Batman is DC's most popular character

>Batman is DC's most popular character
>Batman is whored out and all his comics are in the Top 20 in sales
>Spider-man is Marvel's most popular character
>Any comic outside of ASM sells like shit

Why is this?

spiderman isnt edgy enough to carry more than 1 book. Miles sells good too but its never anything amazing

Barrier to entry. It's the same reason that DC has never had as much success with their other "families." It's stupid easy to come up with a street level vigilante character and slap a bat on their chest. It opens up lots of possibilities for side characters and expanded mini-universe. For every new spider character, you need to come up with some convoluted reason why they exist

Batman has a long reaching precedent for an extended cast and multiple books, so nostalgiafags eat up Batman, Robin, Batgirl, etc.

Peter's gimmick was watching him grow and up through the early 90's "other Spider books" meant "more Peter Parker." Therefore nostalgiafags don't care about Kaine and Miguel.

Spider-Man is like Marvel's Wonder Woman at this point, he's just an icon

Well this, and the fact that Batman (and the Bat-Family) has actually had a number of really popular runs over the past decade. You have Morrison and Snyder (despite Sup Forums's distaste for him, casuals love him) on the main bat books, plus the slew of amazing side bat titles during that 2009-2011 period. When was the last time Spidey had a widely celebrated run? He's not even king of his own Company anymore and is being replaced by [insert MCU character here].

Batman stuff is marketed towards edgelords and teenage normalfags.

Spidey stuff is mostly marketed toward kids with only the comics being for nerd teens and adults

But I grew up reading 80's and early 90's spider books and I care for both Kaine and Miguel.

Even more: I like them.

>t. Spiderfag

Marvel has never handled flagship characters well.
Ben Grimm, for example was hugely popular for decades and they just kind of let it fizzle out.

Blaming batman fans for Marvel's failure is just weird. I mean come on we've hada decade of Slott. I'd rather eat shit than read any more of that.

I still don't understand why he is still writing him.

Because they don't let other storylines develop if they don't make them instant cash. Spidey doesn't have the tradition as another user said, so you have to give it time.

Also, on the writers part, they should PROPERLY work around their other protagonist's casts. It seems like all they do is put a couple of new friends, a love interest, and an LGBTQQWWYGASHASJFYQWASFJH to bait progressive interest.

They should put the effort to get their own rogue galleries rather than one or two "arc" villains. If you manage to do THAT, you got a lasting story.

Of course I'm talking about Kaine and Miguel here, Miles is irredeemable.

Larry Lieber's written way more Spidey than Slott (newspaper strip)

Yeah he's replaced by some stupid nigger

>>Any comic outside of ASM sells like shit
except pic related
still marvels best selling female hero
eat a dick carol

which sells better than he does. makes ya think

>He's not even king of his own Company anymore and is being replaced by [insert MCU character here].

More like [insert group of MCU characters here], it's all about them precious Avengers in some hero vs hero event, while the actual individual titles are left for experimental shit, , like female Thor, Female black Iron Man, Black Captain America, and I think I remember an asian Hulk?

What they need to do is commit to their extended spider family, keep hammering them down with as high quality as they can until they become engraved in people's minds.

And good suits, get that shitty white crap off already Miguel.

Yeah but she's barely shown up in the past 6 years.

Well since now the Web Warriors are an established team she can visit in the main universe without much problem.

She lives in a dead universe

>What they need to do is commit to their extended spider family, keep hammering them down with as high quality as they can until they become engraved in people's minds.
What's the point? They're making way more money by focusing on Iron Man and the Avengers

>Listing Jessica as a spider-man
Why. They barely know each other.

Technically a totem.

Nope. She could go under the radar.

Welp, then she only happened to jon the main group at the start of Spiderverse because author wanted to?

Fucking hacks.

Still, removing her would mean also removing the symbiotes, and I kinda feel like they count, giant spider logos and use of webbings in mind.

Those are at least descendants, even if there are enough to form their own sub-group.

well if you look at almost any random month that's basically untrue

for example, October 2015 - yes, there was a Batman comic in the top 20 (and another at #21), but even though an entire series released that month (4 issues) only one issue managed to get high sales, and the rest barely scraped into the top 60; there are plenty of other months in which this is also true

unless you're counting titles which Batman also appears in that aren't named for him, in which case the definition is so broad as to be without merit

ASM sells pretty well; dollar-wise (and unit-wise, but not per-issue) it outsells Batman every month because it double-ships, but you're correct - Spider-Man titles other than ASM tend not to sell as well as ASM; while Batman's single monthly title is (usually) the #1 in sales, certainly if you strip out relaunch titles, gimmicks (like DKIII's ridiculous number of variants last November) and events

asking why is like asking why Batman sells better than almost any other Batman title - it just does, maybe fans consider it the core storyline and disregard others, who knows

the questions to ask here are:

>why can't Batman support double shipping, even though DC has double-shipped popular titles before?
>how routinely is there a Batman-titled glut in the top 20, and what is the average number of Batman titles in that space in an average month?

and i'm afraid you're going to have to do a lot of boring stats work to get those answers, but good news! DC probably can't be bothered either, so write it up professionally and sell it to them

and?
I love it when someone tosses out a random fact like it means something all on its own.,

>why can't Batman support double shipping, even though DC has double-shipped popular titles before?
But Batman sales have been holding steady, despite King's run being less praised than Snyders.

Silk is at least mid tier

I bow to the power of your digits.

Because Spiderman only plagiarizes Bats, its not on the same level

>Spaceknight
>trash
>PaToxin that low
kys

The suit is even high tier in my opinion, but the scarf ruins it

Bad writers all over the place.

>Black suit
>Mid tier

What does Dr. Octopus have to do with Mister Freeze? Kraven/Deadshot and Mysterio/Riddler also seem like a stretch.
Also I think Venom came before Bane.

Minimalism can only get you so far

>shitty tacticool venom in god tier
>symbiote costume spider-man not in god tier
>anti-venom not mid tier
goddamn faggot

>Also I think Venom came before Bane.
You are correct

RYV has potential to be a celebrated run