ITT: Canonical atheists

ITT: Canonical atheists

Other urls found in this thread:

adherents.com/lit/comics/Batman.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At least recently, since writers equate atheism with edginess...

Does they use the "any sufficiently advanced science" chestnut to justify this despite the blatant magic users in the DCU?

There can be magic without a god. In fact, it'd be much easier to be atheist in a universe with something like Speed Force. It's clearly all powerful, omniscient, and has a will of its own, but is nothing like the christian god.

If Speed Force exists and can show itself in such obvious ways, why isn't God more proactive? If he does exist, he clearly doesn't care in the way other forces do, so why wosrship him? In fact, I'm surprised there's not a religion of speed or something like that.

But gods do exist in the DCU, from various theologies too. One of his teammates was birthed by one, assuming that origin is still canon for WW

Buddhism isn't the same as Atheism user, unless zombie Simpsons changed her again.

Lisa is whatever religion the episode plot calls for.

>atheist
>a the ist
>a the tis
>a the tsi
>a the sti
>a the sit

>atheist
>satheit
>sahteit
>shateit
>shatiet
>shaitet
>shiatet
>shitate
>shit ate
>ate shit

>lisa
>lsia
>slia
>sila
>sial
>sail

>Buddhism isn't the same as Atheism user
It's an atheistic religion, it has no god in it.

Buddha is a prophet hence, he is a god.

Prophets and godhood might not be mutually exclusive but that doesn't mean they are the same thing at all.

The key ones are; Has Cocotama taught you nothing?

How the hell did they sneak that into a kid's show?

So what does he think of Wonder woman or the Gods of her land?

wew

Buddha is himself a god.

Just because they say "this guy we worship was totes not a god" doesn't make their worship of him any less deific

They didn't, nothing was said about their religion other then they're not Jewish (they celebrate X-Mas)

>Cocotama
I looked that up and now I'm going to kick you in the balls.

>Just because they say "this guy we worship was totes not a god" doesn't make their worship of him any less deific
That is specifically what makes it not deific.

Didn't they ask Alex Hirsch a religion question on his Twitter once and he said "They don't have a religion, they're cartoons."

Laura Haruna is Catholic.

It was implied with Lisa
>My intelligence is both a blessing and a curse...though I believe in neither.

Buddhism is what she goes by.

What I don't get about Brian is he's met Jesus so many times yet he's still an atheist. Typical huh?

"Prophet" =/= god at all. A prophet is one sent to convey some truth; it doesn't even necessarily have a religious context.

I never got a real source on this, but isn't TLH based on Savino's own childhood in a large Catholic family?

>I never got a real source on this, but isn't TLH based on Savino's own childhood in a large Catholic family?
Yes.

There probaly is
Fucking kenyans man

They asked if the Pines were Jewish since Cuckboy himself is. For once in his creative life Cuckboy exercised both wisdom and restraint and said they're cartoons so they can be whatever the fuck religion kids want them to be.

He should have stayed dead. What a shit character he turned into.

Enough.

The Gems have their own god, Steven however has not bought up his religion but we know he follows a human religion.

I didn't know we are forced to believe on some entity and be into a crowds of religious people to be considered "normal" and not edgy.

you couldn't have gotten it any more wrong user

He is a Christian
adherents.com/lit/comics/Batman.html

i can't believe people petitioned to have this liberal cuck brought back to life.

Rick prayed to God when he thought he was about to die. He's totally one of those people who blabs about his atheism because he wants to be edgy, but secretly believes.

i have 2 friends who are like that

Nah, she's been pretty consistently Buddahist since she changed over. It's just hardly ever a factor in stories. She goes to church with the family but it was established in the episode where she converted that she's just doing it to keep up appearances.

>cuckboy

To clarify on the Buddhism thing, there are sects of Buddhism that implement supernatural claims about life and the afterlife, and do deify the Buddha. Most mainstream Buddhists read Buddhism as a philosophy of living and working with others, with no supernatural elements at all.

Theism is the belief in a god or gods, Atheism is simply the rejection of that claim. Atheists can still believe in the paranormal and aliens and even ghosts, they just don't believe in gods. Batman could see Ares or WWs entire supporting cast and make the assumption that they're just meta humans that inspired the Greeks thousands of years ago.

>reincarnation isn't supernatural

The Buddhist concept of reincarnation is not really the same thing as the western concept.

>If Speed Force exists and can show itself in such obvious ways, why isn't God more proactive? If he does exist, he clearly doesn't care in the way other forces do, so why wosrship him?

This is all adressed on Sandman/Lucifer.

I mean, on an old comic, the Providence literally gave Superman a super sword to save the day.

Yeah but most modern atheists in Western countries are materialists meaning they don't believe in any supernatural forces.

What Simson episode did Tommy appear in?

Rick is more of a (very cynical) agnostic than atheistic, honestly.

Already this is a religion thread, I want to ask: Is there any comic that goes into Superman's religious beliefs? Is he Christian, like you would expect by being raised on Kansas, or does he worship Rao and the Kryptonian gods?