This is an 8/10 series that would be a 10/10 if it weren't for the female characters

This is an 8/10 series that would be a 10/10 if it weren't for the female characters

All they do is sow division between the actual interesting (male) characters, and bog down the drama in tedious sexual/domestic fucking shite that detracts from the actual drama of one of the most climactic and important decades in world history

I would much rather they had given more time to exploring the collapse of the Roman Republic and the political and military events that precipitated the rise of the Empire, than to a bunch of boring, cheating, ungrateful, slutty, irrelevant female side 'characters'

Based Atia not included

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AoqS6DzZcPE
youtube.com/watch?v=dSqHfAoE6q0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those are some of the best female characters ever. If they made it today they'd be black and marching with the men. Instead, the powerful females are manipulative, petty, and use their vagina to achieve their goals. Atia and Cleopatra, especially.
Best show ever.

"Do you like movies about Gladiators?"

Cleopatra was a p huge bitch IRL too. Seduced Antony in a bid to take over the known world

Honestly the hottest sex scene I've ever seen is when they pimped out that dumb daughter to based Pompey.

Not to mention that she otherwise only existed to be passed around.

I didn't even realize the Rome show is based on real events until Cesar got killed. I thought it was all made up like Spartacus.
Then I wiki'd it and Cesar got killed in Rome (same name as the show). Some of the characters from the show also existed irl but nobody can know for sure since a lot of time passed.

literally dropped this because of the sex/romance drama.

I don't watch a show about ancient rome to see people doing soap opera shit. I watch it because I want to see political intrigue and legions of soldiers in combat with gauls. And that's not what I was getting.

>A show makes realistic believable female characters
/tv complains

This, OP is complaining about nothing. If the show let the women do all this and get away scott free then it would be your typical modern show. But each action committed by the women in the show had consequences, often bigger consequences than Lucias or Pullo. Lucias' wife killed herself, Pullo's wife was poisoned, and that third bitch Pullo strangles like a champion. That last one is probably the best.

Who was Best Girl, and why was it Octavia?

Well yeah. I've dealt with enough of that bullshit in life. I don't want it in my entertainment, because it's not entertaining. Same reason I don't want to watch shit falling out of people's asses in movies.

It's degenerate, try hard hot garbage designed to attract the lowest common denominator through the use of gratuitous violence and sex.

Nobody reading this thread believe you deal with females in real life.

Watch the show again before talking shit about Atia of the Julii.

Someone didn't read the entire post

>Atia of the Julii

>made up like Spartacus
>some of the characters characters in the show were real
Are you baiting or are you genuinely fucking retarded? Spartacus was a real person and 99% of the characters from Rome were real people

>American education

based Octaviaposter

My bad, I get triggered when people talk shit about Rome. I was literally shaking while writing the reply.

Not going to sit here and try and argue the sincerity of my life experiences to some copypaste personality user but let's pretend that it's true and I haven't had any experience with women. Why would that cause me to enjoy realistic portrayals of women in fiction? Wouldn't I want unrealistic portrayals of them, referencing the founding culture of this website?

unironically retarded

hello roastie

I hate that brothel subplot so much i can't make myself rewatch the second season

they didnt even show that
they just had her presented

best girl was vorena the younger because she said nothing and wasn't a whore.

If thats not good enough it was Jocasta. She was actually funny and made Posca happy, even though he had a hand in her families murders

Based
Jocasta had a nice body but the mother of all butterfaces

>brothel subplot?

>you mean when vorenus was was collegia?

and ive seen the series several times and the show drags when they make the octavian switch

There is no way this series could possibly be a 10/10 when they had to rush season 2 after they ran out of budget. The fact that the only reason you think it is unworthy of a 10 is "da wimmenz" shows that you are a complete moron with no taste in shows who comes to Sup Forums to circlejerk about misogynistic bullshit. So fuck off.

best sex scene in the show was antony railing that shepherd girl outside the city, creampies her, slaps her ass, and roars.never to see her again.

I imagine a side plot where he knocked her up and she has to explain to her father her son is the son of marcus antonius...the marcus antonius

check out this pleb

I didn't even give a shit about the women. The Octavian character is what pissed me off the most.

> >you mean when vorenus was was collegia?
Don't remember the details. In other words when Vorenus basically became a thug and shagged that swarthy bitch.

they didn't run out of budget you stupid fucking faggot. they found out the show was being cancelled so they tried to condense 2 seasons into 1 so they could wrap shit up and give us closure. that's why there's so many time skips

ahh yea thats when it started to drag regarding those characters, the swarthy slit got passed around to pullo

TAKE THE FUCKING MONEY

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

Spartacus, Animeus, Crixus, Gannicus and Batiatus were all real too

It may blow your mind but Julius Caesar was actually a real person

It would be a 10/10 if it was about the late republic rome and ENDED with Caesar taking control of Rome with a hint of his assassination at the end, like the Sopranos. Caesar was the culmination of a shit ton of events, social changes, and political dickery.

Basically we need a Punic Wars series, is what i'm saying

Sulla would have been nice. i think they wanted to show the rise of Augustus tho. everything Caesar did and the results basically just taught Augustus that you can't just take total power all at once

Which is why you start with the punic wars, show how Rome went from this (flawed) republic to a nascent Empire, and end with Caesar's death.

Then you do a come back season or movie showing the Rise of Augustus

This music was GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=AoqS6DzZcPE

tfw no personal gracchus

youtube.com/watch?v=dSqHfAoE6q0

K I N O
I
N
O

I was about to downvote you OP, until you threw in that spoiler part about Atia.

top-tier waifu material desu

I didn't even know Rome was real until I passed 3rd grade geography.