Finally!

Finally!
Some new Providence news.

Nope, not a new solicit.
But Avatar has announced new variants for #11, not done by Jacen Burrows.
While Jacen Burrows has posted some insanely spoiler-iffic preview panels on his twitter.

Let's run through them here.

I like the execution of these.
While I don't think we needed non-Burrows art at all, it really does help emphasize the Burrows covers as "the real world".

While these are clearly based on the "fiction".

Now onto the spoileriffic panels.

...so, if anyone has been following Moore interviews, this basically means that the time skipping in 11 and 12 is confirmed.

And that's all folks.

#11 should be out next week.

wut

Have a bump, Dave.
What's the situation here? Unlimited hiatus works?

Thanks.

And probably.
I doubt we'll see #12 until March...if Avatar doesn't go belly up before then.

Old Ones have no need for linear time!

I know this one is Dunwhich Horror, Wilbur getting mauled trying to get the necronomicon, but this?

In a recent-ish interview Moore mentioned that he would be going into the effect of the Necronomicon on society, citing an incident in the 80's when the "Simon Necronomicon" was found at a murder scene.

I think that's what is going on there.

Ah, I see.

So I guess it might be something like the "Gull Ascending" chapter in From Hell? Dis gon be gud!

CMX says Dec 7th. But maybe that's only the digital version.

It has also been all but confirmed that #11 and #12 won't have commonplace journal entries.

Which makes sense if Robert Black has traversed into the realm of history. No longer being a present figure, but yet another in a long line - as implied by his use as a "Portrait Variant".

I'm most worried about how Moore/Burrows will handle the immense number of decades between #10 and Neonomicon. There's a lot of time there.

Yeah, the Century Variants also say December 7th.
So maybe it has slipped.

I know this one! It's what happened to the author of the Necronomicon.

They levels they worked at in this series still get me

Yeah, it's why I have to come to Sup Forums about this series. I am definitely missing a lot of the references.

so is this going to be about how every member of stella sapiente is neutralized after someone, perhaps the goverment, reads black's warnings in his journal?

I think it might be half that, but I think that it might also be shifting to how cults like the Dagon Cultists in Neonomicon might have been inspired.

Sonia Greene is on a cover for #11 so, it's going to be more thematic than focused I think.

Weird Detective crossover?

Bump

For reference, for those who haven't heard of them before, these are the fraudulent Necronomicons that Moore has spoken disdainfully of.

Red Hook is a story iirc, I'll have to check it out because I have no idea what's happening here

Something with Lillith and Suydam

Is there any page where you can view all of the variant covers for this? They seem amazing and I only noticed them now.

Check out the "Facts Concerning Providence" fan page

>I am definitely missing a lot of the references
I'm really hoping that once it's all out there will be a companion like for From Hell

>yfw the last issue of Providence is going to be Alan Moore's Necronomicon
>yfw the meaning of Alan Moore can be "dark-skinned noble"

I honestly wouldn't mind if the final complete edition is this huge tome of everything.

That would be rad.
I had this corny idea about how Providence should end, but now that time skips are confirmed, I'm way more interested.

Why do all Avatar press comics have that super-detailed shading? I remember Supergod, No Hero, Black Summer, Gravel, Uber, and Crossed all having this. Is it like a house style thing?

THE BLACK PHARAOH, man!

Yeah, I know.
Moore is playing 4D chess with Providence

Yes, it is.
Providence's regular art, by Burrows, really eschews the house style.

Thanks, the page is excellent

Oh hey, the Shoggoth rebellion.

That's not even half of them

I cant identify this ones
Anybody?

Red Hook
Unameable
Moon Bog
And either Providence #11 or #12