Remember when Penn & Teller's Bullshit BTFO of liberals about Wal-Mart?

Remember when Penn & Teller's Bullshit BTFO of liberals about Wal-Mart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/thIlxChNYqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no i dont remember that

6' vs 5'11"

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation.

One of the best episodes in my opinion. The PETA one is also Kino.

A lot of people don't realize that Teller is actually of average height. Penn is just a giant.

*burp* remember when is the lowest form of *tiny burp* conver*urp*sation morty, you're an idiot if you use it,

>manlet making excuses
Everytime.

the fucking recycling episode really was interesting.

pic related reference

>it's a "Penn & Teller present a CATO institute shill as a source without disclosing that they themselves are members of CATO" episode

I vaguely remember it. I think the main point of it was that walmart gets shit on for being this giant mega evil corporation that kills local mom and pop stores, when its literally no ones fault but the people who shop there.
If you want to kill a walmart, just shop literally anywhere else. Support your local businesses.
Same thing happened when a Starbucks tried to move into my town.
They made the mistake of setting up shop across from this shitty looking little gas station, thinking they'd steal their customers. ...except the gas stations coffee tasted better, and was faaar cheaper.
Starbucks was gone by the end of the year, because everyone basically said "Fuck your shit, i'm shopping elsewhere."

If the show hadn't got canceled, they always said the final episode would have been "The Bullshit of Bullshit" where they would talk about the manipulative tactics they used to convince you that they're right.

How did they do that? And are we talking about wamart employees in America or the ones in China?

I don't get why people hate Walmart so much. They provide important drugs and medicine at fractions of the cost of other pharmacies. My friend needs special meds for a condition that Walmart sells for $5 while everyone else in the area charges $20-$30. Shouldn't liberals like cheap health costs?

found the racist

so what you're really saying is if you want to kill walmart you have to sell higher quality products at better prices.

>being so poor that 25 dollars makes a difference

They actually point out that conditions in sweat shops are better, and pay more than most other jobs these people could get.

>That obesity episode
>DUDE OBESITY ISN'T THAT BAD
>Penn gets bad blood pressure
>goes on a vegan diet to lose the weight
>went out of is way to make fun of vegans
What a joke

top kek
Why did he hate "Remember When" so much when he used it a lot too?

>$5 a week
>$1,300 in savings over the course of a year
>for low wage earner making the national minimum wage they have 10% more of their income to spend

Also
>he doesn't manage his money well
>tripfag
idiot.

but that benefits them not us

The problem is that Walmart sucks up business in the area, and a bunch low-lifes gather there. Then those workers need low income apartments built. Then the well off people in the area die or move away, because theres a bunch of low-lifes in the population suddenly. It's shit.

>sweatshops are great because the alternative is worse

A lot of it is also how they treat thier employees. When you hire in, no one gives a shit where you worked before, how much you made, or anything else. You're no longer a special snowflake, you're a faceless cog like everyone else.
This bothers a lot of people.
Some people think they deserve more days off, that being able to call in literally 8 days in a row without having to explain yourself isn't enough, or that being able to clock in 8 minutes late is too harsh.
Also it can feel like you're in high school again a lot of the time. Theres gossip, drama, workers and management - grown ass adults - literally acting like children because they heard someone on another shift got to do something special or got some special treat that they didn't.
Truth is, its not terrible. I've been there over 6 years now, and its pretty chill as fuck.
>tfw everyone leaves you alone in the photo lab

>>goes on a vegan diet
Not true.

Boycotting doesn't work.

>being able to call in literally 8 days in a row without having to explain yourself
>being able to clock in 8 minutes late

wtf. You can call in 4 times in a 6 month period or you get fired, and you can't clock in a minute later or early at my job....

They talked about how American Wal-Mart employees, as well as the communities that have Wal-Marts benefit greatly from the company.

At my store, you've got this 'point' system, you get 9 every 6 months.
One call in = one point.
Go home early or clock in late = half a point.
Somehow, people still manage to fuck this up, and think its too harsh.

Boycotting absolutely does work, the issue is that a lot of companies now are massive multinational organizations so its hard to organize a large enough group to punish them.

I loved Penn & Teller: Bullshit when I was like 13. When I grew up I realized their show was libertarian propaganda.

Still would like to see a new season though.

>A lot of people don't realize that Teller is actually of average height. Penn is just a giant.
This. When I went to Vegas and saw I was only an inch taller than Teller really made me feel like a turbomanlet

Everything is propaganda for something

compared to what? who would actually prefer walmart vs a bunch of locally owned stores

Walmart will get killed by Amazon anyways eventually. The only reason it exist is because of boomers and you cant be assed to order a certain item online.

pleb

yay an even bigger monopoly

I worked at WM during college and a shitty locally owned super market during high school.

WM was far better in every way, they paid more than minimum wage, they never called me to come in during hours I didn't work, (I would get called while in the middle of call in high school "Can you come in right now?" at that shitty place), and my managers understood what the fuck they were doing. The only people who hated it were generally lazy people who were upset being asked to work while at work. Cashiering was fun, I got to see all the stupid and crazy people while also meeting a lot of cool people.

As of the end of 2016, story policy was 3 points and the system boots you automatically. you get one point for not showing up at all, half a point for being late. Being late was not clocked in within 10 minutes of your scheduled start time. They also got upset if you clocked in too early as well

maybe it has changed.

That's exactly what a propagandaist would say.

Boycotting has never worked for anything besides new powerless products that stirred up controversy. You will never be able to boycott anything with power out of existence or into fundamentally changing how they operate. It's shilled as something viable because they know it is harmless.

Fool us is one of my favorite tv show.
Comfy af tbph

youtu.be/thIlxChNYqk

if people were running a local grocery store poorly, you could start your own and compete, whereas you can't with walmart

At my Walmart we were taught what all the local stores were and what they generally had. Walmart is good at having a general inventory but fails at specialty items. People really liked that I knew where to get their products, even if it was at another store.

I doubt it will ever die, but it will probably get bought out, and in a hundred years probably be reduced to a few hundred stores or so is particular areas.

so? that's a profit incentive for them to, people will think they should try walmart first and that if they cant find it they can ask. This gets them in the store which means they'll probably buy something, and makes it their first choice to shop.

The trick to competing with walmart is to have products they don't have. Have a wider range of healthy foods and fresh produce. There was a local grocery store across from my walmart that stayed alive solely because it had fresh fruit and veggies (ours were "fresh") and a larger volume of beer.

>the trick to competing with a company is to be in a market they have [completely] conquered yet
what do you think competing means?

>competing with walmart means destroying it

Are you retarded?

I meant they dont compete because they are in separate markets for the moment. It's like you're saying to compete with microsoft, the trick is to sell lemonade.

Me, because Wal-Mart has lower prices.

>tfw too smart to not be poor

I'm not poor, but I enjoy saving money. I don't really shop at Wal-Mart at all though. Amazon is where it's at.

but wouldn't it be better to have a larger middle class than lower class?

>AMAZON SHOULD BE BROKEN UP! A COMPANY SHOULDN'T GET THIS BIG! IT'S BAD FOR THE CONSUM...

I've always hated these faggot assholes. The Obesity episode was the fucking worst.
>fat people shouldn't try to lose weight because they're born fat, so it's ok!
>(proceed to show a fat guy beating a skinny guy in a running race)
>diet and exercise is bullshit!
Years later Penn gets so fucking fat this his doctor tells him to lose weight...and he does it through diet and exercise.

Amazon is just a well ran company and the only people that hate it are irrational liberals that hate anything richer than their imagined small Mom&Pops X store that sells everything for twice the price and deservedly goes out of business. They don't even have to have secret meetings with the US government to avoid fines and expand their influence like Google does.

wtf I love google/youtube/facebook/twitter etc censoring the internet now

Obviously you need to take any of the episodes not dealing with obvious bullshit with a grain of salt, but the shit like telepathic dolphins or pet psychics is pretty hilarious.

amm there are alternatives you know? they can't control the internet
also, who the fuck uses facebook but your aunt

What the fuck is the purpose of a point system with half points? It's like giving 8.8 on a 10 point scale instead of just using 88/100.

Remember when they claimed somatotypes were real and then Penn lost a shitload of weight?

The purpose of the show was to present different sides of popular opinions. I did not agree with all of their episodes, but the fact that a different opinion was allowed to be on television was a great achievement. Do you think they could have the 'climate change is bullshit' episode on air today?

>Goes on vegan diet

The dude had an actual fucking bacon party at one point. "Vegan" my ass.

by eating nothing but potatoes for a month

How about that new season of fool us though

This is EXACTLY how poor people think. You must still live at home faggot.

>The only people who hated it were generally lazy people who were upset being asked to work while at work.
They were black right?

You're an anti propogandist shill

>find the most batshit insane people alive to represent the opposing viewpoint
>now here's our accredited and esteemed colleague who won't get edited out of context
The show was fun, if you try to watch it as a legitimate documentary then you're missing the point.