You guys listen to any comic podcasts?

You guys listen to any comic podcasts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0mu03EkE_FA&t=6374s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ironically, their opinion on comics is the one thing I can't stand.

Generally, I find podcasts dedicated to things like that kind of obnoxious. I'd rather actually have a conversation with people about a show or a comic instead of listen to people have a conversation about a comic or movie.

Just like how I'd rather play a video game than watch someone else play one on twitch.

That said, I do check them out on occasion. I'm subscribed to Kevin Smith and listen to maybe every third or fourth one.

Comic Books Are Burning In Hell

I can't find any comic podcasts I like. I like movie, video game, and music podcasts but not anything else

James and Mason are good

He made Batman go pee pee in his tight little spandex.

This

God tier desu

I want to shove my dick in goat han solo.

Jay and miles x-plain the x-men the fantasticats the comic vine weekly podcast and the nerdsync podcast and of course the weekly planet

The fact that there are people who actually got upset and angry over this will never make me not laugh while shaking my head.

>Marc Bernardin

The epitome of a Disney shill.

GOAT banter.

Lost all cred when he said iron fist should be Asian.

Yeah, he lost me forever with that bullshit. Can't really take his opinion on anything seriously anymore.

Same

>Read only casual shit, some of them barely even read comics at all
>Make claims about comics as whole
>Throw a bitchfit when people correct their bullshit

They occasionally talk about Batman

He seems to hate literally anything that's not made under the Disney umbrella. He felates the MCU at any opportunity. The only reason he pretends to like the Flash and Supergirl is because Kevin Smith is working on the shows now. He hates Arrow and Gotham.

>He hates Arrow and Gotham.
And?

Arrow and Gotham are objectively better shows than Flash and Supergirl at this point.

ok.

This. I don't remember the episode, but they played some DC fighting game once and talked out their asses the whole time.
Pat is still best zaibatsu.

But he was the one telling Kevin to watch The Flash. The first appearance of King Shark was specifically what got Kevin interested in the show.

Animated Anarchy, Bancroft Brothers, Kyle & Luke Talk About Toons.

That shit was amazing when it was Kevin interviewing comic creators and others related to the comics industry. The Grant Morrison two parter is one of my favorite interviews ever. Now it's just two men jerking CW off for an hour each week.

Listened to DCR until they went on an indefinite hiatus earlier in the year. Now it's just Comics Conspiracy.

Anyone know any DC-centric podcasts?

Cool insider perspective from a small shop owner and his employees.

No thanks, Tucker

I just listened to Ryan's Off-Panel session, didn't know he had a podcast of his own

Do these fuckers count?

>you will never meet aliens that inform you on the secrets of the universe.

SBFcast have shit opinions about everything other than fighting games. They dont research shit and are overreactive emotional babies. They are super bad when it comes to movies and comics though.

No. They sound like a bunch of dudes talking about shit they just read online. Which you can recreate, for free, with a couple of friends.

In other words, that podcast is not entertaining, or exciting.

I used to listen to Fatman, and while the old interviews and stuff are great, when its just kevin and marc its fucking awful. They have terrible opinions and neither of them have any kind of creativity like the old comic book guests had. Like you can just hear it in the way O'Neil or Morrison talk v how Kevin Smith talks that they just think in a different way, a way that is more appealing to my sensibilities at least.
The one fan podcast I really love is Major Spoilers Podcast. The guys there really really know there shit, and Matthew on it is like the most comic knowledgable guy I know. They also aren't too SJWy, they like seeing more representation but dont think it should be forced, and surprisingly the one female one the show is the least SJW of the bunch.

>Izzy

Ew

I can't find anything recent for Fatman on Batman so I listen to Hollywood Babble On. They had Adam West, Burt Ward and Lee Merriweather on their the other day which was really neat.

I try to stomach The Weekly Pull but holy pretentious liberals Batman. They try so hard to be contrarian for the sake of "I'm a different more intellectual snowflake."

Talking anything Sup Forums is impossible to tolerate here let alone these bleeding heart, Internet generation nerd wannabes on YouTube.

Hollywood Babble On is even worse than Fatman on Batman, how can you stand that shit

This guy's pretty good, is basically Sup Forums in human form and spends most of the time getting angry at marvel. If you like watching rage it's amazing.

which guy?

The only one that is explicitly Sup Forums is The Power Records podcast which plays and then talks about the old Power Records comic audio dramas but there are a few that are tangentially Sup Forums related.

>"I'm a different more intellectual snowflake."
Is there a different The Weekly Pull that I'm not aware of? If anything they're all too casual.

This guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=0mu03EkE_FA&t=6374s

I miss Ken. I haven't listened to it in a while since they just discussed thing Sup Forums already knows about for the last eight or so episodes, but Ken's absence was tough to fill.

The fact that Pat loved Luthor due to ASS just make him the basedest member ever.
fuck superman.

Kevin Smith is feigning enthusiasm for the DCEU right?

The ComicPop guy I can understand being called pretentious and contrarian, he drags nearly everything he chimes in on down and is only saved by his cast, but how is Faust casual?

I listen to War rocket Ajax which Sup Forums would probably hate and Image's official podcast

How the fuck is Sal pretentious and contrarian? He's always seemed to have pretty standard tastes to me.

This dude is great. He's yelling at the top of his lungs about all the Spider-Men and I'm loving the shit out of it.

His whole rant on X-men and cyclops sold me on him. Then I went and watched his other episodes immediately.

dude, please. he is always begging for a bone, any bone. he was a marvel shill when the time was right... according to him Cw was the citizen kane of comic book movies. now he is brown nosing for Dc. have some shame smith

I like Sal and the gang, they usually have pretty standard opinions I can compare mine too and I love that they have shithead guests on sometimes so that I can see what bullshit sounds like.

I used to listen Comicbookcast a lot but I could never handle Armin's autism. Matt is kinda cool I guess. He browses here.

Seconding this. The Panelcast is great.

I used to listen to IGNs comics podcast and it was okay. That was close to 10 years ago though. Damn podcasts ahve been a thing for a long time. So long that their name derives from a thing that was once so ubiquitous and amazing but is now obsolete. Time keeps on slippin...

there is a god tier podcast in portuguese that is called Comicpod, they do great stuff.

Every Frame A Painting. Only one I found that actually talks about comic craft instead of babbling about cape characters and their movie versions.

No Apologies Podcast. THe best non PC podcast

Tom King was a host on there before he started getting DC work and Nick Pitarra for a second

>Kevin "my wife p0wns my dick" Smith
>having any shame
No

Yeah you will, man, go to Kathmandu. Were you even listening?

The Procrastinators (Digibro and a bunch of nobodies in the channel from that link) suck his dick all day, saying that he's a genius, but he's really only good when it comes to comics and to see him rage out about random shit.

He's got like 10 channels for different shit, even MLP, and occasionally he puts out something decent (like the BvS review or the one about Trump winning), but for the most part it's dumb crap. Just check the panelcast, that's reliable to be good.

As much as I love them, I have to agree. It's fine if you stick to reading what interests you but they only wait for trades and generally have pretty casual tastes. Plus, Matt seems to think Bendis is still a good writer.

I used to listen to House to Astonish, a couple british guys talking about comic news and obscure characters, but at some point they went full SJW and I stopped listening.

I mean, it's their opinion and I can live with that, but they're bland enough as it is, I don't need to listen to them shitting on Frank Cho, or whatever other artist is on trial for drawing tits this week, every episode.

Matt has the WORST taste in comics.

He's supposedly all about Punisher, but all he ever seems to care about is the dumb EXTREME bullshit. Then he'll go on and on about how great Spider-Woman is.

>Morrison's "Daddy Hart" story

Jesus christ.

I listen to Weird Science, but they're much much longer than DCR (like hours long) and they go off topic a lot, so I don't know if you'd like that.

this Podcast is fucking shit

>Tom King was a host on there
Well this I gotta hear

I'm gonna cheat, because they're not really a podcast (but hey, someone in this thread was recommending Every Frame A Painting, so what), but Midnight's Edge on YT is pretty good. They actually talk about movies rather than comics, but they've done amazing reviews and analysis about the stuff behind the scenes of the DCU, Fox, Sony and MCU movies and shows, and they're always updating with reliable information about the development of upcoming comic movies.

SILENCE and House to Astonish are the only two decent ones I know of.

I really can't stand fanboy drivel and while Al from HtA is a pretty hardcore X-fag he clearly still has taste and healthy cynicism.

Even as someone who has never cared about the X-Men, X-threads here are some of the comfiest and most interesting on the board, and HtA feels like two guys straight out of those threads.

i only listen to Mike and Tom Eat Snacks which isnt technically Sup Forums but based tom cavanaugh is in it and its great

Nah he likes marvel but has to brown nose dc cuz they give him work

Is that the one with ralph garmen because that dude was much funnier than shity ass bernardin

The best one I've found is Deconstructing Comics. It's more for the indi fan but it's incredibly indepth. It not usually about characters but instead about the medium itself. He talks to creators and teachers to really get into the complexities of the medium. Like one episode he talks to a teacher about the geometry of comics for an hour.

Sal is the only tolerable one in the group except when it's a Tiff episode. I want to stick my tongue in her mouth

Yeah, the interviews are actually what got me into reading comics, so it pains me to see a new episode of the podcast come out and its about the Ghostbusters remake or some shit.

Nigga, like I can just go to Kathmandu whenever I feel like it.