Star Wars #25
Han Solo #5 (of 5)

>Rebels 3.07: "Iron Squadron"
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon #3.07: "Iron Squadron "
youtube.com/watch?v=mlpvQhH58X4

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtu.be/sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_Starfleet
movieweb.com/star-wars-secret-movies-in-development-lucasfilm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is everything from the new canon cancerous bullshit?

What is she, /swco/?

So finally saw the latest episode. Am I supposed to hate Iron Squadron as much as I did? I didn't dislike the episode but it wasn't a favorite for me. The absolute best part was Thrawn sending Konstantine off to fail and possibly die without leaving room for objection.

Because that is what you want it to be, and you refuse to accept anything otherwise

Killing this thread early I see

Crashing the thread with no survivors

I'm still mad we never saw the NR fleet. I don't even care if it isn't entirely gone, since rationally you don't keep your entire armada in orbit over the capitol. I just wanted to see sexy new capitol ships besides the (admittedly fine) new Destroyers.

Not sure anyone liked the new episodes. Maybe the Iron Squadron will be important later on, but it felt like a really pointless episode. I think maybe they wanted to contrast Ezra as he is now with Ezra as he was at the beginning of the series, but that seems really unnecessary.

The way they dealt with the New Republic definitely left a poor taste, apparently you destroy one system and the New Republic has no fleet and no command anymore

It was only done because you had to have your underdog rebels

That feel when I pointed out the resemblance between them and you made a thread dedicated to it.

This is a true /swco/ honor.

Yeah, it wasn't the worst. Sabine got to be useful, Thrawn's brief appearance was fucking hilarious, and Commander Sato has some backstory now, but the meat of it just didn't work for me.

What's the next episode slated to be? I don't keep up with the promos that much. I enjoyed the episode before this way more than I thought I would then was let down by this one. Maybe the next will be a good one.

I still cannot think of any good reason an entire galactic fleet, something considered "vaunted" so you know they are proud of it, and they park the entire thing over their capital? Maybe Hux was being ironic?

The only explanation I can think of comes from Bloodlines when it turns out that the New Republic was being dick ass slow about actually patrolling any of the galaxy they pinky swore they'd defend because the Senate was a bunch of bickering, well, basically us whenever we try to talk about the quality of any of the movies.

I can buy the entire loss of your capitol world and a lot of ships causing enough disarray to make you unable to function in the tiny time frame we had from there to the ending, I mostly was mad about the lack of new ships we get to see on screen period. Expand the ship lore, faggots! Maybe we'll see some more in the next one or something.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_Starfleet

>While one fleet of the Starfleet remained with the Galactic Senate which moved to different member worlds on a rotational basis, the majority of Starfleet was scattered across several bases throughout New Republic space including one on Mirrin Prime.

We're in for a Hondo episode next week, with Azmorigan and dark troopers also involved.

A meme

For whatever it is worth since it's from Aftermath, Mon Mothma wanted the New Republic military cut to 10% of the current rather hefty level they were at when dealing with the last of the hostile Imperial Remnant. She had enough ships she felt she could send to anywhere in the galaxy and basically wipe out entire planets, which is an Imperial standard she wasn't comfortable with.

She wanted individual worlds to be able to raise their own defense forces if they wanted and the New Republic would train them. No clue if that ever happened but I imagine key worlds like Dac would always have their own ships.

Hey man, relax. Be cool. Rig-user just got back from a long vacation. Or exile. Or drug induced coma, fuck if I know.

I fucking KNEW it. I knew Disney was going to explain away Abrams' stupidity.

Well that sounds pretty good. Hondo is always a fucking delight.

the new canon is shit, accept it
>shits all over the old out of spite for it being better
>ahsoka everywhere for no reason
>darth vader has a gf
>stronk female bullshit
>le resisttance

This is the second time my OC became the OP.
But I can't remember what the first was.

They still lost a "substantial" portion, whatever the fuck that means. Their chain of command is also borked. Not just the Senate and likely their military command being destroyed along with Hosnian Prime but apparently those local defense fleets Mon Mothma wanted answer to the Senators, who were mostly killed (I'd expect some were offworld). They can be replaced but it will take time and it'll be a helluva mess.

What I'd honestly rather have them fix is in Episode VIII Leia has to step up and try to fill the void left by the loss of the Senate and Chancellor so they dump the whole Resistance bullshit in favor of her working to pull together the New Republic and keep it from fragmenting and get them back into fighting shape to resist the First Order. Fuck being a rebel again and that whole "what I was best at" fuckery. Giving people hope and a fighting chance was always what she and the others were best at.

>the new canon is shit, accept it

The new canon doesn't retcon itself every five seconds like the old canon did and the new canon is actually canon

>no it doesn't
>no she isn't
>no he doesn't
>cry more faggot
>hurr durr reddit

Great argument.

Hey man, you try watching your new best but sweaty friend nearly get raped to death by the monsters you let loose.

Diversity shit over good and unique characters

Identity politics rammed up its ass

Not pushing the boundaries for philosophy and world building

You know, all the usual shit that's killing Hollywood.

Rebels, TFA, the new canon comics and novels, are completely mediocre due to the above reasons.

>movieweb.com/star-wars-secret-movies-in-development-lucasfilm/

>d-diversity agenda!
Back to Sup Forums with you

I love it when the dark side of diversity pandering comes out.

>A lesbian Moff!
>She has slave girls, and is a terrible human being.

Thank you for the OC, you turned my imagination into reality.

>I haven't actually watched or read any of the new stuff but I heard it was SJW tumblr bullshit so I'm gonna bitch about it!
Last (you) you're getting from me

>Now, I think we should have a program that raises stormtroopers from birth, just like they did with clones in the Clone Wars. We've got a few options for how we can do this, we can ask true Imperial patriots to give up their children for the greater good, or maybe we can just take the babies ourselves... or, or maybe we can have a group of women, maybe a couple hundred or more, dedicated to giving birth to new babies for the stormtrooper army, and we'll choose them based on physical attributes, you know, to make good, strong soldier babies, and maybe... maybe high-ranking Imperial officers like me can volunteer to be the ones to put the babies inside those women...

>Hux, that's asinine.

Doesnt the First Order just take babies? I don't really remember if they said precisely where they got their troops from

Rebels is like terrible characters in an amazing storyline (most of the time)

More like terrible characters in a sub par storyline that only gets good when its borrowing from TCW or including actual serious threats like Vader or Tarkin

I don't think they've ever specified, but Finn seems to believe that's the case at least.

So basically, the First Order is bad because it steals children and indoctrinates them, but its ok when the Jedi do it

Hera and kanan are good.
Chopper and Zeb are ok.
Ezra and Sabine are garbo.

The Jedi don't steal the kids, though

Thats what they want you to believe

The Dagoyans don't exactly agree with that. But then their queen thinks Jar Jar is sexy so what the hell do they know?

That's what they want you to think

Stop Jedi pedophilia! Down with the corrupt order!

>guys, do you get it? they're nazis. I know its pretty subtle and you might have missed it

We already settled this. Plo Koon is innocent. Mo Poon was impersonating him

>see, here they are putting their fists in the air, its supposed to be like a nazi salute. I bet you didnt even realize that, but its these subtle things that make this movie great

This one trooper letting us know how he really feels.

>But JJ, the Empire was already a pretty clear Nazi analogue
>Yeah but we need to make them Nazier!

Fucking loved his Hitler speech.

It would've been better if the movie gave us more context for it. Like I think Gleeson did a great job delivering it but it's hard to get fired up when you have no idea what he's talking about and the followup scene is him destroying a planet that's never been mentioned and a reaction shot of people we've never seen before.

That's not "Sup Forums", user. That's reality. Marxist faggots control the media, and everything they make is connected to their agenda.

Because no explanations or worldbuilding. That, and the Stormtroopers look like humanoid iPods.

>it's hard to get fired up when you have no idea what he's talking about
First off, you don't really have to know what someone's talking about to get fired up. Just look at real life supporters of both candidates during this year's election. Second, I don't fet how anyone would be confused with his speech. He pretty much said, New Republic bad, Resistance bad, bow to the FO. I could care less about the planet too. Nobody cared for Alderaan, not even the main characters because they forget about it.

>Nobody cared for Alderaan, not even the main characters because they forget about it.
The major story contribution of Alderaan's destruction wasn't that it was a tragedy, but that it was the place the heroes needed to get to, and its destruction completely derails their journey.

Hosnian Prime's destruction has no real purpose being being a big tragedy for the sake of being a big tragedy, and it doesn't work because the movie doesn't flesh them out. If Alderaan's destruction involved a sudden cut to a bunch of people looking up in fear it'd be just as weak as Hosnian's destruction because we have no reason to care about those people. ANH doesn't suddenly bring in the sad Schindler's List music when it happens.

All he said was that the NR and Resistance are treacherous and that the FO should be worshipped. It's not hard to understand, user.

this
JJ a shit

>First off, you don't really have to know what someone's talking about to get fired up
Speak for yourself

It was TERRIBLE.
Uncommonly bad acting from Gleeson.

It's not hard to understand what he's talking about, but it is hard to care when the speech is literally the first time a lot of this stuff has come up.

>but that it was the place the heroes needed to get to, and its destruction completely derails their journey.
But we get a good look at Obi-Wan feeling all broken up inside when Alderaan is destroyed. It was clearly suppose to be tragic. That along with Leia's horrified expression, but again, nobody cared. As for the journey itself, if anything, it only gave them a convenient reason to save Leia.

>Marxist faggots control the media
Something you couldn't even hope to prove.

>everything they make is connected to their agenda.
And what agenda is that?

Agreed. Hosnian Prime's supposed "tragic" end was almost as bad as the Order 66's "tragic" scene. Though, at least the NR were easier to sympathize with than the Jedi Council.

That, and Leia acted as an emotional character for the audience to feel bad for, and therefore Alderaan was more emotionally impactful. We didn't know anyone or anything about the planet being blown up, it just happened. The only purpose it served was making the Imperials look cool.

Well, that and Leia's reaction sold it better than seeing a bunch of random people on Hosnian Prime freaking out. There is also the sheer fact that Alderaan was a peaceful world without weapons, as Leia tells us. It was a target of terror. Hosnian Prime, however horrific the scope of the carnage, was still the capital of the First Order's enemy and thus a legitimate military target. That is a huge order of difference. The Empire was merciless and wanted to make an example out of Alderaan. It was to prove a point and the more terrible their actions the better it served that anyone, absolutely anyone who fucked with the Empire could be the next target. Hosnian Prime could have been destroyed by anything, even conventional fleet bombardment, and sure it would be horrible, and we don't want it to happen because the bad guys are doing it and the scary and mournful music tells us so, but still a strategically acceptable target. It loses all the pathos that Alderaan's destruction gave us without ever letting us see the surface.

It also helps that by this point moviegoers are fairly well inured to massive destruction on film.

Oh and it also helps that Alec Guinness sold the quiet horror of the moment with his reaction.

Except Leia quickly forgets her planet immediately afterwards. And to be honest, I never felt for Leia, but that was probably Carrie's fault.

I had the opposite reaction. She never had time to mourn the planet during ANH. She's a princess and a rebel, she had a duty and she buried her personal feelings after it was done. What you find out of place ended up becoming one of the most lasting characteristics which carries up to modern day when Bloodline tells us Luke thinks the Force expresses itself in his sister through her willpower.

Not many people could do that. If that makes her appear like a cold hearted bitch then I'm sure she'd take that in stride too. She dealt with that very reaction in her recent mini-series but it wasn't too terribly well written.

The point of Hosnian's destruction was to show how fucked the galaxy is now. Without the NR, the FO has the advantage now. It's pretty much spelled out in Hux's speech.

>Something you couldn't even hope to prove.
Prove is a buzzword. The forced diversity, turning characters gay for no reason in the middle of a show's season, entire shows dedicated to "comedy" that are just leftist propaganda like the Daily Show or Stephen Colbert, actors being blacklisted or fired for supporting Prop 8, and so on. The industry itself, and where it is based (San Francisco/Los Angeles), is all the proof that is needed.

>And what agenda is that?
Social engineering through propaganda. Things like "being gay is normal and anyone who disagrees is a bigot and a nazi", "criminals are just victims of bourgeois society", "the poor deserve free shit from evil rich people", "non-whites and women are oppressed", "corporations are evil and the government is there to help", and so on. Social Justice, in other words. AKA "Marxism", victimization and "empowerment" rhetoric.

Acting strong willed is fine but Alderaan is never mentioned at all. She doesn't have to break down in tears, but she could at least let it motivate her to keep up the good fight. This is almost like Sabine's problem. We never feel for her even though we know her mother is with the Empire. That's because she doesn't react to it whatosoever. Though her problems are far more severe than Leia's.

You're talking about logistical matters. We're talking about emotional reactions. How are you even confusing these two things when people are spelling it out for you in multiple posts?

Like I said, it didn't matter HOW Hosnian Prime was destroyed. It felt like they were just checking a box in their list of OT rehashing rather than some dramatic twist in the story.

Something that frankly loses the shock value since this is the third time we've had super doom lasers. Han even flat out spelled it out for you when they were going over how, "This is the Death Star. And THIS is Starkiller Base." "So it's bigger."

And no they don't get any brownie points for wiping out entire solar systems. SWCO talked about this ages ago. Starkiller is a hilariously inefficient weapon system that not only requires they kill a New Republic solar system but they also end up destroying a local sun in their own territory. Gravity shifts and rogue planets will end up playing havoc with their hyperspace lanes for generations to come. And how many enemy Star Systems can they afford to nuke anyway? It's nearly as stupid as the rumor that the Empire retook Coruscant from the New Republic and then bombed the shit out of it themselves.

Actually, it is mentioned. When she goes back to Yavin 4, the general tells her he'd feared she was dead when they heard about Alderaan. She insists they don't have time for sorrows.

This is the Empire we're talking about. It may have made more sense back when the OT first hit theaters but these days while what they did to Alderaan was horrible you should check out Lasan or Geonosis or any other world they've BDZed. Leia's grief against the Empire was something felt by everyone in the Rebellion, whether what they lost to the Empire was a family member or friend or even an entire planet.

>Prove is a buzzword
I'm going to present that without comment.

The funny thing about Sup Forums is how melodramatic they are. It's true that Hollywood is a pretty shallow gene pool for ideas, but they make it sound like some kind of shady conspiracy, when in reality it's just a bunch of people who all believe in the same or similar shit, just like them.

>"being gay is normal and anyone who disagrees is a bigot and a nazi"
Gay people are just like you except gay, that's a fact.
> "criminals are just victims of bourgeois society"
Under certain circumstances, yes, but there are absolutely zero people out there stating that as an absolute.
> "the poor deserve free shit from evil rich people"
Nobody says this either, the rich just need to start paying their fair share in taxes.
>"corporations are evil and the government is there to help"
Nobody is saying almost any of these things you're complaining about.

Maybe you should stop feeding him

This design is edgy as fuck but god damn do I love it

I should, I'm sorry, but it's hard when he's this fucking stupid.

Hey, there's good edgy and bad edgy, I'd say the super commandos are good edgy.

holy crap, user
I completely agree with you
this shit is getting even more obvious with the pass of time

>I completely agree with you
2nded

>but they make it sound like some kind of shady conspiracy
Didn't say it was, troll. Ideology=/=conspiracy. Most of Hollywood, and liberals in general, are too stupid to follow a conspiracy.

>when in reality it's just a bunch of people who all believe in the same or similar shit
The main reason they do is because of the Marxists that decide who to hire and fire. It's a bubble, with no intellectual freedom or creativity.

>Gay people are just like you except gay, that's a fact.
Didn't say it wasn't, moron. I said that they make you like a character, and then turn them gay, and then say that if you "like" said character, you have to agree with gay marriage or the gay lifestyle. It's all appeals to emotion.

>Under certain circumstances, yes, but there are absolutely zero people out there stating that as an absolute.
Most TV crime drama's have many episodes dedicated to making you feel sorry for the criminal and seeing them as "human", rather than vile murderous trash and rapist scum.

>Nobody says this either, the rich just need to start paying their fair share in taxes.
And there's the Marxist "fair share" line. Who gets to determine what is "fair"? The rich paying far more in taxes is not "fair", "fair" would be a simple flat tax of 10-15% for everyone.

>Nobody is saying almost any of these things you're complaining about.
Corporations or the US government (almost always a Republican) are almost always the "villain" in most movies and TV shows, never a Socialist regime or Islamic scumbag.

Why complain about emotional matters when Alderaan wasn't emotional either?

It wasn't, and yet it still manages to have more emotional impact than the Hosnian scene despite attempts to bring in the fearful faces, sad music, etc.

It's a bigger failure this time.

What sold the Alderaan scene was Sir Alec's reaction.

The dumb shits killed their best actor after a minute or two, so there was nobody to sell Alderaan 2.0.

>yet it still manages to have more emotional impact than the Hosnian scene despite attempts to bring in the fearful faces, sad music, etc.
this this this
Lucas is just a more potent filmmaker than JJ.

Not that user and I know this might trigger some people but I actually felt more for NR's destruction. The sad music and screaming faces got to me more than Leia's reaction to Alderaan.

I'm almost sure Lucas had nothing to do with it. People held his hand nearly the entire time during production, remember?

>The sad music and screaming faces
But why?
You didn't know those people.

We get people in this thread that say that Order 66 was a shit scene because we didn't spend hours with every Jedi in the montage.

>Ideology=/=conspiracy
It's neither. It's merely an echo chamber, you should be reasonably familiar with those.

>then turn them gay, and then say that if you "like" said character, you have to agree with gay marriage or the gay lifestyle
1. Why is that wrong? Yes, it is an appeal to your emotions, but how is that an immoral or incorrect thing to do?
2. How are they saying these things? How are they conveying them?

>Most TV crime drama's have many episodes dedicated to making you feel sorry for the criminal
Crime procedurals feature one bad guy per episode, who may have some difficult circumstances surrounding them (because they are indeed human, shock, and have nuance) but they are still rightfully held responsible for their actions.

>Who gets to determine what is "fair"?
The government because they run this shit and we need them.
>The rich paying far more in taxes is not "fair"
Yes it is, they have more money and own the means of production.

Well, that's you. It didn't do shit for me because I had no reason to care about any of them. Even the characters in the story barely care and treat the destruction and the existence of Starkiller Base more as a chore that needs to be done rather than something that desperately needs to be destroyed.

Stop taking the bait, you retard

>Corporations or the US government
Both examples of people with a great amount of power. People with power abusing that power make good villains, this isn't a new thing or a halfway unusual idea, and it has no agenda either.

>(almost always a Republican)
Heh, someone's projecting.

>are almost always the "villain" in most movies and TV shows
BECAUSE THE EMPIRE DINDU NUFFIN AMIRITE

Here's an idea: stop giving the blatant trolls what they want. You're just helping them drag down the thread and throw it even further off topic.

Mother of burgers, white supremacist revisionism starwars, and all the other recent news isn't telling a good story for the brand but someone is claiming the Rogue One is polling strong.