It's hip to be square!

It's hip to be square!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IPBgUKGdYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Huey Lewis and the News! Great stuff! I just bought it on my way here - ya heard it?

what was that thing about Christian's bale beating on his mother and sister?

Hey now

Never - I mean I don't really like singers. I mean I like music, just uhh Huey's too black sounding for me.

nice trips

Huey is too black for me.

How about Friday?

No can do.

Face it bros

Paul Allen was the best.

Bale i mean bane i mean bateman shouldn't have killed him(in his head)

ITS HIP TO GET DUBS

do you mean square root?

Yeah, I liked Paul Allen but Batman just had to kill the Joker.

dub?

Is the book any good?

Better than the movie

But is it as powerful as the power of dubs?

You feel like that?

Is there a fan theory that has him as the Devil trying to goad Bateman into killing more people as his unwitting servant?

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when 'Sports' came out in '83, I think they really came into their own – both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this: 4!

Not to my knowledge. Though he does appear in a way in the book. While Patrick watches Bono at a U2 concert, he enters a sort of trance where he reaches out to him and turns into the devil, and says as much. So it could be possible.

How did you swing that?

Much better than the movie. And I fucking hate reading. It makes the film look like shit.

It's not as good as the movie, but it's still pretty great.

Heil Hitler, brother.

Bryce was the absolute best, though
>Plebs: Allen, Bateman
>Contrarians: Van Patten, Carruthers
>Patricians: Bryce
my digits confirm

>888

Impressive.

w e w

I enjoyed it, but don't read it unless you have a ton of patience.

The vibe is great, and the violence and torture is infinitely more gruesome than the movie. Seriously, some of the things he does are really fucking bad. It somehow manages to be pretty funny at times too, like how he talks to black people and his obsession with Trump.

I wouldn't recommend it, though, unless you're willing to sit through hundreds of pages describing brand names and clothing styles, as well as entire chapters of reviews of Huey Lewis, Phil Collins and Tina Turner. He also says "Hardbody" roughly 10000 times

>his obsession with Trump
Was he Colbert in the book?

>“Hey,” I say. “I’m fresh. The freshest, y’know… like, uh, def… the deffest.” I take a sip of champagne. “You know… def.” To prove this I spot a black guy with dreadlocks and I walk up to him and exclaim “Rasta Man!” and hold out my hand, anticipating a high-five. But the nigger just stands there.

Let's see Paul Allen's card.

you got dubs responding to my dubs
what a thread, 10/10
anyway, it's the height of the 80's decadence, and he reveres him and talks about him nonstop.
he also meets tom cruise in an elevator and mistakes what movies he's in, and he goes out to dinner at dorsia with his brother from The Rules of Attraction, which makes him extra mad because he can never swing a reservation there

Here, I'll check them for ya, buddy

>dubs galore itt
>but only paul allen got trips

he really has the best card

>unless you're willing to sit through hundreds of pages describing brand names and clothing styles, as well as entire chapters of reviews of Huey Lewis, Phil Collins and Tina Turner.

You must be nearly illiterate for this to even register as a negative point. The book isn't even 400 pages. It's very light reading.

impressive

Not that guy, but my copy is literally 399 pages. Close call...

Sorry I somehow hurt your feelings, faggot. I'm just telling most people I know get very bored very quickly reading the book because it begins with nothing but pages upon pages of brand names
I realize we're not discussing fine literature, that it's "Light Reading"

>pages of the book end in dubs
just like my post

no can do

>*shuffles his arms*
What did Paul Allen mean by this?

Holy fuck you're furious over a disagreement. Seek anger management therapy.

He meant GREAT sea urchin ceviche

i don't want dubs

Can I have them then?

Sure, test 'em out.

somebody took your dubs

You did.

Fuck.

M-MASAKA

I'm getting a reservation at dorsia tonight. Wanna join?

quote from the movie

I loved when he talks about the fucked up shit he did to evelyn, like sending her a box of flies andgiving her a chocolate coated urinal cake at a fine restaurant saying the chef made it specially for her

How'd you swing that?

It's very cool, Bateman, but that's nothing. Look at this

And I like to picture Reese Witherspoon eating it too.

nice

Guess its up 22 me

I can't tell you my secret. How's Cecile?

I'm glad this thread is still up

with dubs to spare

Hello dorsia? Making a reservation for dubs please.

I agree, Bryce was the only one who seemed like he had a semblance of a personality. 10/10 would do blow with in a bathroom stall

im tired i can't meme or get dubs

Sleep it off.

THIS IS DINER DRIVES IN A DINES AND IM HERE TODAY TO TAKE YOU TO A SPECIAL PLACE OVER IN FLAVOR TOWN!

don't worry, we'll get dubs in your place

Man, Huey Lewis was pretty cheesy and mediocre compared to most 80s pop acts and they're still far better than any current pop acts. Will we ever get to live in a world where people listen to quality white artists again as opposed to degenerate ethnic shit and vapid white teeny boppers/EDM?

ahem

>ethnic
Jesus user, what does THAT have to do with anything?

No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black sounding for me.

>Come on, Anons, there are a lot more important problems than dubs to worry about. We have to end sneedposting for one. And slow down the meme arms race, stop kafka and lovecraftian shitposts. We have to provide spoonfeedings for the newfags, and oppose Sup Forumsbait and promote less whitewashing, while also promoting equal film representation for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional meme values. Most importantly, we have to promote general movie discussion and less Rick and Morty watching in young people.

Here's some good stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=_IPBgUKGdYk

Everything you described sounds amazing

Fucking amazing.

Why does this keep getting posted

Because he's got a 8:30 res at Dorsia

It's a meme, like the entire movie.

close but no cigar

To prepare for this scene, Jared pumped his hands the whole day before the filming.

I'm with the other anons. Sounds dank

If "meme" is a compliment, then yes, the movie is a meme.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when "Sports" came out in '83, I think they really came into their own – both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this: 4!

Impressive. Most impressive.