That cover is pure kino

Fire, Moonwalk with Me

I lost my LYNCHED folder, I need you guys to help me out. I'm missing them all

this show is averaging less than 2.5m views across all platforms

how do you account for this?

No.

>tfw you get FROSTED by sudden backstory

Carl... had a hard life

There is only one answer to this. Bradley was okay but Robert Knepper is the best.

>farts

I think Cooper and Mr. C "merged". Remember Phillip Gerard/Mike told Cooper "Now, one of you must die" because Cooper got tricked? Well, Coop didn't kill Mr. C, and Mr. C was repaired by the woodsmen like before. Cooper just put the ring on Mr. C while he was unconscious. Next time we see Mr. C after that, he's in the red room on fire. I assume Mike destroyed Mr. C. The question you should be asking is "what happens when a person's doppelganger is killed/ destroyed?" I think the results have to do with Cooper's personality change after he leaves the red room. I think the result of Coop having no Doppelganger is he becomes both good & evil.

So I don't really understand how anybody can really love this show. Mulholland Dr is one of my all time favorite films. I think Blue Velvet is amazing, and Elephant man made me cry. Twin Peaks has it's interesting moments for sure, like the barking in the prison cell, the fight at the funeral, Cooper's dream, and I even like the comedy elements with the sheriff's department. But the good seems few and far between. I know fans will say that the corniness of the soap opera elements and bad acting is intentional, but I'm honestly not always sure that it is. I think Lynch might honestly just be somewhat of an idiot savant. Look at this shit.

youtu.be/SLry85Twhno?t=278

He's fucking senile.

And all the good stuff? That was in the old seasons, which stopped watching after the Leland reveal. Not out of being upset about anything, but because watching bad actors deliver shitty lines for hours to get to the few kernels of actually great stuff is simply not compelling to me, intentionally or no. I watched through the first eight episodes of the new season, and it's actually worse. I honestly do not think there's anything wrong with digital as compared to film, as long as the aesthetics look intentional and cared about, but Lynch has lost much of his aesthetic virtues since he committed to digital. Both IE and the new Twin Peaks look amateurish and plastic and dead half the time. Why do people love this shit so much? Cause from my perspective, it looks more like people that think he's anointed because of his good work, and are unwilling to look at his work critically because he can do no wrong.

4:40 is the spot I'm referencing in the video.

He seems like he is excitedly directing his actors. Not sure what you're going on about.

>I don't really understand how anybody can really love this show
That's not our problem.

>Not a single Emmy nominiation
KEK PEAKS

wrong year buddy, it'll be next.

>as a "Limited Series"
It will not even get to the real category which is drama.

TWIN KEKS

this video/doc ruled. truly /ourdaivd/

Can you explain why you like it? Do you think the acting, writing, and visual production is well done? And I don't mean the ambiguity, that much has always been his strong suit, and I don't mind abstraction. Like I said, I love a lot of his earlier work, but everywhere he succeeds in MD he fails here. And I'm just curious how people that love it are actually interpreting this.

Friendly reminder that its been confirmed that "The Return" has been renamed "season 3" in order to proceed with a season 4 and won't confuse people. It confirms that Season 4 is already in pre-production. (Pic is season 3)

if it's anything like the original season, probably because it is unwatchable garbage

>friendly reminder Cooper never wakes up
>friendly reminder Eddie Vedder performs the last song of the season

Lynch said it wont happen for atleast 4 years if it were, plus if they started it have to be after Frost publishes

Either theyre doing what they did before where they wrote season 3 before pitching it to showtime or they actually have nothing

>Can you explain why you like it? Do you think the acting, writing, and visual production is well done?

Yes, actually. I mean, the acting is a bit of a mixed bag but McLachlan was absolutely killing and most of the main characters did a decent to good job. There were only a few performances I found genuinely bad, specifically those of Chrysta Bell and those of some bit characters, hardly any of which had more than a single scene.

I thought the visuals were some of the best I've ever seen on television, cheap effects aside, and some shots were absolutely stunning.

And I didn't find anything wrong with the story, I liked it a lot.

Cooper's face here sums up how I feel about it.

>Lynch said it wont happen for atleast 4 years if it wer

WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE YOU FLAMING PIECE OF SHIT?!

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU GET FROM VOMITING NEGATIVE ENERGY?!

DOES IT MAKE YOU HARD YOU FUCKING COMMIE PIECE OF HUMAN WASTE?!!

>And all the good stuff? That was in the old seasons, which stopped watching after the Leland reveal

fuck off then

Or, you know, the ideas could have come to them differently

>“It’s too early to say if there will be a fourth season of the series. If that were the case, we would have to wait a few more years because it took me four-and-a-half years to write and record this [season].”

ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/twin-peaks-season-4-david-lynch/

>ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/twin-peaks-season-4-david-lynch/

TAKE IT BACK DAVID
TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LYNCHED

If you really found nothing of merit in MacLachlan's performance, or in Part 3, or in Part 8, I don't know what the fuck I can say to change your mind.

Everything to do with Dougie is some of the most emotionally resonant work Lynch has ever done in my opinion

There's honestly no reason why a new season would take as long as this one. For one because I don't think it needs to be as long as season 3 and I imagine a lot of the behind the scenes work that needed to be done for season 3 has already been done.

Two years, sure, I can see that, but four years sounds a bit excessive.

>interesting visuals (not cutting edge visually mind you)
>god tier sound design
>genuinely funny moments throughout
>fucked surreal scenes (don't tell me you found the power socket transfer scene in ep3 boring)
>rather than showing and explaining everything (which it does for some parts, mind you), it only shows part of some conversations (leaving the audience in the dark). Eg: Mr Strawberry, the Argentina box.
>interesting depiction of technology interfacing with a supernatural world (all the weird phone messages, the aforementioned Argentina box, Philip Jeffries, the nuke)
>depicts a fleshed out, thought provoking supernatural world
>has the guts to ditch actors and replace them with CGI characters (which are just as good as the originals)

*makes that squinty face*

>Your twin peaks questions.jpg

Isn't it obvious that watching something that is genuinely unpredictable and new would be exciting and refreshing? Twin Peaks doesn't adhere to normal television conventions, or pacing, or writing or anything. It is wholly unique, it is not aping off any other show. Television got really great this past decade, but it also in a sense got formulaic, what is beloved is becoming predictable.

When was the last time you watched a television show that wasn't pretentious? That wasn't dishonest in its writing for subplots and diverging storylines, every show that isn't Mad Men does this. They have a fake air of importance imbued on them. The Return just allows itself to exist and isn't interested in answering for why it is there. As a result, maybe not all of it works, maybe some falls really flat and end up feeling pointless, but at least it tried something new.

Cynicism is the big thing in television right now, protagonists that are flawed for flawed's sake, because that is what works. Compare that to Dougie, who inspires so much genuine positivity, hope and good, as deceptively slapstick it may be at first look, it most certainly isn't.

Speaking of which, how many of these fucking shows have that post-modern, ironic, shit approach to humor and won't allow anything else? if something is funny it's funny for a functional purpose, not because laughing is considered a valuable emotion by the writers.

The Return is so many things all at once. It may be flawed, but it does things no other show dares.

He'll b dead by then and will have saved us from yet another season of him ruining a beloved series with his waifus, nonsensical plots and characters, his self insert taking up half the series and all the while directing it while his head gets further and further up his own ass.

You gotta love selection of songs from mostly obscure bands that Lynch likes tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0IBpUgbTTA

I am not the user you are talking to but, while I can name many good things, most of all McLachlan being very good acting in what all felt distinctive roles, it also felt like going nowhere for no good reason, many scenes that added nothing, but the question WHY?
To name one of course the sweeping scene
youtube.com/watch?v=WO7GKQHYXX0
Just one of many, what was the point for instance of having that kid hit by a car, why introduce all those characters? I liked the atomic bomb scene, until it just went on and on, how would you like if in this very post I just added words and words without actually getting nowhere?

Why do such a good episode 17, introduce this idea that Cooper will retroactively stop the events of Twin Peaks only for him to fail and go nowhere for an entire episode and conclude nothing.

To me it sounds very pretentious, many of these choices seem to do.

Change, to be unpredictable, should be encouraged but at a certain point things simply don't work, is like the difference between making a cheaper smaller car during the Cadillac era to break the mold and try a new market, or instead of round wheels make them square, interesting, but you know what happens with square wheels? The car breaks down. Of course this being an off hand example cannot prove by itself that Lynch is wrong, but I hope you see where I am getting at.

Will there be a box set with the rest of the show? I'd like them all together. I held off from getting the Entire Mystery because it obviously wasn't the ENTIRE mystery.

>why
Are you sure Lynch is for you?

Suffering doesn't even begin to describe what you're feeling right now.

Your story has been ended. Enjoy oblivion.

I agree that some plot threads should have gone more places. It felt like Lynch and Frost were experimenting to see how many things you can remove from a TV show, and still have it be entertaining to watch. I think they succeeded, but it would undoubtably be better with better writing.

What is worse Fire Walk With Me, season 2 or Season 3?

Fire Walk With Me objectively isn't bad though. It's only bad if you're in 1992 expecting some soap opera shenanigans and a resolution to the cliffhanger.

half the fucking cast will be dead by then

for what? they didn't really add much for S3

Season 4 will continue the trend of turning the dead actors' characters into random objects, like kettle Jeffries. Cooper will be of course the percolator. Laura will be a box of plastic wrap. Windom Earle cameos as a chess piece. Little Nicky will be the new lead because his actor was young enough not to die.

>dashing looks
>is a korean war hero
>the professor, magic with numbers
>well respected prison inmate
>finds denise attractive
>has nervous perspiration but handles it well
>is as bold as can be, doesn't fear armed drug dealer gangs

/bestguy/

as long as we have
>kyle
>fireman
>MIKE
>gordon
>laura

we'll be fine. albert is the only problem.

So, what is the deal with the unresolved sub plot lines in this show. Stuff like the drug dealer, audrey, shelly's daughter, bobby and shelly and the most important one, how's annie?
I know there has to be some meaning behind this because i refuse to belive Lynch is this much of a hack

it is just life in twin peaks. they're like the "everybody suddenly has a numb arm" plotline in the original show.
it's just a weird place.

You can have this one, user.

I don't buy it. I get wanting to leave things open, like with Becky's boyfriend. But leaving things unresolved is a bit too much

its ok not everybody has to like lynch's writing/directing

Except i do. I like pretty much all of his movies.

its ok not everybody has to like lynch's writing/directing in every project

If they continue the Judy stuff, which they should, they'll need Sarah Palmer too.

absolutely right, forgot about her

Imagine being Eddie in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Sherilyn Fenn, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your bloated body and horrificly aged monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both Edward Louis Severson III and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Eddie and not only sit in that chair while Sherilyn Fenn flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and wrinkly skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, AUDREY DANCES LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the suberbs in Chicago. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her crumpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she imagined so hard in the previous months. And then the Lynch calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're Eddie fucking Vedder. You're not going to hang yourself like Chris over this. Just bear it. Hide your face under that stupid hat and bear it.

Given how many dead were in this series, I am not too worried, I would actually be glad, so that maybe next season will have less characters.

comfyfags of the original, you have 10 seconds to explain why you didn't enjoy the Las Vegas storyline.

Wow Diane got an Emmy

We can't all be TM slaves praising Papa Bear Lynch

Sounds like season 4 is in preproduction, tbch.

So ONE-ONE-NINE girl and her kid were just Janey-E's and Sonny Jim's shitty doppelgangers?

That's cool, I voted but we all know Jerry Horne is better than Ben Horne - right?

No, clearly not. Doppelgangers look identical.

they were the tremonds keeping watch on Dougie

Imagine if instead of wrapping up the Leland/Bob/Maddy story in episode 9, we went the entire rest of the season with Leland hijinks

Maybe a flashback episode to Dear Meadow with Teresa Banks. No Windom Earle at all, in the end Leland ends up going to the lodge and Cooper follows him there

Lynch shouldn't have abandoned it, they could have gone interesting places after the reveal.

"The Return" was never the actual name, it was just a marketing term

Didn't he die in the first series? Why did they bring him back?

Wrong, every official streaming site has it named "the return" season 1.

desu albert absence isn't that big a deal either. he rarely appeared in the original run. it was really nice that he got to have a larger role in s3 but he's hardly the core of twin peaks

yeah, which was all from showtime. not lynch/frost.

Too bad Ontkean didn't come out of retirement. If there is a season 4, I hope he will make an appearance at least.

unlike almost everything else on tv, the return allows scenes to justify themselves in more ways than in how they deliver "content", or "lore". interesting pacing is enough. a neat visual idea is enough. the spectacle justifies itself.

this sort of works as a counterpoint to the dream-reality that threatens to overwhelm the series - the sweeping scene, for example, is intentionally not dream-like. it undermines the sense of meaning and instead creates a sense of comfy nihilism grounded in "reality". we don't live inside a dream during the sweeping scene.

nothing else on tv comes close. the return is the end of tv.

I am upset because this is not a case of "famed director directs opening episodes then fucks off until the end and some in-between writers did a better job than others" OR "that part was slow but it was necessary because of X".

I am upset because there is ton of great material, but is like he is teasing the viewer, like he could do with no effort deliver exactly the things people most want, like Episode 17, straight matter of fact, and in general, Dougie is funny and has a very lovely positive aura.

Why bother adding characters that will serve no purpose? Why end the series like that? Why add a new plotline like that?

It was kino and I enjoyed it, but there was no mystery. The vaguely supernatural mystery is what hooked me on Twin Peaks, and I still think it's a the best part of the show.

It cease to be art, yet it is.

Honestly, Season 4 could be 18 hours of a guy washing a kettle, with Kyle taking a shit superimposed over the spout, and I'd still give Showtime my money for it.

i felt like the show moved from the town of twin peaks in s1 to the blue rose taskforce in s3 (not complaining)
albert is integral to that new core but if push comes to shove, lynch can write around it

anyone know where i can watch the rest of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=0stnhrOj6p8

tfw no new episode to look forward to seeing and discussing

JUST FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

AYYUUUDAMEEEEE

user no need to bring Magritte into this, even if they are supposed to be the same genre I am not debating wether or not is art, or if is not television, I feel betrayed, he created and executed under certain premises and betrayed and cut those bridges, I don't mind experiments, slow burn, but cutting to a cliffhanger that did not need to exist is a dick move, regardless of genre.

Imagine LoTr if after they have thrown the ring into the fire if Frodo and a tertiary character started having all the focus and they show for a good chunk of the movie their journey back, without saying a word, or showing even any interesting vistas and then Saruman has taken Hobbyville and..Nazgul scream END OF THE MOVIE nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing more and maybe no next movie.

eh, at least Bob is dead.

imagine being that chair bros...

because the actor is fucking dying and needs money from the sag insurance.

What would have happened if one of the main actors of the old series had died and couldn't reprise their role for the sequel?

>tfw you get into a nice REM rhythm and yer dreamin' all night

I'm comin' for Judy bros.

Why do people meme themselves into thinking the first 9 episodes of Season 2 are part of the golden run of Twin Peaks?

Is it really because the Episode Guide has canonized itself as some sort of objective ranking to beholden to? It's just not true. The Lynch episodes are absolutely incredible, but good luck finding much of anything redeemable in Episodes 3, 4, 5.. It's directionless, and ridiculously inconsistent.

Season 1 every single episode was strong, certainly the Lynch episodes were the best but it still held its own. Outside of Episode 6 of Season 2, can you honestly say a single other episode from it that wasn't directed by Lynch is anything but a wildly, wildly inconsistent mess? Episode 8 is cartoonish buffoonery, entertaining but absolutely ridiculous and not at all in spirit of where Lynch was taking the show. I don't know why Episode 9 is praised at all, an episode that so carelessly undermines the underpinning of the whole show by allowing redemption for Leland, as if he wasn't guilty. Everything in the episode points to his tragic innocence and removal from the abuse and murders, except that one inserted line of dialogue "Maybe Bob is the evil that men do" well, if you wanted to portray that, maybe be a little more ambiguous about the matter instead of depicting it as not that at all.

I bet neither Lynch does it, given what he does with Leland in Fire walk with me.

where was the JM in episode 18???
he was in the credits

thanks, I watched in my phone and could not see that

QTest

GET REAL

>Why do people meme themselves into thinking the first 9 episodes of Season 2 are part of the golden run of Twin Peaks?
Because of this guy. Stay mad /tpg/