22 million people

>22 million people
>Still brew the best beer in the world

Can we have an Australian exceptionalism

Other urls found in this thread:

pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/04/a-transgender-4-year-old-is-transitioning-before-kindergarten/
craftbeer-shop.com/epages/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318/Categories/Brauereien/USA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

.. thread

Yeah no..leave your island sometime m8. There is a whole world out there

But I've already been to the us. It was horrible, it was filled with Americans

I am going to tell your emu overlords you are shitposting again..

>exceptional
pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/04/a-transgender-4-year-old-is-transitioning-before-kindergarten/

>best beer in the world
>has bitter right in the name

Bitter is never a good thing in the food/beverage world.

Otherwise you'd see fuckin' earwax as ingredients and garnish 'n shit.

>>Still brew the best beer in the world
This is just factually inaccurate, much like all the Europeans who claim that American beer is pisswater compared to European beer. Statistically speaking, American beer is overrepresented in every sort of global beer competition, in all categories, year in and year out. Although the macrobrews in America tend to compete on who can have the lest amount of noticeable flavor, microbrews do the exact opposite, and we have a much bigger microbrew scene than the rest of the world, and it shows through our domination of beer tasting competitions.

Sorry, Australia and European, but America happens to be the country that is consistently overrepresented in global competition. For people who drink beer, the world agrees that American beer is the best.

This really made me think

>Although the macrobrews in America tend to compete on who can have the lest amount of noticeable flavor, microbrews do the exact opposite, and we have a much bigger microbrew scene than the rest of the world, and it shows through our domination of beer tasting competitions.
But how many people actually drink stuff from microbreweries?
I like to drink some when eating good food as well, but when going out with friends? No thanks, I'll much rather get a good tannezäpfle (not that macro either, but not micro).
Microbreweries are just too expensive to drink on these occasions and the american macrostuff sucks dick, while the German macrostuff is at least drinkable.

Are you waiting for the markets to open again m8?

Alpha acids in hops =/= ear wax

Also why you eating ear wax?

I mean, doesn't everybody try it once?

It's not that weird, is it?

>VB
>best beer at anything

Don't you emu serfs pay something ludicrous like $20 for a six pack due to the alcohol taxes?

>fosters
>good

lol no

>But how many people actually drink stuff from microbreweries?

I work at a liquor store in the middle of buttfuck, nowhere; I'd estimate around 30% of my customers do.

Microbrewery representation is huge. In my small shitty anti-business state alone (MD) there's a fuckton of microbreweries and farm breweries, most of which have some representation in all the local bars and most of the restaurants.

Have never tried VB. Then again I'm in QLD it's usually XXXX or nothing

>VB
mate

I'm from QLD and holy shit so many XXXX shills up there too.

Honestly Great Northern, Toohey's Dry, the clear Carlton ones, craft beers or fuck off really.

In defense of the rest of the world, Australia is about 5 years behind as far as craft beer goes. Aus is kinda where Japan was about 10 years ago. Japan's about caught up to where the US was on craft beer about 4 years ago.

Canada's beer is pretty good too 'eh.

Source: Well-travelled Aussie.

>kanga-digeridoos and amerifats arguing that they're the greatest beer-brewing country in the world
>while Belgium, Czech Republic and Germany exist

Every single person I know drinks microbrew, even when going out. Most adults would rather have one nice beer with their meal while out with friends as opposed to 3 or 4 macrobrews. Macrobrew is generally consumed when quantity is important, not quality, which is why the macrobrew meta is to have the lightest, least tasting beer possible.

>Microbreweries are just too expensive to drink
Let's put this in perspective. Macrobrews are about $0.50-0.60/12fl oz, while local microbrews tend to be about $1.00-2.00/fl.oz, at most. These prices are not based on bar prices, for the record, rather, they are based on what you'd pay at a liquor store or grocer. And, of course, this is generally based on purchasing a 6 pack, but often times you're buying a 4 pack or a bomber of a micro, but you understand the point being conveyed. The price difference isn't that much. Though, to give this some perspective, even a local bar has 50c PBR night. Macro is universally cheap and designed to be consumed in quantity.

That depends on where you go. Californians barely drink anything else these days, but I'm sure in the South they still chug bud or something gross like that.

The point is that it's available, a lot of people just choose to drink cheap piss because it's cheap. We're getting to the point now where good craft IPAs are barely more expensive than natty ice.

Carlton and Tooheys is alright
>Carlton mid can fuck right off though

A lot of us drink micro, and that number is only going to go up as the generations age. Macro stuff is decent for parties, but other than that I and everyone I know are always buying small scale stuff. American beer has a ton of variety, with more on the way.

I've tasted several german beers, and though they were probably macro they did not leave me with any meaningful taste. They were crisp, but bland without any distinction from one another.

I'm also in Columbus, OH, so I'm kind of spoiled from the large brewery scene near me though.

Austalian & NZ beer are awesome
also you grow the best hops

Funny, because, according to most world beer competitions that have a global panel of judges and a global selection of beer, American beer tends to always outperform the competition.

Strange, isn't it? Really gets those neurons firing.

In south australia we call VB 'very bad' for a reason. Coopers pale ale knocks that shit out of the water. Even West end draught.

It sounds like a successful microbrewery in Australia would make bank, unless you all just vehemently stick to the major brands.

>muh award-winning microbrews with no availability outside of 1 town.
>b-b-but we win competitons g-g-guys.... r-r-right?

That's cool, honestly. Nowhere near as many people do in Germany, but our scene is growing a little - finally.
But hands down, I think they'd have it much easier if the beer from macrobreweries in Germany was worse. Tannenzäpfle for example is really a good beer and when I have the choice between drinking 3 beers with friends I'd choose it over something from Riegele (which I enjoy a lot), just because one is 1€ for 0,33 and the other about 2.50€.
Than again Tannenzäpfle is much better than for example Radeberger (I think that's known across the pond?) and a decent beer.
That's why I think the reason you have such a good microbrewery scene is because your macrobreweries are just so fucking bad. Macros in Germany aren't as bad, at least not all of them, so Microbrewerie stuff has it harder around here.
If you can ever get your hands on a Tannenzäpfle I'd recommend trying it out. It's pretty popular in germany, so I guess it should be available abroud, but probably for a decent markup...
>We're getting to the point now where good craft IPAs are barely more expensive than natty ice.
Sadly that's not the case in Germany - and I think Europe - a decent beer from a microbrewery is mostly about 2.50-3€ for 0,33l, while a good macrobeer is about 0.80-1.20€ for 0,33, about 1.50€ for a good one in 0,5l.

Yeah nah american beers are bland af you guys just bribe them better.

Are there any German beers that don't follow Reinheitsgebot? By limiting the ingredients like that there's only so much you can do to beer.

how can one county have such god tier beverages?

Its about 35USD for 24 domestic beers.

6 packs are a rip off and cost about 50% more per beer.

beercucks can't even compete

>not posting a Cooper's
Yeah, kill yourself

Huh, strange, because according to this catalog I'm looking at for a local liquor store, they have 1,496 micros listed for in store pick up, yet only 51 come from my specific state. Sure, of course this probably double-lists different quantities, but you get the point. Really makes you think. Think that you're wrong.

It costs less than $20 for 30 packs in America. Usually anywhere between $15-20, though, Hamms, for instance, is only $11 for a 30 pack depending on where you live.

>irish beer

>brit flag

there's a "microbrew" right in my neighborhood in Denver a few blocks away. some gentrified city areas a filled with these places, and most make very good beer.

at liquor stores I can get bottles of all sorts of craft beers that aren't micro brewed, but the brewery is certainly not as big as Coors in Golden CO

The Great American Beer Festival is held here in a month's time. I've gone a few times and have a ticket for this year. Its a blast and any attendee from Europe or the Anglospere would be impressed with American beer after hitting this fest.

>Guinness
>Beer
>That flag

says everything really

what does VB taste like aussfriends?

USA has the cheapest beer per comparative income in the world.

It's cheaper to brew your own in AUS than it is to actually buy it.

Vaginal backwash.

>Living in Colorado a state full of microbreweries, cheap delicious well crafted IPAs and other beers down the street and in most stores

Feels great man.

I actually never got what exactly the Reinheitsgebot said, I know some aspects of it, but there are many, many more than publicly known. Overall most beer here still follows, has to follow the Reinheitsgebot. You can get around it somehow though, one way is to simply not market it as beer I think. Just call it differently and you should be fine, at least that's how I'd interpret what I read about it.

Many people say it's a bad thing, but honestly, I don't want anything else in my beer. I had many good "regular" beers and most were very, very different in taste, I don't need something like ginger in my beer. It might sound stubborn, but I really like the taste of regular beer, so I'm fine with the Reinheitsgebot.

>Its a blast and any attendee from Europe or the Anglospere would be impressed with American beer after hitting this fest.
I never talked shit about your microbreweries, I'm sure there are some, even many, good ones. But our Macrobreweries aren't as bad as yours, that's all I wanted to say. I'm also pretty sure our microbreweries are inferiour to yours, as they arer pretty young in comparison.
I'm glad that at least older kinds of beer are getting back on the table, like doppelbock. Fuck I love that stuff.

You guys know some good American beers for someone who likes regular Pils? I'd like to try some of your beers (has to be some major microbreweries, as I can't get my hands on the "underground" stuff), but I had such horrible experiences with some microbrewery beers I'm kind of reluctant to buy any more.

>post pic of shittiest beer [apart from maybe Fosters or XXXX]
Fuck off cunt.

>VB
>Exceptional
You should've said Toohey's, cunt

We own Guinness now hahahah get fucked you plastic paddy

I tried some American craft beers (one bottle of Budweiser, and one bottle of Blue Moon), they were horrible. Delusional yanks at it again.

Goddamnit I love you guys.

>But our Macrobreweries aren't as bad as yours, that's all I wanted to say.

oh, I completely agree with you here.

It has almost no yeast flavour what so ever.

But otherwise tastes pretty generic.

It makes it easy to drink a ton of them which is probably the best thing about it.

You're Finnish, not Australian. Please refrain from trolling attempts, but here's a sympathy (You)

>Bud and blue is craft beer

Ok now i know the Mongolian is trolling,

Here's you're "I was just pretending to be retarded" (you).

>You guys know some good American beers for someone who likes regular Pils? I'd like to try some of your beers (has to be some major microbreweries, as I can't get my hands on the "underground" stuff), but I had such horrible experiences with some microbrewery beers I'm kind of reluctant to buy any more.

can you list some non-Budweiser/Miller beer brands that you can purchase in Germany?

Sam Adams and Rolling Rock are pretty good

Basically stuff like that on this page:
craftbeer-shop.com/epages/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318/Categories/Brauereien/USA

>That's why I think the reason you have such a good microbrewery scene is because your macrobreweries are just so fucking bad. Macros in Germany aren't as bad, at least not all of them, so Microbrewerie stuff has it harder around here.

We do have some mediocre macro-breweries in the USA like Samuel Adams. They make decent beer and it's available everywhere here. They try and market themselves as a "micro-brewery" but they are far from it. They're the largest American owned brewery in the USA after InBev bought Anheuser-Busch.

Also, I like pic related from Germany; it's a relatively inexpensive import and it's available everywhere. It's good beer for the price.

Honest though, they were labeled under "specialty beers" which is what craft is called here. Similar level of retardation as labeling local brews as imports.

juuh elikkäs

Those are major beers. Blue moon isn't terrible if you're out at a bar, but those are not indicative of craft beer

XXXX bitter or james squire pale ale are best aussie brews.

It's probably because they're imported, which somehow makes it 'special' to foreign retailers, even if it's the most commonly disregarded beer in its country of origin.

Yeah, I came to this conclusion pretty fast.

why do people pretend pic related and Sam Adams don't exist? Fairly cheap, large scale breweries that have pretty good stuff. I really don't care, but I'm sick of this "American watery garbage beer" and the opposite end with some faggot babbling about microbreweries, which mostly are just over-using hops

You were saying?

>Overusing hops

What are you some sort of can crushing plebs? Hops are delicious.

I love the taste of piss in the mornin'

>craftbeer-shop.com/epages/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/3629f328-522d-42c8-951a-2e001b280318/Categories/Brauereien/USA

I would recommend Firestone Walker's beers.

>Yuengling
>Good

Maybe if I'm already drunk

Do euros drink IPAs and stouts and other variants? I feel that all non-Americans talk about as far as beer types go are lagers and pilsners

>22 million people

Holy shit, you are literally a nothing country.

I'm noticing a trend with you mart starters and muh award winning beers.
Getting so defensive over a brew that you are not personally involved in creating, it's quite sad to be honest.
The fact is Americans on average drink crap light beer.

Is alcohol even allowed in the caliphate?

Also Coopers Sparkling Ale best ale

I'd like to formally thank Australia for being big strong charismatic and intelligent GODS at cricket and introducing me to this great sport.

The american beer over here is brewed under licence in UK which they also do with big euro beers and change the taste.I can drink the same beer here or in holland/Germany wherever and it's like drinking a completely different beer. The quality on continental Europe is vastly superior with the big draft beers. I did try imported Sam Adams and thought it was a good beer desu.

I really wanted to like their beer so much, they had decent-sounding flavors for Halloween but it was meh when I got them. I've been trying all the seventh son beers, and i have to say not one has been bad yet

there is so much more subtlety to the flavor of a beer than just hops. Hops are good in the correct amount but over using them eliminates all other flavors of the beer

I'm not saying it's the best, but for it's cost and availability it is definitely my go-to Beer

>hot climate
>ability to brew decent beer
choose one

>Also Coopers Sparkling Ale best ale
Finally! Cheers m8.

My liquor store sells pic related. This is good English beer--some of the best I've had, honestly. There isn't a beer from this brewery that I didn't enjoy. Can any of you Brits recommend a brewery of a similar caliber?

does anyone else think 90% of craft beers are wanky, hipster shit?

Beer is meant to be a simple drink, that's why it's enjoyable and the retarded microbrewers start adding all these flavours that don't go into it and just get sales because of other hipsters and all their marketing. If you want a complex alcohol to circlejerk with some fags with just drink wine or whisky....

>The fact is Americans on average drink crap light beer.
This must speak volumes about people from Europe and Australia. The market dictates what is available and what is produced for consumption. And, if the American market has more variety, more competition, and objectively better beers, despite the fact that " Americans on average drink crap light beer," using your own claim and using basic economic facts, we can determine that more Europeans and Australians on average drink worse crap beer. The beer market reflects this conclusion as well.

No need to get butthurt about reality.

Alice is the best Australian on Earth,despite her horrible taste in pets.

Unfortunately MadTree doesn't tend to can their best stuff (Galaxy and Citra not included), but their selection at the brewery itself is exceptional. Lucky for me, it's but a short drive away. I hope they can manage some expansion as they're really quite good.

I was partial to their best extra stout when living in WA. Dat sparkling ABV% though.

By drinking anything other than Coopers you are a traitor to your nation.

Most of our successful micros get bought out by larger companies so they tend to sell alright.

Top tier drink mate shame not many shops sell it had some good nights getting pissed on that stuff

>Czech Republic and Germany
>implying lager is beer

>I don't support local industry
>I only purchase products from global conglomerates that have no representation in my local region
>I fucking hate hipsters who support the local economy and local industry
Fuck off globalist scum.

Most of them won't even attempt to make a decent lager and just try and add more and more hops to whatever shitty made up style they create cause God forbid your taste buds get a hint of any flavor other than hops.

Paulaner is a pretty decent beer, if you like hefeweizen. It's not my thing, but one of the better big german brands. Got good taste my friend.
I can't talk about every macrobrewery, but your stuff available abroud is the worst beer I've ever tasted. Duff and Bud mostly and boy, I'd rather drink the 0.29ct/0,5l beer from our discounters, which is pretty bad already.
Thanks m8, I wrote it down and will take a look :)

Visit Wisconsin and you'll see that a good amount of what people drink is local micro.

Frothy shit desu

This is the best beer

Americans on average do drink crap beer because it's very cheap, though. Our drinking culture is a bit different from European nations like Germany. We drink to get wasted for the most part. We're a nation of binge drinkers and shit like Samuel Adams costs too much to drink a 24 pack all of the time. That's one of the reasons it isn't as popular as Bud--even though it's available everywhere and lots of people drink it. Most normies just default to the cheap shit so they can get their buzz on.

Well here in Scotland Innis and Gunn is popular.