Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this? Is it that bad?

Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this? Is it that bad?

I watched up until the middle of S2, but it was pure shit then. The only good characters were the gay negro and the Cuban father.

>Usually, a show that returns from a midseason break, particularly after a climactic event, will see a bump in ratings. But last Sunday’s Fear the Walking Dead double-feature midseason premiere was actually a series low, with 2.14 million viewers, down from 2.4 million in the finale. This is a show that two years ago, with help from The Walking Dead, debuted to 10 million viewers and stayed above 6.5 for all of season

I see them cancelling it soon.

I actually is unironically that bad. The whole premise was that The Walking Dead focuses on the world post-apocalypse, and Fear was supposed to focus on the world mid-apocalypse, as society is falling. Then, they went ahead and did a "two weeks later" past that whole time period, and now all that's left is a copy of The Walking Dead with worse characters, worse plot, worse actors, and less budget. It's hilarious how hard they dropped the ball with this show.

The only impressive part of this show is that it somehow has characters even more dumb than The Walking Dead. It also felt like a bait and switch to me. It was sold as seeing the downfall but that only lasted a short while before it was typical Walking Dead tripe.

It's not like they can't try it again. TWD has been milking the exact same plot for its entire run.

Who is most based and why is it Daniel?

I like it a lot more than I like Regular The Walking Dead, that's for certain

I mean, they *could* try it, but this was them trying, and they failed miserably. From the direction the show has kept going, it's apparent they've yet to learn their lesson on why it's failing. So, I have no reason to believe that another attempt wouldn't be just as bad.

I was actually looking forward to the show because I wanted to see the outbreak happening, but then they fucking missed the entire thing.

Shit show.

>Then, they went ahead and did a "two weeks later" past that whole time period

That and the whole Negan not killing anyone until the season premiere was why I stopped watching.

>watch first episode
>mother gets SHITTED
>daughter gets BLACKED
Dropped

It should have been a mini series, or have each season being a different group trying to survive during the onset of the apocalypse.

I unironically think ftwd does a better job of world building compared to twd

It's strand

This. I dropped this after S1 it was so boring.

Original series is based on the characters. Mostly Rick and Negan. Also Daryl in the early seasons.

It has decent storylines, instead of just

>we've found a safe place
>oh no, zombies and/or other people
>no we're not safe and have to find a new safe place

on endless repeat like TWD. And the characters are distinct and recognisable, unlike TWDs cardboard cutouts with no personality.

Doesn't have enough little girls for Sup Forums to perv over.

The daughter's going out with a handsome white cowboy now tho

It's already too late, she's used goods

>we've found a safe place
>oh no, zombies and/or other people
>no we're not safe and have to find a new safe place

To be fair what the fuck else would you do after the zombie apocalypse? The setting just doesn't allow any interesting plotlines.

Alpha Centauri (the game) plotline, where humanity splits into factions and competing ideologies as they rebuild humanity.

But the writers are too dumb.

Ain't like you can be too picky after the apocalypse. What matters is she's alive and disease free

Fucking lmao. So what's left for the illustrious AMC? Obscurity?

Eh a Fallout or Mad Max tv show would be pretty cool I guess.

She burned coal before that you dumb fuck

We know. You feel that a white woman associating with a black man is a crime on par with rape and murder. Now back to your containment board

you're right I'm sorry

>black man
nigger*

yes.

Is there someone this bitch hasn`t backstabbed?

holy shit that's fucking stupid

>dood kill your dad XD
what a piece of shit

I want to cream in her pusy

I'm like a season and a half behind

I wish they had have just stuck with the campy boat arc and had a star trek-like formula.

Mexico looks smelly and is not an entertaining setting.

That said, all of the characters and actors on this show eclipse the main series, I don't understand why this just okay show is panned while the comically bad main series is a ratings monster.

this bitch fucks everyone in every show

If you're a coalburner you have zero value.

They made him gay?

they're doing that on small scales, large scales would take several more years if not an extra decade realistically
the Prison vs. Woodbury, the Prison vs. the Governor's rag-tag band, the whole Terminus thing (very different ideology from most people, at the very least in terms of its literalism), Alexandria interacting with various communities, the Saviors interacting with the same communities, plus smaller groups along the way, and almost all of them had internal struggles over leadership
it just feels less meaningful because most of the communities the main characters encounter are run by strongman types or people who are unhinged, but realistically those are the types that would form communities first after a cataclysmic event, along with people who were already leaders like what's-her-face senator lady and of course Rick himself

The characters got progressively worse. Strand was an interesting character until they turned him into a literal faggot who suddenly became (((cunning))) enough to get what he wanted. Daniel got saved by divine intervention twice because writing is hard. Killing Travis was retarded. Nick is just edgy. Alicia is incapable of seeing the bigger picture. Also they tried to be hehe so hipster :DD and make the bad guys more likable than the ranch people, but they are too shit to even do that.

season 3 > season 1 >>> season 2

Season 3 is surprisingly decent. I'm shocked they recovered after the tremendous failure of season 2.

tfw have 14 episodes to watch. Do I delete it?

It's like The Walking Dead only with dumber less likeable characters.

Yes
It's twd for mentally deficient yet socially conscious people

if this was a slightly different show they'd be setting up Daniel as a violence elemental or some shit
Strand is just a slimy bastard, they gave him a love interest to make him more relatable and give him a reason to go somewhere and want help
they probably made him gay because the actor is gay, and I'll admit that's dumb

its not popular so theres no point in hating it if normies don't watch it

I think both this and TWD are pretty awful but I do like Fear better.

They missed out on a golden opportunity. Fear should have been an anthology series with a new story about someone or something, going on sometime during the ZA. Every episode should be about different people, or at least every season like AHS.

>story of a high school cheerleader 2 days into the ZA, in texas
>next episode about North Korea or russia a few months into the ZA
>next episode about a lone man 20 years into the ZA living like a caveman
>easter eggs showing negan's skeleton holding lucille

I think I watched up until the end of season 2.

I stopped watching TWD so I didn't pick this back up either cause it was even worse. I only remember Stannis's son, the barber and the black guy. The young chick was hot but that was it.

Fucking this. I remember it was built up as being about the actual apocalypse, but it wasn't at all. You barely see anything, they hide in a shop and then it skips ahead a few weeks. You don't see any zombies, there is no danger or anything.

I have no idea why they went with such a weak premise, it just feels like a cheap show trying to cash in on TWD name. Why not make an anthology show or some shit? Every season is about a different survivor story before and during the outbreak?

Yes. It's literally a show you watch and wait till TWD is on sadly. Travis was becoming the best character on the show and they killed him off.

maybe people are watching football and thats why ratings are down?

it's kino as fuck, screw the haters

She is Alpha, it's her origin story

stopped after 2nd ep of 1st season.

Just gownloaded it. but watching vice principals first

this show is full of lovecraftian elements

I managed to get through the first season, then checked the ratings for the second season and they were consistently lower than the first season, so I had no reason to expect it to be better.

I did however see threads when it aired and the people in them seemed to be having a comfy time.

I doubted this at first but it is becoming more likely by the episode. I'm guessing she loses both of her kids and then reconnects with the crazy brother and they become Alpha and Beta. they were alluding to way too much with their weird relationship.

>TWD's producers further proving their audience is a bunch of zombies by making the same show with even less effort

Pretty kino

Season 2 was poopoo. They screw over a survivalist family, Madison manages to fuck over not one, not two but three survival groups with her usual antics, Nick masters the art of zombie survival out nowhere, the hispanic kid becomes an edgy school shooter and dies because of it, they all get captured by survivalists at the end. Oh, and Strand finds out that the military cartel grandpa is still alive and they overthrow a group that controls a dam. saved you 16 mediocre episodes. Start on season 3 it's been pretty good so far.

Surprisingly this show while still pretty mediocre is miles better than the main show. especially the current season. there is actual stakes and some amount of surprising plot elements. whereas the main show is a snoozer where you watch the first episode and then wait 14 episodes for them to actually have plot again in the finale.