0 emmys

>0 emmys

Are you kidding me right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5axwk5/the_best_evidence_of_shrink_ray_theory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, less plebs will watch it now

You really think a show revolving around a shrink ray would win awards?

WAT

Too many wh*te people in this

The blacks are the most important characters in it though.

Newfag please kill yourself

It's not obscure enough.
And despite its high production value it's mediocre.

Wut? Since when has the Emmys valued obscurity?

>obscure

what does that have to do with Emmy's? None of the winners are "obscure", they give awards to the most popular shows of the year, just not the neckbeard sci-fi shows.

Why wasnt The Leftovers or Fargo dominated? Was it too late?

yea, same with game of thrones

It just wasnt lovecraftian enough

they're not black enough because they speak proper english

It's a sci-fi show, what do you expect? Handmaiden's tale is about strong independent women being treating unfairly by men, of course that's going to win awards over a cyborg cowboys.

Too lovecraftian for general audiences
Don't worry OP all us intellectuals know it's the best show on TV

Fargo was nominated, didn't win shit.

we'll still get season 2 right?

Of course such a small show was overlooked. The judges must have shrunk away from it.

yeah, already started filming

Fuck the institute and fuck synthetic people

honey I shrunk the kids the tv series won two daytime emmys

Underrated

heheheh!!!!!!!!! le underrated

Glover's black, but he is not that obscure.

Glover's white.

Carrie Coon was nominated for best supporting actress in a limited series

>Limited

The Emmys are fucking retarded.

i really really enjoyed westworlds but for some reason the violins in the score piss me off
the use of radiohead motion picture soundtrack was phenomenal tho

The best part of Westworld is making fun of it in the live threads.

I have a feeling this show is going to get really big. Despite the first season wasn't too popular but didn't do bad either, I think they're going to start pushing this as their new GoT and make multiple seasons.

This. Awards shows are purely political.

The Leftovers is about ennui and the malaise of the middle class. These are themes that the Hollywood liberal elite are currently threatened by, because they're viewed as divisive. The departure does not cause the Garvey family to become unhappy and confused, it shocks them out of their numb state where they are unwilling to see this is how they felt already. The Garveys are wealthy and have a seemingly perfect nuclear family, but are all still fucked up. Basically in 'Trump's America' there is a strong narrative that liberals are disconnected from 'real, working class people' and 'real problems', so an unpopular existential show about wealthy liberal people feeling that 'something is just wrong' can't be celebrated. Which is a shame, because it's brilliant (also it's about lots of other stuff).

I want my comfy samurai and Rome world damnit.

Could be hbos assassin's Creed type show with in a show

Would be neat if each season had a different world with overarching themes and characters.

We know it's gonna end with some insane tweeeest because nolan

The idea behind westworld was cute, but it was executed shittily. Everything that isn't the Dolores story was dull crap

It was a tv show and not a propaganda video

D R O P P E D

You have no idea what lovecraftt is

I care about the Emmys even less than I care about the opinion of Sup Forums which isn't much

Yeah it really was more Lynchian than Lovecraftian

it was 'problematic'

>needing a little plastic statue to tell you if a show/movie is good
plebs

I watched and mostly enjoyed the show but I really don't think it deserved one. The writing was jumbled to make room for constant twists, the majority of the acting was cheesy as fuck, the philosophy was paper thin, the forced political shit was annoying and in the end only the last three episodes really mattered. Making your plot a clusterfuck just so you can surprise the audience when something happens doesn't make for a good show.

reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/5axwk5/the_best_evidence_of_shrink_ray_theory/

Read this and enjoy having your mind blown.

Initial response greatest response, as my fellow 4channers say.

In all seriousness I completely agree. Smaller fanbases are better, as long as it's still a big enough fanbase that it will keep getting seasons until the story is completed. Look at what a shitheap the Game of Thrones fanbase is.

So I haven't watched this show but I watched the Emmys and saw that little bit with Colbert.

Was that part where he moved his hand across his naked, muscular chest supposed to be a specific reference to the show? Because that was weird.

>different times theory confirmed
>shrinkrayfags still can't shut up about their retarded theory

It's like they wrote a perfectly competent but boring linear story and then threw it into a chronological meatgrinder to try to make it more interesting

Tarantinoesque.

>linking reddit

I thought all of us used Reddit. I came here from /r/gameofthrones because everyone said the generals on Sup Forums were pretty good. And so far... they've been epic.

I came here from r/trannyfootworship because I heard the BLACKED threads here were top notch.

You have no idea what Sup Forums is

rightfully so. it shat the bed in 3 episodes.

>it's not an actual subreddit
Thanks for getting my hopes up, jerk.

is this good?

Since all the shows that got Emmys this year are garbage, if it won any that would be a red flag for westworld.

You realize John Lithgow won an Emmy you enormous pleb.

Playing fucking Churchill, nearly any time someone portrays him they get an emmy or an Oscar

The Night Of was absolute Kino you cabrone

Not enough non-whites in it.

Pseuds BTFO

They made a joke about "I think the writers just throw that stuff in to sound smart" so they're obviously self aware about it.

>that frog looking bitch that offers to help and fuck William as he picks out clothes

Westworld is the most mediocre show HBO has released in recent memory

Deadwood, cocksucker.