Reminder that Buddhism is the most red-pilled religion. Reminder that everything is impermanent...

Reminder that Buddhism is the most red-pilled religion. Reminder that everything is impermanent. You will not live forever, and when you die, the only thing that will have mattered is how you took care of your mind.

Taoism is the logical conclusion of Buddhism though.

>73439 ▶
> (OP)
how

>devoting to yourself instead of God
>not doing anything to change your surroundings but accepting it

fuck of retard

buddhism has nothing to do with pol
absolutely nothing

>good goy be peaceful and ignore the power of the world

Why do you think liberal faggots love buddhism? They're too big of pussies to do something about jewish corruption.

> and when you die, the only thing that will have mattered is how you took care of your mind.
if im dead how does that matter?

>the only thing that will have mattered is how you took care of your mind.
Nothing really matters.
t. Buddha

>Change circumstances
>they change back
>change circumstances again
>they change back
>repeat cycle until old, frail, a life full of regrets
>die miserable, your mind seeking and searching for something it cant find

enjoy the samsaara

I used to listen to Buddhist mantras before falling asleep because they chilled me out

Then one night I had a dream I was on a snowy mountain, but I didn't feel cold at all. I was walking down the mountain and the mantra "om shanti shanti shanti om" was playing. I looked to the sky and saw all the stars and distant galaxies in clear vision.

It was really tight.

that's pretty cool

one time I was dreaming and I heard the mantra "om shanti shanti shanti om" and I came all over my mouth

>Reminder that Buddhism is the most red-pilled religion. Reminder that everything is impermanent. You will not live forever, and when you die, the only thing that will have mattered is how you took care of your mind.
My main problem with Buddhism is the insistence on spreading itself. If the Buddha had decided to not 'teach' others 'the way' I'd be much more appreciative.

Western buddhism, obsessed with the self and promoted by celebrity gurus is a perversion of the use of buddhist practices and beliefs.

At its core, buddhism is about practicing emotional regulation in the face of a turbulent life.

In other words, it is simply a tool, not a religion. It is a means not an end.

The west uses it for self-directed purposes. The purposes of buddhism in the west are inherently selfish.

Only buddhism practiced for the betterment of society is untainted. In the west, there is a crank ideology which says what is good for the individual is good for the community. This is the language of capitalism, but the language is filled with half-truths and inconsistencies. How are franchised corporations good for small towns filled with unemployed and destitute? How is the raping of the Appalachia by mining companies (polluting the water and ground with cancer causing materials, exploitation of the workers in the area) good for those in Appalachia? These inconsistencies are never resolved. And the decrease in price supposed by the free-marketers and franchise proponents have yet to materialize, possibly because the majority of the fruits of the labor done by Appalachians does not get passed onto the consumer at all, but rather to the institutional investor.

The westerner finds himself in an odd situation, where he cannot possibly act for the benefit of the community, and must spend all of his energy as a part of some group or collective, which acts on the behalf of those who fund the group and grow rich off of its exploits.

This is a perverted system, where men are turned into objects and ultimately dehumanized. When they are of no more use to the collective, they are given peanuts and left to die, old and alone in a nursing home, which they can barely afford. These are technically the lucky ones, who have enough to retire in the first place.

Buddhism cannot help us. All practices become distorted and perverted in this system.

Jerking off is ego pleasure and will distract you from nirvana

>religion free of semitic influence founded by a white aryan warlord
>not relevant on Sup Forums

same thing, except woke up and took a shit on the curb

>buddhism
>redpilled
I'm not 100% sure but I definitely cannot disagree

DELET

>and in the end....

Any form of nihilism, no matter how profound or enlightened, is absolute dog shit.

Buddhism is the most red-pilled IMO but posting obnoxiously about it doesn't convince anyone.

Its not though, they are completely different.

Buddhism doesn't advocate not taking any action to remedy problems. One of the core tenets of Buddhism is the 8-fold path which you are meant to always follow and included in that is always taking the right action and doing so with the right level of concentration and effort. If there is a problem that needs to be remedied its not in violation of Buddhist teaching to try to fix it.

Thats not always the form that Buddhism takes. Buddhists monks in Myanmar are physically removing kebab because they feel that the Muslim Rohingya are a threat to Buddhist Myanmar.

Because according to the Buddhist perspective there will continue to be existence and suffering will be experienced unless you can become enlightened and end the cycle. The ride doesn't end unless you take the initiative to get off it.

There is a type of Tibetian Buddhist Practice called dream yoga that involves using lucid dreaming to experience meditative and mystical states while dreaming.

Buddhism as a whole has way less of an emphasis on proselytizing then the 3 Abrahamic religions.

It's not a religion. It is a philosophy.

This

Bhuddist here, I want to say that the kind of western "Bhuddists" we see portrayed in the media and the type that the liberals pretend to be is pretty much a lesson in irony.

They seem different because you haven't completed your journey.

>devoting to something that might not even exist instead of devoting to the one thing you can say for sure exists

Came here to post something along these lines. Real Eastern Buddhists are kebab removers.

I'd like to have more threads about Bhuddism here. There was a straw poll on /his/ that suggested there are quite a few of us lurking

Abandon your heresy and follow Christ.

Or don't, its up to you.

In some cases that is true but its a huge and inaccurate generalization, there are tons of Asian and non-Asian Buddhists in the west that take it seriously and have a decent understanding of it and don't buy into the self-help books and celebrity speaking-circuit stuff.

In some ways that image is right but its also incorrect. Buddhism isn't nihilistic at all and its a misconception to think of it as such.

The standard misconception is "Buddhism is nihilistic because it preaches that life is suffering and that we must live an austere lifestyle in this life to end the cycle of suffering etc and that this is depressing and nihilistic to undergo."

That is a misconception because

1) In Buddhism it doesn't actually teach that life is this super super-negative thing full of suffering thats like a living hell, it teaches that there is just an inherent unsatisfactory-ness about it that means there can be no permanent happiness or satisfaction and there is always eventually going to be suffering and unhappiness at some point.

2) The second part of the misconception comes in when people think about following Buddhist practice and how they imagine it to be nihilistic. In fact the opposite is true. Following Buddhist practice is a liberating experience that allows you to feel blissful and equanimity all the time. All your negative emotions and stress just falls away and its like living in a paradise all the time if practiced enough, there is nothing nihilistic about it. Also, its not required to abandon your normal lifestyle to reach enlightenment. Its recommended to follow the Bhikku lifestyle but according to Buddha its still possible to become enlightened while living with your family and having a profession. So there is nothing negative or nihilistic about it, its a method for allowing you to experience bliss and no longer have unhappiness in your life.

There have been more and more threads about it in the past year compared the 4 or 5 years before that. There have always been more on /his/ and in particular /lit/ before /his/ existed.

At first everyone just posted about the stereotypes and how they hate western Buddhists but more and more people seem to be red-pilled about it even if they don't identify as belonging to it. Its something that offers useful lessons to everyone that can be followed by people of any religion.

You seem to have made the mistake of taking your personal experience and personal journey and assuming that you've stumbled on the ultimate truth that everyone else will eventually reach. That in itself is not a good sign so I would encourage some introspection on your behalf. Asserting that sort of stuff goes against the spirit of and the recommendations within the Tao Te Ching.

Daoism has some similarities to Buddhism but its a mistake the conclude it is the conclusion of Buddhism. I've studied Daoism and it is a very profound and beautiful concept but its an entirely different system of thought then Buddhism. When practiced they may both lead to bliss and relaxation and a calm mind but with Daoism it really just offers advice on how to reach that state of mind and says its good while with Buddhism there is a sophisticated and developed philosophy behind it that explains why its a good thing and offers detailed guides and advice on how to reach it.

Buddhism is incompatible with capitalism. Capitalism skims much of the energy released during the acts of self-preservation by every individual within the system, and allows an ownership class to gorge on it. This tax on spirit, industriousness and energy to make life better for a few is extremely anti-social, and robs the individual of the energy and opportunity to improve his immediate surroundings and communities. It creates pseudo-realities, divorced from anything rustic, organic and beautiful. It puts a person into a matrix from which he cannot escape.

Buddhism in the west offers an escape, but only for a little bit. Because the outside world is so ugly and fragmented (since individuals no longer serve their communities but rather their masters desire for more and more), the tendency is to use spiritual tools to try and heal the dissonance and depression caused by the system itself. Western buddhism is about placating the person who cannot articulate why he feels like life is not worth living, and who suffers the most from the perpetual enslavement to the abstract and phony ideals of capitalism, and to the profits of his masters. Capitalism of the west prevents community from forming entirely. Cut off from this, people retreat spiritually inwards, when in reality the answer is to form a community with those around you organically. Real buddhism fosters genuine community formation, organization and facilitation, as does genuine Christianity.

Modern christianity and buddhism are self-directed enterprises, as is everything in the modern capitalist system, where genuine, organic community formation is impossible, and crushed under the gigantic wheel of endless expansion of the dominance of just a few men, for whom every small community is a nuisance and a threat to their incredible narcissism and lack of empathy.

If you are a true buddhist, you do not own much property at all. Much less practice extortion, exploitation and usury on others.

Holy shit, man, this was a pretty good post.

You are making broad and inaccurate statements about Buddhism that have more to do with political ideology then Buddhism itself. Under certain circumstances and in certain locations the situation you describe could be taking place but I think its still inaccurate because there are many capitalist countries that for whatever reasons have gotten their laws and economy right so that most people feel satisfied and do not feel exploited and are happy to have the jobs they have.

Likewise, for some people Buddhism may seem like something to help them escape but for many others thats not what Buddhism is and it is instead something that helps them engage with life more and appreciate and enjoy it more.

Not all Buddhism and Buddhist/mediation organizations in the west is self-directed or self-oriented and I know that from personal experience.

Being materialistic indeed is in opposition to the recommendations in Buddhism but its not true that to be a true Buddhist you have to own little property. Buddha explicitly acknowledged that those who live the family life and have jobs can still reach enlightenment and effectively practice his teachings in that setting even if it wasn't an ideal of a setting as being a Bhikku.

If you want to talk about your theories about Buddhism and capitalism I have no issue with that but it would do you well to stop stating your ideas matter-of-factly as if its just the way things are because many would disagree with you and they are too broad statements that are full of too many generalizations to speak of in that manner anyway.

>103
You

Good

Fuck off.