Justify this. I dare you

A teenage genius wants to be an offshoot of Iron Man.

Literally Spider Man mixed with War Machine and Rescue.

Does it really need justification though? Marvel is trying something new. If it works (doubtful because Bendis) great. If it doesn't, it'll get cancelled. So what is the issue here exactly?

Better yet, justify this. This is casual racism at it's finest.

The reason it won't work is the same reason it won't get cancelled.

how is it?

(You)

why did people have to complain about her cool afro now she's got a boring haircut

>Literally Spider Man mixed with War Machine and Rescue.
how is she not mixed with iron man?

is it because she's black?

>So what is the issue here exactly?
how is "iron man, but black" new?
we already have that in war machine
how is "iron man, but a girl" new?
we've alrady haad that before too

when you go to lcs
you grab an iron man comic
are you buying it for iron man?
or for someone who isn't related to iron man at all but wants to be them?

Her original design is shit, but I like these newer ones they've put out.

But past that, you're like a know-nothing Sup Forums fag who thinks anyone actually cares about Iron Man comics. It's historically been a C-List book for decades and the movies have done little to raise the book's profile. It's exactly the kind of mid-list book that legacy heroes take over all the time.

This. The afro was cute. CUTE!

Because she was being drawn by Deodato and it looked atrocious.

It happened, therefore it's justified.

It's an Iron Man legacy character because since RDJ's performance the character has legs. No big deal.

Marvel's SOP:
Fans are complaining.
Would doing what they want make things better?

If yes, keep doing what you're doing, go fucking overboard with it in fact.

If no, do it. Do everything they want. Every tweeted demand and tumblr must be reacted to in your comic.

Not until I have someone justify Miles Morales.

if something looking like shit when deodato draws it was a good reason to get rid of something then you may as well erase all of reality

This is Sup Forumsmblr, deal with it

Was it during Infinity Gauntlet or Secret Wars (the OG one) in which Iron Man was Rhodes and no body knew?

I'm sorry, am I the only one distracted by the name"Riri"?

fuck practicality, bring back the afro

if iron man were practical the suit would be empty

Of course not, not everyone suffers from autism.

i would pay $50 for a blowjob from that iron man in hunts point

>If yes, keep doing what you're doing, go fucking overboard with it in fact.
this
>x-men kiddies get their comic book again
>get to see stories of all your teenybopper mutants
>no one likes quentin quire
>make him the center of every comic, the whole story revolves around him, no story even bothers to show those other mutants, just quire and his friends
>at the end put out a special issue showing how he didn't learn anything from those adventures

>people complain about not enough female superheroes
>literally replace every superhero with a female version or just tack one on for no reason

It's a traditional African-American name.

>Like Riri? What about:
>Emmary, Emmaly

Especially if you can't fucking spell.

But really it's just because she's loosely based off Rhianna.

You know a lot of the problems people have with these legacy characters could be fixed if we just had a damn time skip. 50 years in the future, have Miles, Riri, and whoever just running around after a majority of the avengers have either retired or died. Im just sick of how redundant they are right now

These are corporate creations that can be used as seen fit and published per the request or authority given by their owners.

Top kek

Never going to happen. They had 5 years to do that and we're all just tired of looking at him

So what is her origin?
Does she have an Uncle Ben, a Bucky; murdered parents; an ordeal in a cave; a gimp leg and a weak body meant to teach her humilty; or perhaps a strained relationship with a now deceased parent?
What does she have?

They want to make money off of brand recognition through the name/symbols associated with Iron Man but are simultaneously trying to keep the brand fresh instead of just churning out more Tony stories while being too chickenshit to just drop the brand and invest wholly in something new.

Unless if you mean specifically "why is this particular take on not-Iron-Man black and a girl", which doesn't really need any more justification than any other possible sex-ethnicity combination, including white dudes.

She's black, isn't that enough?

>Does she have an Uncle Ben,

>Marvel tries to be diverse and inclusive
>Hulks fight each other because of skin color.

No, BP has a full on origin with conflict and pathos.
This is part of why legacy characters fucking nearly always fail.

Student debt and a lot of free time.
>RIRI WILLIAMS BUILT THIS IN A DAMN DORM ROOM!

Top kek.

>Justify this. I dare you.
Marvel owns the characters, they can do whatever the fuck they want. You can criticize, you can choose not to support it, but they own all properties to characters and at the end of the day, they're creators and creators are always want to garner new faces.

It helps that one of them is an asshole who justifies his own prejudice with the fact that he is a jew and the kids he adopted.

I mean it's like that Milo Yiannopoulos cunt. If you take away the fact that they are 'part of X community or do X', what they say and do should be classified as prejudice

Neet!

Gotta lose that money, yo.

>I'll avenge you! Curse you Zatarain!!!

She said one day "I wanna be Iron Man" then stole a bunch of shit and threw together a suit in her Uni Dorm.

That's her origin.

wtf OP's picture looks way better
This looks like a sexually confused kid

Justify this. I dare you.

About the only thing I bought from Marvel in recent memory was Renew Your Vows

You shut the fuck up, everyone loves Bill

He justifies himself

>when you go to lcs
>you grab an iron man comic
>are you buying it for iron man?
You could be buying it because you just enjoy the stories. In which this case would be reasonable. You go for new and interesting stories. When it works, it works. We wouldn't have as many beloved characters in comics if creators didn't add new spins on certain characters or bring in new ones.

>or for someone who isn't related to iron man at all but wants to be them?

Again, you go to pick up comics in the first place. If the audience is feeling a bit adventurous they'd pick the new character's book up. Keep in mind this is how it always has been done.

Oh, gotcha.

"Ree ree" was a common insult when I was in highschool, because I am a dumb hillbilly.

Hey guys the 90s called

>board that constantly circlejerks about derivative characters
>gets mad when a company introduces a new one

yes

>She said one day "I wanna be Iron Man" then stole a bunch of shit and threw together a suit in her Uni Dorm.
That's how Jubilee started with the x-men.

It's why she always had Cyclops' glasses, Storm's gloves and Psylocke's 'shoes'

mighta gotten the gloves and shoes wrong, I forget what she took from who

Ain't it funny neckbeards have more of a problem with Thor being a woman than him being a horse?

Oh look, another thread that pretends Tony was ever a good or interesting character

Except based Bill never claimed to be, nor cared to call himself "Thor". He has his own power and hammer. Jane was just shameless diversity wanking while riding off a brand name

Bill was never Thor, friend, and he took the hammer in fair combat. Odin had a new hammer made for him and Thor got his back, all within about three issues.
I have no problem with Jane as Thor, beyond Aaron borng the fuck out of me before it ever took place, but, really, read some comics you smug piece of shit.

The jacket was from Dazzler.

However, Jubilee is not a legacy character. Her powers are not the outfit she is stealng either.

God fucking... This origin pisses me the hell off.

Okay, to clarify, I don't mind that a hero is not born from tragedy. It's fine to do something like that. But Riri's origin pisses me the hell off.

It literally is a girl becoming a hero for the hell of it. She does not care about saving lives or anything like that. She just cares about showing people that she is smart. There is nothing noble about her and her origin.

All the potential is there to make a good story... But Bendis doesn't do that. Instead, he has every character praising Riri for being intelligent and amazing. He has Tony Stark make her his official successor despite the fact he has only known her for two months at most.

Bendis does not seem to know how to write a heroic character. He seems to think that just doing something makes someone heroic or villainous and his viewpoint on 'morality' seems to be so skewed. To him intent does not seem to matter, instead it is just action.

I mean, we are obviously supposed to see the Thing in the wrong in Infamous for attacking Doom... But, considering Doom's history, that is not unjustified.

Aint it funny virgins defend shoehorned women and minority characters for no reason?

[neckbeard alert]

PS: Learn the meaning of shoe-horned.

Yes.

It is because she is black.

Ok, how about Rhodes as Iron Man or John Walker as Captain America?

Is this Bendis writing?

Rhodie isn't a horse.

It's different user, first thing the people complaining now weren't even born back then and second thing now is cool to hate female characters

Well Sup Forums did have that one idea where Riri was an African refugee who built armor out of the conflict

God that idea is even worse

The only good Iron Man comic is Hypervelocity and that's a one-off written by a crazy person.

Why do Sup Forums Anons not write for Marvel's shit books at the moment? Seriously the ideas here are pretty decent.

Okay what should her origin be?

Jiublee stole her powers?
Wrird I thought she was a mutant.
Tell us more, user. Don't forget to project a little hate!

Considering he's listed as the Iron Man writer from 2015-Present, I'd say most likely.

How so? Not saying its great, but its better than a college student who built a suit on a dare

>being smart is an exclusive super power

I feel like the first issue did a decent enough job of justifying itself.

The bit with her dad and best friend getting gunned down in a drive by was pretty shit though

A dare that she dared herself to, ie: she wanted to do it because reasons and stuff.

>It literally is a girl becoming a hero for the hell of it.

There have been many heroes who've done this shit before. She's no exception. It's not the concept, it's the delivery.

>She does not care about saving lives or anything like that

Yes, leaving much character progression. This is a common hero trope. The guy with abilities to help, but only cares about himself.

>She just cares about showing people that she is smart

Which, if handled correctly, could be pretty decent. She seeks validation as many people her age do.

>he has every character praising Riri for being intelligent and amazing.

This I can agree with. They're not providing her with any emotional contest. That and the Tony Stark thing. It'd be better if she was constantly in Tony's face trying to seek his approval but ultimately failing. Further emphasizing her need for validation.

>reasons and stuff
riveting

Justify this

If they did this Sup Forums would whine about it being too political

>instead of giving females their own original heroes, just take already existing characters and make them girls
This is why all of this is bad.Any actual girl should be offended by this because instead of a female super hero, you're essentially just getting Thor with tits.

Also a shameless publicity stunt.

>stealing is smart.
It's shit user, but, to be fair, no more shit that IM normally is, they coild actually give to harse and I wouldn't care.
Reed is super smart, so is Parker and yet they still have origins that are worth a fuck.

So cracker or nigger; I give no fucks.

She's a super-genius, like Reed and Tony and Doom, but born to normal parents (and black). So they just barely had the means to keep her occupied and engaged, and spent a lot of time trying to keep her grounded in society instead of lost in her own head slowly becoming bitter towards everyone else for being dumbshit. She gets into MIT and decides to build an Iron Man suit, and Tony sends her an AI version of himself to help out.

>stealing is smart.
Who is stealing?

Answer this you muppet:

t. virgin

Am I racist or a sexist user? I can't remember what we're working towards here. Both maybe?
I confess I am mysogoracistpoltard.
Look at all the time we've saved.
Hooray!
Use that time to read some fucking comics, okay?

Tony Stark is pretty much still around. He's mentoring her.

yes you are

>you can't criticize an origin unless you have a better one yourself!

Its the writer's job to write a good story, not anyone else's

Exactly. That was what I was trying to express. There is potential in Riri... But because of who is writing the story, that potential is lost and squandered.

For a standard page rate, I'd be happy to do so.

>Am I racist or a sexist user?
Now you're just projecting. No one called you these things.

You are implying something, user, I'm trying to sort out what it is, because you keep tossing out random characters as if something will come of it.
What are you after?
Also, read some fucking comics.

>She does not care about saving lives or anything like that

Lol @ (you)

>Who is Johnny Storm

Read some more comics you whine baby.

No thanks, it'd probably be awful.

I like her hair, but I have no idea how it's supposed to fit inside an Iron Man helmet.