Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yW_7FzbYsEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she wouldn't do deepthroat or anal

dullest franchise

"No!"

Because when he proposed she said "No!"

Genuinely because Rowling had to do damage control for writing such cliche set that became the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Because HarryxGinny + RonxHermione allowed all main characters to become one big happy family.

she had a gross vagina and no amount of magic would fix it

Why didnt Harry use herminone to fly the ring into mordor?

I don't care about your reasons, if you leave the image out you may as well not fucking post it

1/10

She was a feminist nut job.

This. She was hufflepuffed too many times.

>namefag
>no image
>changing the whole first paragraph and not just the first sentence
this is like the anti-pasta

>Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione?
He saw her as a sister and wanted Ron's sister whom he got with eventually.

Does this mean he was really in love with Ron and got with Ginny because it was the closest he could get to breeding Ron?

Well, Harry had yellow fever so he settle for a ginger.

Was this series of movies considered kafkaesque?

Harry fucked:
>The french girl
>The asian girl
>The ghost girl
>The weirdo girl that went from okay to witch face in the span of two movies
>Ron's sister

meanwhile
Ron fucked:
>Hermione

based alpha harry

asians with british accents are like space aliens

Actual correct answer: Hermione is Rowling's self-insert and Ron is the one she wanted for herself.

It's because it's easier for them to migrate to Aus compared to the UK

I'm convinced Rowling did it to bait her angry fans into writing a million fanfics about the two getting together, which rowling has enjoyed reading over the years in her billion dollar mansion.

Also Ron had that other girl that got raped by a werewolf

she is annoying as fuck. just imagine dating her. you'd be done with her after a couple of dates.

It's pretty much spelled out in the books she's like his sister and he had yellow fever at the time before he started wanting to fuck Ron's sister. Kind of ironic though considering he was trying to convince himself at first he just saw Ginny as a sister IIRC.

harry always relied on his friends so I think it's pretty good that rowling didn't degrade ron to a completely unimportant sidekick at the end
the constellation with ginny/harry and hermione/ron also makes it more of a big family, which is a pretty comfy thought tbph

Because Ron needed more to do in the story. He was always the weakest link.

Why didn't some adult "nerd" with peter pan syndrome developed from consuming this product not write this series instead?

they fucked themselves from the start, marketing it as 'for kids', while still trying to make it 'dark'. the 4th movie onwards should've been rated R.

I wish she actually wrote more extensively about Draco and his wife. Seemed sweet but tragic. Then again, she hates Draco just because he made fangirl panties wet. She's so petty.

>give him a sympathetic marriage story
>kills his wife just because Draco can't ever be happy for long

Seriously fuck Rowling.

>when Buckbeak was killed
>Hermione chose Ron's shoulder to hug
>THEN Harry hug Hermione
This scene always seemed gay to me

Hermoine was Rowling's self-insert and Ron was based on a friend that she'd liked. She'd always intended for them to end up together since the beginning of the series as a kind of wish-fulfillment, so it was always a forgone conclusion to her whether or not they'd end up together - even if, as the series progressed, it might've made more sense not to have gone that way.

I think the idea was that, with Harry marrying Ron's sister and Ron marrying Hermoine, Harry would be part of this big extended family full of people he loved, which is what he always wanted, but Ginny was such a boring non-entity that it felt pretty contrived and who really fucking cared anyway? Should've loved Luna good instead.

that's the position in which they usually double team her
harry doesn't mind some mud on his wand if you catch my drift

well, Rowling didn't actually write the >8th book, it was some two even bigger hacks than her. But I do agree we should've known more about Draco's family life, it was fucking bullshit to kill her off for no reason at all just to have some drama I already forgot about.

When did she kill Draco's wife?

>she wouldn't do deepthroat
What are you talking about? Haven't you listened to the audio books?
youtube.com/watch?v=yW_7FzbYsEI

That scene made Harry look doubly girlish

Friendzoned...

He was ugly.

>just imagine dating her
I do this literally every night ;_;

>Ginny was such a boring non-entity
She really fucking was, both in the books and the films. Rowling likely planned for Harry and Ginny to end up together from the start but she did a rubbish job at making the character appealing or interesting in any way.

Kek the biggest number of fics of Hermione with someone else besides Ron and Harry is with Draco. Fangirls love the whole redeeming a hateful character with the power of love.

>Harry fucked:
>>The french girl
>>The asian girl
>>The ghost girl
>>The weirdo girl that went from okay to witch face in the span of two movies
Where are you getting this from?

Hermione was initially into Harry but as they grew and she became taller and he remained short her interest wained. Manlets eternally BTFO.

FUCK ROWLING

At the beginning of HBP, Harry spends pretty much all summer at the Wesley house, and is around Ginny most of the time, doing things like playing quidditch. Rowling set up a scenario in which Harry spends all that time around her and catches feelings without realizing it, which is pretty believable. The problem is, the book is about the school year, so all of that development had to get seriously condensed, and it ends up seeming like it comes out of nowhere if you don't connect the dots.

>having to choose between a manlet or a manchild
Hermione's struggle suddenly makes sense.

I rewatched the second to last movie yesterday on TV and just realized the guy with the crazy eye had died off camera. When I first watched the movie i wasn't even aware he was gone after that scene with the dementors chasing them

>Rowling didn't make Draco a grill and have hatesex with Harry

He was white.

He was dull

because its shit

glad someone remembers the proper image

Because it was obviously meant to be her and Ron from the very first book and her getting with Hardy would have made so sense whatsoever.

>citizen bane

>watch the harry potter series
>it sticks with you
>watch the other movies
>forget them quickly

It's pretty hilarious how much of a Mary Sue she turned Ginny into in order to compensate for the fact that there was literally no reason for her and Harry to be interested in each other. She goes from bland side character to SHE'S LIKE THE HOTTEST GIRL EVER AND THE BEST AT MAGIC AND FIGHTING AND SHE'S A STAR QUIDDITCH PLAYER AND SHE'S TOUGH AND FEISTY TOO

you're probably a pedo

Tsundere is an art form beyond the reach of HP series

It's only really in HBP that Harry even starts to notice Ginny as a girl, instead of another Weasley/friend. He showed no romantic interest in her at all in the first five books. Then he sees a lot more of her one summer and suddenly love potions (which smell different to everybody, according to what attracts them) smell like The Burrow and Ginny's hair, and we get really weird passages about Harry's "raging beast" whenever he thinks about Ginny.

People tend to misuse the term Mary Sue a lot, but it's actually the perfect term for Ginny. You're completely right, she did nothing special for five books and suddenly she's one of the best Quidditch players in the school, she's so good at hexes and jinxes that Slughorn gets her into his secret club (which is normally reserved for relatives of famous people, so Ginny getting in because Slughorn saw her perform a spell is a HUGE exception), and she's dating five guys in the span of about a year because she's amazingly popular and attractive.

It really felt like Rowling arrived at book 6 and suddenly remembered she only had two books to somehow get Harry and Ginny together so she completely changed Ginny's character into the ultimate Mary Sue who can do no wrong.

Didn't she have info on her on her website or something though? I don't really remember, but Draco really got shit on in a way. She like gave him happiness just to talk it away and be all bittersweet unnecessarily.

Well she dies in that play thing because of some dumb curse. Draco was willing to let the Malfoy name die so his wife wouldn't (having a child was risky for her health) but she wanted to leave someone behind for him so he wouldn't be lonely when she died so they had one anyway. She dies when their son is like 12 or something.

>being this angry about children/ya fiction

Weirdly enough, I actually wanted Harry senpai to notice Ginny when she was younger but Rowling killed it for me when she turned her into a Mary Sue. Fuck, even that weepy bitch Cho was more interesting with him.

Falling for your best friend's sister when she gets hot and older isn't that unrealistic, but the Mary Sue shit made it seemed way forced and obnoxious.

I just don't get why Rowling wrote Draco with all the stereotypes of a rich bitch bully but made him male.
At first I thought it was because she was basing it too much off personal experience and couldn't write a male equivalent, but she pretty much nailed it with Riddle, despite how little limelight that part got.

Rowling doesn't watch anime you dumb weeb.

Japan didn't invent those stereotypes, dumbass.

draco should have been a girl and eventually ended up with harry

the ginny thing never made sense

I wonder about that. At the moment I can't think of that many examples but I remember thinking that a lot of stuff in HP seemed to be influenced by certain anime, or anime tropes.

One that springs to mind is the fights between Harry and Voldemort, where their wands connect in a laser beam and there's a ball of energy in the middle and they both try their hardest to push it forwards towards their opponent. That shit is straight out of Gohan VS Cell in DBZ.

>avatar

end your life

Tsundere can work with male characters.
Riddle, Dumbledore and Snaps were openly gay triangle so Rowling can let the tsundere thing come to its natural conclusion

Malfoy is based on the same prototype of BL comedy but his screen time had to be shared with Harry's heterosexual love interest.

>At the moment I can't think of that many examples
hey now

n-nani?!

Male and females can be bitchy rich cunts weebtrash, it's only anime that really push the female oujo staple fuck off already.

yaoi fangirls are the worst. Keep your delusions to bumblr please.

>Male and females can be bitchy rich cunts
One can get taken seriously. The other looks like a little bitch.
> it's only anime that really push the female oujo staple fuck off already.
What the fuck does that even mean? I don't watch your chinese cartoons

he likes firecrotch

I know, it's not much of an argument. Years ago I used to be into anime/JRPGs a lot and I remember seeing many similarities, but they could just be universal tropes.

Stuff like the school setting, all the teachers being really awesome and powerful, the leader (headmaster in this case) being a frail-looking old dude who is actually the most powerful of everyone in the story. It's basic shounen stuff.
Not saying Rowling's a huge anime fan who got her inspiration for HP from watching anime, just saying there's some similarities, but again, those tropes could be universal.

You could make a much better case for Rowling being inspired by Tolkien's work.

You forgot the part that the rich bitchy character actually loves the MC but cannot express him/herself

I wouldn't say the books and the movies were unaware of this though. The homosexual tension between Malfoy and Harry were obvious

Because JK fucked up, we all know this.

It was set up from the beginning that he would end up with Ginny. If you thought Harry and Hermione were gonna be a thing, Rowling successfully meme'd you.

Best Emma has truly aged like wine

Stop if you imply that HP was influenced by anime they will eat you alive

All purebloods are inbred to some degree so what's wrong with H/H and then Ron+Ginny?

No they weren't. Retards who think interaction = flirting don't even realize they weren't being baited, and that they are just desperate retarded faggy crack shippers.

They tried to kill each other.

Actually the totally incorrect answer;

Word of God is it was because Ginny is Rowling's self-insert and she wanted her to get with the MC.

>choose your child actor, set to star in 8 films over the span of 10 years.
>your main star stops growing in the 3rd film

Was casting a manlet a part of their plan all along?

Did they stunt his growth for the part?

Well Harry was a bit of a manlet to start, so it fits

>avatar

would you say the "harry potter universe" is at least somewhat interesting?
I know its not constructed with a lot of depth, but at least the atmosphere is well done

>missing Citizen Bane

Because he's a beta male.

I never once for a moment thought Harry and Hermione would become a couple, and I grew up reading the books. Especially at the start, where I wasn't even thinking about future marriages of these 11-year-olds. But it was really obvious looking back that Ron and Hermione's constant bickering and clashing would lead to romance.

I think a lot of people who wanted Harry to be with Hermione were just self-inserting as Harry and had the hots for Hermione in the films.

did luvia and rin fucked?

It's a world that needed to be left with a degree of mystery, not have everything charted out.
That way the plot holes and inconsistencies appear as something to be wondered about, not hastily patched over and made even worse.

CITIZEN BANE, IT'S CITIZEN BANE!

>would you say the "harry potter universe" is at least somewhat interesting?
No. It's actually exceptionally shoddy worldbuilding, like the value of the galleons flailing widely from scene to scene within a single book sometimes, enchanted muggle items being everywhere but somehow also illegal, spells and magic items like the chimney teleport and time turner being introduced as mere plot coupons without any actual though going into how they would affect things in general, and most infamously the fact that Quidditch has rules that a nine-year-old can instantly identify as making no fucking sense at all.

It's all so badly wrought that it's unironically the worst trait of the series.

Fuck the good earth.