Two hours of corny biblical symbolism and everyone being a dick to Jennifer Lawrence

Two hours of corny biblical symbolism and everyone being a dick to Jennifer Lawrence.

Thoughts?

self-indulgence, par the course for aronofsky I think. .owever, I couldn't help but be disappointed when I was spoiled on the ending sequences, that would've been great to watch in thw theater. I truly wasn't expecting tha

The lovecraftian tone was really all over the place

I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I think the main reason everyone doesn't like it is because they went in thinking it was going to be something different based on the trailer (like what happened with The Village by M. Night, even though that movie was bad in it's own right) I appreciate it's originality considering that's so hard to find in Hollywood these days, where everything is a sequal, capeshit, or based on a book.

The first 90 minutes of the film are great. In the last 30 minutes Aronofsky goes full retard and does nothing but beat the audience over the head with religious symbolism. It's a real shame he couldn't figure out how to properly end it, it could've been a masterpiece. 7/10

I loved the Wrestler, disliked Black Swan, hated the Fountain and Requiem, and had very mixed feelings on Noah. What would I think of this movie?

not enough quips, Transformers might be more your speed

I'm told The Wrestler is the least Aronofsky film of his.

Mother is the most Aronofsky of them all.

Needed more people being a dick to Jennifer Lawrence.

It's not as Aronofsky as Pi, but it's close.

Everyone in this thread is a brainlet, this is kino

I completely disagree. I loved the pacing of this film. The super sluggish build up the first two thirds of movie really help set up an atmosphere for the final moments. Almost as if you had to work for that ending.

So, what was the point of the movie? Why was God doing this to he?

I think the wrestler was his best movie, or at least his most restrained and focused. He made it a couple years after the Fountain had flopped bigtime and was humbled quite a bit

I would have gone to watch it if it had better actress than Jennifer the Bush Lawrence.

last 30 mins were how rapid humanity grew in population, destroying Mother! earth , she even makes a note b4 hand saying I guess I'll prep for the apocalypse

I am thinking of going to see this by myself because I don't wanna wait 3 months for HD download and also best be better to support film industry than download it.

What do?

DW: I will make sure to go to a 1:00 pm session so hopefully there won't be many in cinema.

Going to watch something like yourself? Why? It's garbage. Why would you do this to yourself? Where's your self respect? Where's your taste? Where's your- just get the fuck out you cunt.

The whole sequence leading starting with the 'fans' of the new book showing up to the door and ending with young Stifler's Mom going into labor was perfect.

Why is everybody focussing on the biblical symbolism? Because review and critics told you? Because it is the easiest way to interpret the movie?

The symbolism regarding creating art and the allegories how an artist is affected by his environment and an audience is much more obvious and at the same time much more interesting.

>Why is everybody focussing on the biblical symbolism?

Because if it isn't obvious to you by the time you walk out of the theater then you're brain-dead. You can make any sort of other interpretation but being a Biblical allegory is the clear one.

>support film industry

Go be a shill somewhere else

so what is really the reason people hate it? because it stars some crazy cunt who can't go five minutes without bitching about trump? because it triggers the soon-to-be-extinct atheists? or is it really just a terrible movie?

woah no need to bring politics onto this board

Sup Forums is that way -->

Are you me?

I agree with you 100% except I didn't see Noah (looked like blockbuster shit but idk)

Anyway I enjoyed mother very much so I'd say give it a shot

>everyone being a dick to Jennifer Lawrence

To be fair, she does deserve it.

>Movie flopped so hard it was only in my theater for a few days
>Meanwhile true kino like The Limehouse Golem is still playing weeks later
LMFAO

>I think the main reason everyone doesn't like it is because they went in thinking it was going to be something different based on the trailer
I never saw a trailer for it. It was fucking terrible completely of it's own merit.
>I appreciate it's originality considering that's so hard to find in Hollywood these days
Originality is not an automatically positive attribute. There are a lot of fucking terrible ideas that have never been made into movies because the people who came up with them said to themselves "That's a fucking terrible idea", which is what Aronofsky probably would have done if he didn't have his head ten feet up his own ass.

How is it garbage? It looks fucking amazing. I bet you are a capeshit fan you idiot.

I saw it this afternoon. It is pretentious, self indulgent garbage with laughably bad dialogue, incomprehensible character motivations, horrible acting by Lawrence, bland uninspired cinematography, pointless shock imagery that does nothing to further the plot and an ending so insultingly bad that people walked out of the theater I was in five minutes before the end credits because they couldn't be bothered to even see it through for that last bit.
I am telling you, for your own good and in no uncertain terms, don't go see this movie because you like the trailer. You will regret it.

Needed less people being Jennifer Lawrence

I dunno man but that sounds really epic.

>bland uninspired cinematography
I saw a clip of it on youtube and I loved how it was like you are watching the film through Jennifer's eyes when she's looking through the house in 1 scene or whatever is happening. Was cool how she turns her head fast and camera turns too.

I wish we got more movies like Elijah Wood's Maniac where it's POV.

you nailed it to the cross my man

>that scene with the baby

It has been a long time since I wanted to leap into the screen and start fucking people up, when she herself did it me and my brother fucking cheered

I'd see the movie. Definitely a cinematic experience, whether you end up liking the movie or not.