It's been a while, Sup Forums. I probably missed the discussion for it, but what do you all think of Infinity Train?

It's been a while, Sup Forums. I probably missed the discussion for it, but what do you all think of Infinity Train?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HL1jZHHkoE&t=2464s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Out of all the pilots, i hope this one get's picked up

Not shilling here but if you want to learn more about it, you can watch this interview/podcast

youtube.com/watch?v=7HL1jZHHkoE&t=2464s

I will never unhear Ellie whenever Ashley Johnson plays someone

Change some designs and make the sidekick more interesting and you could have some good shit

But the sidekick really didn't do anything for me.

dude that's how I learned about it.
Sort of broadening the scope here, but it's a lot harder to hate something after you learn about its creative process and the time and energy it took to make it.
Fuck man, his expose on the Nutshack made me feel for the creators who were trying to ring their background to light. I mean it was written shittily, but I still grew a little more appreciation for it.

never ever

My thoughts are mostly 'please please please please please PLEASE get picked up' on a loop

It seems pretty cool, I like a good mystery. Hope they don't ruin that with needless romance.

There is an adventure time episode that has the same infinite loot train concept so I wonder if that had anything to do with the creation of this show.

>make two characters that are one character but ones a pessimist and the other is hyper.
Yeah, the weird orb robot is pretty weak. They'd have to have some really creative character development to become interesting. Maybe the pessimistic side dies and the optimist side tries desperately to fill both roles.

The art style looks like ass. Waifuposters will eat up anything.

Art style is meh, but that's not an issue since almost every CN show's style evolves between pilot and series.

The concept seems really cool. The few problems it has (mainly that the dialog is a bit too exposition-y) can easily be smoothed out if it gets picked up for a series.

I hope it gets picked up.

It was kind of bland and really fucking unfunny when it's trying to be.

nah, he was really worried at first because he wasn't cognizant of it, but then he stated the two aren't that much alike.

It has potential to be both terrible and great.

would you say its a product of its time?

I hope they don't ruin it with shitty comedy
The thing that made OTGW good wasn't that greg chimed in every other line with some randomism

The main character is basically Connie from Steven Universe, so that's already a minus.
But a pilot can hardly be an indicator of the rest of the show. All we really know at this point is the premise, and any premise could be amazing or terrible depending on the execution.
I just really hope they change the main character in some way. She's the only really bad thing about the pilot.

Looks promissing.I hope they have a real mystery and not some Adventure time nothing matters crap.

>Cognisant

No, I spelled it correctly.

Its pretty good and the video is almost at a million views so it probably has a decent chance of being picked up. Could make a decent adventure time replacement.

I like the main character. She is grumpy like me.

I don't hate it, but I feel like I want to hate it. Is it just me, or is an original feeling so hard to come by? This just feels like a Bee and Puppycat protag in an AT setting and Over the Garden Wall motivation.

There's only so much premises in existence. You are suffering from TV tropes syndrome, where you start breaking down narratives for individual components you've seen before.

I was afraid of that. I don't want to become too cynical to have fun with cartoons...

seems like it has the potential to be a fine miniseries

Its quite literally the only short out of the bunch that has me interested. I really want this to be a show. I like mysteries and shit. I am really tired of all the shows out there that are just kids in a public environment making unfunny jokes.

I feel like the humor here was trying too hard but some instances of it was cute humor that I didn't mind. Maybe just tone it down a little... Well not tone it down but I mean temper it.

With that said its kind of sad how they had like a dozen pilots put up but only this one was worth a damn. There is like... 12 of them? I know some are actually older ones regutgitated from Cartoonstitute (Which I find really heinous especially calling them "Minisodes).

Twelve Forever and Back To Backspace are others I want to be made into shows but those are older pilots and I don't think it will ever happen which sucks. Infinity Train seems to be the only one with a chance because its getting a massive backing by AT and SU fans panicking and looking for their next fix to replace it with before those shows end. This show doesn't have any stupid waifu crap or romance from what I can tell which is good, I don't see how a rabid fanbase can possibly fuck it up.

Also I can't help but be reminded of Scott Cawthon and that weird robot mask tentacle thing at the end.

useless and annoying supporting cast
main character is bitchy without the plot needing her to be (i guess they were going for a more snarky type of character but that doesn't work if the supporting cast doesn't play off her)

but overall it's good pilot and has potential
it has a neat concept and the characters can work with some touch ups, and it looks good and the show has a clear idea what it wants it to be.
i feel it'd work more as a mini series like Over the Garden Wall though

Good premises but the protagonist is kind of annoying. Her saying
>correlation doesn't imply causation
was out of place and forced. If they make a series out of it, they should make her more convicingly nerdy.

I'd watch Adventure Time with Daria and Marvin.

How about that Hitchhiker's Guide Robot huh?

Why is everyone putting Marvin homages' in everything at the moment?

cunt punt

Right. The sentence is true but nobody would use it for something so ordinary like this.

>Bee and Puppycat protag
How?

It's always great anyway

The robot character sucks. Get rid of it.

I just watched it and it was pretty great. The VA was top-notch and it seems like a good mistery is going on. In my ideal world it would become a miniseries

It wont get picked up because it takes too long to maoe an episode.
The pilot took 8 months

>pilot with no funding and basic artstyle and animation
>implying if it got greenlight it wouldnt speed up production because it actually has funds

Unless that 2 hour podcast reveals something Im not tapping into I dont see what the fucking problem is

South Park makes episodes weekly

I'm not complaining I liked marvin

I really liked it. Hopefully we can get more.

>another cal arts style cartoon trying to be like gravity falls.

eh, nothing to get too excited over, I'll definitely check it out but after seeing OPs pic I have my doubts. These cartoon designs are getting so old.

This.