/trek/

Post-Voyager edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Gp7Ovweotc
cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-mirror-universe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just migrate to the Orville thread

But the newest episode was garbage.

DS9 only switched to CG in season six, Voyager in season four.

Enterprise was the first show to have no practical models at all.

>Just migrate to the Orville thread

Because the Orville isn't a Star Trek series.
And from the looks of it.. it might only see one season after tonight's outing.
The divorce schtick and the plastic characters really don't appeal to me on any level.

Looking forward to watching more slimy Bajoran priests in this episode.

>some dumbass loses the thumbdrive with all the new FC ships
>Dominion War has to be fought with fleets of century-old Mirandas

whatever it was great

>Dominion War has to be fought with fleets of century-old Mirandas
Well, it was a war for the entire alpha quadrant, you don't think they'd be using every working vessel, even cargo drones and freighters, to take out those massive Jem'Hadar ships?
>Post-Voyager edition
The time-locked Virgin and the temporally fluid Chad.

Only one or two of the FC ships were lost, the rest like the Akira-class appear tons of times in DS9

*vomits all over your awful opinion*

id let her vomit all over me tbqh

That's actually a funny irony, it's kind of like the switch from film archiving to digital.

CG starship models should be limitless, you can literally do anything with them, make as many as you want, blow them up in a million ways, but a whole bunch of the CG assets have either ended up lost or unusable meaning they've had to be recreated more than the classic ship models needed to be rebuilt multiple times. The Excelsior master model lasted for nearly 20 years I think.

>more threadbare breakup and relationship material
>a very uninteresting secondary character has to 'take command' and be tough with her fellow officers
>more lame jokes (except for the Elvis Presley line)

The only part I thought was remotely interesting was the villains of the week's home world/zoo palace but the rest was really quite forced and hollow. If I were in a really good mood I'd say it wasn't bad but, yet again, very mediocre for a second week and I'm not even watching at this point for the characters, which is the main reason we should be watching.

Yes, the Klingons represent Drumpf supporters and they will be culled just like those dumb dumbs.

Remember when Seth apologists promised us that Seth wouldn't shove his politics into The Orville?

DUDE WEED LMAO

she looks like an okampa bajoran hybrid

If I remember right, one of the major reasons most of the First Class ships were rarely seen again was that they only created fairly low resolution models for most of them since they were background ships, except the Akira since that was the one that got a big glory shot alongside the Enterprise.

yeah, FUCK DRUMPF!

>Remember when Seth apologists promised us that Seth wouldn't shove his politics into The Orville?

As someone who didn't really like the second episode, this seems like a dumb thing to complain about.

Not that I'm for or against weed but it was like a 10 second part of the show. He didn't do a sidebar with real world examples like some shitshows out there.

weed isn't political. let me guess, you live in a red state.

This is husky Riker. He can't help eating so much. Say something nice about him.

CHOW DOWN BILLY!

Why does Picard's head looks smaller in the first seasons? Was it the camera?

I'm not seeing it but maybe it's because he had more hair on the sides so you less actual head.

Sisko uses the A-OK symbol here in S2E1.
That doesn't make him a white nationalist.

You like that shit don't you Will

His eating is underrated ASMR material

But user, that's pre-voyager.

Technically its both, their in the 25 or 26th century or something during that scene

>The Battle of Procyon V, fought in what was potentially the 26th century, was the final confrontation between the United Federation of Planets and the Sphere-Builders.

>Because the Orville isn't a Star Trek series.
bullshit
the latest episode even uses straight-up trek music

>But the newest episode was garbage.

a) it was gooc
b) 80% of Trek is garbage and you have to accept this even if you enjoy Trek

Orville is literally TNG

do you think he could eat this whole cake?

The next episode will be even more political. I hope you're ready to learn about gender, sex and sexuality.

(directed by Brannon Braga)

It's bad and it has it's own containment thread, please post about it there.

With no remorse

See here
Go use defaultTemplate.js somewhere else.

What was the deal with the gills on the Excelsior refit? Were they just abandoning the design lineage when nu-Ambassador turned into a giant Connie and pretending the B was the direct ancestor of the Galaxy Class?

Get some help, Billy!

What is the most lovecraftian star trek episode?

>Frame of Mind
>Silent Enemy

All I can think of off top.

>Scotty there when Kirk gets btfo
>When Scotty gets released from the pattern buffer on his rekt ship he asks if Kirk himself rescued him despite knowing he "died" years before he put himself in that state
Does not compute

Just finished it, it was good, don't know wtf people are bitching about

Is "get some help" the funniest thing to come out of /trek/ since fat Riker?

>Just finished it, it was good, don't know wtf people are bitching about

We have Orville threads, you're now just shitting up this thread to engineer consent.
Go to the Orville thread to discuss it and leave us be.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Don't get so triggered faggot, I'll post what I like where I like

>Don't get so triggered faggot, I'll post what I like where I like
>Don't get so triggered
>faggot

Think before you hit send. And if you won't honor board rules or etiquette, that is your right but it seems petty to say "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!" *snaps fingers*
Also, triggered is using words like you use.

Damn i thought i was the only one who thought this

>Promise she daent have a bomb in 'er drawers

kys triggered faggot

I'm a fan of WG~

>chakotay, my spirit animal, its coffee
man is janeway just a fucking psycho?

You pet your helper dog with those fingers?

The story I think was that when making the movie, the higher ups demanded an all-new Enterprise and didn't want Excelsior because it had been recycled too much from it's movie and TNG use.

The designers however really didn't want to contradict everything that had said Ent-B was an Excelsior so they pushed for adding enough to the design for it to pass as something new, and the hull change just happened to be convenient since it let them tear a chunk off the ship without damaging the original base model.

The original concept art for the scene would have busted up the model more

You just can't help yourself eh? You could have just ignored my post and gotten on with the thread, but no you had to sperg like the triggered faggot you are, good work kid.

lel

>murders Tuvix without a hint of remorse
>denies benign technology to the Kazon and various aliens despite them being at roughly similar technological levels
>violates the timeline to the point that it drives a temporal agent insane
>genocides the Borg
>intentionally stranded Voyager in the Delta Quadrant
Yeah

It looks like the only person triggered here is you. You could've stayed in your containment thread but you couldn't help yourself, could you?

whaddaya think?

Orville is closer to canon than STD, If STD will be discussed in these threads, Orville has a more legitimate claim to be included.

>name the new show as to be abbreviated STD
>it won't go viral

It's the patrician's fetish

youtube.com/watch?v=4Gp7Ovweotc

Sure thing triggy, and I haven't been in an orville thread yet, like I said I only just finished watching, literally posted that 10secs after the credits rolled, stay triggered faggot.

>Orville is closer to canon than STD
Stopped reading right there. Seriously, go suck Seth off somewhere else.

Go away troll.

>honor board rules or etiquette
you massive faggot, what the fuck makes you think you have any say in what the 'rules' are?

>you massive faggot, what the fuck makes you think you have any say in what the 'rules' are?
I don't set the rules, the mods do that. Go read 'em and stop talking like a 14 year old who smokes cigs behind the school

>plebbit spacing
>plebbit opinion
Every fucking time.

cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-mirror-universe/ BASED FRAKES

Sad, kys faggot

>closer to gene's original vision
>star trek alums working on the series behind and in front of the camera

CBS drones are absolutely seething right now

>tfw only two episodes in and The Orville is already the third best Trek series

We were having an okay Star Trek thread until the Orville crowd got angry.

The people who are for the Orville aren't even talking about why it's so good, which is a red flag for either bait or shills.

Orvillefags and Drumpfags both need to be gassed.

No we were having an ok trek thread until some fgt got triggered that people mentioned orville it was literally 3 posts out of 40, someone needs to learn to calm the fuck down.

That was clearly you, just look at the intense language you use in every single one of your posts, like a spiteful child.

Your posts are appalling, seek help.

>People who don't want to talk about non-Trek shows in Trek threads are CBS shills
>People who won't shut up about Seth MacFarlane aren't FOX shills
Really made me think

If you didn't vote for Hillary, you are not a true Star Trek fan.

Never even noticed how Dukat is in front of a blue screen with a fake background and chair in this shot.

That was a tight budget in early DS9

I posted one comment, and some faggot (you) freaked the fuck out, I wouldn't have posted a single thing about orville after that but then you came along sperging like a CBS shill, and here we are.

pic related

Enjoy the culling, Drumpftard!

Uniform still looked better than the first time we saw cardies though

? no I'm not a burger I don't care about your stupid politics, try again triggy.

>...so you see my 5 point tax plan is better policy than empty posturing towards building a space wall on the neutral zone border

It's DSC

No its not.

Would have meant acknowledging the silly helmets

Original Cardy uniforms looked like brown Mega Man.

PROMENADE

Are they weaponized? With the proper fit and padding you could lay somebody out with a head-butt

>...so you see my 5 point tax plan is better policy than empty posturing towards building a space wall on the neutral zone border

>It takes a village, my child, and we're all in this village together. That's why the Bajorans of Dahkur province will no longer be segregated to the upper corridor.

>It's time we start acknowledging the Dominion refugees across the wormhole.

Prophetic, no pun intended.

Why choose Cardassians as the enemy on DS9, their makeup costs must have been insane

>Mentally ill trannies are SEETHING that the stupid Mick from Family Guy made a better Trek series than their new multiracial non gender binary Trek show starring that ugly slut from The Walking Pleb

Never thought I'd say it but God bless that smarmy potatonigger.