You've come to DIE

Is there a good stream of this yet?

MY FUCKING GOD, LOOK AT IT! WERE THEY ON DRUGS?

Woops, sorry. I accidently sprayed this EVERYWHERE.

Alright, you can flame on now

>Dr Strange
>Drugs
What do you think user?

>BURN TO CINDERS, CHAOTIC FLAME!

What did he mean by this?

>No. I came back to stop you

Movie Cucks don't know about first appearances.

>not insulting my imagination
Come on user, you know how it goes.

Dormammu! I've co.....

Would have lost some impact if he wore orange and green spandex.

Not everything translates well into modern aesthetics 1:1...

Agreed, Should have gone with his modern aesthetic

now that you post it, I can actually kinda see the similarities in the movie

Sup Forums seems pissy about his look, but my only issue was that they gave him pupils. It humanizes him way too much and takes some of the threat away.

>Sup Forums seems pissy about his look
other than one literal Sup Forums cross-thread, most of Sup Forums seems to be fine with it cause he actually had a face instead of ambiguous face-shaped cloud

The modern aesthetic is generic and made more demon-like for comic "mainstream" appeal, same with the Dark dimension which, the last couple times I've seen it in comics, looks like a generic hellscape. I'm glad the filmmakers were brave enough to deliver on Kirby's aesthetic and the mind bending weirdness of his alternate realms.

I think it's funny now that it's flipped, comic fans are finding themselves defending a more bland safe appearance while movie fans have been exposed to much more pure Doctor Strange weirdness.

I'd be okay with them deviating from the comics, but I don't think the design they went with was very good. It just looked kind of awkward and un-threatening. I do think taking away the pupils would have helped though.

curious to see what the concept art for Dormammu is going to look like when it gets released

hopefully none are as bad as Ultrons

They made him look to material and solid. Here Dormammu's head, at least, manages to look wraith-like and made of Energy. seems like sculpted in wet sand.

I LOVED the Dark Dimension as portrayed in the film, but wasn't a fan of Pulsating Grimace.

Dormammu is omnipotent within the Dark Dimension and often morphs between his physical form upon his throne and a massive abstract face super imposed upon space.

He's also meant to be absurdly egotistical in a patronizing way, treating his interactions with Dr. Strange as an amusement only to be engaged with ironically as an opportunity to lord his immense power over him and demonstrate his superiority in a mocking, condescending fashion.

It's this mentality that allows Dr. Strange to find some means to subvert and outwit Dormammu in decisive moments.

>Grimace
No resemblance besides the color.

>on Kirby's aesthetic

Your Ditko-Fu is weak

>POWER OF THE- POWER OF THE- POWER OF THE

Shuma Gorath in the next movie?

I'm doubtful

It's not like Strange has any other notable villains.

>OOGA BOOGA MAGIC MAN

Most people complaining haven't even read a comic with him.

He jobs harder than Thanos.

>Kirby's aesthetic
I've brought shame upon my family

>WELCOME TO DIE

i-i know that line...

Bane?

Dormammu was basically pic related in this movie

It sounds like they're wanting to use Nightmare which would be interesting but still no Shuma.
This. As much as I wanted him to be a flaming head before I saw the movie his appearance in the MCU fits more with what he is as being one with the Dark Dimension. Surtur coming from Muspelheim will make more sense as a fire demon in Ragnarok, and they also probably didn't want two fire demon bad guys in movies released within almost a year of one another.

>That's 90%. Welcome to the Dark Dimension, nigga.

Yes ditko was on drugs.

Most people recognize the Version of Dormammu from MvC3, this version of him is more in line with the original that Ditko penned back in the 70s.

While not a Doctor Strange fan from to long ago I got in to him because of his run ins with GhostRider. His comics are super tripy and where based on the 70s drug scene along with the tripy hippy crap.

Why did they have to make him so enormous? That's the size Eternity should be, not Dormammu.

Ok one, Dormammu's size has always varied, and two, Eternity is a hell of a lot bigger than that

I haven't seen it yet; do we actually see Kirby Crackle?

>Ok one, Dormammu's size has always varied

He's never been even remotely that big.

>Shuma Gorath
If Del Toro and Barlowe are handling it, Fuck Yes. It'd be the perfect "Fuck You!" for having to give up on At the Mountains of Madness.

Oh really?

I made a mistake, I meant Ditko.
No Kirby crackle, but you do see Ditko's wild other-dimensional weirdness.

I thought the story goes that Ditko didn't do any drugs. He just really liked art style and Stan wouldn't let him use it on Spidey because of the implications.

Doesn't he occasionally have 4 eyes too?

I recall seeing him in what looks like a 90's appearance with 4 eyes.

Kirby didn't draw it of course, but I'd still consider it part of his aesthetic.

Ditko didn't, but I'm sure Steve Englehart did.

Fuck you

My problem is the pupils. Things are a lot more scary and intimidating if you can't tell where it's looking.

That's mean user-kun

You freak. Wanna see a magic trick?

Here is your ass, and here's my DICK

?