I like it. Why don't you?

I like it. Why don't you?

dishonest filmmaking

Too Lovecraftian for me desu. I'm more of a Kafka man.

What did Super 8 do wrong that Stranger Things and IT did right?

What happen to their careers after this movie? Will the same happen to the kids who starred in IT?

It was a snoozefest.

First half was good, then it just dragged on and the monster story wasn't very entertaining.

Sneed.

>Elle Fanning
Instant trash.

what did it do wrong?
also checked

When I first saw this in 2011 I really wanted to fuck the main kid. Based on that poster I'm wondering what I was thinking

Has an ET ending even though the alien is a piece of shit who has been murdering townsfolk

It had some pretty over the top action that was basically mind numbing when it was used with a bunch of little kids. The train scene in particular was just too egregious to be believable.

This. It didn't know what it wanted to be. It billed itself as a ln ET for the millennial generation, but it just turned out to be a shitty JJ movie

This.

Super 8 was an unapologetic 80s pastiche that made way more sense in 2011 as something that was somewhat original than it does now. 80s revivalism has saturated pop culture now and Stranger Things especially has made it clear it has nothing new to say.

I actually enjoyed it very much. the ending was a let down but everything up to that point was great

JJ is a true hack in every sense of the word, i remember thinking "what kid would actually like this movie" i could only imagine the most obnoxious, tasteless faggot possible(what is now referred to as reddit)

it's a reddit movie, a mish mash of already far too revisited 80s pop culture and spielberg-lite "homages" non stop with unlikable characters doing unlikable things for what feels like at least 3 hours

train crash scene is GREAT!

This. It was one of those good movies that you enjoy while you're watching it then instantly forget the minute you walk out of the theatre.

>Super 8
>IT
>The Goonies
>The Sandlot
>Heavy Weights
>Stranger Things
>Nightmare on Elm Street
>Now and Then
>Freaks and Geeks
>The Faculty

What are some other comfy coming of age movies about a group of foul-mouthed outcast kids who band together against bullies/monsters?

it is comfy

You forgot to turn your brain back on afterwards.

Stranger Things was shit. Drawn out shit at that. Are you a teenage girl?

logan

>monster kills innocent people
>like literally kills an innocent 5 minutes before the ending
>but in the end were suppose to feel good for the monster and treat it like a good guy
I mean I guess the train crash was cool.

Superb

Came too early
If Super 8 was released this year it would have road the late70s/80s nostalgia wave and been a hit. Unfortunately it was just a bit too ahead of its time.

Which begs the question what kicked off this whole 70s/80s meme? I want to say it was Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe It Follows too.

I saw it once when it was first released on dvd. Thought it was enjoyable. Most of the criticism I saw about it seemed unfair. Most of it blasted it for not having enough explained about the aliens, but that wasn't really what the movie was about

I just started downloading this film before I seen the thread

Just because he killed innocent people doesn't mean that we shouldn't feel bad for him getting captured and tortured only for "muh science".

Thought of another comfy one.

Huh that does somewhat fit. I'd more consider it that type of comfy if it was told from the kids perspective and we got to know them better. Laura was great but the others are kinda one-note. I specifically get comfy-triggered by the group of friends growing up together and learning that friendship conquers all. The ending of IT where they're all holding hands and blood-bonding legit made me cry, those are the moments I like a lot.

>J J Abrams
>Steven Spielberg

Another OP answers his own question with his pic.

It felt forced and was boring

Attack the Block

I agree with you.

Good one!

Also It Follows and Let the Right One In (sorta, though just following 2 kids rather than a group)

completely outdone by stranger things. now irrelevant

Utterly forgettable

That cop character reminds me so much of Barney from half life 2