Captain Marvel #10 storytime

And thus ends the only good comic with Carol Danvers in it of the 2010's.
Press F to pay respects.

I haven't actually read this one yet, but this comic's managed its Civil War tie-ins well so far.

Oh, right, I forgot this was happening.

Who is this guy? I haven't read any Alpha Flight.

YASS QUEEN
A
S
S

He's like THE primary Alpha FLight antagonist, the one you go to if you need to do a one-off Alpha Flight story that doesn't involve Wendigos. Think Trigon for NTT

But Ultimates, user. And the new series looks good too.

Yeah, that was... not the ending I was hoping for. Oh, well, back to Yaas Queen until Marvel loses interest in her and we get a writer willing to do something interesting.

that was......actually good.

Ironman has an ass and waistline.

That's weird. Especially for this cover artist.

Holy shit, I love this turn of events.

I liked it, but I wasn't so hot on Carol going "actually I am great" and Puck going "yaas, queen". At least they paid lip service to the fact that she was the bad guy in CWII?

i can relate to him now

Awww, this is sorta sweet. I like that Carol has sort of a different relationship with Gyrich than I've seen other characters.

>I never wanted to be the boss, let alone the big boss

METAL GEAR...?!?!

>An actual villain was pulling the strings
>Carol being an asshole was part of her plan
>Alpha Flight don't immediately disarm into cheers and gratitude upon learning this
>Actual introspection from Carol, including the "Corps" being a source of anxiety for her
Y'know, I was worried about CWII coming in and fucking over this series after the great first arc, but holy shit the Gages really pulled it off quite nicely.

Fuck

Now we get to have KSD Lite Stohl and her YAAS, QUEEN Carol.

Pity that they're not sticking around. This is never going to go down as one of the Great Runs, but I think it'll probably be something to point to in the future for "good Carol".

>Gage will be the Slott fill in guy eternally instead of receiving big books

>Don't ask, don't tell
Where's Carol and Jess Fag? Lesbianism CONFIRMED

WHAT A THRILL

>back to Yaas Queen

Alpha Flight security teams have long mastered the art of appearing just too late, every time.

Whoa. An actual decent quip from Carol, bagging on someone else's costume.
Remaining somewhat optimistic about the Mighty CM book coming up. The new Ultimates started well too.

>"A symbol of your alcoholism."
Oooh, burn.

I actually rather enjoyed this fight. If Civil War II has done anything it's made the tie-in writers lift their game to cover Bendis's lightweight approach to continuity and logic, re: this, and half of Ewing's Ultimates.

Stohl is saying all the right stuff in interviews but the solicits+covers seem designed to troll the fuck out of Sup Forums.

Bit of 90s-ness in this art. Angular, weird proportions here and there, flatish colour. Is this the guy who'll be doing the Mighty CM book?

>Stohl is saying all the right stuff in interviews
Where's this? Haven't seen any interviews.

No, Roman Rosanas (Ant-Man) is on Mighty CM.

jesus fucking christ this shit was garbage.

Puck still best-bro.

I agree.
>villain who was supposed to have masterminded EVERYTHING outs himself like a retard and is taken care of in a single issue
>The fact that precog's powers are more and more unreliable is never adressed
>Carol still spewing her bullshit about being right when she was clearly wrong
>manlet talking shit about Tony

Wow... So they're really going with the "I hate my stupid fucking fans" approach

>good

Let's not go to crazy here.

>Even the man who was designed as asshole bureaucrat strawman is getting depth
This book is amazing.

You have extremely low standards, op. Are Carolfags this desperate?

Who?

I want to say that outfit is familiar but I can't place it. Is he really named "THE MASTER OF THE WORLD"?

Yes. And Carol really killed him during Kang Dynasty.

what?

He's got TV work, probably not actually looking for an ongoing.

do they have any other Carol solo books to compare this too? After KSD, this is an improvement.

>Wow... So they're really going with the "I hate my stupid fucking fans" approach
That's not what they're going with. They're saying that this kind of over-the-top hero worship bothers her a lot. Which makes perfect sense, because Carol has always not been a fan of herself. Look at what she was thinking here

So,
Marvel choose only the worst artist to drawn Captain Marvel
Only artist who can't draw a beautiful woman
How this supposed to work?

>Too many of them are like the master. An inflated sense of themselves... They know best. won't even consider alternatives.

Is the writer ribbing on the concept of CW2 itself?

ah wait, so if it is her close friend who is a female, she is ok to doubt the precog, but if it is a male, or worse a cis white male, she goes all brown town on them. GJ marvel and you wonder why your sells are falling.

This is how I view it, but I almost wonder if it was done ironically.

>Carol complains about people who are surrounded by yes-men who never let them know that they made a mistake.
>Surrounded by yes-men who refuse to acknowledge that she made a huge mistake that was only corrected at the very last minute.

She recognized the precog wasn't the one involved.

>Captain Marvel
>Good

How the fuck does she know if hydra cap did not just got killed by someone where a black spider suit?

>inspired me to get through chemo!
If only Jane would drop the hammer and do the same thing.

Because she examined the situation, found an inconsistency, worked out the cause, and put forth a plan of action to solve the problem.

But when it was Tony or the Spider dude she didn't have to analize anything at all, Same with Luke Cage etc.

In those cases, her primary attempt was to simply avoid having the negative prediction to occur by keeping those who are unlikely to act in such a manner from being able to at all. Hulk was not an enforced action but Hawkeye as a rogue agent based on an unknown previous line of communication and she tries to negotiate when both Spider-Man (Miles) and Captain America showed up in what seemed like a strange self-fulfilling prophecy. The outcry has been that she is arresting people without proper information, but the focus was simply on mitigating potential risks and was allowing them to pass once the threat was cleared. Everyone else is just going crazy around her and she still manages to force herself to maintain proper conduct instead of just punch everyone into submission. The main issue had on her end is simply tendency to say "you're under arrest!" without explaining the situation completely.

>she didn't have to analize anything at all

A shame.

>"boo hoo everyone hates me because I'm a woman and not because I'm a self admitted incompetant alcoholic asshole" is over

She hates herself and works to improve herself, originally out of a push to be a good role model but ultimately because of the self-awareness of the lows instead of just beat the shit out of everything and ignore problems. Even when others like her, she still feels that she needs to improve or else will relapse into wild killing machine that can only function while drunk.

Not NNAAAAARRGHH, alas.

Carol is a shit person. And get the fuck out of here with that woman in the airforce shit. God damn.

The airforce was made for women since it's full of pussies anyway.

>Remaining somewhat optimistic about the Mighty CM book coming up.
It's kind of hard to when the solicits read like everything wrong about KSD's run cranked up to 11

>Is the writer ribbing on the concept of CW2 itself?
Almost every tie-in has the writer ribbing on the concept of CW2 itself. The Cap tie-in had Rick Jones literally say "this is stupid. this entire thing would be resolved if everyone just watched Minority Report."

She killed Tony. She imprisoned a buch of people with literally zero legal right to do so. She failed to spot that she was working for a villian for years. AND THEY ARE LAUNCHING BALOONS!! I FUCKING HATE THIS GARBAGE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

Yeah, too bad its ending and getting replaced by YAAS QUEEN

Let's be real here, Gage is a decent writer but he's not really worthy of getting the big books. He's kind of like a Jurgens, where he's always consistently readable but never particularly great, which is perfect for doing fill-ins here and there but not something you want on some major ongoing.

Some of the covers are good.
And I'm pretty sure solicits aren't written by the writers, so I'm hesitant to consider them. Either way, if the #0 issue doesn't wow me I'm dropping it from my pull and not looking back.

since I skipped KSD's run, this feels like a pretty logical progression from Reed's Carol who was one of the few superheroes insecure enough to hire a PR consultant and got bagged out by Cru that her fears over how people see her are holding her back

>Air Force Rejected Me Yesterday

>AFRMY

Wow, women are smart AND funny after all

RIP

>She killed Tony
well, this is Tony Stark we're talking about. He was no saint

Why is it that every time Carol gets a sense of humility over the terrible things she did in Civil War II someone comes in an basically tells her 'Nah you were great out there. You're the real hero of all this.'? Even Tony got a nice taste of humility at the end of the first Civil War

The Triskellion hasn't been blown up yet so this is before the final battle.

>Currently under repair.

He's still a hero and supposed to be her friend. Even Tony didn't kill Steve when Civil War went down, he was assassinated. This is a hero killing a hero over something this stupid

People actually liked this?
And are defending Carol?
Ya'll are retarded, forreal.

if I was smart I wouldn't be reading capes

She hasn't killed him yet, and so far would be in self-defense against a radical.

>show up, without an army, and ask Miles to accept her offer for protective custody
>tin douche comes screaming out of the sky and immediately opens fire, while wearing war machine armor instead of his regular armor

Carol was in her rights, she stood her ground.