Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that in the original plans for the prequels, which were changed later on

>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that in the original plans for the prequels, which were changed later on...

>The Clone Wars took place ~35-40 years ago rather than 19-22
>Sheev was the "President of the Senate" rather than "Supreme Chancellor", and would play the role of the ineffectual figurehead for the truly powerful elites
>The Clone Wars occurred *before* Sheev's presidency, and were one of the failings of the Old Republic that swept him into power on a reformist agenda, turning the Republic into an Empire.
>The Jedi Purge/Anakin's turn to the dark side was meant to occur some time after the Clone wars, not immediately after, with Sheev having lured people into a false sense of peace and security before starting to kill off the Jedi.
>Padme died when Leia was around 4 years old rather than a few seconds old, hence why she would remember her vaguely.
>The Jedi were supposed to be extinct for considerably more than 19 years. Originally Han and the young Imperial officer would refer to the Force/Jedi as "sorcery" or "myth" because they were too young to remember us, but now that the prequels timeline makes it so Han was 10 when we died, he should vividly remember us, but doesn't.
>The Republic fought *against* an army of insane clones, created by "Clone Master" Atha Prime on the planet Cartao with Spaarti cloning cylinders, rather than *alongside* a Maori clone army who were created on the planet Kamino by long-necked albinos with Kaminoian cylinders.
>Anakin was taken into the Jedi Order at around age ~15, rather than age 9.
>I was originally 70 when I died and Ani would be 55, but thanks to George's new prequels timeline, I was 57 when I died and Ani was 45, even though most other 45 year olds don't look as bad as Sebastian Shaw.
>Boba Fett was a journeyman protector named "Jaster Mereel" from the planet Concord Dawn, rather than a clone of his "dad" Jango from Kamino.

bump

Jaster Mereel was a pretender in mandalorian armor and already an EU character before the the prequels were written

>Jaster Mereel was originally supposed to be the real name of Boba Fett. However, when Episode II stated that Boba was a clone of his "father" Jango Fett, Jaster Mereel was retconned into a separate character, Jango's mentor and predecessor as Mandalore. It was stated that Boba took the alias in honor of the real Jaster. It was also stated that there were many rumors concerning Boba Fett's identity due to the fact that most people in the galaxy knew very little about him, with Fett having deliberately spread some of them to throw others off his actual background.

what could have been

Fucktard, Boba having been Jaster Mereel was from an EU story; then was later retconned by another EU story; both literally fanfic that Lucas had nothing to do with. Same with Spaarti cloning cylinders. Neither would have been in his plans, since someone made those up. Posting your autistic pasta several times a day doesn't make your lies into the truth.

>people still defend Lucas
>people still defend Disney

Why can't the franchise just die and have everything besides the original Star Wars 1977 and Empire Strikes Back 1980 purged from existence?

You had to fucking remind me.

Luke calls the Emperor Palpatine in the novelization of RotJ. Does he act like an ineffectual figurehead? That may have been the case before '83, but Lucas wasn't even going to make more after that one. You're basically saying that he should've gone with all his pre-’77 ideas. Have you read the original draft of ESB? It's nothing like the finished movie. It's fucking terrible. The writer only got credit because she fucking died. Your pasta is bad, and you should feel bad.

Lucas never let on to what the Clone Wars was until he showed it. The insane clone stuff is from an EU author. LANDO was a clone in early drafts of ESB. Vader was a Dark Lord of the Sith in '77, but nobody even knew what that meant until the 90s. Zahn had a race called the Sith in Heir to the Empire, but Lucas said that isn't what a Sith is, and it was changed to Noghri.

Also, the Prologue to Star Wars novelization says Palpatine declared himself Emperor, then has a bit about "later Emperors".

>Neither would have been in his plans, since someone made those up
The Thrawn Trilogy's version of the Clone Wars isn't really a good example to use if you want to call of the EU backstory fanfiction. They were written at the start of Lucasfilm getting really into the EU, and Lucas had approval over the story, including nixing things he didn't agree with. The most famous example probably being the Noghri, who were originally supposed to be called the Sith, to explain Darth Vader's title; Lucas told Zahn to change that because he had other plans. Lucasfilm made prequel-era stories and information off-limits in general to most EU writers to avoid conflicts with Lucas, and only allowed things that Lucas approved of.

So Zahn may not have written exactly what Lucas had in mind about the Clone Wars, but the fact that Lucas let him publish it indicates he wasn't completely off. If he'd gotten something wrong, he would have had to change it. In either case, his books weren't treated as fanfic, and Lucas was involved with it.

it aint disney's fault. they've made the two best star wars movies since empire

This. Control yourself Disney shill.

OH GOD WHO THE FUCK EVEN CARES ABOUT THIS STUPID BULLSHIT

Zahn claims the dates for the Clone Wars in the books, i.e. they ended 35 years before A New Hope, were given to him by Lucas himself, but George decided to change the dates later when he was making the prequels.

(cont) I'm not sure if the clones being the bad guys in the Clone Wars was something Zahn made up, or if it was something George provided to Zahn, but again changed it later when making prequels.

lol

only Disney could make the prequels look better in comparison

But they are still both shit overall.

dogshit>prequels>disneywars

Lucas was only involved insofar as an employee of his read the books and required changes. I guarantee you Lucas never read them. A lot of the stuff Zahn built off of was West End Games materials that came out in the dead period when the only SW merch being produced anymore was D&D nerd shit. Lucas never considered anything but his movies canon. Dark Empire and Zahn's books even trample on each other, and came out around the same time. It wasn't until later retcons that made both stories compatible. But fucking barely.

>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you about the one entity more evil than the Emperor? He is a dark side force being named Lu-Kas. He was a bad storyteller.

But is it possible that West End Games got the material about the Clone Wars from Lucasfilm?

Maybe they should release them, so we can watch them. TFA and Rogue One were shit.

Sure it's possible, but that all started in that 5-6 year period where Lucas had had it with Star Wars, and didn't seem to give a shit. IT'S WHEN ZUCKUSS' AND 4-LOM'S NAMES GOT SWITCHED, because fuck Kenner and everything I loved, apparently.

Fuck you, OP.

-George