Literally the worst episode of the worst show had to win

Seriously this plot was fucking shit and predictable its a typical lesbian story, people who voted for it are the same faggots who made Moonlight win some awards

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/national/feeling-our-way-to-decision-20090227-8k8v.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1wup_K2WN0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there explicit lesbian sex? Pls respond.

Not explicit the ep is 50 minutes long and 40m if it is some casual lesbian flirting/romance that can highly be seen as a filler since the main aspect of the episode is the ending

Damn shame, then. I agree it's absolute trash, m8.

its a fucking waste of time but america can only vote with their emotions

It's a pretty neat concept, it's just the writing is absolutely shit. Brooker writes a lesbian romance like he was a seventeen year old on tumblr

I got mad when i watched it and realized the entire concept was not only completely ripped off from, but tackled infinitely better in a fucking 30 minute Futurama episode.

Moonlight is legitimate kino tho, stay mad white boi :^)

I got disgusted at the handjob scene and I still question myself at why its considered as one of the best movie from 2016

exactly, normalfags thinks its genuine because of how they adapted it by trying to represent modern feelings and such. Netflix is a normie bait.

What is sad is most people who praise San Junpiero probably hates the shit out of White Christmas which was imo the best of the show

DUDE LESBIANS LMAO

Want to know something funny, it was observed that in those people who due to accidents involving their brain, lost their emotions, instead of becoming spock like reason masters, they started having problems in everything concerning their life choices, geniuses turned to idiots, because they lacked those "pesky emotions".
source:
baka.com.au/national/feeling-our-way-to-decision-20090227-8k8v.html

Also here's an interesting talk about it from a professor of neuroscience.
youtube.com/watch?v=1wup_K2WN0I

To the moon have a similar story (instead of visiting dying people, you change their memories to make their dreams come true)

yet people shit on it because its made with rpg maker, but san junipero wins awards.

FUCK people man

You're focusing on the wrong thing. Does this one have a happy ending? The punchline is throughout the credits.

Those normal faggots who liked San Junipero probably hated most of the show because it always ends badly when it is the main aspect of it

GOAT episode just because of her alone

she probably have a dick at least Barbara from sranger things was straight and thicc

also she didn't died virgin at 90

nice english, pajeet

suck my cock im typing on a wireless keyboard at 5 meters from a 24" tv

fucking great game, man

soundtrack too

They gave it away with that song in the first ten minutes or so, wholly predictable.

Worst episode was white bear

but it was beautiful

>all other episodes follow the dystopian, near-future plot structure
>this one doesn't, has a happy ending
>redditors and normies love it

Shut Up and Dance was Brooker-Kino because of /ourguy/

>the only episode with a 'happy' ending is the burgers favourite

colour me shocked, even joe rogan sperged about the show on his podcast once and said that was the greatest episode ever omg.

it's not the worst episode in the series, but it's nowhere near the show at it's best.

White Bear and San Junipero could've been 15-20m shorts instead

Burgers literally cannot understand films or tv shows with a non-happy ending, there's someting definitely wrong with them.

Take The Office for example. Don't get me wrong, I thought the US version of The Office was quite good but the final episode was pathetic, it was literally "AND EVERONE GOT WHAT THEY WANTED AND LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE ALL FUCKING MORONS"

Meanwhile in the original UK version, David Brent got fired because he was an imcompetent dickhead and everyone else just got on with their lives. Martin Freeman's character with his big dreams never went anywhere because he was always the kind of guy who would never follow his dreams. In the US version they just gave Jim everything and nothing went wrong for him.

I agree it was the best episode, but it didn't have a happy ending. Well, I guess it did, considering a fucking pedo was put away, but as a narrative, it wasnt happy

yeah even Futurama ended this way, imo it should've ended with Fry and Leela walking into the sunset and the screen fading away

but no, doc saves the day

truly america at its best

So what?

Who gives a fuck about the emmy's?

Great, now all the normies are going to flock to Black Mirror, and Booker is going to pander. As if Season 3 wasn't bad enough.

you're mom, grand mother, sister, brother, uncle etc

literally everyone without any actual passion for cinema

black mirror has always been the normieist of normie bullshit you maroon

wrong

Fuck off it was a good episode, not the best through.

That is a nice opinion you have there user.

It's funny, as amazing as that game was, it would actually have worked much, much better as a movie. GOAT writing and music, but the tiny amount of gameplay To the Moon had was mediocre and the interactivity added absolutely nothing to the story.
>mfw they both go to the moon even though every trace of her had been erased from his memory

yeah people considers it as a visual novel more than a game

Quiet goy and watch more veep and handmaidens tale. Also ignore the leftovers and any recent show of substance goy, as they did not pay tribute to us

No. It wasn't nornie until Netflix took over, and most of those episodes were try-too-hard garbage.

White Christmas was pre-netflix tho

pig fucking in the first episode put off a lot of people, it's by no means a show targeted at 'normies'

>bashing the best episode of the entire series

it's anthology it's hit and miss, 3rd season is normie as shit

>tfw the only person that loved Hated in the Nation

someone literally just told me it was his favorite episode ever made and a pure tv kino

is it true? i dont wanna waste 1h30

All the Black Mirror episodes are good. Some more than others but they're all pretty solid.

Not true. 2nd worst of Season 3, which is saying a lot.

Well, I didn't say I loved it for nothing. However it seems to be one of the most divisive eps, particularly on Sup Forums.

>2nd worst
Better than half the shite that came out

>tfw no mommy gf on the right

The only good episode

Why is it hated by most people who likes San Junipero?

>tfw no smirky gf on the left

Man that episode gave me the chills. Especially the part where he loses his memory and can't remember who he is

I liked San Junipero as well, but it didn't feel very 'Black Mirrory'.

imo it have a nice concept, nice visual, absolute shit plot

The story would've been the same whether they were lesbians or not, it's strange how many people latch onto that as the problem. Not liking the writing or the development of the plot would make more sense.

Also it's not really presented as a happy ending even though the characters might think it is, the episode makes it clear it would be impossible for them to be happy together forever, one because they slowly stop 'feeling' anything (as the people in the s&m club) and two, because a fake life as part of a huge server isn't really living, it's escapism taken to an extreme. It's a much bleaker episode than people gove it credit, depending on how you view 'life' and 'living'.

Easily the GOAT BM episode. It could be its own separate movie.

Literally the worst of S3

OOH BABY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S WORTH

I loved this one too because it reminded me of campy '70s horror films.

woah!
the faucking waif aka fake arya aka marsay is in this? how much?

Yeah, that's an interesting take. Like a Buddhist idea of living forever actually being a curse because you're just repeating an endless cycle of suffering. I was expecting a grim twist for the ending, but I guess it's ok to explore the idea in a more subtle way.

>a fake life as part of a huge server isn't really living, it's escapism taken to an extreme

Do you think that's true even in the case where the alternative is death? I mean you live your whole life as a regular person, and only join the server once you die.

The Waif(u) is in it from start to finish. She's the second lead after MUY CHEELDREN

The black girl was SUCH a bad actress too.

It's really obvious how the entertainment industry awards shit if it ticks the right political boxes.

I thought it would be a little bit more subtle but propaganda rarely is...

>all of the episodes have something bad happen to the MCs
>this is the only one that gets a happy ending because dude lesbians and interracial relationships

Retarded

This would be the equivalent of giving Twin Peaks an Emmy for the episode AFTER Leland Palmer dies.

You awarded the episode that does not represent the series at all.

Garbage. Normie tier "I can relate to that" trash to pander to idiots.

I can only say how I felt at the end of the episode when they showed the servers, and I was kind of disgusted. These people have a choice between accepting death with dignity or continuing to exist in an unchanging hellscape where the only thing they can experience is a kind of mindless 'fun'.

It's also one of the few pieces of media that has an interesting negative take on nostalgia, a kind of nostalgia where people are stuck in what was 'cool' when they were young and refuse to accept that the world moves on whether they like it or not.

They don't really continue their life after being a regular person and that makes the black lady's story even more tragic in my opinion. Not only was she dealt a bad hand in real life, the simulation of life she's in right now is nowhere near what a 'normal' person would have experienced in their life because it's an empty sensory experience. She will never grow old inside the servers and be able to look back at good memories of her youth and reminisce. It's just moving in a circle until you decide you can't take it anymore and disconnect.

The Academy hired extra subhuman voters over "muh oscarssowhite" so that's why Moonlight won.

this episode is trash, probably the worst black mirror of all time
>dude what if we couldn't tell the difference between VR and reality?

This was my favourite episode because it could (just about) plausibly happen today, it didn't rely on a fantasy "possible future" premise

Martin Freeman's character got un-cucked and his directionless life was redeemed by love

objective s3 ratings
nosedive>hated in the nation>shut up and dance>san junipero>men against fire>playtest

Why playtest last? It felt like classic Black Mirror to me; dark, twists, interesting sci-fi concept, creepy ending. You didn't like the main character or something?

IF YOU ig nore THEM, THEY'LL lea ve

enjoy your cancer in your shows you fucking manchildren.

I'll always post this, I'm amazed people don't realize how terrible San Junipero is. Heaven/Paradise are supposed to be amazing because in that afterlife humans are devoid of any earthly wants. There would be no need for sexual pleasure and other things like that. San Junipero is fucking terrifying because it's basically a very finite group of individuals who are living in a place designed to be purely hedonistic for eternity. That would drive ANYONE mad, and I'm pissed they didn't touch on it more. I mean these people are still human, with human flaws. They'll fuck it up. Fuck.

black mirror manages to come close to interesting ideas quite frequently

>typical lesbian story
what does that mean?

>These people have a choice between accepting death with dignity or continuing to exist in an unchanging hellscape where the only thing they can experience is a kind of mindless 'fun'.

Do you think San Junipero (or some other virtual world) would necessarily be a realm of pure hedonism for the avatars? I haven't seen the episode since it came out last year, but what's to stop someone from going into the virtual world after death and not living that way? I suppose the knowledge that you were essentially immortal would fundamentally change things, but I don't see why that would cause everybody to become hedonistic 80s nostalgia zombies.

It would take some thought, but I think a more meaningful philosophy of life as an avatar would be possible. Especially given the fact that if that technology existed almost everybody would make use of it, unless they had very deeply held religious beliefs or something.

I think the majority of people watching either couldn't tell that this was the point, or the show itself wasn't explicit enough about it. Because the majority of people seem to think it was a happy ending when it very clearly is not.

>meters
>24"

>put gay shit in your flick
>win awards

San Junipero isn't designed around living a quiet life. It's intentionally supposed to be about living out cool parties forever. It seems the majority of people who watched the show were either distracted by the lesbian/interracial couple dynamic, or they weren't capable of understanding the ramifications of what such a world would be like forever.

Is it stated that they can disconnect whenever they want after they're permanently in the system? I haven't watched this episode in probably half a year so I don't remember.

tv are measured in inches all over the world, here it's the only thing we measure with the imperial system

Terminatorfu made this episode fun to watch, even if she was a mary sue.

This coalburners face makes me so angry

>99% people like it but I don't
>why is everyone so wrong? I'm le special nowflake please look at me, I'm smarter than everyone else!!!!
kys my man

It's ok because it lets old virgin lesbos to live happily.

Yeah I need to rewatch the episode as well because I don't remember those details. It seemed like a permanent thing, but I don't know why they wouldn't incorporate some sort of killswitch into it. Surely the company who provide the servers for it wouldn't mind if one of the avatars decided to pull the plug? It'd save them a little storage space and electricity if anything.

Wow, you mean people who got braindamaged became braindamaged?
WHAT A REVELATION.
It's hardly comparable to purely existing without being entirely controlled by your emotions.
Also, nice source, champ.

>implying the people who like this episode aren't bleeding heart lesbian fetishists
Why should I take your opinion seriously?

The fact that they were two women is irelevant, the story is nice anyways and you may say the story is predictable but it's original, pintoresque, fun and sad at the same time

The people who think it's a happy ending are the ones in the wrong. There's a good episode in there, a plot that actually punches despite the pandering, but it never gets there.

I don't know if ANY virtual world would be pure hedonism, but that seems to be the case for San Junipero as it's shown in this episode. We don't see anyone using the world differently. For example you could argue that you could use that time to read philosophy or something, but at the same time, since the simulated world is limited to that city and its outskirts, what could you do with that knowledge you gain? It doesn't seem possible to build or change anything (the structure of the server remains the same whatver you do), and you have no way of passing on that knowledge because there is no forward movement in that world, no new generations to 'learn' or advance somehow, it's a loop. So in a way, whatever you do is just an end in itself, there's no greater purpose for anything in San Junipero. Again, this only applies to the world as presented in the episode. You could say that if the servers allowed for change (to give a crude example, if you had a sort of Minecraft online world but very well simulated), then it would be a different thing, it would basically be the Matrix where there is virtually no difference between real and simulated life, in which case you might as well move to that world, why not?

And I think part of the tragedy of the episode is indeed that if the technology existed nobody could say no to such a proposition, that's why it's so sad. Viewed from outside as a short story, I can see that such a world would be horrible, but if when I'm about to die I'd be given that choice, of course I'd say yes. I think that's part of why the episode is good, it presents an impossible choice where from the inside I can empathise with anyone chosing to go to San Junipero, but from the outside I understand it's hell, not heaven.

I don't think that's the episode's fault though, the show gives you plenty of information about what that world is, but some people still think it's a happy ending. And in a way that goes to show that despite all the problems, some people would STILL choose to go there, just like those in the universe of the show.

>The fact that they were two women is irelevant
Hahahahah
The fact that it involves 2 women is what literally sells this episode. No one else would give a fuck otherwise.

If I remember correctly, you can go in and out while you're alive, but if you sign the contract and get uploaded after you die, you're in that's that, because they're not monitoring every single person inside the servers.

If you want a different interesting take on this idea I'd recommend watching Fassbinder's World on a Wire.

Yeah I mean it's hard to say no. It's debating between a very real but limited and ultimately meaningless afterlife in San Junipero and having to have faith that there is something after, or accepting that maybe not living is better after all.

The episode doesn't touch on that enough. It lacks a lot compared to the other black mirror episodes because of this. It's all substance but it doesn't actually reflect long enough to have a good point. And it's disappointing, because you can see that there are bits of the discussion littered throughout the episode, but it's never discussed like it needs to be.

That's counterfactual and just your opinion, please avoid quoting me in the future unless you come with arguments

In the meantime stick to BvS where you see muscular men hug each other