That unmade Dark Crystal sequel Genndy Tartakovsky was going to direct is being done as a 12 issue comic book series...

That unmade Dark Crystal sequel Genndy Tartakovsky was going to direct is being done as a 12 issue comic book series starting February

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-crystal-sequel-finally-coming-life-thanks-comic-book-series-949591

>The 12-issue series, titled The Power of the Dark Crystal will be adapted by British writer Si Spurrier from an unproduced screenplay by David Odell, Annette Odell and Craig Pearce, with art by Kelly and Nichole Matthews. The cover for the first issue comes from the Eisner Award-winning Jae Lee, with colors by June Chung.

>The series is set decades after events of 1982's The Dark Crystal, with Jen and Kira distracted by the pressures of ruling Thra and no longer in touch with the needs of the people — which provokes a Fireling called Thurma to set out to steal a shard of the Dark Crystal with which she intends to restore power to her realm. Unfortunately, that mission might also restore the Skeksis, as well…

Other urls found in this thread:

darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RudzOqb-fRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping with storyboard from Genndy's version back in the day.

You had me at Spurrier.

>now it will never be made
I fucking hate the concept of production hell

Problem is the Jim Henson Company was never able to secure a distributor willing to back puppetry focused films and without the Muppets, they lack the engine that drove the whole company forward.

They should have just had Disney buy out the whole company. They might not have been able to do the more adult skewing stuff like Puppet Up or whatever, but they'd at least have the resources to do more Creature Shop shit. We could have had Dark Crystal 2 as well as Fraggle and Farscape movies by now if they had done that and the Muppets probably wouldn't be as aimlessly drifting as they are now.

dark crystal was my shit

>that mission might also restore the Skeksis

Didn't they leave the planet after merging with the Mystics?

Fuck, this explains so much.

>Spurrier

I'm in

First He man/Thundercats, now this. I am fucking stoked.

Wonder if the Legends of the Dark Crystal manga will be referenced.

It's officially in continuity, but I doubt it'll be referenced considering how far ahead it is.

Going off the official website the Jim Henson Company set up to provide a resource for their Author Hunt contest they held to find an author for another prequel novel, pretty much every major spinoff of the movie is canon

darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php

Far ahead the new comic is I mean.

>Legends
I remember really liking the first volume, and being incredibly frustrated at how impossible it is to find the second. Was it ever released in retail?

It was, but I think it was just before TokyoPop went bellyup for a while.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RudzOqb-fRc

Was the story finished, actually?

Spurier does not excite me. All I've read is his crossed stuff and me issue of Spire.
Crossed writers are forever tainted.

I was really annoyed that the prequel comic that cameo out recently didn't include the gelfling genocide

I mean, what's the point then

It was, but if I recall correctly, it was slightly compressed because they originally planned for that series to be three volumes rather then two.

But user

The Creature shop is working on an upcoming movie right now.

The Five Nights at Freddy's movie.

Hmmm probably why I wasn't sure, too.