Flash #11: The Speed of Darkness

Hey folks, let's see how Williamson writes the actual Richard Swift.

Other urls found in this thread:

www60.zippyshare.com/v/wX0of7a4/file.html
www116.zippyshare.com/v/mhxceTM5/file.html
www14.zippyshare.com/v/cyE4RCr3/file.html
www31.zippyshare.com/v/QQkjG9wt/file.html
www99.zippyshare.com/v/AFaqxJQV/file.html
www24.zippyshare.com/v/DF750dau/file.html
www107.zippyshare.com/v/sjCiNdX9/file.html
www67.zippyshare.com/v/JSHlY2l5/file.html
www77.zippyshare.com/v/tBVyZ9F6/file.html
www104.zippyshare.com/v/1BqiG3sM/file.html
www75.zippyshare.com/v/a7yGOJYN/file.html
www117.zippyshare.com/v/ce7gR8XE/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder how fucking long they can dance around Barry and Iris. It's almost as bad as the show.

Woops

He's gonna end up with Jessica, obviously

This issue was a giant improvement over the first arc.
Jess deserves better.

this cover is confusing

They've been stringing along their relationship for 6 years now. That's long enough.

variant cover isn't much better

dialogue is mediocre

that is an old as fuck reference

no one reading this will even get it

It's a reference that people will only get because they've seen it referenced elsewhere.

I kind of agree. At the very least it's way too heavy handed with too much repetition.

When's the last time we saw this nigga?

Can we say Williamson is a hack yet? He seems terrible at dialogue and has a very bad case of "tell no show" attitude.

How the fuck this guy will do SS vs JL?

Not too long ago, actually. He had his own miniseries in the New 52 that ended in 2012.

I feel my real problem here is his Shade dialogue just does not remind me of Shade at all. Same character with none of the charm.

You could say he's but a SHADE of his former self.

Plus side, this really hits home on my evil, corrupted sexy ladies fetish.

Am I the only one that thinks that the old cliché that "Marvel has better heroes, DC has better villains" is bullshit, and maybe the exact opposite? DC for the past 30 years has been WAY better for long-form storytelling, serious stories in general, and most importantly has FAR more history. That seems to be the formula for really interesting characters with genuine depth. Whereas aside from Batman's rogues gallery they have very few villains that have much character history or development.

And that's it for this week. Hope you enjoyed or appreciated it.

Shade is fucking awesome but he hasn't been a villain for 20 years. Don't use Williamson's writing of him as some example.

Also the Flash's villains are awesome.

dems is evil bitches

Thanks, OP.

>and most importantly has FAR more history.

Dude what? They jettisoned away their entire history with the New 52. Characters don't have a sense of history anymore. Maybe they'll fix that in 2018 but as of now, they have no real history.

Why do they make girls so much sexier when they're evil?

Actually, on that topic, there's something I found interesting in this.

Barry has not met Richard Swift in the New 52. Swift's story finished up awhile ago and Barry never interacted with him beforehand. Yet in this comic they talk like they've known each other for quite a long time.

Which would be true, if and only if a bunch of the Silver Age stuff that was done away with in the New 52 came back. Which means, given Shade is still with Hope, this story branches some Silver Age Flash canon into post crisis Starman canon, and makes it all exist in the New 52.

So some weird, intertwined, multi timeline history for anyone wondering.

I think they just are sexier when they're evil.

Indeed. This was a good issue. I enjoyed it.

>Why didn't you tell me!
Wally I swear to god

The only answer here is to rape them to the good side again. Just thrust the shadows out of them.

Can somebody storytime #10?

Sure

so the monster Shade was a mislead? i made a thread about it last night and got 0 replies

The end

bump

Am I gonna have to start reading Flash again?

You can do whatever you want.

Robinson writing Shade was something really special, I'm not going to expect Williamson to that standard, it was something unique.

Yeah but it looks like he didn't even try. Also this issue is just super fucking exposition heavy in general. Feels like he's trying to shove a novel into a comic.

>Which would be true, if and only if a bunch of the Silver Age stuff that was done away with in the New 52 came back. Which means, given Shade is still with Hope, this story branches some Silver Age Flash canon into post crisis Starman canon, and makes it all exist in the New 52.
that would be interesting to pull off

They're wearing so many clothes yet still the boner remains. How is this possible?

Hasn't the whole run been kind of bad for that?

No Wally, No! Mr Swift is too powerful. I like you too much to see ol' Dicky knock your clock.

>MFW silly kid tries to sit at the adult dinner table on Thanksgiving

Why does Bally look like Cyborg in a Kid Flash outfit?

Honestly, he's talented but he absolutely needs improvement. With the right editor he could do some very good stuff.

But he's absolutely not going to get a good editor where he's working. So that's disappointing.

>Thanksgiving is fucking tomorrow
REEEEEEEEEEEE I don't wanna deal with all this family and all this interaction. Even worse I gotta drive across town to visit the other side of the family and deal with them.

Same haircut and artists can't draw visually distinct faces with any consistency.

Starman fag here. I've been in major withdrawl since the Shade mini 4 or 5 years back. It was great to see Ol' Swift again and glad they kept his characterazation in tact, but the writers dialog just didn't match up with the wit and charm Robinson wrote him with. Still, Shade has been my favorite DC character since reading Starman in my late teens and it was a joy to see him in action again. Also very enjoyable since Flash (and Titans) are the only comics I keep up with anymore (beside based IDW Godzilla comics) so I didn't even feel lost reading it just for Shade.

I look forward to more issues and buying the TPB to put on my shelf next to my Starman omnibuses and Shade mini TPB.

Starman was THE most continuity heavy post crisis DC series ever written. Having it be canon in post New 52 causes much confusion but I dont give a fuck. Starman was the best DC comic every written and I welcome it back into the timeline. I mean, we already know classic Jay is coming back, so whats the harm? I don't NEED more Jack Knight, but I like knowing he's still living in SF raising his kid and that all those stories happened. This just proves more so past the Shade mini that Starman is still a thing post N52 and I'm happy for it.

All I'm unhappy about is Hope being a (sexy) evil lady. I really liked her n Dick's happy ending. Maybe thats why concluded stories should stay untouched, but it's still fun seeing Shade pop up

You know she'll get saved along Iris and they'll be back to their happy ending by the end of it.

The Flash 011 (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Thoth)
www60.zippyshare.com/v/wX0of7a4/file.html

~
The Flash - Rebirth 01 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (F) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www116.zippyshare.com/v/mhxceTM5/file.html

The Flash 001 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www14.zippyshare.com/v/cyE4RCr3/file.html

The Flash 002 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www31.zippyshare.com/v/QQkjG9wt/file.html

The Flash 003 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/AFaqxJQV/file.html

The Flash 004 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www24.zippyshare.com/v/DF750dau/file.html

The Flash 005 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www107.zippyshare.com/v/sjCiNdX9/file.html

The Flash 006 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www67.zippyshare.com/v/JSHlY2l5/file.html

The Flash 007 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www77.zippyshare.com/v/tBVyZ9F6/file.html

The Flash 008 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www104.zippyshare.com/v/1BqiG3sM/file.html

The Flash 009 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www75.zippyshare.com/v/a7yGOJYN/file.html

The Flash 010 (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www117.zippyshare.com/v/ce7gR8XE/file.html

Thanks for the story time!

Fuck yeah! While it's not from Robinson i actually like seeing him again

>not going to get a good editor where he's working
Why not? DC has no good editors? HEMIN

Thanks, user! I somehow missed it last time

Is Iris a complete fucking moron?

What made Starman the best DC comic ever written for you and why don't more people talk or refer to it? Genuinely curious.

This is so sexy yet so stupid.

So imagine all the great shit about Wally West's run -- the struggling to live up to legacy, the intricate and awesome supporting cast, the huge stunts of heroism bolstered by overcoming insecurities. All that great jazz.

It's that without any of the stupid Speed Force shenanigans. It's more about Jack being thoughtful or clever rather than just being the most powerful. And The Shade is probably the highlight of the run. His change from mustache twirling villain to anti-hero ally is possibly the best character development in cape comic history.

It's not talked about more because who gives a shit about Starman? It was made in the 90s so it's not some recent hit for people to latch onto. Yet it was so good it went on for YEARS and got a good conclusion. It's one of the few cape books to sell decently well on quality alone, despite no advertising and no big name attraction (either writer or character).

I know a lot of people were wary of Shade appearing. What was old Shade like compared to this?

I'm getting Kingdom Hearts flashbacks.

Pretty much like this

If you are asking what the 90s Shade was like, I shall show you!