ITT: BEST SIMPSONS OPENERS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xHXe5RL9bjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The one with feed and/ or seed.

thx for the bump babby

HAHAHAH

How much ice cream is in this picture?

that banned one where the teenagers kill the entire family got me right in the feels

sauce?

Two Scoops

FUCK

SNEEDROLLED

You clearly saw this posted in a specific thread earlier today and had to repost it here. I saw that thread too.

Reminder, these posts are considered rule violations.

based from that gif what state is Springfield from?

get out underage, you posted yourself twice

It's quite simple why this scene works so well and I'll explain to you why.

For starters, its use of the leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening, up to and including the revelation at the end that Homer was looking at the world through a filter of his own, doing what we all do - focusing on the polarized extremes and missing the whole truth.

For another, it takes the three principles of the show, and uses them to craft an allegorical tale stressing the importance of communication across cultural divides and the perils of succumbing to xenophobia, paranoia, and a biased media.

Lastly, it uses the characters of Sneed, Chuck, and Homer to represent different eras of myth in both pop culture and antiquity.

In essence, this scene takes what Lynch did with Twin Peaks, swaps the roles around a bit, and ties them more firmly to the modern geopolitical climate, all while doing honor to the history of television as a medium in general, and the history of Simpsons characters in particular.

Illinois

Nice, as many scoops as there are sexes. But you would have to add a lot more scoops to cover the number of genders, because there's more than two genders.

Kys

Why are you telling me this?

thx for the bump babby

youtube.com/watch?v=xHXe5RL9bjQ