Catholicism is a total sham

Catholicism is a total sham.

>Your salvation is dependent on you telling a priest in a dark room all your wrongdoings
No man can control who receives salvation.

>Pope picks who is a saint
No man can decide who is Holy.

Show me the part of the Bible that dictates stained glass windows and billion dollar cathedrals? Or why we even need a Pope or Vatican? Faith doesn't require a bureaucracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/matthew/16-18.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Catholicism is a total sham.

No, but it has been hijacked.

>No man can control who receives salvation.
a priest is a mediator, not god himself

welcome to protestantism

All organized religion is a sham. How new are you?

Absolving someone of sin is an act only possible by God. God did not appoint a priest to do such things.

No man can come between you and God

If you can accept that:

1. Jesus is both God and man.

2. The Word of God includes both the written (Bible) and unwritten (rituals and tradition).

Then Catholicism isn't a sham.

I hear ya. Catholic church has a monopoly on all things holy, you require them for your salvation...seems mighty convenient for them to have it set up that way.

If you want to practice christianity without all that nonsense, Quakerism is pretty cool. Cant say i practice any religion, but if i were to go back, i would go quaker.

Tradition? Catholicism only became about cathedrals and showcasing during the crusades when zealotry was the norm and all resources were poured into religion. Aren't we better than that now?

I thought this was completely obvious. Catholicism is very superficial and a tool to control the dumb masses.
Protestantism saw through the bullshit and tried to distill it back to the things that really matter.
Unfortunately for them they still believe in bullshit because there is no god.

>Worshipping Joseph's wife's son.

Of course, tradition. How did the Gospels and the rest of the New Testament exist before it was written down? It was written down when Jesus existed, of course.

The understanding that the universe simply "is" is directly in line with the idea behind God. God IS the universe.

Literally celebrating Joseph's cuckdom

Not the christian God, what you are talking about is panenetheism.

John 20
"[21] He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. [22] When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained."

>God is the universe
I am with you on this. For me tho, thats all the more reason to NOT believe that God 'wants' you to behave in a certain way...to hold a belief system with certain morals and mythology associated with it. God is just there, indifferent and passive.

I can't wait until human consciousness advances to the point this shit is no longer necessary. A large number of us are already there, but goddamn, let's hurry it up.

>God is the universe heresy
>what is pantheism

I went to catholic school and two of the priests were known kiddy fuckers

One died of AIDS and the other got moved to a different diocese where I assume he raped more boys

Corrupt as fuck

>Christianity
>worshipping a Jew killed by Jews
>literally a power scheme for centuries
>not reverting back to indigenous European religion
Cucked m8

>I dont need religion. Im on a higher level of consciousness

That's Jesus giving the apostles the ability to do so, but only because he decreed it. No one except
God can forgive you, your sins.

Not an argument

But user, the church is 'the continuing presence of Jesus on Earth.'

Does that mean Jesus was a gay kiddy diddler?

Everyone who has received the gift of salvation from Jesus Christ is a saint by definition of the Bible.

Really. 99% of Catholics don't know this.

We werent arguing anything

I went to a public school and two of the teachers were known kiddy fiddlers

One died of prostate cancer and the other got moved to a different district where I assume he raped more boys

Corrupt as hell

>2016
>worshiping a dead kike on a stick

This. The old Dagon cult tunneled into a blossoming Jewish rabble-rousing movement and found itself a new home.

Yes beautiful user

Your understanding of Catholic teaching is defective to say the least. Must be a good feeling to think you're right about everything that comes out of your brain even when you're objectively ignorant. How about you learn Catholicism the proper way and start by reading the Catechism and its compendium. If you don't have the intellectual cuity to accomplish even that, you're in no position to offer anything but noise.

biblehub.com/matthew/16-18.htm
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

The first Christians had no doubts about how to determine which was the true Church and which doctrines the true teachings of Christ. The test was simple: Just trace the apostolic succession of the claimants.

Apostolic succession is the line of bishops stretching back to the apostles. All over the world, all Catholic bishops are part of a lineage that goes back to the time of the apostles, something that is impossible in Protestant denominations (most of which do not even claim to have bishops).

The role of apostolic succession in preserving true doctrine is illustrated in the Bible. To make sure that the apostles’ teachings would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, "[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first three generations of apostolic succession—his own generation, Timothy’s generation, and the generation Timothy will teach.

The Church Fathers, who were links in that chain of succession, regularly appealed to apostolic succession as a test for whether Catholics or heretics had correct doctrine. This was necessary because heretics simply put their own interpretations, even bizarre ones, on Scripture. Clearly, something other than Scripture had to be used as an ultimate test of doctrine in these cases