So, is it safe to say that Dr. Strange takes place before the events of TWS and the after credit scene in Dr...

So, is it safe to say that Dr. Strange takes place before the events of TWS and the after credit scene in Dr. Strange happens after CW?
Why would Thor be looking for Odin if Loki was possing as him?
>MCU General i guess, fuck ComicBookCast.
>inb4 kek quip quip quip sjw numale drones
>DCEU bros try to keep it civil

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/doctor_strange/kevin-feige-explains-the-doctor-strange-easter-egg-in-captain-a145477
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DOCTOR STRANGE takes place after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. Strange was on Hydra's watchlist because he was a wealthy, respected and opinated world-class neurosurgeon who would inexorably oppose Hydra's rule.

The mid-credits scene is a scene straight from the middle section of THOR: RAGNAROK, taking place roughly one year after DOCTOR STRANGE.

But then why not kill all the wealthy, respected and opinated doctors?

because the MCU is poorly planned and poorly written.

>the MCU is poorly planned because of my own theory that no one has confirmed

No, holy fuck. Before the car accident when Strange is getting ready an award dated 2016 FILLS THE ENTIRE SCREEN, YOU CAN'T MISS IT. I don't like that they did it this way, but there's no changing it.
Also unless it's a flashback, the MCU takes place in real-time.

You are now in charge of introducing the X-Men into the MCU after the second Infinity War movie, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man are dead.
How would you do it?

>Strange was on Hydra's watchlist because he was a wealthy, respected and opinated world-class neurosurgeon who would inexorably oppose Hydra's rule.

>muh headcanon
You don't have any in-movie proof. Why would some doctor be on Hydra's list? Just admit that this is a plot hole.

Cosmic waves hit the earth during the Thanos fight, which unlocks the mutant gene.
This is already the plan, not that I would know.

Maybe TWS and CW take place after Dr. Strange.
It just seems so random that Hydra would want to kill a Dr. simply because he was really good at been a Dr., why not kill Dr. Cuck that took Strange's place at the hospital he worked at?
I mean i know its fucking retarded, but it could make a bit of sense to continuity fags, they may never acknowledge it during in the main MCU because Disney wouldnt want audiences to feel confused but it could work.

I had this entire retarded idea of Xavier and Jean mindwipping the world day and night with Cerebro for years making them all forget anything that could be mutant related, but your idea may be what they're going with in the end.
Would make it hard to explain MCU Wolverine tho.

There's no reason to believe that Steven Strange wouldn't be on the list pre-sorcery, the program could have easily deducted that he wouldn't play ball with their goals for other reasons, just like the millions of other non-superheroes they were going to genocide

And overall it worked as a nice little nod.

>So, is it safe to say that Dr. Strange takes place before the events of TWS and the after credit scene in Dr. Strange happens after CW?
No. They confirmed long before Doctor Strange came out and after the fact that Zola's algorithm picked up on him does not mean that he was a sorcerer already. He was mentioned by name because before he lot everything, he was already a well known neurosurgeon. The fact that Zola's algorithm picked up on his personality profile was a factor of how good it was at predicting the sort of people who were likely to become threats. If it was because he was already a sorcerer, they would need a much more serious contingency to remove the guy than Project Insight.

You are actually just a sperg. There were all sorts of people on the kill list. It was a really long list.

>It just seems so random that Hydra would want to kill a Dr. simply because he was really good at been a Dr.
You do realize the program was going to kill millions of people at a time right? The fact that he was famous was why he was mentioned by name. Tons of other citizens would have been killed too.

Well, there goes that theory, in my opinion it could've been interesting tho.
I remember it been long, it just seemed random to me thats it.
Its comic books bro, its just fun stuff to think about, James Gunn said nobody's found his biggest Easter Egg on GoTG yet.

Keep him in the backburner for a while to focus on other mutants, then later maybe explain it away with a previous cosmic event or something.

Actually, erase the whole mutant thing from Wolverine and just make him another government experiment.

Also, how would you guys explain the Eye Of Agamotto been in Odin's vault and then been on whenever it was on Dr. Strange?
I remember at the end of Thor tDW a couple asgardians saying something like: "its not wise to keep two Infinity stones close".

Kevin Feige himself said it.

Plus, as Sitwell explained, Zola's algorithm targets high-profile people whose influence could spark unrest against HYDRA. Their targets included a random human politician, a random TV reporter and even a random high school valedictorian.

They're literally making it all up as they go along. None of this is pre-planned.

That's not the Eye of Agamotto, it's the Warlock's Eye, a different relic.

This is interesting. Do you have a link? Was it in an interview or what?

Of course not, most MCU writers are hacks trying to sell kids toys, but its no different than Stephen Universe fags having theorys about rebellion and stuff.

If thats the case then there's still another Infinity stone in Odin's vault i guess, i remember the Aether been one.

Who says they aren't?

Maybe the final battle, but before that, the crash and his surgeries had to take place years before the events of Civil War.

This could also be the case, the movie felt like it took place during a couple weeks but i consider that a pacing issue more than anything.

>Steven Strange
>Steven Universe

Coincidence?

Honestly i just brought it up because i saw a thread about someone trying to BTFO SU's fans because someone involved in the show said it was "comfy".

The Aether is on Knowhere with the Collector. The only Infinity Stone on Asgard is the Space Stone.

>but before that, the crash and his surgeries had to take place years before the events of Civil War.
Did you miss the awards dated 2016 when he was still a respected surgeon in the opening of the movie?

Weren't they reffering to the Tesseract and the Aether?

Yes.

He has an award dated 2016 before his accident.

I DUNNO? MAYBE WAIT FOR THOR 3 TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENS?

Did you miss the part where they offer a case for him of an Airforce Colonel using an experimental exoskeleton fell and had vertebrae fracture?
That's an obvious reference to Rhodes

ITT: retarded hipsters and underages who can't read because all they can do is parrot ignorant youtubers

has it right.

the movie said 35 year old marine colonel in EXPERIMENTAL armor

>Don Cheadle is too old to be playing a 35 year old
>War Machine has been around since Iron Man 2 now, not experimental armor

Derrickson already said it's not Rhodes or the poor guy from IM2

Except Rhodes is visibly older than 35, doesn't pilot an experimental suit, and is higher in rank than a Colonel.

It's not Rhodes.

In the earlier drafts it was supposed to be, but they changed it. It's just some other jackoff.

What the fuck is TWS?

The Winter Soldier. Captain America 2.

Who says they weren't going too? The guy only listed off a few people to cap, not Lake he had a phone book on him

Except it was a Marine Colonel and Rhodes is an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel

Actually, it is an Air Force Colonel. Rewatch the movie. It's still not Rhodey, but the guy on the phone did say Air Force.

>"He is very well-known as a surgeon," Feige said "He has got various awards and plaques you're going to see over there; he attends various galas, might be driving at one point in this movie. He has name recognition and a talent and certain Hydra computers identified him as somebody that could cause trouble for their agendas."

comicbookmovie.com/doctor_strange/kevin-feige-explains-the-doctor-strange-easter-egg-in-captain-a145477

How did this go over so many peoples heads. Sitwell LITERALLY says in that SAME scene that Hydra created an algorithm that compiled all the information of an individual(birth records, bank records, test scores etc) to deduce if he/she might be a threat to Hydra in the future. Why do you think they were going to scratch off so many normies that the end?

Fucking autistic idiots.

Thanks buddy. You think that was just made up as damage control? They could've answered it before the movie was made if that's what they were going for.

What an edgy smart user, i assume you've had many gfs during your 14 years of lifetime on this earth.

I definitely saw that mentioned before the movie came out.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that this line was literally just fanservice, and not meant to be plot important?

The guy is just throwing out names, his point was "Hydra will target anyone they think might be a threat" not "These specific people are the ones we will kill". Including Strange in the dialogue was just to hype up fans, you could just as easily say the guy was making up a name and he'd never actually heard of him.

I like how its been mentioned several times in the thread that its just nerds thinking about comic book related stuff but Anons still feel the need to make them feel like they're dumb for overthinking a line in a comic book movie.
Never change Sup Forums.

We've had this same fucking thread hundreds of times since the movie came out.

Am i suppose to browse Sup Forums daily just to see wich MCU threads dont devolve into "kek trash, marveldrone, shit movie etc"?
You could've just hid the thread and move on with your life user.

Why kill him if there is a chance they can make him understand their ways and bring him into the fold as a leader in Hydra's surgical division. Do you even evil empire bro?

>Eye Of Agamotto
That's the Warlock's Eye. We've known that for years.

Yes, it's implied that After Thor took Loki back to Asgard, they put the Tesseract back in Odin's Treasure room. Which means as of now, Loki likely controls it.

Strange had medical awards for 2016 in his office before the accident.

>Why kill him if there is a chance they can make him understand their ways and bring him into the fold as a leader in Hydra's surgical division. Do you even evil empire bro?
The whole POINT of the Algorithm is to identify those they CAN'T convert. Strange was destined to oppose Hydra with or without powers.