Movies Sup Forums wouldn't like it they came out today

>Diverse cast

Anything that critics liked at the time
Anything that audiences liked at the time
Anything without superheroes in it (providing it wasn't a female superhero)
Anything with a female protagonist in general
Anything with any sort of narrative ambiguity
Anything even half good

DUDE TV NEEDS TO GET CALLED OUT ON THEIR SHIT LMAO LMAO LMAO

Great post.

stop trying to push the idea that Sup Forums is Sup Forums as a whole

I don't really like it anyway...

>DUDE SOUND LMAO

I think Sup Forums would like it.
Sure, its diverse, but its not ((diverse)). Everyone fit, and they all felt natural together, like they'd been working with each other for a long time.
The black guy was just a regular guy, the women were just normal women.
Even Ripley. Sure, she was a badass character, but the fact that she was a woman didn't matter. She was written as a hero first, not as a hero who happens to be a woman like they do in recent movies.

Completely reasonable, the last three survivors are the black guy and two women while ALL the straight white men die first? Then we had to have yasqueen slay the monster.

Don't forget the dumbass white men that brought it on board to begin with. Should have listened to the smart lady.

There is no difference between diverse and (((diverse))), you only think there is because you've been brainwashed by retards like Alex Jones, and the alt-right.

You know what I don't like? You, I don't like you.

ooo ima watch that movie while i play some vidya games

((Diverse)) would be casting a Black for laneclot diverse is like this movie

>Ripley
>badass
She doesn't do anything in the first Alien.
She just escapes with Jonesy.

13th Warrior
>fucking muslims

Fuck you haha

lmao no, you have no idea what you are talking about

>Anything with any sort of narrative ambiguity
kek what you mean by "narrative ambiguity" isn't a narrative that is open to interpretation but poor vague filmmaking in which no artistic choices are fully made.

Example:
The Shining: well made and thought-out film that is open to interpretation about what it ultimately all means.
The Babadook: poorly constructed and thought-out, multiple interpretations arise only from the lack of cohesiveness, and vagueness.

>no difference between diverse and (((diverse)))
>brainwashed by the alt-right
Hope you're getting paid well for this Shlomo, you know your mother wanted you to be a doctor

I don't care for you.

Woah its as if public's reaction to a film isn't just intrinsic to the characteristics of the very own film, but to the context and culture of the time and place of it's filming/release!

Such a way to call up the kernel my dude

following this logic Sup Forums would have loved The Thing
all male cast
the only blacks are a mechanic and a cook
all the scientist are older white men
an adaptation of an quasi unknown short story
great SFX
white director with antiestablishment tendencies
minimalist score by renowned composer
great poster
movie implies everything about a person is determined by their genetic makeup, so nature>nurture
the film in itself is as good as it gets

also critics hated it and it was a box office flop

>Implying Sup Forums was alive when it came out

>Sup Forums would have loved The Thing
Well, Sup Forums does.

>movie implies everything about a person is determined by their genetic makeup
??

the alien copies every cell in the man's body
it create a perfect copy with the same memories and behavior as the victim
thus man's behavior is determined by genetics and the structure of his nervous system. you could interpret is as a lack of free will. Marxistd on the other hand say than man is born a tabula rasa and the only environment he grows up in determines the way he'll end up
in the mouth of madness also tackles the lack of free will, but there the subject is predetermination

She's the only one with some common fucking sense on the whole fucking spaceship,
It's more of a case of everyone else being
>a) a fucking retard
>b) a coward
>c) a rule breaker

She did manage to defeat the alien at the end by blasting it out of the airlock, that was some quick thinking, but I really do think they played down the skills of the alien for that part.
Anyway, all the roles were gender neutral, I don't think it would have mattered if ripley was a dude or a chick.

Look at all this forced diversity, damn SJWs

>YASSSS QUEEN SLAY

It's two hours of a scrappy, street smart black guy from Detroit belittling, outsmarting and humiliating stuffy white guys in suits.

haha no joke, I was no not expecting the joke about the mexican being an illegal alien or something.
Also one of the main themes of this film was the theme of the importance of the nuclear family (ripleys motherly instincts, hicks fatherly protective instincts, etc), something that is increasing under attack these days.

They're about as under attack as black heritage.

>It's more of a case of everyone else

Most of everyone else. Parker is the only other crew member that had any brains. He probably would have survived if Lambert didn't fuck up at the end and he tried to save her. Now he'll never get that bonus.