Mfw people act like Mr. Peanutbutter is pure

>mfw people act like Mr. Peanutbutter is pure
Look, BoJack trying to kiss Diane was a shitty thing to do, even if he does have lots of emotional issues, but pretending not to know and then getting him on national television with a plot to humiliate him in front of as many people as possible was, at the time that it happened, the worst thing anyone in the entire show had done besides BoJack's mother.

Fuck off, Bojack.

BoJack is an asshole too. He could literally spend a tiny fraction of the money he has on therapy, put in a bit of effort, and become a much happier person. He just refuses to because he'd rather hurt the people around him than face his insecurities, despite the fact that there's no way they're worse than the way he treats his friends already, and they stick by him. His problems are 99% his own fault at this point.

I'm just saying Mr. Peanutbutter isn't a great person either.

The purity scale goes

Todd > Vincent Adultman >>>> Princess Caroline >>> Everyone Else (there is an order, I'm sure, but I can't be assed to work it out)

Mr. Peanutbutter saw it all as an act to please the crowd. It was a dick move but it was less out of malice and more for giving what the crowd wants.

Not that Mr. PeanutButter is perfect, he's very superficial with examples like him going to Bojacks friends funeral just so he could mooch on the celebrities that were there or going overboard with Diane's party despite her explaining she doesn't want most of the things he gave her. But just about every character excluding Todd is superficial or think themselves greater or deeper then they actually are, the difference is Mr. PeanutButter whether through idiocy or an understanding of how the entertainment industry works has no qualms with admitting to this and because of it he seems to be the more ironically genuine character in the show.

I'm only on season 2. Is Princess Carolyn that bad? Because so far the only remotely bad thing she's done is hooking up with a guy who claimed to already be getting a divorce.

Also, what about Wendy?

Also also, how do you know Mr. PB didn't intend to hurt BoJack for the sake of it too? I got the impression when they sat down and started arguing that he had some repressed rage and had been using the show to punish BoJack.

It's not like every act has one single motivating factor.

I want to slather peanut butter on my dick and have him suck it off.

>Is Princess Carolyn that bad?
Season 2 has her do some questionable things but not that bad or at least as bad as Bojack and Diane.

Season 3 does an amazing job at fleshing her out and does some seriously great and but also some real shitty things. She probably becomes my favorite character by the end.
>ls also, how do you know Mr. PB didn't intend to hurt BoJack for the sake of it too?
It's possible but it didn't seem like it to me. No spoilers but in Season 3 he does something real nice for Bojack just for it to fuck up hard though it's made clear he meant well. So yeah, his nicness feels fairly geniune

Same event also showed a bit more of Mr. PB's psyche that he has the same "nothing really matters" belief as Bojack but uses it as motivation to live life how he wants instead of bum him out.
>Also, what about Wendy?
I don't remember who she is.

>I don't remember who she is.
The owl who had been in a coma since the '80s.

PB is just a optimist that's constantly disappointed in the people he trusts. The only person he's ever attacked was Bojack, and he was kind of shitty to his wife when she questioned his judgement
Bojack is irredeemably unhappy and uses pain to justify doing shitty things b/c he feels he's done his bid of misery and earned a point
Plus he tried to fuck the daughter surrogate of his old fling that put him up for three months
PC is just a moderately selfish businesswoman who chose the job as her life, but hasn't crossed any line yet

>Bojack is irredeemably unhappy
I don't think that's true. If that were true, the show wouldn't be nearly so sad. It's sad precisely because he could be happy if he would seek professional help and actually try to change, and he chooses not to out of a combination of fear and pride.

He's afraid to face his problems and he feels like he shouldn't have to.

Spoiler if you want: Bojack fucks it up and never see's her again.
>but hasn't crossed any line yet
Another spoiler: You could argue that ruining Bojack's chance to be in the arthouse film he wanted and the blockbuster because of her hubris{/spoiler] was a huge dick move.

>that spoiler
Yeah, she's already gone at the point where I am.

but that's it, isn't it? You know Bojack will never redeem himself. People need a septic shock to realize what they need to do to better themselves. Bojack was disavowed by Charlotte, fucked and killed his best friend, had his only healthy relationship buddy abandon him, had his entire aspiration of his life be perverted into a computer simulation, and didn't respect dibs

Bojack Horseman is a show about showing a piece of shit try and lie to you and himself that he's not. And he's not bad at it

OP here. I'm watching literally right now. The way he handled seeing Diane in the restaurant when he thought she was out of the country was so fucking sweet. I'm fucking crying.

I've been watching this show and trying to rank who are the best and worst people, and I think maybe that's not the best way to see the show. And maybe it reflects some overly critical attitudes I've had toward myself and others.

Maybe it's better to just recognize that everyone is flawed and everyone has the potential to be truly beautiful, and to just try to be the best you can be, but be kind to yourself.

>I've been watching this show and trying to rank who are the best and worst people, and I think maybe that's not the best way to see the show. And maybe it reflects some overly critical attitudes I've had toward myself and others.
>Maybe it's better to just recognize that everyone is flawed and everyone has the potential to be truly beautiful, and to just try to be the best you can be, but be kind to yourself.

Brave, OP.

>It's a good show because it's miserable.
How do they keep getting away with this?

see

>Pretentious bullshit: the post.

Didn't explain a thing.

What's pretentious about it? Be specific.

>I see something in a show that made me reconsider the fact that I beat myself up and hate myself over every little thing I do wrong
>Maybe I shouldn't do that
SO PRETENTIOUS

It isn't JUST sad. There are happy parts too. Like when Mr. Peanutbutter forgave Diane within seconds of realizing she'd been lying to him about something huge. So "It's a good show because it's miserable" doesn't even make sense.

>ITT: OP has an opinion, some people disagree, anons come in and talk about how they hate the show because nothing sad should ever happen on TV

Mr. PB had plenty of dick moments. He often doesn't give a shit about other people and their feelings, he's just good at getting away with it because of his upbeat attitude.

Caroline can throw people aside when they're of no use to her. That and she does doesn't seem to have any qualms making abortion themed songs with a teenage popstar. It's just another money making scheme.

Yeah, whatever.
Shut up, idiot.

>Therapy
>Being anything other than a game of Russian Roulette in terms of what actually helps.
>Could be 1 visit or 1 decade before you get actual help

is that how you Rape Mr. Peanutbutter, or any dog in Bojack's world?