Black Bolt ongoing announced

>Hot on the heels of yesterday’s announcement of a new ongoing series starring the Inhuman Royal Family, Marvel has announced that the Inhuman king Black Bolt will soon get his very first ongoing series. The new “Black Bolt” ongoing, which was announced via io9, will be written by novelist Saladin Ahmed (“The Crescent Moon Kingdoms”) and featuring art by Christian Ward (“The Ultimates”).
>cbr.com/marvel-announces-black-bolt-ongoing-as-part-of-expanding-inhumans-line/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/yzFXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ahmed

>novelist
Every time.

Are we now going to get 1 new inhuman book a day for this week ?

He's a novelist, not a YA author. Not the same thing at all. This guy actually has credentials for one.

>novelist
>Saladin Ahmed

Hahahaha. X-Fags are going to freak out. Resurrexion my ass. Perlmutter finished the X-Men.

Why? Marvel has ruined The Inhumans beyond repair.

Suuure.
B-but X-Men Gold and Wolverine of cover of Weapon X.

The man have been nominated for a Hugo and a Locus award.

No, user. There is no hope.

Hugo awards have been a joke for quite some time dude

>current Hugo
>Locus
So he writes crap scifi? Is he a Sad Puppy?

But his first name is one of the greatest military leaders of all time

B-but Generation X and Jubilee!

And?

The point is, you don't hire a car mechanic to fix your broken microwave. You should at LEAST train the car mechanic in microwave troubleshooting before you thrust them into the job.

DoA

So this book will be anti-Aryan propaganda, huh? Is Ike secretly at war with Unca Donald?

>Black Bolt ongoing with Christian Ward on art
Holy shit, I don't know this Ahmed guy but that sounds dope as fuck.

Indeed. Their books's sales are the lowest ever. X-franchise is dead.

RessureXIon is about repairing the near irreparable damage that damage Marvel has done to both brands.

B-but... uh... ehm... Iceman! Yeah, that's the reason to be hyped!
Pic related is the greatest love story ever told.

Dope cover though

>Christian Ward
>a sci fi novelist

cautious optimism.exe

>Pic related is the greatest love story ever told.
Mah conjunx endura.

I sure look forward towards Uncanny Inmutants after Resurxion.

>Black Bolt ongoing
>co-starring Crusher Creel
Huh.

>Ahmend
WE

Original sauce but I hesitate to post the full interview text here also partly because of literally who writer: archive.is/yzFXY

>Not called 'Nuff Said
Dropped

>Is he a Sad Puppy?
>Saladin Ahmed

>literally who writer
He's pretty well known if you read real books instead of retard-tier comic books.

Nobody that reads real books reads this shithead.

>pretty well known
Hi Ahmed! How is /lit/ treating you?

>y-you're just the guy we're mocking!!
Someone should come up with a name for this fallacy.

Fuck you guys, i have hope in the new x-men line of comics

>Christian Ward
HOLY FUCK YES
>Saladin Ahmed
Oh wow Marvel hired someone who wasn't white to write a white character, as in actual inclusivity as opposed to "diversity". Took there time as opposed to making an African American the only person allowed to write someones who's actually from Africa, which have completely different cultures but DEY GOT DAME SKIN COLOR THO, THATS ALL THAT MATTER

>*one google search later*
Oh. Shouldn't have got ahead of myself.

>>*one google search later*
Fuck off Leddit

It's his stage name.

Because you're a pathethic loyalist and a characterfag. They didn't even announce the creative teams and you already decided you'll like them.

>Muslim hipster
Stay away from Washington for the next four years.

>Black Bolt is a literal Hitler analogue
>Gets his own ongoing
>Let a mudslime start writing him

How did this get Bendis approval?

Yes user
Tons of novelists try their hand at comics

DCs done some too, for vertigo and their main line books

Isn't Christian Ward doing an indie with Fagtion? Fade out or something?

I mean at least you guys are being completely open about your bigotry.

A step in the right direction if anything.

Tom King was a novelist before he was a comic writer

>Tons of C-list novelists
ftfy

The Fade Out was by Brubaker and Phillips, nothing to do with Fraction.

As long as Kitty is alive, I doubt he gives a flying fuck.

And before that he was Claremont's assistant.

And he's mediocre so that doesn't help prove your point

ODY-C

It's kind of hard to have hope for it when we don't know who the creative teams are. Like, with Royals we know it has a 10/10 creative team so it'll probably be good. This has an amazing artist and a writer who is apperently good? I dunno, I've never read any of his books. At the very least, there's stuff to be hopeful for here.

The X-men part of RessurXion has a lot of books that I HOPE are good (mostly Cable, Generation-X and Gold), but the only things we know about them are the titles which is nowhere near enough to go off of to actually get hype.

If they give the X-men half as good of creative teams as they're giving the inhumans, then it'll be fantastic, but at this point, I'm still assuming that it's going to be Lemire and Hopeless running everything into the ground with a cavalcade of mediocre artists. They better announce creative teams soon though.

>assistant
Is that how they call them now?

>caring more about the writers and artists then the characters
why do you even comics

So does Ta-Nehesi Coates, and look where he's at now.

I did write "buttboy" before changing it to assistant.

>Royals we know it has a 10/10 creative team
Ewing pls

Shalom Ike!

Complete SHIT!!!!!

So no one who has Hugo has ever written shit stories or shit comics? Remember this a modern Inhumans comic it's already got a lot going against it, there's not much hope for anything good.

Probably. We're most likely going to get a nuhumans ongoing and an attilan ongoing at least. A fifth book seems like a bit much though. Maybe another solo.

>Marvel finally realised that if they want people to read about the Inhumans they need more than a marketing push and they need actual good creatives
Holy fuck finally

Remember when being a casual wasn't worn as a badge of honor around here?

Writing a critically acclaimed comic that's one of marvel's best sellers, especially in trade?

>actual good creatives
How many cents today?

Exactly.

>Black Bolt
>White

nani

>tokenism sells
YOU DON'T SAY?

Even if you put kirby / moore / morrison on inhumemes, people will still not want to read it

>Christian Ward
>Not good
Take your shit taste elsewhere.

>Christian Ward
Who? I'm afraid I'm too le mainstream to know.

so i guess you dont watch a tv show if the same writer or director didnt do it? you watch maybe 2 episodes a season?

Artist on ODY-C. Did a couple issues of Ultimates and is doing their covers for Ultimates^2.

He is white because else he wouldnt be called black cuck

>It's kind of hard to have hope for it when we don't know who the creative teams are.

I want to believe the X books were last minute additions in the wake of everyone complaining about IvX. The covers also consist of past covers molded together, something anyone can do in a few minutes.

How can he be good if he's working for Marvel? Even if he's done good stuff elsewhere, it's literally impossible for even the best writer/artist to make anything that isn't absolute ireedeemably unreadable SJW pandering garbage at Marvel.

in other words, literally who

You're literally proud of being a casual. Bravo.

good argument friend. ok replace tv show with cartoon show

They totally were. And didn't DC have bunch of announcements during that time?

>implying I watch cartoons
How about instead of talking about other mediums, we talk about comics. I imagine being a Sup Forumsfag, that must be difficult.

I'm really proud of nothing giving a fuck about a whatever artist. He ain't BWS, or Mignola

>ODY-C
>Ultimates
So he did nothing worth a shit.

>spoonfeed me i'm a faggot
"""no"""

>I only know 2 artists but I'm still going to find a way to feel superior on a comic board!

nice job. keep it up.

>Christian Ward has a meltdown in Sup Forums

I don't care about an opinion of a shithuman fan

Modern SF isn't andmore real books, than comics user.
It is all just entertainment.
Most people don't read at all.

>Most people don't read at all.
can't blame them. most of the modern books are crap
only classic literature matters

Lol you contrarians are so cute

He white.

But he a Muslim.

>you contrarians are strong and proud like Gaston
Oh, thanks.

When has Sup Forums even not been completely open about being the birthing place of alt-right loonies?

>contrarian
Basically "I Have No Argument And I Must Scream"
Also, have fun being a sheep.

I mean, what exactly is your argument?

>sheep
you need to work on your insults, this has gone out of style
you cuck

I read a Kirby inhumans book. i am all done with those other guys, though. Fuck them and there "if you don't like it you don't understand it," fans.

go back to Sup Forums