What are some movies with some horrifying outcomes for characters...

What are some movies with some horrifying outcomes for characters? Not something generic like they get captured and tortured to death.
Like the Sarlacc pit from RotJ, but something we can see happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgA6VKUVRWY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should check out the Black Mirror Christmas special.

The Fly
No Country for Old Men
Fargo
Green Inferno
Watership Down
The Stand
Magnolia
Adaptation
400 Blows
Summer with Monika

Good suggestion, I saw that. The million+ years in isolation thing was creepy as fuck.

The Fly is one of my all-time favorite movies cause I'm always surprised at the amount of sympathy it elicits from me. The ending makes me feel so horrified, so physically sick, and it makes me cry, every time. Truly powerful

>No Country for Old Men
How?

What a load of shit

The 40 Year Old Virgin.

>settles for a roastie with a kid

Red state is worth a watch. And I fuckkng hate Kevin smith. Seriously though. It has some Waco, ruby ridge, west borough baptist church thing going on.

shit was orange slices in chocolate tho

Jurassic world

when the bitch gets swallowed alive by the plesiosaur

Done better in Anaconda

Will check it out

Who's Will? And why are you telling him what to do?

>no comma after "Will"
Come on, man.

>implying people still use direct address
I'm just trying to fit in with this degenerate society we've built

Drag me to hell.
That ending was a serious mind fuck

Not a film, but I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream takes the cake.

Moss gets murdered even through the series of gauntlets he overcame. His wife gets murdered because her husband didn't cow to the demon Chigurh, and Tom Bell recognizes that humanity is deteriorating and that his place place in society is forfeit because he isn't able to keep up with the new demons of the world.

That's what you consider a horrifying fate?

>not a film but
Then it doesn't belong. I mean come on.

The concept of hell is sort of cheating. Unimaginable torture for all eternity? How can anything even top that? Shame not many movies do Hell very well, but yeah, the ending was pretty fucked.
Got it on my "to read" list, my man. If you can slip me some other book suggestions on the sly, I think the Sup Forums buzzkills might miss them

I don't know about book suggestions, but don't look out your windows tonight

It's a movie that contradicts the expectation of goof vs. evil. It's a horrifying fate for humanity because it reflects an individuals inability change the course of their lives or reality even if their intention is a righteous one.

The Mouth of Madness
Re-Animator
Call of Cthulu
Black Mountain Side
Dark City
Midnight Meat Train.

I find that they all have really great lovecraftian themes.

>No country for old men

Not horrifying. But sad.

>Fargo

Not horrifying.

>Green Inferno

This meme-shit Cannibal Holocaust remake sucks.

>The Stand

The movie is a fucking laugh-track.

>Magnolia

Who?

>the rest

Are you even listening to OP at this point?

Tusk.

I know everyone hates it, but I found it terrifying.

Gee, how horrifying.

What's more horrifying than having the bad guys win?

>goof vs. evil

I recently read it and really enjoyed it. I wanted to share the experience.

The Diskworld series is a delightful read. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is on my list because the context blows me away.

Delete this

>goof vs evil.

Lmao

>having friends with a shared interest who you hang out with and put together costumes with
normies

Spoorloos
Buried
The Borderlands/Final Prayer

>The Diskworld series
Not exactly scary though, nowhere near the level of All Tomorrows

Ignoring it won't make it go away

I didn't catch that you meant scary. I thought you wanted recommendations in general. I can't think of any off the top of my head.
/x/ has some great creepypasta threads with short stories.

And he sells everything he loved to please her.

STOP

I wish ignoring the people parking at my apartment complex would make them go away. Hearing them talk outside my window really puts me on edge.

How has nobody recommended The Mist yet? Those scenes with the dude being a literal nest for the spider creatures is pretty fucking haunting

boo

What if you're into vore?

DCucks rule and Marvelets drool because Joss not my director Whedon will cuck JL and only based Zack will descend from heavon to save us and I highly recommend Nightfall by Isaac Asimov, it constructs a feeling of impending terror and claustrophobia with incredible precision and that's why Kevin Feige should castrate himself. I also think

if you're looking more for horror/disturbing, The Midnight Meat Machine by Clive Barker is weird but resonant with me in a way I can't explain. up his butt. And finally,

Brendan Fraser's DNA samples will [as far as body horror, even if you don't like weabooshit check out The Enigma of Amigara Fault, or Things That Drifted Ashore (both short mangas). I like them despite not being a fan of the genre. until his other testicle descends.

tl;dr sneed

kek whoops

Nigger I'll piss on you. I'll piss on you and I'll shit on you and I'll piss on you. Nigger I'll shit on you. I'll shit on you and I'll piss on you and I'll fuck your shit

the king kong creatures.

Coincidentally Tales from the darkside and TFTC bordello of blood had pretty dark endings too.
The artist didn't deserve it

Masterful post.

holy fuck

>midnight meat machine

>Magnolia
>Adaptation
What the fuck are you on about

>because he isn't able to keep up with the new demons of the world.
Did you not watch the last 5 minutes of the movie?

The point is that there aren't any "new" demons of the world.

It's the same shit as always, and thinking otherwise is vain and self-defeating

>ctrl f
>no 'the skin I live in'
Would highly recommend, it has the worst thing I have ever seen done to a main character.
Don't look up anything about the movie and keep in mind the movie changes pretty drastically about half way through

The Road, the basement people.

Are we counting existential horror? Because selling yourself out like he did is pretty horrific in that regard.

This is comedy, not horror. Its like a slightly more intelligent Adam Sandler movie. Lots of fart, piss, and shit jokes, and a lot of gay jokes. Pretty homophobic desu

dude you should totally watch IT or EVENT HORIZON
fucken jumpin out of my seat erry time bro, horrifyde for real :ooooo

>tfw I'm getting drawn into movie nights with a rich middle-aged swinger and he has both this and Caligula in his collection

>Brendan Fraser's DNA samples
Alimony: The greatest terror known to man.

Plague Dogs.

This.

Pretty much any movie where the character suffers a horrible fate lasting for eternity.

what was that one movie that ended with the main character just sort of trapped in his own little space, replaying his happy memories over and over?

Such as?

>replaying his happy memories over and over
That doesn't sound so bad

Dear Zachary made me physically ill from being so mad about what happens.

rick and morty

What do you think it was like for her in there?

Requiem for a Dream
except they were delusions as she got ECTd into a coma

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

No human centipede?

Hell.

Son of the Mask
A woman gets her head turned into a giant nose.
I had nightmares about that ever since.

Not seen that movie

don't post stupid shit like that ever again

Sup Forums

Drag Me To Hell

Run away!

You mean the movie the comment was in response to? thx senpai

Anomalies
Chained
I Saw the Devil

Yeah it's a good movie

I never understood the big deal behind that.
He wasn't the one being tortured, it was the egg.
>commit crime
>people created AI alter ego of me
>punish that instead of me
I didn't really get it. Unless I misunderstood what the eggs were.

The Skin I Live in

It's shown in the episode that these don't know they're actually artificial and can suffer. I suppose it comes down to whether they do suffer and their expressions are because of that, or they're merely emulating human behaviour and don't actually feel anything.
The horrifying aspect would be the former, that these beings come in to creation not knowing they're artificial, can feel, and is literally left to suffer for over 1 million years for something a human being did instead.

mission to mars lol

>Goof
Aahyuk

What about the cemetery man? The only upside is being able to repeatedly fuck the plant woman

>becoming a qt trap

that doesnt sound too bad

Berserk

The organ tree in autopsy
youtube.com/watch?v=xgA6VKUVRWY

>having eternity to know your flesh

I totally agree with the anons who feel using Hell is kind of cheating, but I liked how Hellraiser positioned its Cenobites not as torturers, but as explorers, of the senses.

Many find it painful. Others might like it. Like buttsecks.

Clive Barker actually returned to the series in recent years, but via the comics. They're like how the story should have unfolded after Hellraiser II.

clive barker is fucking brilliant

>deny poorfag loan extension
>lmao sending you to hell now
That was bullshit imo.

Alright, that was pretty fucked

That part I totally get.
I understand they can feel and suffer and what not.
It's the
>to suffer for over 1 million years for something a human being did instead.
>instead
part that bothered me.
>heh, your egg admitted to murder
>we are going to punish the egg and not you
The concept of being created just to suffer is pretty hardcore, though.
And on the topic of the thread, getting a global block would be fucking awful.

shit

Any lovecraftian eldreddit horror is quintessential mind-terror

>getting a global block would be fucking awful
Yeah, this would also suck, albeit significantly less. Also everyone could see you as a red outline, so everyone would know you were some fucked up person. Perhaps assume you're a pedo and attack you or something. But you'd also never be able to have any other human contact for the rest of your life.