Historically speaking, what would have changed if Zuko had married Jin instead of Mai?

Historically speaking, what would have changed if Zuko had married Jin instead of Mai?

Would his foreign policy have been any different?
Would Republic City exist in the first place?
Would Korra have been less shit?

Better wife
Zuko's more well rested
Fire aristocracy would hate him for marrying a commoner
People in general would find the story appealing/touching
Ursa would adore her
MANY more kids

If you don't want to step on the comics' toes, you could always have them hook up after Zuko goes through all the EU fuss.

Nothing says he didn't, it's never revealed who his wife is IIRC.

Then again, I made the smart decision of deciding not to watch Korra, so I'm not entirely sure.

Stupid political suicide.

Mai is the daughter of an important noble that was head of a group that opposed Zuko. Apart from not bringing anything for being just a peasant, Jin might be victim of racism from the nationalistic FN at the time - that looked down even their own people born on the collonies - and would make the general populance think that Zuko just changed side because enemy pussy.

Also, you shippers/waifufags are fucking patethic, fuck off. There is already a Jin thread, why waste time making another one?

I love Jin & Jinko but I do agree it would have been a political disaster. Not even Mai wanted to handle all the palace intrigue stuff, at least comics wise. Any consessions Zuko gave to the EK would be viewed as Jin whispering in his ear or something.

Personality wise/emotionally probably a better match. Politically? Hope your spymaster has a high intrigue stat to stop assassination attempts.

>MANY more kids
That's a problem tho, one of those kids is bound to be the next Azula

But she'll get big tit genes to counteract the psycho genes.

>Bubble tea
Does this thing still exist? A few years ago shops popped up at every corner and vanished just as quickly

As a big breasted psycho I'm sure she'd fill plenty of people's fetishes.

there's still plenty of places which do it

I say have Zuko return to help Iroh with his tea shop for a month or two, in which they reunite and reconnect.
She probably would have finished her University studies at that point as well.

I don't know why people think that they would "automatically work". They knew nothing about each other, and had ONE date. How many people become soul mates with just ONE date?

I seriously don't believe that she could have taken all of his issues and past actions, and much less the pressure of marrying the Fire Lord and living on a murderous court with people who look her people down.

She liked the humble guy that worked on a tea shop and was victim of the Fire Nation - not Zuko, the heir of the Fire Lord.

Well, he would have married a prosittute.

His wife's son would not be related to him, most likely.

Azula was a result of her upbringing

Nothing would change.

People just can't seem to get over the fact the OMG SHE HAS BIG BOOBS.

If going by British Rules, A prince would have to step down from the crown to marry a peasant girl.

So he is no longer Firelord and they live happily ever after.

And a nice personality.

But this isn't Britain.

Izumi would have bigger tits.

Sure she was, Scrapper

No seriously, I'd say about 65% of Azula was her upbringing and environment, the other 35% was a genetic predisposition towards crazy resulting from a century long Fire Nation Royalty breeding program and regular monarchical inbreeding.

Hey, she's a whore, not a slut.

Ah, but what if he was spending time with his uncle at the tea shop, learning humility.

Plus, he's basically a victim too.

Realistically it would have been a political nightmare but since this is Bryke we're talking about then Jin would be super into charity and philantropy, with that plus her commoner upbringing would have earned her the love of the people from both the FN and the EK, Zuko benefiting greatly from it.

And yeah, like at least seven kids

I like Jin as a mother since it would end the cycle of bad parents in the FN royal lineage.

Zuko...how did you think running away was the best option here?

>big tit azula

Jin was probably Zuko's concubine anyway.

A better life than the Lower Ring probably.

Theoretical kid of Jin/Zuko by same artist.

Yeah, Jin would break the cycle, and I'm sure Ursa would be a better grandmother than mother w/o Ozai around.

>only seven kids
Her tits would get a little bit bigger with each new baby

No you stupid bastard.

I'm not Scrapper but Azula is not to blame for who she is.

the girls face looks a bit weird
almost like shes just a really small adult

As long as Korea exists.
I give it another month with all the shit going on.

>Mai is the daughter of an important noble that was head of a group that opposed Zuko
Mai is the daughter of a discredited traitor who has lost all support among the people. The most politically expedient thing to do is to execute that family.

He marries Mai, but there's nothing to say that he can't keep a harem.

Or go on holidays in Ba Sing Se to hook up with Jin in incognito.

Headcanon acquired. And its all I need.

What if he married Suki?

What if he did the right thing and just had a harem of EK girls? They clearly are the best.

>instead of Mai

there is any canonical proof of that ever happening?

Any woman who doesn't shoot fire=good.
Any man who isn't a water bender= good.

What the FUCK? Warnings, please! My kid walked in right as they held hands, now he's probably going to grow up to be a rapist

He's been crying for the last 30 minutes

Probably crying through his penis

All these people saying it would have been a political nightmare are discounting the fact that marrying an Earth woman could do wonders to mend the hostilities between the two nations.

True, but an Earth Noble might be more appropriate.
That said, there's not a ton of Earth nobility left, since the King took off.
Toph counts though

EARTH WOMBS FOR FIRE BABIES

I am okay with this path as well as Jin's.

kiln?

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

>wanting to marry the whore of ba sing se
even zuko had standards

Well she's a nonbender like Mai, so his firebending genes would fare well enough.

The Fire Nation would probably absorb the Kyoshi Warriors into its military completely as an elite royal guard unit, much like the Varangian Guard in the Eastern Roman Empire.

good meme bro

He'd be dead because Mai was the one keeping the Fire palace safe from assassins by hiring more guards and the Kyoshi Warriors to protect him.
Jin probably wouldn't have that level of foresight, so Zuko would die.
Also, he'd still only make one, nevessary heir because he'd be about as interested in her as he was Mai.

Let's get to the real meat and potatoes.
What if Zuko had married Aang?

There's a reason why Zuko's wife was never mentioned
Headcannons for everyone,
For the Jinfags, Sukifags, Maifags, hell, even Azula and Ursafags

Why they didn't do this shit in LoK?

They didn't reveal it because the comics were playing up Maiko relationship drama, even though it's obvious that Maiko is endgame.
That being said, Ursa's still the only one he's shown interest in.

Fire Lords hold so much power in the FN that they are probably allowed to do whatever the fuck they want.

They'd have to find some bitches to impregnate to carry on their lines, but otherwise there ain't a lot of shit anyone can do to stop the Fire Lord and Avatar.

We are talking about the same guy that has a squad of all female teenage bodyguards that watch him sleep and never did anything with them.

Then they get to share a den of concubines.
Repopulating airbenders is easier when you don't practice monogamy.

Zuko would still run the place.

Allowed to? Yes, but Zuko doesn't seem the type to.
I mean, Mai was confident enough in their relationship to fill the Palace with nubile, painted, teenage girls and Zuko barely noticed them.
The bot has too many Daddy/Mommy/Honor issues to care about that.

I mean, is there anything saying he couldn't have a harem? She could have pulled a Sarah and offered them up to him because they were having a hard time conceiving, then had the kids displaced when she got pregnant.

Not saying he couldn't, just that he wouldn't

Depends, I could see Mai convincing him that the FN needs a ruler and that he should find a woman who can produce an heir if she can't, otherwise it leaves the door open for Azula to sweep in with her own kid. Then again I'm just bullshitting ways for Zuko to have a harem/mistress while still kinda being in character.

>it would end the cycle of bad parents in the FN royal lineage.
Iroh was pretty decent, not his fault that his son had to fight in the war instead of sitting on his ass in a palace like Ozai.

And I think that Zuko will be a great dad.

Nope. Of course, after some of those comics, the candidate could be Suki.

It's probably Mai though. But so far nobody's confirmed.

If Suki was endgame then Izumi would be way better looking.

Ursula was not blood related though, that'd get rid of most of the inbreeding risks right there.

Only cause Tai Li made sure he stayed asleep on the nights when they guarded him inside his room. Zuko always wondered why the girls never asked for any payment beyond expenses. He didn't realize he was actually paying them quite thoroughly.

Unless they were already pretty inbred before, but they probably took in some new blood every third generation to bring things back down.

Thanks to the comics, what's really creepy is that Azula comes back... and she's totally agreeing with Mai. Of course, she has a proposal that lets everybody win there, and ensures the noble blood of the child...

It's not like she didn't consider fucking her brother back when she still hated him. It'd be even easier for her now and it'd probably be good for him to work some of the shit she put in there back in the day out of his system.

That's what his Mom is for

Unortunately the pointy chin of his daughter points towards Mai being the mom.

Shut the fuck up that did not happen.

She looks like Zuko's daughter more than anything. The rest could just be assumption. I mean I know it's Mai, but the fact they haven't revealed that already is odd unless they at least wanted to keep some options open.

Of course, there's always the desperation ships. Mai died giving birth to Izumi and he spent the rest of his time with your Waifu here.

Harem nigga, have her be part of his royal harem and teach the girls about pleasing a Firelord, because you know Ozai/Azulong made her learn that.

I think her looks rule out Jin and Suki but not Azula or Ursa

So you didn't see any sexual tension here? Cause Grey Delise sure seemed to be playing it like that. Also who the fuck wears a robe to bed? Those things are notoriously bad at staying on if your not standing up. She was expecting company.

Kids show rules out Azula and Ursa

>tophxzuko
I feel like this would end in pegging

It doesn't matter what Grey tried to do, the creative intent Bryke had was Azula intimidating Zuko not to indulge your sick fantasies.

Zuko's upbringing was way worse, but he got redeemed.

DON'T ENGAGE IT YOU FOOL!

yeah but Azula talks like that in basically any one-to-one conversation

Bullshit Zuko had help, Azula had nobody.

I don't care much for who Zuko ended up with, but he better damn well pay back Song for that Ostrich horse.

Grey just matched the visuals. That bitch was being seductive. Poorly, but we established multiple times in the cartoon that Azula only knows how to deal with people if she's manipulating them.

But seriously, the voice ignored, she was waiting for him to come to her that night. And Bryke are the ones who decided it was all done at night. They could have chosen to have Zuko confront Azula in the morning when she is having breakfast, or earlier in the evening, say, right after his meeting with Ozai which would have been more normal but no… he comes to her at night, when she is in bed, wearing a robe, with her hair not all the way up but still put together so it wouldn't be a mess, awake waiting for Zuko. I think Byrke knew what they were doing and had no disagreements with the way Grey made her lines. Nor how her eyes were drawn.

Usually not while flashing her cleavage though.

The only reason why you saw it in a sexual light is because your mind is too fucked up to consider it was anything other than her just fucking with Zuko.

because her usual clothing is combat wear and that tends not to show too much skin

I like to think that after Zuko became firelord he sent expensive yet thoughtful gifts to all the people who helped him on his travels

Seriously, what girl sleeps in a robe? Or waits for her brother in one? I'm a little fucked but so were the makers.

>Crazy sister making sex eyes at you
>Not fucking with your head
Their not mutually exclusive, it's probably a multi-level thing, they know the kids are only going to be able to see manipulation/Azula fucking with his head, but the adults can see the the sexual undertones mixed in.

Those aren't sex eyes those are snake eyes. she is fucking with his mind not by her body but with her words.

I think it'd be more in-character if he spent his first few years as Fire Lord distracted by the responsibilites of ruling, but then something reminds him off the various people he hurt during his chase for the Avatar and he starts obsessing about making it up to them.

Again, not mutually exclusive, if you completely discount any possible sexual undertones, then yes they are just snake eyes. If you acknowledge that sexual undertones could possible be seen to exist, then those being "fuck me" eyes becomes a viable alternative.

Again you are trying to assign an adult motif to a 14 year old girl.