Will anything this epic ever be made again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harry Potter is a thing you know

nope

Is there a movie where the cast had more fun filming it than Lord of The Rings?

>autistic child fighting a school board
>epic

The absolute state of Potterfags

Probably force awakens since most people on the cast were just fuckin hyped to be working on star wars.

game of thrones

Dude, star wars bro.

I prefer the oldies as they were a little less worried about their extras getting hurt so you get shit that looks real as fuck at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0

But I'm guessing they'll just be using CGI for most large scale stuff in the future.

HP isn't an epic by any definition.

this, but unironically for people working on it.

Wasn't that great

shitskin/woman detected

dullest

adult potterfags are literally the worst, they arguably may be worse than the Rick & Morty reddit fanbase. Yes we all read it as children and it was kinda good but please let it go.

No. It was done right, with passion and a crazy amount of world building. These days unfortunately no one but the fans really care anymore. But we'll never see a saga like this again. The commitment to pre-pro and the contiguous filming set this trilogy apart. Maybe, just maybe someone will pick up an IP and give a shit like PJ did 18 years ago. I hope something tries, that's all I can ask for

Harry potter exists
/thread

Love yow threatened lotfags are by harry fucking potter. Maybe its because they know jackson is a hack and return of the king was garbage.
The lotr series got worse and the hp series got better. Harry potter is way more epic thay this hobbit DUDE LONG FIGHT SCENE garbage.

Both are for children but lotr is directed shittily for one and a half movies, every potter film is good to great.

>quoting multiple people in a short thread
your bait is weak and makes you look like reddit
>reddit spacing
you have to go back

Harry Potter and Lotr are the best there's ever been. I really don't onow why you post this same thread and image everyday. Just watch harry potter and lotr.

Ughh, fucking white males and their heroic monomythological motifs are so 20th century goy

Sup Forums's answer to this and LOTR

No, HP literally is not an "epic", by the definition of the word. Educate yourself.

No!

>tfw I made that thread

LOTR was written by a Professor of Anglo Saxon who loved European history.

Harry Potter was written by a Scottish single mother on welfare who is a communist.

Twas a good thread user. Good job

maybe

*blocks your path*

>Twas
time to go back

NO IM NOT GOING BACK TO THE PAST HOW SHALL I USE Sup Forums!

You have to go back.

>>>/l/eddit

wow great argument user you just know how to prove your points well don't you

/thread
How the fuck does Sup Forums always get so triggered by harry potter I bet they didn't eve see them in theaters. They are great and better than lotr since there's more of them that are quality.

I sincerely mean this harry potter is better than 80-90% of what you """""""people"""""""" discuss aka circlejerk

No and if it's ever remade it will be full of niggers.

>the left loves harry potter
>guess this means lotr are for nazis now
fuck off Sup Forums

>be kid
>lotro comes out
>cant wait to spend rest of life experiencing the quality of cinema jackson was able to achieve
>10 years later and nothing has come close

>3 boring-ass movies that were way too long based on 3 boring-ass books that were way too long
Tolkien was a shit storyteller and liking LotR is a huge meme.

implying the left has anything but hate and disgust for lotr

It's one book m8.

Two words. Harry Potter.

Lotr waa anticlimatic

Will this hell ever end?

Implying that LOTR was not a huge success in hollywood

>what?
>you don't like that Aragorn is now a KANG?
>are you raacist or something?

that doesn't mean it's suddenly the film for nazis now faggot

>3-4 movies to introduce the background of the characters
>The Fellowship of The Ring part 1-2
>Idris Elba as Legolas, Amy Schumer as Elrond
>Queer Gandalf quipping the Balrog just to fall to xir demise
>Nazi Gollam sees opportunity but made to check his hobbit privilege as Frodelito saved by Luke Hoobs and his Merry Men and transported back to his family

body status: ready

>HP got better
>literally unwatchable as adaptations after movie 2
>HBP removes everything about the book that was interesting and made it a random romantic comedy
>The final movie is nothing but dumb battle sequences and shitty cgi that just ends anticlimactically

>OMG Sup Forums likes something therefore it must be for Nazis

>the hp series got better
I couldn't handle the teen angst past the 5th movie.

Remember when LotR threads were just a bunch of Tolkienfags discussing lore, and you'd learn about characters and events you didn't even know were real? Occasionally an Aguirre the Black meme or taxpost would throw off the discussion, but the thread was still comfy as fuck.

When did this board turn to shit

The alt-reichers ruined everything.

>movies that could never be made today

oceans 11?

>When did this board turn to shit
Sup Forums got mentioned in the news and subsequently got flooded with normies
90% of posts are normies

It's the idea that they come here to shitpost and then return back to wherever they came from to actually have discussions. This is their party house where they can fuck shit up and leave beer bottles laying around because they don't have to clean it up.

Harry Potter the extras, bloopers and behind the scenes are so fun

Love how the truth triggers Sup Forums everytime. Only Fellowship of the Ring was great.

In December 15th

Ever since this place became Sup Forums lite. The fact that every headline relating to media that involves women's rights or minorities gets shared here, the fucking blacked posters/ "umad wite boi" posters and other shit like that. Not sure if it's just Sup Forums posters or people who have found they can get a good amount of (you)'s from it, but it just derails any kind of discussion

Peter Jackson wasn't that well-known at the time I seem to remember. He did a couple of weird, gory movies with muppets and then suddenly got the LotR job and fucking nailed it. Instant success.

I did enjoy his King Kong movie, and The Lovely Bones was a good, though really depressing movie too.

As for The Hobbit, I don't even blame Jackson for that. I'm convinced it was studio meddling, cash-grabbing idiots that made him rush it and turn them into a trilogy. With LotR Jackson had years of pre-production, with The Hobbit he literally made stuff up as he went along because he just didn't have the time. The documentary is actually really depressing and just shows him sitting alone in a corner, hands in his hair, having no idea what to do.

Yeah they changed directors so he came in right in the middle of it.

>high school issues
>epic
how about no?

"Denethor's economic reforms were well intentioned but like all Ecthelionist policies they are doomed to fail.

Raising the Gondorian minimum wage has priced would be stable boys and squires out of the market. This is reflected in the employment figures released by the independent Osgiliath Office for Statistics two moons ago. This is bad news for Gondor, who already has sluggish productivity (the Kingdom has lagged behind Rohan for the last 3 quarters).

Furthermore, new rental controls have hiked up property prices in Minas Tirith, particularly on the upper levels. Along with lagging output from the Pelennor, this is just another headache for Minas Tirith's policymakers. It's hard to see Beregond cling onto his mayorship amidst such issues.

Last but certainly not least is the decision to guarantee gold deposits at the White Mountains Bank. This will create a moral hazard problem in Gondor. It seems lessons from the shipbuilding bubble in Dol Amroth have not been learned. Mithril prices have been on an upward trajectory suggesting Middle Earth's more seasoned investors have anticipated such a problem.

I don't have a palantir but I think Gondor is in for a difficult time in the medium to long term."

- Hadhod Goldshield, The Khazad Financial Times

I remember being happy about Jackson taking over (no offense to Del Toro at all) because I wanted The Hobbit to have the same feeling that LotR did. But then it all turned to shit because of time constraints, constant re-shoots etc. I like to pretend The Hobbit movies don't even exist.

I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but I wouldn't compare it to LotR in terms of being epic. Epic here refers to the size and the scope of LotR, the huge battle sequences of armies clashing, the fate of Middle-Earth depends on two small Hobbits trying to sneak into Mordor, while everywhere else armies are gathering and fighting to the death.
Harry Potter is fucking fantastic and I love it, but the scope is a lot smaller than in LotR. Most of the threat happens at Hogwarts, and the only place really in trouble if the villain succeeds is Great Britain.

*whiffs & sniffs*

>Pippina takes out her blade
>stabs Denethor in his gut

And if i remember correctly the success of The Hobbit trilogy was make or break for MGM studios, who put the last of their resources into it. So they went with a CGI friendly, romance subplot, as many LOTR throwbacks as they could almost turning 2 and 3 into The Legolas movie just to get every base covered. No room for experimentation.

Dune by Villeneuve

probably not, it was made at the perfect time with a perfect cast

Glad I'm not the only one who thought HBP was garbage.

HP was better when it was more of a whimsical Dahl-like fairy tale and would have been better if it stayed that way.

>criticizes imaginative fantastical worlds
>replaces it with the most generic medieval fantasy setting ever made and fills it with the most mundane bullshit

Truly a model of the fantasy community.

imagine aragorn not being viggo for me he was the perfect cast

No just play shadow of mordor

There hasn't been a good LOTR game since B4ME2

>the white people in LotR are the countries with the lowest amount of actual white people

>HP got better
>literally unwatchable as adaptations after movie 2
>HBP removes everything about the book that was interesting and made it a random romantic comedy
I enjoyed all the films, but the first two really had that magical fantasy feeling to it that got lost in later films, kinda like what said.
As for HBP, I really liked the romantic comedy vibe it had. They're 16 at this point so obviously romance is going to play a part in their lives. HBP was also more light-hearted and reminded me more of the feeling of the first two.

Also, what interesting things about the book did they remove? I can't think of many major things, except for cutting a number of Tom Riddle sequences in the Pensieve which I admit was a shame.

JK Rowling isn't a communist, she's liberal as fuck. She loves New Labour and hates based Corbyn.

Yes. When malazan gets a 10-film series with each movie being 4 hours

i remember being 12

god I loved that game. I played it when I was 12 and found the last 1 or 2 missions so hard

Predator

I'm actually surprised lefties haven't gone after lotr yet.

>fucking WHITE MEN in charge
>western men saving their world from invasion by eastern men and orcs
>bad guys clearly depicted as Arab

Really? i've seen a couple interviews and it seems like a lot of the cast interactions was just Arnie trying to alpha male everyone

>implying competition isnt fun to alpha males

>chaotic crowd pushing forward from the back so no one in the front or middle has any room to move, swinging their weapons wildly hitting friend and foe
Is this clip a more or less accurate representation of medieval warfare than something choreographed like LOTR, historyfags?

Lol seems you never watched them
The last four I saw in theaters with everyone else my age when I was 17-21. You must be 14.

you liked these movies at 21? oh god even worse

people would be more hyped to work on LOTR back in the day since that was huge and everyone knew it was ripe for hollywood but all they ever got out of it was a cartoon

loads of people who didn't deserve it got to work on star wars (all prequel staff)

After 2 is when they became pure kino. You're a plotfag bookfag pleb. Yea the last one has a battle like the book. That's why part 1 is the exact opposite and extremely slow and faithful to the book and builds up well to it.
They acted completely normally. Maybe you never had a normal life. Harry doesn't have a good ole time after 4.

I'm reading the first book right now, and it's amazing how much content the movie skipped. I understand that they couldn't have a 6 hour long movie and they needed to capture the overall adventure, but the movie completely omits any story or mention of the sections with Tom Bombadil.

Piece of shit game

Everyone did. You'd know that if you weren't friendless in high school or college if you actually arent underage shitposting right now. I guess you think critics were all not 30+ either

>screenshots of RT
This board is a joke

Star Wars Episodes IV-VI (1977-1983)
Excalibur (1981)
Conan The Barbarian (1982)
The Fifth Element (1997)
Star Wars Episodes I - III (1999-2005)
The Lord of the Rings (2001-2003)

>Caring what r/the_Donald thinks about movies
Lotr was an analogy for kicking Germany's ass.

Same thing happened with videogames and movies.

They all peaked early and now Hollywood in particular is fucking dying

TRUE TRILOGY RANKINGS

1. LotR
2. STAR WARS
3. BttF
4. Austin Powers
5. Indiana Jones
6. Blade
7. Godfather
8. Nolan Batman
9. Mad Max
10. Prequel Trilogy

As a Potterfag, the movies got worse after 3, stfu

It goes 3>1>2>7>4>5>8>6

correct. Playing Saruman's rise to power over Sauron in Skirmish was great fun

Shaun of the Dead possibly

>everyone

No, you dumb faggot nerd. You were watching harry potter with your friends at 21 and I was banging sorority chicks and chugging brews on gameday,

that bitch literally ripped so many elements off of Lord of the Rings that its not even that subtle