Did people unironically like this?

just saw this and it's absolute trash (unless you see it a comedy movie a la sharknado)

How were people afraid of this? The remake is 1000x better, Prove me wrong: protip you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPxyQ7oj8no
youtube.com/watch?v=tSqjjWQLil4
youtu.be/Xzp1LO-Fd6I
youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=3sFnVs--D2I
youtube.com/watch?v=j92je8olXkA
youtube.com/watch?v=-sy0a4S2Lp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IT (1990) is about Pennywise
IT (2017) is about the Losers

IT 2017 is all around better, you're correct. Although it isn't a remake, it's an adaptation

Yes people liked it, you fucking underage faggot.

People saw the first IT when they were children and when you watch it as a child it is pretty scary, the first half anyways. If you watch it a cynical adult then it comes off as comical, full of stuff that doesn't make sense and the vfx are very cheesy and cheap.

watched with my 4 yo niece

she laughed start to finish

I saw it a couple months ago and it isn't as bad as you nu-IT faggots make it out to be. There's a lot of dated stuff but you need to keep in mind it almost 30 years old; people still talk about it in a positive light.

>5 posters
>6 posts

I loved the Lovecraftian elements

>7 posts
>5 posters

it's really fucking bad

Stop trying to make this a meme, faggot.

>lovecraftian
>not Derlethic

>tfw you'll never get a R-rated coming of age kids dramedy with this cast of kids (you know, minus the scary clown and just let the kids be kids kind of movie)

100% agree OP is completely heterosexual

I'm 37. I read the book when I was 13. I did not enjoy this, other than Tim Curry, who carried the show. 2017 gets much closer to the feel of the book, I just wish it were a bit less jump scare-y. It was comfy af and I adore the new cast, especially Ritchie and Bev. Beep beep, Ritchie.

It's fondly remembered for Tim Curry's performance, which in itself is campy but memorable, it probably did terrify kids though.

>just saw this

You're either a foreigner or a child. Either way your opinion is discarded.

>8 posters
>7 posts

The bully in the original was actually a good actor.

Too bad he didn't get a good script.

You have to be over 18 to post here

t. abuelita

That's exactly what Stand by Me is.

Lovecraftian posters are based. You can literally feel the sneed shitposters seething.

False dichotomy. Many of us partake in both memes.

It was kino back in the 90s. It's still good watched with nostalgia goggles, which is pretty easy for me.

>Wow nuage kids who watch jumpscare youtube videos non stop are not impressed with old ass movies.

Rellymaksmethnk

and many of us don't

such a lynchian uncertainty about these memes

Pennywise was pretty funny sometimes

1990 IT had superior Pennywise. He was a scary monster and a maniac.

Modern Pennywise is getting a tumblr fan circles when they make fanfics about fucking him or making him an antihero. He's trash and failed at becoming a horror icon.

The old pennywise is more scary because he's more surreal and straight out of a nightmare.
The new one is the definition of trying too hard.
He looks like a 14 year old kid from deviantart tried his best to be edgy and spooky

They're both good faggot, just different.
If you were looking for Curry Pennywise in 2017 IT then you were viewing it wrong.

yeah it doesn't hold up at all, it was very scary as a child, though.

the new one is all around better, though I'd argue that the premise itself kind of has some problems that will prevent IT from ever really being scary

The new one is shit because you can tell they overdesigned him to be spooky and scary, so he just comes over as lame and immature looking

OP here

i actually haven't seen it because im a shut in

ill give you a real response when the blu ray rip comes out

How the fuck is this overdesigned? It's very simplistic and one of the reasons 2017 Pennywise was so appealing.

>immature looking
That's the whole fucking point. The reason he's so creepy is because he acts childish while butchering kids for fun.

Sup Forums summed up perfectly.

>How the fuck is this overdesigned?
Look at the fucking picture.
>That's the whole fucking point. The reason he's so creepy is because he acts childish while butchering kids for fun.
No you mouthbreathing gen z moron.
I'm talking about the designers not the character itself, you complete and utter pleb.

The old one was creepy because he looked weird and out of place, the new one looks like a fucking 15 year old goth girl designed him.
He's something a moron would think is scary.
He is too much designed to look like "epic evil scary clown", overdesigend and tacky.

The old one worked because he looked straight out of a nightmare and simply off. The new one looks too stylish.

>he acts childish while butchering kids for fun.
literally "ow the edge" tier

I hated this movie and I even said afterwards that this is officially the last time I watch anything that has any connection to Steven King. Fuck that hack!
I'm serious. I look up horror movies before I watch them just to see if it's a King adaptation. If it is, I will not watch it.

Personally the generic zombie design gave me a false sense of security. I wasn't his face to morph into shark/dog looking abominations.

This is wrong. How can you people be so fucking stupid?

I wish they would have turned down the CGI by like 25% with the clown. The teeth were excessive, and it would have helped to give him a better sense of being real, but still very much out of place in the world.

Every scene in IT stops being scary when the clown Pennywise appears. It's just an honest truth. It's like gettin creeped out and the scene is building up for big scare when suddenly it turns out its just a cat in a closet. Pennywise by Bill Skarsgard is as threateaning as that cat.

>this is what passed for a horror movie in the 1990s
youtube.com/watch?v=hPxyQ7oj8no
youtube.com/watch?v=tSqjjWQLil4

He wears a fucking dress and look like he's trying to imitate Ledgers Joker. He's the biggest massive flaw of the movie that will make it forgettable. An opposite of 1990 movie where kids were the one being forgettable.

>honest truth
You're seeming your subjective experience as "honest truth"?

*deeming

>How were people afraid of this?
How did you ever get the impression people were scared of this? It was always hailed as a cult favorite simply for its camp and Tim Curry's performance.

Were the fatty's inverted nipples distracting anyone else?

I think Bill Skarsgard did a completely fine job as Pennywise, but his design was too on the nose for "spooky clown". I think the leper and painting forms looked nice though.

2017 pennywise is overdesigned. It looks like something designed for a generic horror movie with an evil clown. The generic horror bits felt exactly like that, telegraphed jumpscares, big spooky facial expressions...Skarsgard was a good actor for the role but they could have muted his design, perhaps thrown you off guard a bit more and made a bigger impact in actually scaring you.

Did they hire the Joker Baby to play Pennywise?

youtu.be/Xzp1LO-Fd6I

I personally think the kids are great in the original and the adults suck but I still love it.

is it kino?

Fuck off, pseud.

yes it is a movie

Is a jester kind of clothing wich implies he being around for a long time, old timey clothes make IT look morey creepy IMO

No, it's a good movie though.

Adult Mike was a cool nigga
Eddie was good too

People don't actually get scared by film and television do they? How immature can you be?

t. Leaf

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o

Just got out of the 2017 version and came here to ask you people how fucking retarded you are.

That was an abysmal, tacky piece of trash that fits right in with all the other god awful stephen king films

Pennywise dancing was the best part of the movie.

can someone post the screencap of the orgy scene in the book i need it for a friend

I like the Tim Curry Pennywise better because he wasn't trying to be edgy. He was trying to be a dick.

>The remake is 1000x better,
it isn't

This is the only answer

Not an argument

I prefer the old pennywise, personally. The new one just kind of comes off as edgy. The old one looked like a typical birthday clown but sort of, off. He'd be even scarier when revealing that he's not a normal clown because of this. The new one was just hurrr lookit me I'mma spooky bozo JUMPSCARE.

Partyrockers feelin lousy tonight

it 2017 is shIT

neither is the original statement

Dude did you just learn the word "overdesigned" today and rush home to post it on slash teevee?

I agree the TV series has aged terribly and welcome the updated movie, but it had its moments. Like revealing Stanley committed suicide. I was hoping for credits music in the 2017 movie as well.

Does anybody know the song's name? I can't get it out of my head.

darude lovecraftian storm

Yeah you weren't the only one

It is too overdesigned as far as the costume and the red lines going up the face

I would've kept the costume much simpler like an old fashioned clown from the 1700s and not as hokey as that costume

Orange hair shouldn't have been as neat as it was and should've looked sloppier

Lips could've been bigger and possibly painted black to be spookier with black drool

The eyes needed black eyeliner and he needed eyebrows. The 2017 Pennywise doesn't have eyebrows

If you make those edits in Photoshop, he's spookier looking. Think Art the Clown but not that dark

it did improve a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=3sFnVs--D2I

i mean just compare
youtube.com/watch?v=j92je8olXkA

It's not scary so much as it is disturbing and unsettling

>going into horror movies to get scared instead of just having a good time

>going to horror movies to laugh at how campy and dumb they are

>>The remake is 1000x better, Prove me wrong: protip you cant

-Scene with the book of photos played out much better than the projector in the new one.
-It in the new one sounds like fucking Conker (pic related)
-It says, "beep beep Richie" for some reason in the new one when none of the friends ever say it a single time.
-New It wears bells and sounds like a Christmas tree being throttled by cats EVERYTIME he moves.
-Tunnel Snake Bowers actually more comfortable in front of a camera than Joe Dirt Bowers
-Harry Anderson, Tim Curry and John Ritter.
-New movie had better casted kids, much more believable
-New movie has stupid dead kid tornado, In b4 climate change argument.
-Old movie Beverly took out It with slingshot and her boyfriend by merely chucking an ashtray.
-New It didn't do much taunting outside of saying almost what you wanted him to but not quite right.
-New It clown just looked evil from the get go and was doing the town a favor by feeding on gullible children that don't listen to their parents.
-New Kids on the Block... for fuck sakes...

Ok for some reason the scene at 3:14 is hilarious to me. He put thought into that. He stood there and posed WAITING for that moment.

>New Kids on the Block... for fuck sakes

They rocked dude...

the fat kid sucked boo

Something you underage simple minded faggots don't understand, is that when you watch a movie you have to see it from the perspective of the audience at the time that the movie was released.

Like Blair Witch Project. It seems like shit now because of all the found footage movies that have come out since. But at the time that movie was released there was nothing else like it and it was scary as shit. Same with the original 'It'. It was before CGI was in every fucking movie so it wasn't used in that one either and seeing one episode and having to wait a week to see the next one heightened the suspense. And there was no internet or even thoughts of what internet would be like back then, so you couldn't go onto some board or social media to talk shit about it and ruin it for everyone else.

Know that the movies you like now will someday be considered as shit by young faggots like yourself OP.

ive seen old ass movies that were scarier than this

this is just hilarious

>scary
>"DO YOU HAVE PRINCE ALBERT IN A CAN? YOU DO? WELL YOU BETTER LET THE POOR GUY OUT!"
>"HELLO? IS YOUR REFRIGERATOR RUNNING? IT IS? WELL YOU BETTER GO CATCH IT!"
>"BEEP BEEP, RICHIE! AHA! AHA! AHA!"

Richie fuckin sucked, Eddie is top tier for sure

Movies that are older and scarier than IT 1990:
>Friday the 13th
>A Nightmare on Elm Street
>Halloween
>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>Child's Play
>The Fly 1986
>The Thing
>The Evil Dead

Your logic is retarded

RUDE
youtube.com/watch?v=-sy0a4S2Lp4

>he liked Blair Witch
It was trash when it came out.

Yes, being mocked by a critter that can show up any time, any where, and that you know can kill you without a second's thought is pretty damn scary.

>I didn't see the movie: the post

I agree with this. The gutter scene is where penny shines, but after a while he becomes familiar (by being a simple indicator of danger) and his dialogue was a large part of his creepiness. I want to see zombies surround that one kid after going through a maze of sewers, but nope. It could have had zombies biting him all over and with penny munching from somewhere too.

>Something you underage simple minded faggots don't understand, is that when you watch a movie you have to see it from the perspective of the audience at the time that the movie was released.

You mean the time where horror was a full on established genre?

I saw the movie when I was 8. Didn't even flinch. Saw the Exorcist when I was 10 and had nightmares for months

You just added features and youre calling it overdesigned
Just say you dont like it
You dont need buzzwords to support your argument