>nothing scary at all
>over 2 hours long
>le strong empowered female
>generally boring

Moar like shIT amirite

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XealyeTwLdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it failed to adapt lovecraftian elements successfully and that led to its downfall

>tasteful jump-scares mixed with humor
>135 minutes felt like 90 minutes
>beverly a cute
>generally comfy

Clownkino is back on the menu, boys.

>everyday until you like it

Froggo

>strong empowered female
>gets fucked by everyone
yeah right

The book isn't relevant to the movie in this case sonce they didnt film the sex scene.
>first one to physically damage the clown
>kills her stereotypical rapist dad with ggrrrrl power
>only one to not grimace when she cuts her hand

>tasteful jump-scares
No such thing.

Wait, who gets fucked in the book?

Beverly rides the cock corral in the book in the sewers with all the boys in the group.

have to agree with you, that cheap shot needs to stop

12/13 year old Beverly gets six man gangbanged in the sewers.

youtube.com/watch?v=XealyeTwLdQ

>tfw Tim has recovered loads since his stroke and although paralysed seems to be talking and thinking pretty well

I am happy to see this.

Didn't read the books did you lad?

Fucking moron. Carbon copy of the book. I am impressed.

>Le strong empowered female
WAAHHH a female character did something other than be a damsel in distress (which she literally is for part of the movie)
Fuck off

>calls others morons for not reading cocaine addled nonsense by King of plebs
And I did read most of it, but I have a hard time finishing King novels because he doesn't know how to finish a story and it becomes a slog. His short stories are what he is actually good at.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not

Oh, I see you've wandered here by accident from your favorite website.

>muh damsel in distress
Kill yourself, anita. Don't pretend like the girl wasn't purposefully made to be tougher than the boys in the most cliche manner possible.

Fr it was split into 2 parts. you got your poorly done "horror" parts on one hand, and then you got really charming stand by me/moonrise kingdom shenanigans.

Yea, at least Mother! doesn't pussy out w/the child killing

His Bachman books are also good.

Read The Long Walk. That book was dynamite.

How can you get any pleasure from trolling people with such low quality bait?

the bucktooth makes It look too silly

It would be an easy movie to make too but it's too late and would just get labeled as a Hunger Games rip off.

not gonna lie the scene where Georgie gets eaten kinda got a reaction out of me. Something about seeing a little kid writhe in pain from getting his arm torn off and then trying to crawl for his life kinda got to me.

child actors were very good. It wasn't very scary and the CGI was pretty shitty. That painting that was after the jew looked like it was ripped from a PS2 game.

>>kills her stereotypical rapist dad with ggrrrrl power

This is something I didn't care for. It's briefly touched on in the book, that her father has sexual desires for her. But he doesnt molest her. He's just physically abusive towards her because he can't have her. Also, she didnt so much kill him with girl power than she did slamming him in the head with the top of the toilet.

>100 teenagers walking a thousand miles would make a good movie
let's not get ahead of ourselves

You sound like a pussy desu, you're probably one of the people who had a meltdown after watching mother

>Dude a girl that has to live a life full of abuse and neglect won't be tougher because of it
You're a fucking moron

Only part of It that really got me was the fact I never had any childhood buddies to spend my summers with

It has interesting characters with good interactions and would be very tense. So yes, it would make a good movie.

I'm debating on reading the book, is it worth my time?

>>le strong empowered female
6 of the 7 main characters are male. Beverly ends up being a damsel in distress. Bill is the strongest character, he's the one who beats Pennywise. She didn't beat her dad with grrrl power, she underhandedly smashed his head in with a blunt object. If Beverly triggered you then you're a hilariously insecure faggot.

nah that was the only scene I thought was scary. Rest of the movie was pretty enjoyable, got a giggle outta the fat kid getting chased by the headless guy

that was the most unsettling part of the movie. and the fact that actress who played Bev is 15.

The book excels at several things that the movie did not:

It builds a better friendship between all of the characters. You care about them. Their relationships between eachother are much more fleshed out.

The antagonists are way better. Henry and his gang are a constant threat to the kids (and adults). Hes fleshed out way more, and a lot more fucked up.

The book only suffers during the ending. The confrontations with IT are pretty bad. But it's typical King in that he doesn't know how to end a book. But 95% of the book is still great. The movie excels at this by having a better confrontation with It.

Overall, it's a good read. Not my favorite King book, but I'm glad I read it.

"We promise to not use so much CGI and take time to integrate practical effects."

>Blatantly doesn't do that
>Strips all the lovecraftian elements out of it
>Put it in the 80's for some fucking reason idk but now everything is hyper stylized
>Every quote could come directly from Stranger Things
>People love it

Jesus christ, what happened to movies?

Did anyone think Pennywises voice was too retarded sounding? Like when he's talking to Georgie in the opening scene. Much prefer Tim Curry to this Swedishfag

Not a single thing you said was true or even made sense.

>Strips all the lovecraftian elements out of it

Only included near the end of the book. The second movie is supposed to delve into this.

>Put it in the 80's for some fucking reason idk but now everything is hyper stylized

Did it effect the movie at all? No? Great.

>Every quote could come directly from Stranger Things

You're really grasping for straws, huh?

>People love it
It was a decent movie.

All right, I'll give it a read then

hey! please delete this!

I find it strange no one ever posts a webm of the scene where it takes the form of the creature in the painting and they round the corner to find it munching on that kids face.

Probably one of the actually more scary parts of this film that everyone conveniently ignores.

Why did that 1980s pharmacy sell 2017 toothpaste? Did the set designers just forget?

>for once Hollywood made a film that is completely apolitical
>Sup Forums finds a way to whine about feminism
IT isn't feminist in anyway. Reminder themarysue and other feminist shitholes had a fit over Beverly being turned into a "damsel in distress".

There's a fair amount of it in the first half, which isn't as present as the second I admit but there were still discussions of IT having always been. And also, we just have a deadlights scene with no context which is cool for the people who have read the original book, but makes absolutely 0 sense and it totally out of left field for the people walking into it clean.

And yes, putting it in the 80's absolutely did effect the plot. Mike's entire story line doesn't make sense in an 80's context because even if he is the only black kid in town, he's not going to face the same pre-60's racial discrimination that he does. That's not just important to him, but to Henry's character arch. But both get canned because we're in the 80's now. And as for the dialogue, it's not fun to hear the same overly written banter between all the kids at all times. People are dying, kids are missing, but these kids have enough composure and time to perform sitcom bits in between action scenes. I hate to admit that Funny or Die's mocumentary, American Vandal, gets teenage dialogue more correct than this movie, but here we are. No kid talks like that, and it's just there for filler. It's distracting and annoying.

The first scene was creepy.. then it just devolved into typical hollywood jump scares. Not really against a jump scare here or there but this movie needed more subtlety.

It was basically stranger things with a better budget. Just marketing going wild and hitting high notes to make a popular movie.

The acting was decent though and I liked the design.

Not a horror movie though.

>Has no actual retort
>B-but Reddit!
Everytime

>Random gays decide that Pennywise is an LGBT icon now

Because the best thing the gay community can do for their image is to associate themselves with a pedophilic monster that preys on children.

Also the 4 peg lime green Lego brick used on the turtle wasn't introduced until the following year. I mean, what were they thinking? I hope someone got fired over that.

if the clown shoe fits.

>giggling highschoolers behind me and in the corner the entire time

Will say though, had some creepy imagery and I thought the child actors were good. Not all that scary, but I really could have waited to see it at home.. Might enjoy it more then.

Not an argument.

Read that as "black elves matter".
I really am a fa/tg/uy.

Fucking bobblehead looking ass

>Child actors were great
>surprisingly funny
>didn't resort to just nonstop jump scares

I would have preferred more scenes of Pennywise just as himself instead of becoming different monsters. Those were the best parts when he was interacting with the kids as himself.

The problem with the new pennywise is that he's not scary.
The old one was surreal and nightmareish, this one is straight outta deviantart with all that edge.

BRRRRAAAAAAAP

The old Pennywise wasn't scary

It was non-stop jumpscares. Every time Pennywise showed up there was a loud noise and he was spazzing out. It got boring fast.

Certainly more scary than the new one, who is a tumblr OC and not threatening or creepy looking. Something a 15 year old goth girl would scribble

This. He was just a sweet little kid who wanted to be with his parents and brother. :((((

Fuck off. I don't really care about much of anything. But there are certain things that set me off, like animal abuse or innocence being violated. Being a hardass with limits is probably the best way to be. Idgaf most of the time it's good to feel something now and again and know where to draw the line. I know it's just a film but that scene was very realistic and that scene made me feel a bit sick.

There were loud noises, sure. But other than maybe two or three scenes you were always shown the monster ahead of the noise, which I really liked.

>Non stop jumpscares
There's one actual jumpscare in the movie

I just fucking got out from seeing this movie and all I could think about was how someone was going to call this out.

Normally I'd say to stop your bitching but even I couldn't deny the lack of reaction here.

A fucking Clown with obvious cgi was realistic to you? You should help pick out tampons

>biggest fear is never having a gf
>tfw currently living in it
What would Pennywise do to scare me?

Stop your btiching

Walked out of the movie when I saw that intermodal double-stack freight train, desu.

This was the only part I didn't like.

1. When he runs across the basement in the water
2. When he pops out of like ever page of text in the fucking movie (which is a bunch)
3. 3 or 4 times in the lame ass house situation
4. twice when the zombie leper showed up.
5. Every time the creepypasta painting chick showed up.

SRSLY did you watch the movie?

There's an HDTC version circulating for those who are interested

>Moar like shIT amirite
Pretty much.

I like how they made Bev the "stronk womyn" throughout the entire film, but then used her as the excuse to motivate all the submissive beta males to whiteknight for her. Why the fuck didn't the clown just kill that bitch? Shit made no sense.

Then you've got the sexual exploitation of a 15 year old girl, because they didn't have swim suits back then, and every adult male is a degenerate pedo.

shIT, indeed.

No, the kid with his fucking arm ripped off writhing in pain in a pool of blood, ya dopey cunt.

it was more Proustian however
and delved into the stream of consciousness of the losers

No, you are stupid edgy 12 year old

Same here

this, fucking this
Just got out of the movie and even though I enjoyed it none of it was scary, the only part that had potential was when the lady in the painting was gone and the flute starts playing, then they absolutely fucking blew it by having her big goofy mug get up in the camera and go all boo.

>Is incapable of looking to plot synopses on the internet

user. Look at me. I'm being serious.

>no kids talk like that
Excuse me where you ever a kid? With no adults around kids and teens talk shit constantly, we all used to be little assholes

Don't forget when they're trying to find the well house with the projector and pennywise just decides to invade their garage in giant form

Top BAIT mate but it was a movie build on 90% jumpscares

Finding teenage actors good enough to really sell that they're out of their minds after walking hundreds of miles with no sleep would be hard but other than that I think it'd be a pretty simple movie to do well.

>didn't resort to just nonstop jump scares
are you kidding me? That was the only kind of scare they had

>build up to a scare
>show what the scary thing is
>loud noise as the scary thing attacks

Not a jump scare.

was watching the hd cam rip last night, fell asleep whilst watching it...says alot ;)

You idiots have no idea what a jumpscare is do you?

You're not helping your case. Startle scares and loud noises are WORSE than jump scares.

>le strong female
dude she's an obvious child tranny. "her" shoulders are wider than her hips. Masculine as fuck face. Wide cheek bones. Total fucking trap. All the "women" in hollywood are dudes. Natalie portMAN too.

A jump scare is a technique often used in horror films and video games, intended to scare the audience by surprising them with an abrupt change in image or event, usually co-occurring with a loud, frightening sound
Gosh it's almost like that perfectly describes what the movie is filled with doesn't it you stupid cunts?

The clown looks like is was designed by an edgy 12 year old.

I'm 2 chapters in after the gays got killed and it seems boring af.
Is there ever a straightforward plot or just time arcs?

>abrupt change
>show the monster
>you see it
>you know it's coming
>it starts chasing

BULLSHIT JUMPSCARE! Let me guess, the old lady in the library was a jumpscare, Pennywise appearing in paintings at random were jumpscares and the different television broadcasts all referencing the sewers were jumpscares, too?

It's almost like a majority of people on here haven't seen the movie or watched some crappy rip.

>Pennywise appearing in paintings at random

What, did I miss this?