the more seasoned members taking on larger threats while the second team is filled with D-Listers and newbies that are sent on suicide mission after suicide mission

Yeah, he beat Batman pretty decisively and may have "killed" Kathy Kane, the original Batwoman, but it's really ambiguous - it may've just been one of those no-name goons with him. And it doesn't really matter cuz Kathy Kane faked her death anyway.

D'oh, forgot my image.

Honestly? Idiot may be too harsh a word, but "casual" doesn't sound any less harsh here. I don't care WHOSE "canon" it's "about", "major revelations" in a Crisis never impact the main book(s) until AFTER the Crisis is over, and even then they're just as likely to be glossed over - Morrison wrote Batman as disappearing in a helicopter crash at the end of RIP, not because it was necessary to lead into Final Crisis, but so that you could keep reading Batman WITHOUT reading Final Crisis and still understand the gist of "Batman is gone and presumed dead".

>Johns
>finishing a plot point

tippity top kek

I wonder if they'll ever make a full story out of things like these
The Best stories never written.

You are autistic. DC's putting Batman in every single product they make and disliking that makes you a hipster? DC is an enormous universe with a lot of characters, getting tired of bat-shit in everything is not enough to be considered a hipster.

Whatever you say, hipster.

Nope, snyder said he is doing a joker story in all star batman next year. And since he actually knows what geoff is doing with the 3 jokers, that's the best chance of finding something new out.

anyone remember that pirate guy or that parademons story they were building up? lol

not to mention all that pandora buildup to absolutely fucking nothing

remember this? geoff johns doesnt!

Who cares? His entire Batman run has been subpar, what would have made this any different?

We can't lose hope, user

I'm convinced he just can't write action. The worst part of Vision was undoubtedly the fight scene and now this series has been pretty lukewarm.

J'onn erased this from everyone mind when he went legit