What are some animated movies and shows that will make me feel depressed as hell?

What are some animated movies and shows that will make me feel depressed as hell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you want it.

shit I should've written what I've already seen in my original post
for shows I've seen bojack horseman and moral orel before. the only western animated movies I've seen that were consistently depressing are it's such a beautiful day, when the wind blows, and the plague dogs. so just assume I haven't seen anything outside of these things
I just finished watching that, actually
season four when?

Watch something like Minions or TTG and be depressed at the state of the animation industry

kek

If you don't mind weeb shit, Texhnolyze is by far the bleakest animated show ever made.

Also try: Oseam, When the Wind Blows, The Triplets of Belleville, Sky Crawlers, Grave of the Fireflies.

My 2 cents:
watership down
when the wind blows

If you guys are incluiding anime, I would say "Belladonna of sadness".

Yes, japs hare tons of depressive animated shit arround.

makoto shinkai is becoming the king of bittersweet animation

Mary and Max.

Casshern Sins, I feel, beat out Texhnolyze.

Also, not exactly depressing, but Ergo Proxy is melancholy distilled.

I found it quite hard to watch not due to the content, but due to the animation being limited to the point of being nonexistent.

Casshern Sins has some campiness left from the original that doesn't let it slide into complete bleakness. And it ends on a somewhat positive note, not with literally every living being either dead or completely devoid of any will to live

Now And Then, Here And There is basically the go-to anime for "oh, you were going to have a pleasant day today? There's been a change of plans"

Anohana fucked me up just a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

also that animated series of stories about the people that died in the twin towers with that one guy who lost the only good thing in his life

fly on, little bro. You belong to the sky now.

Is that the one about the little girl and her bear who goes out into the world and has one nervous breakdown after another? Cause that's a great day ruiner too