Give me a good reason why the original mini series isn't better then the Remake

Give me a good reason why the original mini series isn't better then the Remake.

The mini series had everything.
Good acting.
Great charterers.
A comfy setting and atmosphere
Legit horror.
And a legendary performance from Tim Curry.

Face it the mini series is the better IT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=NivwqshLris
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish people could just be normal.
I watched the tv movies a shitload throughout my life but feel no need to compare them to the new movie.

Suddenly everyone has a hot take on which is better, on how craaaazy and fucked up this 30 year old novel is, how their opinion on King somehow matters after him having been one of the most successful authors in history for decades.

Why does no one ever have any perspective? Why didn't anyone else read all the notable Stephen King books in middle school like a normal person?

The most important part is that the miniseries is a lot more faithful to the book, even though shills around here like to pretend the new one is "finally a faithful adaptation"

No. The remake is a better film overall.

Tim Curry is the best Pennywise, but that alone doesn't make the film better.

And Bill Skaarsgard did an excellent job in his own right. So now, the only reason to watch the miniseries is for Curry's performance

i agree with this except i would say
90s tv kid section > 2017 IT entire movie > getting raped by a porcupine > 90s adult section

DUDE your opinion does not COMPUTE

Have you considered that maybe you are a rose tinted glasses wearing contrarian, white supremacist, nostalgic, racist, sexist, hipster???

Sorry but there is no way your opinion can be legitimate!!

>more faithful
>completely cuts out the house on neibolt street
>leper replaced with menacing showerheads

now list all the changes in the movie

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
they're both about a 6/10

Honest question, how many Sup Forums memes do you have that are turned into shit like this?

The mini series was orders of magnitude better than the film.

I didn't watch the original but it definitely couldn't be worse than the movie. I mean if it was at least a bit scary than it has my vote. The remake is just jumpscares and stupid monsters.

Because you don't get replies by being reasonable, duh. The lifeblood of any nerd forum is this vs that and tier lists.

youtube.com/watch?v=NivwqshLris

/End Thread.

>good acting
>great characters
>legit horror
>muh tim curry

Take your JUST pity party somewhere else, old man. The future is now.

now this video is shit

>The future is a remake
Thats how you know the jews are in charge

The mini series had too many off screen deaths and dragged a lot on scenes, it was boring and only gets praise for Tim Curry nothing else.

I feel the changes in the miniseries were because they couldn't make it while changes in the movie were artistic. Like I'm pretty sure the miniseries would have just made a direct translation of the book sans gangbang while the movie with today's technology was focusing more on what would work on film etc.

Nostalgia is the only reason people think it's good. I remember watching this back when it came out. I re-watched it recently and laughed my ass off at how cringy and bad it was.

This, Tim Curry's Pennywise is very enjoyable in a campy way while basically everything else is shit honestly.

I mean the future is new ideas and better acting and performances, take your "muh jewish boogeyman!!" back to Sup Forums, faggot

>inb4 "Sup Forums is Sup Forums!

No problem with a remake, especially since they remade it from a low budget shitty TV made for TV movie.

The 1990 version had to tone down the content to the point where it's maybe just a notch above 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?'. I have no idea why ABC of all networks produced it.

Plus calling it a remake isn't really accurate. It's a new adaptation of the book, not a remake of the 1990 miniseries.

do the losers even say beep beep ritchie during the film?
do they even build a dam?

>good acting
Literally all the actors except for curry, Richard Thomas, the main 6 kids, and John Ritter are shit. They give melodramatic performances and overact the shit out of every scene they're in
>legit horror
If you were actually creeped out by anything except for the Georgie scene you need to stop being such a scardy cat. The new one isn't scary, but sure as hell neither is the remake
>comfy setting
>using the word comfy
Discarded
>legendary performance from curry
One cool performance doesn't make up for a movie that is 60% melodramatic shit. Curry is great because his performance is over the top and hammy like he knew the movie was boring so he at least made it funny. He isn't scary at all, he's just fucking with the kids half the time like a comedy

Yes to the first, no to the second.

hey gramps
time for your enema

Only libtards do those.

>remake
There is only one movie called It, and it's based on a book.

special effects were dick

>Good acting
The kids maybe, but those adults are among the worst I've ever seen.

I agree OP, original had a lovecraftian edge over the newer one, its pure kino
see pic related

I feel you, read a fuckton of King in middle school. Being reasonable doesn't create conversation, I guess.

Stop using the word reasonable.

The Remake is written a lot better and much better actors overall

1990 does a better job of being creepy and making you uncomfortable.

the Remake just uses too many stupid jump scares, they could have been a lot more creative

Does the mini-series have the kids fucking

If yes, it is better, if no it is as useless as the film.

wo-HAH wo-HAH wo-HAH wo-HAH