Thoughts on Texas Chainsaw Massacre? First time I watched it, Resident Evil 7 spoiled me the entire movie...

Thoughts on Texas Chainsaw Massacre? First time I watched it, Resident Evil 7 spoiled me the entire movie. Anyway is this a masterpiece or just another horror movie?

It comes close to being a horror masterpiece

I don't see how RE7 spoiled the whole movie when only the dinner scene was referenced.

its a shame you played a video game before watching something like TCM as it has soured your thought of a great film.

ikr

Is it really graphic ? I heard it's actually not.

Probably pretty tame by today's standards

It is but the low budget worked in its favor. TCM has a really unique look to it where you can feel how dirty and hot it must have been.

well it's not gore, the chainsaw massacres are not actually shown but the movie has gorgeous aesthetics and the tone is really unique. Even the opening credits are super well made

Fuck yeah, from the opening scene with the armadillo and the cow farms in the countryside you get this gut feeling that something just isn't right. Learning it was based on a real person, Ed Gene doubled the scare factor for me.

The only horror movies that scare me are ones based on serial killers or real life disappearances. Anything with abstract paranormal or monsters does nothing for me

Is it lovecraftian?

please gib recommendations for next horror movie I'll watch tonight

Candyman

That shit gave me nightmares when i was kid, and i never seen the whole film, just some scenes.
I cant believe the horror genre turned so bad.

a lot of the bones they used a props were from actual skeletons. turns out they could get real bones cheaper than plastic props, so they went wit hit

>After getting into the old-age makeup, John Dugan decided that he did not ever want to go through the process again, meaning that all the scenes with him had to be filmed in the same session before he could take the makeup off. This entire process took about 36 hours (five of which which took to put the makeup on), during a brutal summer heat wave where the average temperature was over 100 degrees, with a large portion of it spent filming the dinner scene, with him wearing a heavy suit and necktie, sitting in a room filled with dead animals and rotting food with no air conditioning or electric fans. Everyone later recalled that the stench from the rotting food and people's body odor was so terrible that some crew members passed out or became sick from the smell. Edwin Neal who played the hitch-hiker claimed: "Filming that scene was the worst time of my life . . . and I had been in Vietnam, with people trying to kill me, so I guess that shows how bad it was."

More of graphic imagination with the angles and sound. Particularly the death of one of the characters involving a chainsaw which still fucks me up to this day but yeah it's super tame.

One of the better horror movies of all time. It's worth checking out and holds up well outside of acting in the first half.

Was it kino?

Too bad the old-age makeup looked rather stupid.

I liked the one remake where the dude gets his leg sawed off, then leatherface grabs a handful of salt, jams it onto his fucked up leg, and then sews the rest of it back on.

that was a stinger.

then I remember a later shittier remake, where they dangle this fine bitches cleavage the ENTIRE fucking movie, and at the end her top gets ripped, but still not enough to show anything, and they NEVER show her tits for the ENTIRE fucking movie, at all. and that was the only reason I kept watching it at that point.

2 is better

That second one is the one with Daddario. At least we all eventually saw her tits in True Detective.

It's a movie that can't be replicated, because it was a product of the absolutely miserable production conditions that preceded its release

>super well made
I don't disagree with your opinion, but could you write like a normal HIV negative person?

pretty Lovecraftian

>not showing boobs in a horror movie

they did everything wrong

RE7 was pure kino.

nigger how the FUCK can you have not watched it and had it spoiled by a damn game that came out this year?

no way you're older than 15 what the fuck

It's a pro-vegetarian movie about how meat is murder, not joking the director has talked about it.