What killed science? It feels like modern science is a shell of what it used to be...

What killed science? It feels like modern science is a shell of what it used to be. Now it's made up of comedians and tv personalities on twitter that talk about how right they are and forces people to accept their ideology without considering what if they are wrong.

What?

Pop science celebrities aren't 'running science' you mouthbreathers, you're just mad because they don't agree with your right wing identity politics faggottry.

It's partially political. Conservashits can't into Geology and Libtards can't into Biology.

Please, the existence of human races are a proven biological reality yet left wing picks like Bill Nye put their ideology before science.

If I had my way this faggot and smoke de grass tyson wold get a helicopter ride.p

Bruh my dad is a long time republican and he is a geologist and an environmentalist

I'm taking about stupid shit like this

>right wing identity politics

FUCKING LOL, MEXICO

Good thing Bill Nye isn't a scientist, and NDG hasn't contributed anything to science besides memes

Here is the core.

>I believe in evolution
>I also believe human intelligence and behavior are the only genetic traits in all of existence, to scale in exact tandem with all other members of a species globally out of some deity like entity of equality.

Creationism tier science.

Look up Replication Crisis.

We have become a post factual society. (((They))) trained the masses to believe everything they see on the news or their twitter feed. Now they flood us with a vast ocean of information, most of it irrelevant static, just noise. They pick specific pieces of it to focus on, and thus the masses focus on it and it becomes fact. They create whatever context they wish, and in doing so have successfully created the ultimate subversive system: they can literally manufacture reality.

When there is a room with blue walls and 100 people in the room and 99 of those people truly believe the walls are red, and they all operate under that belief as if it's a fact, the one person left over loses all power, despite being objectively right.
They don't have to brainwash the entire population, they only have to brainwash enough to make the rest irrelevant.

That's not true.

Pretty much this

Most of you are clearly not scientists (undergrads at best). You don't need to resort to debunked pseudoscience to justify your racism guys, it's pathetic. Try reading Putnam or something that hasn't been disproven many times.

Science is alive and well. Retard pandering is too. Don't conflate the two

>the existence of human races are a proven biological reality

Hahahaha, oh wow.
This is what Sup Forumsfags actually believe.

You're confusing (((science))) and science
Medicine takes race into account for example

I can't help but noticing how much worse pol gets when it gets more popular, you're a great example of that.

So care to make your case for racial sameness?

science is a sham
what's my evidence? donald trump

Must resist talking about space. This is your prison. Spend, consume etc...

Just look around you. This is the norm. None stop routine building nothing.

Race is a social construct, user. Now, you may think that this term is a tumblr buzzword, but if you can actually prove that 'races' are a biologically realistic depiction of the biodiversity of the human species you will be known as the one who managed to have every biological anthropology textbook rewritten.
Good luck with that.

>What killed science? It feels like modern science is a shell of what it used to be.

Moores law. It robbed a lot of the tech industries of any real innovation. It was just so easy to just roll out a new slightly faster version of the same CPU with a higher clock speed every few months. When you'd milked that design for all it was worth you just changed form factor. Planned obsolescence and OS bloat guaranteed sales. It enabled a lot of laziness on the part of software and hardware companies.

Moores law has reached it's end though.

The end of the cold war really also seems to have made people just stop trying. There was no real need to produce better weapons so the space programs lost a lot of funding and impetuous. Nuclear weapons put an end to conventional wars between major powers so military innovation has been somewhat stalled.

But things are changing. I think if we want to advance much further than we have we really need to innovate some new ideas and once we do there will be another gl9bal paradigm shift much like the advent of the internet.

A FUCKING LEAF fell for the bait

science only answers "how" things work, not "why" or why they are hear. Yet modern science tries to answer the "why", and not only tries but thinks it knows the why, and subsequently it becomes a sort of religion.

i would say people becoming dumber. Average murrikan now think high school math is some kind of superscience and it went so far that they see a guy with bachelor in mechanical engineering as "science" demigod. So when he is talking complete bullshit or some stuff they teach at high school, everybody is awestruck

Funny how a social construct can be detected through a blood test.

(Cntd)
This was never the sciences intention. And it's very bad that it has become such. Now everything gets chalked up to "science" and humans are so conditioned to believe and conform to their environment and think they know everything. Yeah I guess we're the age of"information" but it's really a bunch of people thinking they know so much about this and that, when what they know is actually something on a very superficial level. And in general this is also to blame with no one having any imagination or spirituality to them, at least in my age group 23-25.

I talked to an astronomer who said when he uses an example to explain something, that's only to explain. In fact the real math and equations take years to quantify and perfect yet it bothers him that some average joe will think he knows as much as a trained astronomer who has studied it all his life. And to think this came from giving an example to try and help him understand!!

What's also funny is you thinking that skin tone or a couple of genes makes you so different from another human being.
I understand that you did not get my point though, so I will put it in simpler words: 'Race' has no scientific impact whatsoever.

Plus. if it's so easy to define race, can you please explain pic related?

>Race is limited to skin tone.
Ever seen an albino nig?

What do you mean by "scientific impact" and when did I say race was easy to define?

And don't lie, you're redditor aren't you?

Never browsed reddit, never will. What I meant is that science, anthropology in particular, doesn't accept 'race' as a scientifically significant term. That means race has no biological meaning.

Of course race can't be defined easily, because there are no objective criteria that determine race.