/trek/

The slow decline of Trek series edition

Other urls found in this thread:

trekcore.com/blog/2017/09/klingon-sarcophagus-ship-secrets-revealed-in-new-star-trek-discovery-producer-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=QC6jkfJb7oI#t=4m19s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is a graph of the Berman Function

Even my grandfather watched trek I don't think it will go anywhere.

Too bad we'll only have Nielsen ratings for discovery episode 1. Their ratings would be atrocious for episodes 2 onward.

why was O'Brien so racist

He was redpilled and fought in a war against the cardies.

If Peter Capaldi had been Capt. Sisko, would that mean Avery Brooks would have been Dr Who?

>Virtuoso

What the fuck, why is Janeway such a monumental cunt to the Doctor, treating him like a talking tricorder?

Imagine being Miles O'Brien on that station and having to be all like "damn, Deep Space 9, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your dull grey corridors and horrific architecture. I would totally perform maintenance on you, both my mirror universe counterpart and the real me." when all he really wants to do is serve on Starfleet's flagship in the transporter room. Like seriously imagine having to be O'Brien and not only work overtime while Deep Space 9 flaunts its disgusting consoles in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the poor cable management and rusty flux capacitors, and just sit there, day after day, hour after hour, while it breaks down even further. Not only having to tolerate the monstrous fucking promenade but its good reputation as everyone on station says its STILL GOT IT and DAMN, DEEP SPACE 9 LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch its self-sealing stem bolts contort into types of trash you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been maintaining nothing but a healthy diet of transporters and flagships and later alleged cloaking devices for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies on Earth. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the rust that's breaking out on its dented hull as it is sucked in by the vacuum of space, your colleagues smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in its "statuesque (for that is what they call it)" beauty, the beauty the Cardassians worked so hard for with Bajoran slave workers in the previous years. And then the commander calls for another maintenance check, and you know you could kill every single person on this station before Odo could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking O'Brien. You're not going to lose your future Starfleet Academy career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>Capaldi is Sisko
>Jake is still played by a black actor
:^)

>blocks your path

>Rapes you

vulcans are cute

> this thread is a fucking case in point of why generals suck so fucking hard

>tfw no fat Riker bf to feed and to cuddle

Please

How come if the universal translator is always in effect, Data is the only person who supposedly can't speak using contractions. Is his language not also being translated to all other crew members / species into languages which don't have contractions?

Be grateful contractions are his only vocal tic, Gene wanted him to say "beep-boop" whenever he finished speaking

>Data will never have saying "Fampai" at the end of his sentience as his verbal tick
beep-boop

>*terminates my career*

*blocks your path*

Bigger question is why is it whenever some speaks Klingon the UT never translates that shit. Any episode you hear them screaming "Qapla" or "lok'tar ogar" and it's never translated.

>new Klingon Bird of Prey looks like the Romulan Republic symbol from STO

is that a pre-TOS Miranda on the right?

Star Trek fighting game when?

Even bigger question is why is it whenever an alien speaks their lips move as though they are speaking English?

why does only one Klingon ship look remotely like the ships the Klingons were using on TOS and Enterprise

the trump curse is real

just turn your brain off, man

>docs your crew

I honestly think that's a Romulan fleet.

nope.

>saves your show

Looks like a final fantasy boss

>The Trump Ship

it looks like a space cathedral
are the bad klingons going to be religious zealots?

yes.

trekcore.com/blog/2017/09/klingon-sarcophagus-ship-secrets-revealed-in-new-star-trek-discovery-producer-interview/

>It’s a 200-year-old ship. This is a group of Klingons who’ve gone back to a puritan way of life. They look very different: they wear armor that’s 200 years old and they don’t have any hair.

>Their commander [T’Kuvma, played by Chris Obi] runs his Klingon house – the house of T’Kuvma – by the rules of Kahless, the Klingon messiah. And he calls himself the second coming of the Klingon messiah.

>In the past, Klingons have not really cared about their dead – they’re not like marines. But these Klingons are. The outside of the ship is covered in thousands of coffins. Some are 300 years old, some are just two days old.

>Downstairs is the death room, where they prepare their dead; then the coffins get raised up and put on the outside.

>we killed 82 civilians that night
>no one was left alive

t. Chakotay

so was Chakotay guilty of mansplaining (which is NOT going to happen to our STD Queen YASSS)
or is it just Maquisplaining where he is reminding Janeway of her white privilege?

sounds fucking retarded. i bet it was Kurzmans idea.

>In the past, Klingons have not really cared about their dead

Are you kidding me?

not the bodies, just the souls. the souls are a big deal. the corpses are only important for their buddies to gather around and yell up at the camera.

The Federation has a longstanding bias against AIs.

yes, creator said they wanted the klingons to be representative of what they think trump supporters are.

I blame M-5

So /trek/, who's the best side character in Voyager and why is it the Clown

Which ep?

He's had a taste of fame and he got up himself, like any child or AI in its mid-stage of development might do

*blocks your path*

no contest

youtube.com/watch?v=QC6jkfJb7oI#t=4m19s

Fucking harrowing ending

>i knooooooooooooooooow

For fucks sake Janeway, you scary motherfucker

*eats your replicator rations*

Based Michael McKean as well. Just watched this episode on my run through the series and it's one of my favourites, even though I didn't like it as a kid
Fucking clowns man

Damn, excellent recall on this user.
A promotion is in order for you, crewmen Blythe.

Pavel, when the plane fell.

Alliances. He was trying to convince Janeway that following Starfleet regulations no longer made sense.

I don't think white privilege is equivalent to Federation privilege, I know it's full of pretty white people but it's not all honkies

>Computer, generate 1.4 tons of butter
>Disable safety protocols

>Computer, generate the 20th century Earth restaurant Red Lobster
>The only other person there is Counselor Troi
>Make her breasts 200% bigger
>She wants nothing more than to hand feed me an endless supply of Cheddar Bay biscuits
>Increase belt strength to maximum
>On second thought, computer, forgo the belt altogether
>Disengage safety protocols

right, i was being ironic. i don't think he was mansplaining.

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAAAAAAAP

Federation is RAYCIS

The Klingons are Trump supporters tho

>so much for the tolerant Federation

Are they going to be mummies like in Star Trek 4?

They also did an irish wake for Muniz, so maybe that's part of it

whats funny to me is he is played by a white dude. i mean wtf are they thinking?

BASED KLING MAN

*blocks your paradise*

Are they purple to avoid offending black people, like Jynx in Pokemon?

right, it's their way of telling them they are acting like niggers.

Agree

I would laugh my ass off of the first season got cancelled.

>YOU WILL NOT REPLACE US!
>get replaced by these guys and then Worfs

are TOS Klingons Jewish Klingons? what did they mean by this?

Why are evolved, sophisticated Starfleet officers enjoying blood sports like Tsunkatse

Eddington did nothing wrong.

Except betray his oath as a Starfleet officer, attack civilians and get himself killed for the sake of his pride

They could have transferred fear to the holodeck and he would have be a recurring character but no.
>episode where Janeway uses fear as a interrogation tool.

>it's okay when SIsko betrays his oath tho

>Voyager rips off IT

>playing voyager
>have it on in the background, not really watching
>hear Weyoun's voice
>u wot m8.jpg
>go back to video
>Jeffrey Combs playing another fucking alien
>hear Martok's voice
>J G Hertzler playing another alien
>U FUCKIN WOT M8.WEBM

Goddamn, this fucking episode

That was weird, weren't they even like "hey guys look Sevens down there fighting"

I never said that. They were both cunts, but Sisko had leverage as the Emissary

What I thought was funniest about that was a Voth chilling in the audience.

that was the teaser

basically just all turned to each other and didn't say anything

>Neelix gets sunburnt
>uses ointment
>gets even worse

This shit is insane

Tsunkatse reminds me of a game I had as a little kid called Smash TV. Where the premise of the game is you're some futuristic warrior in some techno-fortress murdering thousands of people to win prizes like a toaster or a new VCR

Well I'm ready to die, how about you?

>it's an "these aliens we just met have the exact same ships as a dozen other races" episode

>We refuse to move to another planet! Our farms are here! We'll starve without the food we've farmed!
>Btw we also refuse to eat replicated food lol.
How many people died because Eddington was a snob?

>Be Extra on Voyager
>Smoking inbetween takes
>Have to go take a piss
>As I'm walking the corridor, hear yelling
>Listening to Berman verbally abuse Garrett for getting on Most Beautiful People list of some kind
>He said something along the lines of how he can't fire his fucking chink ass now and has to fire his old lay

Man Voyager was spooky

And that game was based off of the running man that was loosely based of of a short story of the same name by a author named Richard bachman that was a pen name for a writer name Stephen King who wrote IT that is a movie out right now of the same name.

>Martok the Hirogen

>show about the future
>everything after VOY has gone backwards in time
>they've only really explored one galaxy not the universe

>Why was O'Brien so racist?
>Why were the Bajorans so racist?
>Why were the Maquis so racist?
>Why is anyone who has to interact with Cardassians in any sort of sustained capacity racist?

Get ready for Star Trek Apollo

Cardies are based

>mfw Star Trek Cannon 2 the moon

Destiny 2 DLC looks great.