DC has all of the fucking best black comic book characters. This simply cannot be denied

DC has all of the fucking best black comic book characters. This simply cannot be denied.

Who's the one between Static and John Stewart?

Plus you forgot The Wall and Bloodwynd.

Batwing, David Zavimbe.

>6 of them are tech guys
>3 Have electricity powers
lmao. Also what are these? They don't look like DCC or Heroclix

This is a well known fact to anyone who is not a casual

The only one out of all of these I like is Manta. Static is cool, I guess, but I never read him beyond the cartoon. Stewart a shit.

I was going to argue on this, but you're fucking right.

How will Marvel ever recover?

Batwing. He´s on Detective comic´s current arc.

By pushing Moon Girl harder.

>Bloodwynd

truly the best league member to ever live tbqh

By giving Ewing a Blue Marvel and Spectrum solo.

>Ewing's Palette Swapped Reed Richards and Cardboard Cutout Monica
I'd rather not.

DC do have some pretty cool black heroes

Yet none of them are as great or Iconic as Tchalla. And to a lesser extent Cage.

Top lel

Only Mr. T is goat.

Marvel has Cage, Fury, Storm, Cloak, Bishop, Blade and mother fucking Monica Rambeau

Marvel wins, and I didn't even list BP and Falcon.

As a group they suck, the mechanic/electric theme is a bit way too recurrent don't you think? A momochromatic group can't be best.

Jesus Christ, half of these black "characters" are just white hero analogues.

Black Panther, Falcon, Cage, Storm... at least they're their own characters.

He is severely underrated.

The best.

And it didn't even include Wally

I vastly prefer DC, but Marvel has much better black characters

>Black Panther
>Storm
>Luke Cage
>Falcon
>Blade
>Monica Rambeau

Cyborg is pretty shit as a solo hero and happens to be DC's most prominent black character right now

I really can't stand Cyborg outside of Teen Titans. Why is DC so dead-set on pushing him?

By turning their white characters black. Y'know, like they have been doing for a while now.

They want him to be as popular as the other Justice League members, they're trying to raise him up to their level. Problem is, he really shouldn't have been a founding JLA member in the first place and so nobody really buys him as one.

They don't have any better black hero.

Well, Static "better" is but the casual market doesn't know who is him so its as good as non existing

Negro, are you for real?

LOL no.

The only good one there is Steel. You notice how all of them are in limbo or supporting characters

>In b4 Cyborg
Nobody gives a shit about him black or white.

Its weird DC decided to push the barely human black character

They should've just used Vixen. It adds diversity points and also means Wonder Woman isn't the only female on the team. Plus she fills a niche none of the other members fit into (Batman could easily fill the 'good with tech' niche). She's also a classic Justice League character so it doesn't feel weird seeing her with them unlike Cyborg who is traditionally Teen Titans.

Yup.

I like Prowler, but they never do anything with him ever, and Black Panther is only good under certain writers, otherwise he is Marvel Batgod. Luke Cage is pretty good, but only God tier when he's with Danny.

I like DC but Marvel is objectively better in this department.

>Black Panther is only good under certain writers
You can say the same about almost evvery character

I'm partial to single father of two girls school teacher Black Lightning, but Vixen is a good one too.

Black Lightning is a good choice too, literally anyone would be a better choice than Cyborg

static is in fact a milestone character.

milestone has the best black characters

No they dont

People really exaggerate milestone's quality

>Still hanging on to a distinction that has been meaningless for almost 20 years now

Milestone is pretty objectively awesome.

That it was taken from us before it's time means it never had a chance to go bad.

They do even if you leave out the rest of milestone.

Is Steel a Legacy Hero with him being inspired by Supie and Captain/Citizen/Commander Steel guys running around DC?
Also I personnally like the Milestone characters running around in DCU. The original Dakota-verse felt cramped.

All this talk of black Heroes and nobody has mentioned Icon, Rocket, or Hardware.

>Luke Cage
Has been sucking for years thanks to Bendis making him as bland as humanly possible. Cage! is a step in the right direction, but that obviously is not gonna last.

>ctrl+f
>brown bomber
>phrase not found
Sup Forums, please.

Black Panther - He's cool.

Storm - Only Chris Claremont can write her well, otherwise she's fucking trash.

Luke Cage - Ruined by Brian Michael Bendis.

Falcon - Fucking boring.

Blade - Not even fucking relevant anymore and when he was it was only for his Marvel comic book movies.

Monica Rambeau - *yawns* (not even worth a real comment, she's bland as burnt fucking toast)

>By giving Ewing a Blue Marvel

And making sure Bendis doesn't write Blue Marvel again.

I just Want Static to be a Titan but Milestone is getting shoved back into their continuity

Fury is a blaxploitation legacy and most of those are literal whos

>Falcon
>his own character
top lel

The Heywoods are a pretty distinct (in-universe I mean) legacy line so I wouldn't count Irons as a legacy in that regard.

>I don't read comics but spend a lot of time looking stuff up on Wikipedia to pretend I do: The post.

>no women

Has the new Aqualad shown up in Aquaman since rebirth, or is that another thing we're still waiting on?

>John Stewart.
>Static.
>Black Lightning.
>Vixen.
>Cyborg.
>Black Manta.
>Steel.
>Batwing, both David and Luke.
>Mister Terrific.
>Val-Zod.
>Earth-9 Superman.
>Tangent Superman
>Bumblebee
>Icon
>Rocket
>Bronze Tiger
>Black Adam
>Bloodwynd
>Diggle
>Wally West
>Kaldur'ahm
>Firestorm
>Guardian.

How can Marvel even compete?

good

Azrael, Brick, the black guy from Future's End who I can't think of atm, etc. DC just has better black heroes.

>the black guy from Future's End who I can't think of atm
>DC just has better black heroes

I just can't think of his name at present. But after a quick Google, it was Stormguard. Sorry I can't remember everything bro.

Robin - Duke Thomas?

Also
>Just Imagine Batman

>Hawkgirl (Earth 2 & CW DCU)

>Black Panther
>War Machine
>Blade
>Storm
>Falcon/Captain America
>Miles Morales
>Nick Fury Jr.
>Dr Voodoo
>Spectrum
>Cloak
>Deathlok
>Blue Marvel
>Misty Knight
>Midnight Sun
>Night Thrasher
>Bishop
>Captain Universe
>Luke Cage
>Moon Girl
>Ironheart

It's interesting that DC has actually made more characters black after the fact than Marvel.
Also, DC's black cape films have all done dismally.
And very few of them have featured as the star of a book/leader of a team compared to Marvel.

>Black Adam
WE WUZ

Duke isn't that great, just yet, but then you also had Tiffany Fox as Batgirl.

K
A
N
G
Z

Black Manta is a hero now?

gas the Atlanteans race war now

>Deathlok
>Midnight Sun
>Captain Universe

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there huh?

Not him, but the guy he responded to listed such stars as Bloodwynd, Diggle, and alternate universe Supermans

but marvel has luke cage, misty knight, miles morales, Black panther, Falcon, Blade, Monica, Blue Marvel, moon girl, Riri williams, Black bolt, storm, Alex Wilder, and manga doctor doom. that is a bunch of heroes that do different shit and aren't just mantles (some are)

>moon girl, Riri williams, Black bolt
lmao

>Talking shit on Diggle.
>An original character that turned out to be so popular with fans that he actually made the cross over from Live Action to comics.
>Talking shit on mutha'fuckin' Bloodwynd.
Other two are valid. You also got Papa Midnite for DC.

Good Heroes tier
>John Stewart
>Static
>Vixen
>Cyborg
>Mister Terrific
>Black Lightning (only for In My Pants meme)
Made Black for Diversity tier
>Guardian
>Wally West
>Firestorm
>Kaldur'ahm
Yet another Alternate Superman why not tier
Val-Zod
Earth 9 Superman
Steel
Characters no one has heard of tier
>Bumblebee (oh yeah the cartoon 3rd string)
>Icon
>Rocket
>Batwing (remember when this was a vehicle?)
Not-even-a-fucking-hero tier
>Black Manta
>Black Adam
>Bronze Tiger
>Bloodwynd
Not a comic book character tier
>Diggle

>Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there huh?
4 of the characters on the DC hero list are villains, lel.

>manga doctor doom
Kek.

At least DC isn't scared to make blacks villains, besides Man-ape lel

>You also got Papa Midnite for DC
also not a hero
You gonna include Perry White from DCEU now?

Wait, is Vixen really the highest profile black female in the main DCU?

>I don't actually read comics, I just shitpost about them.

>Not talking shit on bland Uncle Tom character
>Acting like being transitioned into comics is a merit even though so did Felicity

Can you think of someone else?

By leaps and bounds

you can greentext or you can provide some modern examples

maybe black women should actually draw buyers

music is the only medium I can think of where they do

Black Adam isn't even black

isn't he Egyptian? aka african?

I guess Waller might be, if we're just talking about black female DC characters and not just superheroes. But even that might be moving laterally.

Isn't she usually played by mixed actresses, though?

SO YOU BE SAYIN WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEIT?

Bumblebee
Nu'bia
Miss Martian in the Supergirl show?

Geez that fell apart fast

Felicity was already in the comics, as a Firestorm character. The only reason she then once again appeared in DC Comics was due to Arrow's show writer, Kreisberg, writing 6 or 7 issues of Green Arrow, which no one liked, especially after Lemire's run.

>Diggle
>Not a comic book character

DC Wins because they have the Blackest character. Cloak and Dagger can't compete.

Heard of Barracuda?
Several Serpent Society members are black, including Black Mamba, Puff Adder, Cottonmouth, Rock Python, Diamondback...

Luke Cage has plenty of black villains, because
he regularly appears in comics, like Black Mariah, Bushmaster, Hardcore, Shades...

You've got black Spider-Man villains like Tombstone and Vermin and Slyde and Menace

Black Panther villains like Erik Killmonger, Moses Magnum and yes, Man-Ape

Plus random/team guys like Thunderball, Condor and King Bedlam

And that's leaving out all the olden 70's villains.

Seriously, you've never read a Marvel comic right? You just talk out your ass about them?

Cloak is literally a hole to Blackspace. And he has a white girlfriend sidekick.
He's WAYYYYY blacker than Ebon.

I can still see Cloak's face.
Ebon's runs a superpowered gang, is masked in 24/7 darkness yet still has his cornrows, and his name literally means Black.

You must concede. However, I'll give you the white girlfriend bit. That was good.

Almost none of these characters are as developed as Black Panther and Luke Cage. And this is a massive DCfag speaking.

I think DC writes better comics overall but Marvel has better Black characters.

Vixen and Icon are pretty great though.

>Egyptians
>black

Cloak is an ex-junkie who lives in the streets, and is a man sized hole to the Dimension of Blackness.
Even leaving his white GF aside, he's blacker than Ebon.
That's because DC uses black Superheroes as silent props in teams to show Batman and Superman aren't raciss.

DC has some shit black characters
all of them are either in limbo or just scrapping for page time behind a white hero
At least Miles has his own book can't say that for static or aqualad(who DC made gay because muh diversity)

>Son of Cyborg is only referenced in the back of the book in the who's who

He's black AND gay now?
How long before transexual?

>white GF
Benis pls.

and that's why Marvel always wins
DC can't even break Cyborg after like 6 years of pushing him down people's throats
whereas Marvel just needed bendis to write Luke Cage and he became really popular.

literally who