What a fucking trainwreck

>Over two hours long but still managed to rush character development; the friendship between the characters is nonsensical and paper-thin

>Buckteeth

>Daytime television levels of budget CGI

>Jump scares coming from a mile away every ten minute

>No atmosphere, no subtlety

>IT moves like a Looney Tunes character in a chase scene

>Has a beta virgin voice, not scary or intimidating; too theatrical

I really wish we could have gotten Cary Fukunaga's original screenplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=NivwqshLris
youtube.com/watch?v=3NXk3mRoGOs
youtube.com/watch?v=Un95QbsM7uw
twitter.com/Variety/status/909594537751744513
youtu.be/GpvtxQmHudo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Boo fucking hoo.
Most of us like the movie.
God make your own horror movie then come back.

>Fat kid gets deeply sliced up multiple times, is fine. Winces when he cuts his hand a bit.

Okay nice argument but I disagree.

>too theatrical

kys

>Hey guys, if I critique something that a lot of people like then that makes me superior to all those people. r-right?

>Parents are rushed caricatures of neglect and abuse

A slow wound with a not very sharp objects makes you wince more than a fast cut with a sharper one

Nice Reddit arguments, faggots.

>Most of us like the movie.
Sign of the times. Persons such as this user have been deprived of the education needed to make critical decisions based on analysing data properly. It's truly tragic that such persons could well have excelled in their particular field, had they been provided with access to the proper faculties. Instead, they come to this place as tourists, and make a series of increasingly-poor decisions while unironically enjoying tragically-bad "flicks of the week" like It (2017).

Perhaps these people should simply go back.

Hated this. What the fuck were their problems?

>Oh no this movie I already decided not to like is doing well!
>B-b-better shitpost about it on Sup Forums, that will make me feel better

If your mental security depends on putting down things other people enjoy then I pity you.

it's a valid criticism of it though

..what's wrong with the buckteeth?

shut up nerd

I wanna dick Bev so bad, she gave me the biggest boner I've had all week

This is not an argument, but it's all you people can come up with in this thread. Holy shit, and OP is the insecure one? LMAO

Who's my little girl??

>Smashing box office records
>awesome reviews everywhere
>"it still sucks"
Stay salty bro

Probably the worst character in the movie. Her acting was so shit I couldn't stop cringing everytime she spoke

>but still managed to rush

not really -- the character development was done both directly, and tangentially, with some shrewdness with regard to how each character responded to difficult situations

More non-arguments.

I don't come to Sup Forums often but you people really are fucking braindead.

The nigger kid was completely left out even tho he's kinda second main character in the books. Seriously, that was as token role as token roles go

True asshurt baby fag.

what fucking arguments do you need? Go read the reviews, we're not going to copy paste shit here for your sorry snowflake ass.

>why was a fucking clown so comical and theatrical?

Look at this average Sup Forums brainlet.

>Basing your opinion off of what paid shills are saying

You can't make this shit up.

>us
easy there faggot I thought it was shit

Richie Toaster is my favourite character in the movie but I'd admit his character really need more time, even Stan and Eddie got more personal moments than him

He's not even a clown.

Great movie, only plebs think otherwise.

>living in a time when the popular opinion is owned by mouthbreathers and they can use box office scores and ratings to back them up
I hate this planet

I really don't think you are from around here if you can unironically make a statement that you know is counter to most individuals chaning .... I am not saying good or bad per se ... but I think the point of the thread would be to have opinions of good or bad and access where it lies ... everyone has tastes ...

>Toaster
>never read the book
>never saw the miniseries
pond scum

Only a minority of smelly fat neckbeards don't like it

Congrats on being part of the target demographic, they're making everything for you faggots now a days. Enjoy your lazy forgettable cgi flicks.

You're an autistic contrarian.

Thanks, I don't even want to know what shit you watch.

There hasn't been a single reasonable dispute to any of the above.

I disagree with OP's opinions.

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
agreed

Fuck off bro that was a funny name

Cary would have butchered the fuck out of it. The movie is 100x better than the original IT, so there is that.

Horror comedy kino.
It makes my dick hard that it is doing so well and that a few shut-ins are trying to say it is a bad movie.

He got like a scene and a half of rushed backstory and then magically becomes friends with everyone. The film really should have explored each kid in detail more and done more with the parents. We get shitty caricatures instead.

Dust settled, objective list everyone agreed on

Switch mid tier and low tier

lol nope.

Could be worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=NivwqshLris

the newer halloweens are scarier than IT.
youtube.com/watch?v=3NXk3mRoGOs
this scene should fuck with people more than IT. only people who should be actually scared of IT are people who are scared of clowns (apparently this phobia became really common around a year ago), if youre not scared of clowns and were scared in IT you might want to apologise to your dad for being a pathetic nu-manlet and off yourself

How do you know so much about reddit???

I base my views from posters like yourself :^)

Pretty sure it is implied that It's presence exerts a corrupting influence on the town and everyone in it.

What's happening here?
youtube.com/watch?v=Un95QbsM7uw

>(apparently this phobia became really common around a year ago)
Are you retarded? This is a pretty common phobia, dating way back to when Gacy was caught.

twitter.com/Variety/status/909594537751744513

IT corrupted our boy Finn

>Bev in Low
>Ben in God
>Stan not in Low

>I'm most of us.
My normie shit taste friends who love marvel and transformes movies also liked the new IT. I thought it was boring, not even scary, literally Goonies the remake.

Glasses stole the show

How will Millie Booby Down ever going to compete?

its not that common, and people overreact for attention.
I know a guy who's scared of clowns and dwarfs, he doesn't mention it, but if he see's one he just crosses the street or walks away from them. he knocked one of them fags who stalk people dressed up as clowns, because he just tried walking away but the guy kept following him. he was shit scared and you could tell because he was sweating, looked like he was about to cry and he started shaking. this guy doesn't go and watch IT (or anything with clowns or midgets) because he is actually scared of clowns.
then you get all these faggots saying ''ohhh im so HYPED for IT, XD!!!, its going to be soo good and scary especially because im scared of clowns'' if they were scared of clowns they wouldnt go watch a movie about a killer clown. they say they are for attention. ask them why there scared of clowns and they go blank and half the time they say ''because clowns are scary'' but wont tell you what they find scary about the, because they aren't actually scared of clowns. its pathetic.

Is Jack top?

Richie was cool as fuck, Stan is gonna die anyway but it felt weird how little the character did throughout the movie

12% of the US population has Coulrophobia. To put that in perspective, 5% of the US population is Claustrophobic.

Reminder that It is not supposed to be scary. It's a dark fantasy book. Stop using this argument. Also skarsgard > curry in every way unless you're a nostalgiafag

No

Switch mid tier and low tier and it's perfect

really? i though she did fine. it was stanly and mike that i wasn't that impressed with

The fat little kid playing Michael looks like a total sissy faggot, made me cringe.
You opinion = into le trash

Is that from the gangbang scene?

Who knows

They could have cut most of the kids and it would have been fine.

Seriously what did the black kid or the Jew add to the group? NOTHING. They're barely in it save for 2 scenes

That's a problem with the film, not the characters. Mike, black kid, hardly got any story and his rushed inclusion into the friend group felt awkward.

this is objectively wrong and your a retard

Is he the new Fred Savage?

i cant stand richie, so many quips

That means he plays the character perfectly

All he did was bring the nailgun.

They did remove everything that made his character interesting but the way he joined the Loser's Club is literally the same in this one. Rock war.

>7777
Confirmed

>Over two hours long but still managed to rush character development
The book is over a thousand pages long you dumb faggot.

Hexes for OP being a huge contrarian faggot.

>It's a "Sup Forums is btfo again episode
It was great.

I loved how fucking inhuman IT was, great performance.

Seriously? Bev made you cringe but you were okay with Stan?

two weeks of browsing and you may be the first user to get congrats. "It" is not horror. Fear is an emotional unit that King plays with. Pennywise scares the protagonists (kids); our (audience) fear is primarily empathic.

You know, I don't mind people being contrarian for the most part, but when you start spamming straight up lies and non-criticisms, it's not even trolling at that point. It's sad.

A bunch of droolings morons kept talking in the cinema when I watched it and asked each other when the clown murderer was going to stab the kids to death

>God make your own horror movie then come back.

Please, no.

Snarky comments like that are the reason so many godawful direct-to-video horror movies stain Netflix.

>you're not allowed to criticize it because a lot of people like it

No one takes you serious then

if AMC had special "non-hollering" theaters they'd be minting money cuz i'd pay up every time

There was a giant group of pajeets when I saw it.
JUST
youtu.be/GpvtxQmHudo

Agreed, curry-it was a person... skars-it was a thing in an ill fitting person suit.

I wonder if Pennywise's voice will be explained in chapter 2. Like Bob Gray could've been just some guy with such a bad voice that he used it to his advantage in his Pennywise persona. He becomes a hit with the kids, It sees this, ???, profit.

Whatever happens, I thought chapter 1 was good. Not a masterpiece, but a solid B.

>curry-it was a person
so his portrayal was wrong then, cool

What?

Yes, that is the recipe for the new generation of """""""""""horror""""""""" movies.
What is new.

Good, because old """""""horror"""""" movies fucking suck.