Hey Arnold!

Did they ever explain how these two ended up getting married? What the hell did she see in him? Did he have a dig bick?

Some women are drawn to men with issues and it often happens these types are either very tolerant or forgiving.

I don't know. I recall in one episode that he'd never had a job in his life. He's basically always been a NEET.

>girl gets used to dating guy in highschool
>usually hes a funny and hip guy but not from a stable family, not very smart, or has difficulty follwing directions
>neither girl or guy have plans for after
>girl works
>guy is a now loser but is "cool" about it
>hangs out with old friends
>usually gets money from his family or doing 1 time jobs
>this is sustainable until they want to be a serious couple and buy property or have a kid
>they do one of these anyways and get trapped in a loveless marriage or stay together in an apartment or with their parents to date
Happens all the time

>roommate's friend is an excon who has a welding degree
>gets fired from welding job because he took too many days off
>now wastes his days drinking all his wife's money away on dreams of creating his own weld shop with his buddy
>They have a 2 year old and another baby on the way in April

Their relationship is a character study, to say the least. She is way too good for him

>>usually hes a funny and hip guy but not from a stable family, not very smart, or has difficulty follwing directions
Oscar is neither of these. His only good quality is that every so often he learns a lesson and will step up to a challenge, but then the next Oscar and Suzy episode comes and he's asking her to do everything for him. What I'm wondering is if it was ever established what initially drew them together or how they met. I want to know if Oscar was charming at one point, but then ended up being a lazy slob, or if she just took pity on him for the entirety of their relationship.

Wasn't he an inmigrant married to her so he could get the papers?

he couldn't read, either.

"it was the best of times, it was tge worst of times"

YOU KEEP DA MONIE

He was charming when they meet, and by the time his flaws started showing she was too in love to let go. Also she probably wants to fix him and likes the feeling of being needed by someone.

You would be surprised how many people regret their marriage, just ask your parents. When people dating and live separately, they don't know shit about each other. Both of them just putting on good impression of themselves and hiding their shitty part. When they finally start living together, they can't hide shit no more.

you keep the money

>mfw my dad opened up to me and said it really bothered him when my mother gained weight after their marriage

People who think marriage is a good idea are complete and utter idiots, news at eleven.

no you keep da monee

>People who enter marriage for love and not financial stability and commitment are idiots.

FTFY. Marriage is a business investment, always has been. It's only the saps in the last few generations that have romanticized marriage as being some magic holy pure thing that will make life perfect and you'll be carried off to a castle like at the end of Snow White.

No. Do not marry for love. Do not marry for romance, or even sex. That is retarded. You marry someone because they share similar values to you, they don't completely disgust you, they'll help around the house, and chip in with the bills. Maybe have one or two WELL ADJUSTED kids with boring but happy and loving parents who don't have to worry about everything they are accustomed to falling apart because mommy and daddy don't love each other anymore and want a divorce.

Marry for like. Not for love. You will grow to love them eventually.

>What I'm wondering is if it was ever established what initially drew them together or how they met
From what I remember (I want to say it came up in the episode where Suzie's sister has a baby also named Oskar), she basically just really pitied him. His pathetic and needy nature was endearing to her.

MGTOW plz go.

>You will grow to love them eventually
No, you idiot. You will end up with a subhuman parasite and pray for swift death. People (women especially) are garbage and eventually they WILL disgust you so your "they don't completely disgust you" point is as idiotic as everything you say.

My wife is basically my sister who I can fuck.
I'm adopted and at one point with my sister abroad we pretended to be a couple during vacation and it got real. We could've just left the city and start a new since our parents died (and I have the honour of being a technical double orphan....hooray) and both were single kids and grandparents didn't care but we just couldnt start from zero or leave it all.

My with both married pallette swaps of Each other but we have a "if both or spouses die/divorce we move and start anew" kind of deal.

Stop projecting your mommy issues onto all women and maybe you'll stop attracting women who remind you of her.

>People (women especially) are garbage

Not really. It seems you are a misanthrope.

>mommy issues
Now who's projecting? My father is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever and did more harm to my psyche than my mother ever could. Doesn't change the fact that realistically speaking all women are complete trash and so are men.

He sounds like he's MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). In theory, it's a bunch of guys who oppose how marriage is unfairly biased in the woman's favor, but it practice it's a bunch of guys who are either A) too red-pilled for their own good (some won't even sleep with women for fear of disease) or B) pick-up artists who - for some bizarre reason - want to justify fucking woman and never getting committed by talking about how women are evil parasites who can't be trusted (because obviously you couldn't do that just because you like having sex with lots of different women and don't like commitment).

So daddy issues. As well as mommy issues because you resent her for marrying that asshole.

>Not thinking you can have both

>tfw family line is full of happy and fulfilling marriages on both sides
feels great!

You can have both, if you're lucky. But being a young naive idiot who thinks you'll have it with the first person you feel attracted to just because you want to be with them is why so many marriages fail.

I honestly don't comprehend 70% of this post.

>My wife is basically my sister who I can fuck.
>I'm adopted
Stopped reading and had to reread this a few times before coming to this conclusion: What?

My theory?

>Meet up in Suzy's college years with Oskar being an immigrant worker or exchange student.
>Fall for each other, Oskar is obviously lazy but Suzy is going through a bad boy phase.
>Decide to have a green card marriage so Oskar can have a life in America.
>Years pass, Oskar obviously doesn't want to get a job or go to school, Suzy has long since grown out of her bad boy phase.
>Present day.

Worked out pretty well for Phil and Pookie, I think.

>not wanting the big jewish cock

Oy vey your cock makes me queef like a fat jewish giraffe

>Meet up in Suzy's college years with Oskar being an immigrant worker or exchange student.
Oskar never worked a day in his life until he got that paperboy job, so that rules out immigrant worker. I'd venture to guess he came over because he thought he could make some easy money off some chump.

>Fall for each other, Oskar is obviously lazy but Suzy is going through a bad boy phase.
I can imagine him sweet talking her and Suzy treating him like a lost puppy. He's a con artist, not necessarily a "bad boy".

>Decide to have a green card marriage so Oskar can have a life in America.
Sound theory.

>Years pass, Oskar obviously doesn't want to get a job or go to school, Suzy has long since grown out of her bad boy phase.
Again, he's a con artist, but not necessarily a bad boy. He probably told Suzy he couldn't work or was looking for a job and so she agreed to work until he got employed and doing that for a few months while he hunted for a job turned into a few years.

>Present day.
You keep de' mon-eee.

If he never worked then he'd be an exchange student

He loves his sister so he married someone exactly like his sister and if his wife dies and her husband dies (her husband is exactly like her brother) then because they are not related by blood they're going to fuck off somewhere and be a married couple

I want to say that the fact he can't read would rule out that theory, but my teacher 12th grade english teacher apparently had more than a few students who couldn't read, so anything's possible, I suppose.

>be me in freshman year
>big titty nerdy and shy southern girl is into me
>One day I just stop talking to her because I thought she started dating someone else and because she kind of reminded me of my mom but not a bitch and with big tits and glasses

And then I never dated anyone in college. The moral of the story is to not let the "she kind of reminds me of mom because she has one of the most common hair colors ever and the same eye color" to get in the way of fucking a cute big tittied southern nerd girl

I mean the only other way he could be here without either being a worker or a student is if he came on a tourist visa and then overstayed, becoming an illegal

Well being related to someone who actually has a job and therefore being considered a "priority immigrant" is also a possibility, but we never see his family in the show

She's an enabler. Women can be attracted to absolute wastrels who have no redeeming values because they think that they can 'fix' him.

Which she won't, but she'll continue and their relationship will continue to become more unhealthy to downright abusive.

This is exactly why you should live with your s/o before marrying them. Do not listen to older people when they say that living together with a person who you aren't married to is wrong. It's a trap. Give it a trial run for at least 6 months and if shit goes downhill, at least you know you won't be paying alimony.

In "you keep the money" i got the very distinct feeling she is emotionally weak and she keeps in around because she is such a weak woman.

Some women (and men) are drawn to people that treat them like royalty. Even if the reason for that is that they completely rely on them.

Oskar's probably this charming young guy who's maybe a little funny, due in no small part to the fact that he's foreign and therefore exotic. Susie's not exactly a prize by the look of her, so she gets in deep with Oskar and the problems surface once the thrill and the romance are over.

He's a polish immigrant who needed the citizenship and Suzie probably felt bad for him.

You dont buy a car without trying it out first. Thats my motto to commitment with long term relationships. You dont want a lemon do you?? Ofcourse not