So what theories do we have behind the whole Rebirth mystery?

So what theories do we have behind the whole Rebirth mystery?

>Doomsday
>Tim
Is anyone else in Mr. Oz's Wonderful Prison?

Maybe Bart Allen and Conner Kent

Or Metron and Owlman

Sure they are.
They're got Rorschach treatment.

ah yeah

I hope that the mystery of Superbro's real identity ties with this stuff. Everyone on Sup Forums seems to be more bothered with whethere he was better or worse than pre-FP Superman, but the fact that he wasn't this continuity's Superman is still out there

>I can't believe Metron is fucking dead
You can definitely see how this wasn't the intended ending when Johns started to write the mega Darkseid War arc with Metron explaining all the crises stuff

>So what theories do we have behind the whole Rebirth mystery?

Marvel and DC can pretend that #1 issues sell well, forcing the dependants of Diamond to buy more of them than of their usual dreck.

Well, it's not fucking Ozymandias. That's way too obvious.

T I M E
R
A
P
P
E
R

Future Tim

Oh, yeah. Completely forgot about him.
Guess one of Tim will be ded. Unless they transform FuturesEnd!Tim into someone else, like how OG Booster became Waverider.

It's yet another obvious and poorly thought out hook that idiots fell for and spent countless hours theorizing about only to have it not matter in the slightest because the distraction worked and everyone seems to be ignoring the continued severe lack of quality at DC in order to spout that they are saved.

I thought it was revealed that the entire Rebirth is AbraCadabra's doing. And he was retarded enough to fuck it up and have his own memory erased.

>everyone seems to be ignoring the continued severe lack of quality at DC
Back to bed, Bendis.

I hope it's this, just so the three of them have a reason to be best friends again.

I read a pretty compelling theory that another prisoner might be pre-flashpoint Booster Gold, since he's the one character who actually might remember what happened and disrupt whatever plans are going on.

>T I M E
>R
>A
>P
>P
>E
>R

Meaningless. Time Trapper is just a role for other characters these days.

>but the fact that he wasn't this continuity's Superman is still out there
I don't understand how anyone has come to this conclusion based on what this Mr Oz said. First of all, we don't know how reliable his words are. He could be completely misleading everyone.

And even if he's revealing some truth about Superbro, he's doing the same for Superman in the context of the OP panels.
>You and your family are not what you believe you are.
So what are they?

Keep reading that as Time Rapper...bah, sounds like a badly conceived oc

>So what are they?
They're not the characters from a previous, erased timeline lost in a new continuity (like pre and post.CoiE), but are instead among the only existing characters from the original, non-altered pre-Flashpoint timeline that didn't have 10 years subtracted from them. The big reveal was that the new52 wasn't actually a new Earth.
So this leaves the question, if pre-FP Kal-El never technically got new52'd, who was Superbro?

A man who has no power of his own except for wit, insight, and a clever use of smoke and mirrors. But he uses his wit to call upon the help of others, each lending their own strength to create a power greater than all of them. He sits on his throne and hides behind the faces of the people who ask for strength

He's the Wizard, of course

Didn't pre crisis Supergirl escape during convergence too?

This just raises more questions. WHo were the kents that raised Superbro? Were they the actual continuity kents? Also it raises the question "What makes a Superman?" in a lot of Superbro's books there was this overarching theme that it's not the powers that make someone Superman but their drive to help and "do what's right". It'd be interesting if Superbro came back that he was able to make peace with the fact that although he may not be the proper Superman he is still Superman.

Superbro just actually has to be Kal-L, it's the only answer that makes any sense

Mr oz is pre flashpoint lex who came out of that portal he was dragged in because he couldnt get over his murder boner

As well as Hal Parallax and Barry. But those were conveniently forgoten and swept under the rug.

Such a waste to make a 2edgy ending. Metron will go back to the Source and return, anyway.

He could also be an artificial creation made by Manhattan or Oz. For some strange reason when Superdad touched the ground on his tomb, he left a blue glow on it.

Doesn't that say more about Superdad than Superbro?

They're moving forward with Superdad though and he is pretty much estabilished as the real deal that didn't have the 10 years substracted, so Superbro has to be something else. Or maybe Superdad is in some way related to the creation of Superbro?

I was thinking that, when Flashpoint happened and Manhattan stole those 10 years, the changes it made to the timeline also applied to the past of the DCU, and even though Superman and Lois weren't there by the time the changes happened, they still existed in the past of the DCU. So maybe Superbro and N52 Lois indeed are Manhattan'd versions of the "temporal echos" Pre-FP Lois and Clark or some comic book timery bullshit.

ParaHal showed up in GL at least before he vanished, COIE Barry hasn't shown up anywhere

This would also fit with the idea Superdad mentioned that this new timeline is echoing the old one, Superbro died as Superdad also did because he is "repeating" his history.

ParaHal was still swept under the rug. One wonders where the fuck did he go. If Superdad is the original that must also be true for ParaHal, but if he can't return to his own universe, does that mean that current Hal also isn't the original one?

Didn't he turn into Waverider during Convergence?

>They're moving forward with Superdad though and he is pretty much estabilished as the real deal
Show me any evidence of this. I'll wait.

Yes he did. Which now puts Booster in a weird situation as the New 52 one isn't the original one but a temporal duplicate of the new timeline. Maybe they can retcon it and say that Waverider Booster is an older version of the same Booster Gold.

My theory is that they never bothered to write an ending for it, and are hoping we all forget about it, just like that Three Jokers thing, and that other retcon you already forgot about

Everywhere from everything DC Universe Rebirth says that's been discussed to death on countless threads since May (the stolen 10 years, Pre-FP Clark and Lois being outside the timeline when Manhattan did his fuckery, Wally confirming that this has been the same universe all along, Wally recognizing Clark in an upcoming Titans issue, etc.) to the fact that Jon has been estabilished firmly as a new character companion to Damian moving forward in Super Sons. He will be the main Superman from now on. Superbro won't come back and the best deal you can hope for is that he is fused with Superdad or some shit.

>does that mean that current Hal also isn't the original one
Given that Hal has been turning into pure will energy it's entirely possible.

Imagine if they met up, and Waverider Booster was attempting to play a mysterious enicgmatic mentor, but Nu-Booster is too much of an ADHD addled glory hound asshole to try to learn any lessons from his alternative self

I'd buy it

Man, all this time fuckery is a freaking convulted mess. But it's a beautiful mess. The kind of convulted mess only comic books can give you. It's so fun to discuss it.

Hopefully pre-flashpoint Barbera Gordon, Mrs. Dick Grayson

I still think the only way to beat Dr. Manhattan is this man

Hopefully they'll pick up that thread when the joker reappears in the batman comics.

Connor was an established character companion of Tim. Didn't stop him from being taken out of existence. I'll never trust that any kid associated with any Superman is going to stick around for long. Eventually they either die, go someplace out of the way of the story, or just get forgotten by writers and fall by the wayside.

I feel like Ennis is the kind of guy who would call up Moore if that happened just to laugh

Pre-Nu52 Barbara Gordon wasn't married to Pre-Nu52 Dick Grayson.

ParaHal is from Zero Hour while Superdad is from immediately pre-Flashpoint, maybe that means current Hal is the proper Hal and ParaHal is the anomaly since he's from an earlier time?

Superboy Prime is gonna beat Manhattan. Johs love him too much to let him out of a big event, also it's the perfect chance to reintroduce him

It means that ParaHal is the proper Hal that got mad and decided to change the time-space continuum. The current Hal is a creation of ParaHal where in the new time-line created by ParaHal the fear bug made him crazy and do bad things.

No, they stuck the bug retcon onto Convergence ParaHal in Nu52 GL #50. The two Hals fought and during the fight Bug Parallax full on manifested in Convergence ParaHal

ParaHal looked like he was possessed too though, he ended up with pointy teeth and yellow speech bubbles

The Captain Atom of Earth 5 possibly could, as he is basically a more 'human' version of Manhattan.

Shut up DC is saved love is back in the universe we have to keep endlessly fellating them.

Yes they were. Read Convergence: Nightwing and Oracle

Nah, I know Convergence's last issue was a continuity clusterfuck but what Brainiac said was that the first crisis was too strong a lynchpin in the multiverse's history, so it has to happen for everything else to survive.
Pre-CoiE Barry and Supergirl agree to go back and basically die in order to have everything reset. ParaHal and Superdad + Lois agree to go there to help and then found themselves disaligned from the timeline and projected in the newest timeline->new52.
Barry and Supergirl died (again) in CoiE as they were always supposed to.

Convergence had both vanilla Booster and Waverider.

>Convergence had both vanilla Booster and Waverider.
No, it had Original Booster, and Nu52 Booster. Then OG Booster became the new Waverider, who had been dead prior.